Fake Out About! (A n00b UU War Story)

Even if I haven't yet fully integrated myself in Competitive Pokemon battling I did feel that should I have a close and interesting battle I could make a good war story out of it. I've already found UU more appealing, and slightly less overwhelming as a place to start. This team is my own (and was radically different before I dropped some n00b gimmicks), but I may switch to archived RMT teams to give me a leg-up and get some consistent wins. But as I've talked for too long now, here's the war story!

This is a battle between tdubbery6 and myself, Misery Valentine.

Misery Valentine's Team:

tdubbery6's team will be listed at the bottom, so you learn of the his pokemon as I do, hopefully justifying some of my tactics. EDIT: tdubbery6 kindly offered to comment on each round as well, which I am greatly thankful for. I hope the extra bulk isn't a problem.

Rules:

Ladder Match
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Evasion Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause

- Extraneous information at first instance and then omitted (such as Leftovers).
- Score will be presented after every KO (tdubbery6 - Misery Valentine).
- Battle text will be in bold.
- My comments will be in purple.
- tdubbery6's comments will be in green.

---

tdubbery6 sent out AndreMiller (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).
Misery Valentine sent out Ambipom (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 100%) | Ambipom (100%)

Great, another Ambipom... forcing me to think hard from the get go. I know my Ambipom is Speed Maxed and can only assume tdubbery6's is too. I don't want my Ambipom screwed over by losing a speed tie, so I safely switch to my Mismagius to eat his Fake Out.

Alright, an Ambipom lead. Most of them will try to Fake-Out and risk the speed tie, especially if they are running max speed, which I assume is the case. Regardless, Ambipom can’t do anything to Registeel so I’ll switch to him to try and get some free set up.

tdubbery6 switched in LouWilliams (lvl 100 Registeel).
Misery Valentine switched in Mismagius (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).

---

LouWilliams (Registeel, 100%) | Mismagius (100%)

Clearly he didn't want to risk losing a speed tie either, but I can assume it's not a Baton Passer ('cause lead Ambipom with Baton Pass and Fake Out are silly >.>). But I have the better match-up on the surface now. My Mismagius needs her speed, and I can't afford to be paralyzed, so I'm going play it safe again and substitute. Without the Nasty Plot from Ambipom a sub should let me Calm Mind up.

Of the same mind, she tries to absorb the Fake Out as well. Mismagius can be any number of things, but most common is the Sub-CM version. I’m expecting this and praying that I don’t get a Taunt as I switch to Clefable.

tdubbery6 switched in SamDalembert (lvl 100 Clefable ?).
Mismagius used Substitute.
Mismagius lost 25% of its health.
Mismagius made a substitute!
Mismagius's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mismagius restored 6% of its health.
SamDalembert was badly poisoned!

---

SamDalembert (Clefable, 100%) | Mismagius (81%)

Perfect, a free sub is a free sub and I can now freely CM up and start to hurt tdubbery6's team. I'm guessing it's to early to think about a sweep, but I figure if Clefable stays in it won't like taking several boosted HP Fighting hits.

Excellent, I’m in and the opponent is lured into thinking she can set up. I run the Encore set specifically for stopping Mismagius, though Toxic Orb helps to indicate otherwise. I’m pretty sure that she will try to CM here, but I can feel pretty safe Encoring regardless because Clefable shrugs off HP Fighting easily.

Mismagius used Calm Mind.
Mismagius's special attack was raised.
Mismagius's special defence was raised.
SamDalembert used Encore.
Mismagius got an encore!
SamDalembert is hurt by poison!

---

Samdalembert (Clefable, 100%) | Mismagius (86%)

So my first signs of n00b-i-ness show, and Clefable locks me into CM. I can't afford to be set-up on, and I hope that even expecting a switch that that Clefable can't much hurt what I send in. On the chance it does stay in my Blaziken will rip it apart.

Alright, very good. Everything is according to plan. I can’t do any damage to Mismagius with Clefable, so I have to switch. It’s possible that I can get some free set up with Torterra if for some reason she doesn’t switch, so Torterra it is.

tdubbery6 switched in EltonBrand (lvl 100 Torterra ?).
Misery Valentine switched in Blaziken (lvl 100 Blaziken ?).

---

EltonBrand (Torterra, 100%) | Blaziken (100%)

Wow, at least I get n00b luck when we both switch, Scarfed Blaziken can't lose to Torterra. Superpower is my safer choice if Torterra is leaving, but my Blaziken doesn't take hits well... Earthquake... It also runs off of my lower offensive stat to his highest. I do have HP Grass, and would expect a Water to switch into my sensible Overheat / Fire Blast, but again I don't want to risk Torterra staying in. Therefore I hit Overheat and hope to kill Torterra or dent a switch-in.

Blaziken might be the worst case scenario for me here, as I’m forced to switch. Milotic is by far my safest option here, as it can take any move Blaziken has and force it out.

tdubbery6 switched in AndreIguodala (lvl 100 Milotic ?).
Blaziken used Overheat.
It's not very effective...
AndreIguodala lost 27% of its health.
Blaziken's special attack was harshly lowered.
AndreIguodala's leftovers restored its health a little!
AndreIguodala restored 6% of its health.

---

AndreIguodala (Milotic, 79%) | Blaziken (100%)

Here's to hoping I trust my instinct / predictions more as I get experienced. Blaziken is going, we both know that, and I reckon I can switch-in Cloyster pretty safely. It'd also be nice to get my Entry Hazards going, as they greatly help if I don't have the opportunity to set-up before attacking.

And Milotic takes that hit like a champ. OK, she has to switch out now as she is most likely Scarfed. I’m predicting a Roserade or something similar, who often think that they can switch in to Milotic quite safely. I select Ice Beam in that event.

Misery Valentine switched in Cloyster (lvl 100 Cloyster ?).
AndreIguodala used Ice Beam.
Cloyster lost 8% of its health.
Cloyster's leftovers restored its health a little!
Cloyster restored 6% of its health.

---

AndreIguodala (Milotic, 85%) | Cloyster (98%)

I scream for Ice Beam! I've got to figure it's carrying HP Electric / Grass to hurt me, but not so much that I can't get a layer of Spikes down, Cloyster's main role.

Now Cloyster is not something I see often, and I don’t have much of an answer for it. My only hope is to hammer it with HP Grass to prevent it from laying too many Spikes.

AndreIguodala used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 45% of its health.
Cloyster used Spikes.
Spikes were scattered around the foe's team!

---

AndreIguodala (Milotic, 91%) | Cloyster (59%)

Spikes are down and I've got enough health left to freely choose my next action. I don't overly fear Entry Hazards as I wanna set-up and stay in when possible, so I don't want to keep Cloyster to Rapid Spin. Another layer of Spikes would effectively negate Leftovers but then Milotic is basically good as new and I won't have my best counter for it. If Explosion doesn't kill it, at least it won't threaten me anymore.

Gotta keep going…

AndreIguodala used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Cloyster lost 48% of its health.
Cloyster used Explosion.
AndreIguodala lost 87% of its health.
Misery Valentine's Cloyster fainted.

Misery Valentine switched in Ambipom (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).

---

AndreIguodala (Milotic, 10%) | Ambipom (100%)

(6-5)

A good, fast Fake Out will take Milotic down so I expect a switch, but again I don't want to risk being wrong by using Nasty Plot to find: Milotic trying to do some damage before she kicks it OR healing up. So yeah... a round-about way of saying I'm going to use Fake Out anyway.

Ouch, that hurt. I guess I should’ve expected it and made the switch to Registeel, but at least it’s out of the way. Plus I now have death fodder should I need it later in the game. I’m expecting a Fake Out to score a cheap kill on Milotic, so I’ll make the obligatory switch to Registeel.

LouWilliams was hurt by Spikes!
LouWilliams lost 12% of its health.
Ambipom used Fake Out.
LouWilliams lost 7% of its health.
Ambipom's leftovers restored its health a little!
Ambipom restored 6% of its health.

---

LouWilliams (Registeel, 81%) | Ambipom (100%)

To be honest I should've expected that, but Milotic isn't going to find switching in easy now. How about I make it a bit harder? As I said Mismagius hates Paralysis and most Registeel carry Thunder Wave so I change for something that doesn't overly mind being paralyzed, Mesprit.

I’m fairly confident that Misery doesn’t carry a Ground on her team, so I take the opportunity to spread a little free paralysis. I often find that paralysis can make or break a battle for me, and I can always get rocks up later. I’m hoping to hit Mismagius on the switch as that’s who she switched into Registeel last time.

Misery Valentine switched in Mesprit (lvl 100 Mesprit).
LouWilliams used Thunder Wave.
Mesprit is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

---

LouWilliams (Registeel, 81%) | Mesprit (100%, Paralyzed)

As expected Mesprit takes one for the team and gets paralyzed. Didn't notice it last turn but Registeel isn't carrying leftovers but is using support moves? I'm too much of a n00b to figure out what it's up to, but I'm only here to lay some rocks down anyway so Registeel doesn't bother me for now.

Well, I’ll take it I guess. It’s probably a support Mesprit, so I’ll take the opportunity to set up rocks now, as I assume she’ll do the same.

LouWilliams used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Mesprit used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!
Mesprit's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mesprit restored 6% of its health.

---

LouWilliams (Registeel, 81%) | Mesprit (100%, Paralyzed)

In hind-site I'm not entirely sure why I chose to switch to Ambipom here, it can't hurt Registeel and won't appreciate paralysis either. Once more I think this is where my inexperience is shown, in that I can make silly moves, but once more I get lucky and face-up against Clefable. I don't want to use Fake Out, as my prediction tells me even though Clefable doesn't fear me (and can Encore Nasty Plot / HP Dark), I can only expect to see Registeel again. So here's to a risky move...

OK, now it’s time to switch. I’ll throw Clefable back into the fire to absorb whatever Mesprit has.

SamDalembert was hurt by Spikes!
Pointed stones dug into SamDalembert.
Pointed stones dug into Ambipom.
Ambipom lost 12% of its health.

Well, Ambipom. You know what that means, time to go back to Registeel…

---

LouWilliams was hurt by Spikes!
LouWilliams lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into LouWilliams.
LouWilliams lost 6% of its health.
Ambipom used Nasty Plot.
Ambipom's special attack was sharply raised.

---

LouWilliams (Registeel, 63%) | Ambipom (100%)

Score one to prediction! Even though Registeel has huge SpD I'm thinking it can't hurt my Mismagius. Add in that I can hit it with SE +2 HP Fighting and I should beat it. From there I should be able to start getting a sweep going with my +2 unresisted attack combo (Shadow Ball + HP Fighting) supported by entry hazards.

Nasty Plot!?! You don’t see that move often on Ambipom, especially on lead builds. This thing now scares the crap out of me, I have to get it out of the way. Time to go BOOM!

Ambipom used Baton Pass.
Misery Valentine switched in Mismagius (lvl 100 Mismagius ?).
Pointed stones dug into Mismagius.
Mismagius lost 12% of its health.
LouWilliams used Explosion.
It doesn't affect Mismagius...
tdubbery6's LouWilliams fainted.

---
Samdalembert (Clefable, 100%) | Mismagius (80%)

(5-5)

Well that went better than expected, taking out a very annoying special wall that would have held Mismagius up. Now add in that I'm confident of 2HKO'ing his Clefable and I can start to see my team working. I don't know if this Clefable carries status, and would not normally risk it, but I hope to get Toxic'd over paralyzed. Having seen Encore earlier I know if I sub and it uses Encore I have to switch out, necessitating another set-up.

That was unfortunate. I had a feeling that something like that would happen but I was really hoping that it wouldn’t. I forgot about Murphy’s Law though, which always has a knack of applying to me. I’ll send in Clefable to encore whatever move it tries to use, probably HP Fighting.

Mismagius used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
SamDalembert lost 61% of its health.
SamDalembert used Encore.
Mismagius got an encore!

---

Samdalembert (Clefable, 39%) | Mismagius (86%)

Score two to prediction! I don't mind in the least being locked into HP Fighting, especially as I'm quicker than Clefable. I don't know what to expect here, so I return to safe options and hope to dent something with HP Fighting.

Everything is going to plan, I need to get rid of this thing though. I’m sure Blaziken can survive one HP Fighting before OHKOing, but I need to get it in. Luckily I have death fodder. Thank you, Milotic.

tdubbery6 switched in AndreIguodala (lvl 100 Milotic ?).
AndreIguodala was hurt by Spikes!
AndreIguodala lost 10% of its health.
tdubbery6's AndreIguodala fainted.
But there was no target!

tdubbery6 switched in ThaddeusYoung (lvl 100 Blaziken ?).
ThaddeusYoung was hurt by Spikes!
ThaddeusYoung lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into ThaddeusYoung.
ThaddeusYoung lost 12% of its health.

---

ThaddeusYoung (Blaziken, 76%) | Mismagius (94%)

(4-5)

I didn't expect Milotic to be coming in but I don't mind, I suppose tdubbery6 was using it to see if I wanted to unlock my Mismagius? As I didn't he could choose his/her best pokemon for the job, a Blaziken in this case. I would obviously have liked to hit it with Shadow Ball but assuming it was Scarfed (like mine) I just decided to bring the hurt.

OK, time to light this thing on fire. I run LO Blaziken, so I don’t think I’ll have any problems KOing.

ThaddeusYoung lost 58% of its health.
ThaddeusYoung used Fire Blast.
Mismagius lost 94% of its health.
Misery Valentine's Mismagius fainted.
ThaddeusYoung lost 10% of its health.

---

ThaddeusYoung (Blaziken, 8%) | Ambipom (88%)

(4-4)

Ah. It appears to have been Life Orbed, and scraped a kill by 2%. EDIT: Ah. It appears to have been Life Orbed, not Choice Scarfed.

My key pokemon is down, but I've still got several going strong and my unrevealed Drapion in the wings. At least I know that Blaziken can no longer survive, and so I switch in Ambipom and safely Fake Out.

Well now that threat’s gone. I’m expecting another Fake Out but I don’t have anything left that really enjoys taking it. I have to sacrifice Blaziken, though it definitely did its job: killing her staple Pokemon.

Ambipom used Fake Out.
ThaddeusYoung lost 7% of its health.
tdubbery6's ThaddeusYoung fainted.

tdubbery6 switched in AndreMiller (lvl 100 Ambipom ?).
AndreMiller was hurt by Spikes!
AndreMiller lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into AndreMiller.

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 76%) | Ambipom (94%)

(3-4)

Brilliant, Ambipom vs Ambipom again, except this time I don't have Fake Out. I want to keep Ambipom to chance at a late game Nasty Plot so I switch it away to something that has been less valued since Mismagius bit the dust, Drapion.

Now I can bring in Ambipom safely and Fake Out to score major damage. No brainer of a turn really.

Misery Valentine switched in Drapion (lvl 100 Drapion ?).
Pointed stones dug into Drapion.
Drapion lost 12% of its health.
AndreMiller used Fake Out.
A critical hit!
Drapion lost 71% of its health.

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 76%) | Drapion (17%)

Damn you hax! I wasn't expecting Drapion to do much against Ambipom anyway, just take some health away from it and leave it open to quick / hazard killing. Drapion is a lost cause, and now we're getting late into the match I want to get the free-switch in. See ya Drapion, I hardly knew ye.

There comes her last Pokemon, a Drapion. I score a timely crit here, though I’m not sure it really would have mattered. It definitely would have been close as to whether I KO the next turn. I expect her to just let it die here and I happily oblige.

AndreMiller used Double Hit.
Drapion lost 17% of its health.
Misery Valentine's Drapion fainted.
Hit 2 time(s)!

Misery Valentine switched in Blaziken (lvl 100 Blaziken ?).
Pointed stones dug into Blaziken.
Blaziken lost 12% of its health.

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 76%) | Blaziken (88%)

(3-3)

Without Fake Out tdubbery6's Ambipom opens up to my Scarfed Blaziken. Its high enough on health to switch-out, so I play safe and use Superpower to hit everything on his team, only his Torterra stands a chance (though it would be nice to down that Ambipom).

OK, Blaziken’s back out. I know that I can kill it with Fake Out if I can get Ambipom back in, so now it’s just a matter of who to sacrifice. Fare thee well, Clefable, thou played thy role well.

Blaziken used Superpower.
It's super effective!
SamDalembert lost 39% of its health.
tdubbery6's SamDalembert fainted.
Blaziken's attack was lowered.
Blaziken's defence was lowered.

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 52%) | Blaziken (88%)

(2-3)

Slight over-kill there I think but none-the-less I retake the lead. His Ambipom is back in (at half health) and that can only mean Fake Out. With his Ambipom finally out of the way I can wrap this battle up.

We both know what’s coming here, I’m killing something with Fake Out.

Blaziken lost 88% of its health.
Misery Valentine's Blaziken fainted.

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 52%) | Ambipom (82%)

(2-2)

Even if my Blaziken is paper-thin I wasn't expecting his Ambipom to take it down. I may not have mentioned it for a while but this might have been another case of n00b-i-ness? Either way I've got Fake Out advantage this time, so expecting the switch I decide to Nasty Plot, giving my Mesprit a chance to sweep (and at the very least powering-up HP Dark).

And in comes his Ambipom, and I expect it to Fake Out to score an easy KO, since she has the advantage. I’m fairly confident that Ambipom can handle everything now, but I would like to do a bit more damage to her Ambipom just to make sure. I have to send in Torterra regardless.

tdubbery6 switched in EltonBrand (lvl 100 Torterra ?).
EltonBrand was hurt by Spikes!
EltonBrand lost 12% of its health.
Pointed stones dug into EltonBrand.
EltonBrand lost 6% of its health.
Ambipom used Nasty Plot.
Ambipom's special attack was sharply raised.

---

EltonBrand (Torterra, 82%) | Ambipom (88%)

And here comes my final(-ish) n00b error. I didn't know what tdubbery6 was planning to do, nor did I know how much damage I could expect from a +2 HP Dark. As Sun Tzu would have said: "Not know thyself, not know thy enemy. Find defeat in every battle." I was planning on keeping Mesprit to try and use its bulk to get the win, and decided I should do enough with HP Dark.

Wow, Torterra comes in safely. I know that I can Rock Polish here as I survive a boosted Swift. Then I can outspeed, and do some major damage with Wood Hammer.

Ambipom used Hidden Power.
EltonBrand lost 31% of its health.
EltonBrand used Rock Polish.
EltonBrand's speed was sharply raised.

---

EltonBrand (Torterra, 51%) | Ambipom (94%)

Crap. I'm now going to be out sped. Desperation kicks in and I go for a Baton Pass, hoping to god I give my Mesprit some power.

"U Can’t touch this, Misery," Torterra exclaims gleefully. "It’s Hammer Time"

EltonBrand used Wood Hammer.
Ambipom lost 89% of its health.
EltonBrand was hit by recoil!
EltonBrand lost 32% of its health.
Ambipom used Baton Pass.
Pointed stones dug into Mesprit.
Mesprit lost 12% of its health.
Mesprit's leftovers restored its health a little!
Mesprit restored 6% of its health.

---

EltonBrand (Torterra, 19%) | Mesprit (94%)

Somehow Ambipom survives a hammering (sorry!) and I sneak Mesprit in.... I play it safe with my boosted Ice Beam and hope for something.

No idea why she Baton Passed, maybe she was hoping that she would outspeed still and gain the upper hand with Fake Out. No matter, I just have to keep doing as much damage as possible: I don’t have to worry about her Ambipom anymore because he dies due to SR damage his next time in. Hammer Time once again.

EltonBrand used Wood Hammer.
Mesprit lost 58% of its health.
EltonBrand was hit by recoil!
EltonBrand lost 19% of its health.
tdubbery6's EltonBrand fainted.
Mesprit is paralysed! It can't move!

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 28%) | Mesprit (42%)

(1-2)

Was not expecting his Torterra to suicide and I just about began to think I may get the win after all. His Fake Out is going to end either of my pokemon, and given that my Ambipom is going to die by hazard I decide to sacrifice it to rid him of his Fake Out.

And that’s the end of the match, there’s no way Mesprit can survive a Fake Out + U-Turn. Good Game, Misery.

Ambipom lost 5% of its health.
Misery Valentine's Ambipom fainted.
But there was no target!

Pointed stones dug into Mesprit.
Mesprit lost 12% of its health.

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 28%) | Mesprit (30%)

(1-1)

This is it, one on one for the win. tdubbery6's Ambipom is going to get the first strike in, even without Fake Out (and Mesprit's Paralysis). I can only use Thunderbolt / Ice Beam and hope it hits the frail Ambipom hard enough.

Merely a formality as she’s paralyzed and can’t take any more hits, though I’m pretty sure that I outspeed anyway.

AndreMiller used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Mesprit lost 28% of its health.
Mesprit is paralysed! It can't move!

---

AndreMiller (Ambipom, 28%) | Mesprit (2%)

And that's me ended, by a paralysis I had basically forgotten about, not that knowing it a round or two ago would have made a difference. I don't consider it hax, just plain old bad timing.

Phew, I got a little careless there. I can’t believe that Mesprit survived that. I’m hoping that was a case of minimum damage as opposed to me severely miscalculating. Regardless, NOW it’s over. Good Game, once again.

AndreMiller used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Mesprit lost 7% of its health.
Misery Valentine's Mesprit fainted.
tdubbery6 wins!

tdubbery6: gg
Misery Valentine: gg

---

Props:

- First props to tdubbery6 for getting the win, and really pushing my team, helping me to find out it's weaknesses
- Not sure if this deserves to go on here, but my predicting ability starting to work, even if I choose the safe option
- Mesprit and Cloyster doing their jobs
- tdubbery6's Ambipom out predicting me and causing some surprises
- Half props to getting my Mismagius set-up with Nasty Plot, even if it didn't last as long as I wanted it too

Slops:

- Losing my Mismagius and Blaziken due to my inexperience, leading me not to fear pokemon I should have
- Getting into panic mode near the end, letting tdubbery6 do want he wanted
- As part of the panic, forgetting my Mesprit was paralyzed in the heat of battle
- Falling foul of tdubbery6's predicting with obvious plays (e.g. Mismagius CM after sub)

tdubbery6's Team:

Closing Comments:

I'm quite happy overall, despite the loss. tdubbery6 really worked me hard to give me a chance to review my team (3rd battle with this team). I still have some ways to go and I'm considering going in for tutoring, mainly UU but also some OU as its more common. Most of all I had fun writing this war story, and I hope you enjoyed reading it. I would really appreciate any comments you want to leave, especially if you are tdubbery6, your insights into how you exploited my team would be really helpful.

I now realise I should've switched in Mesprit, let it bite the dust, returned with Blaziken and used Overheat, then if his Ambipom was left I could use mine for the win.
Paralysis was the nail in my coffin, not sure if forgetting my Mesprit was paralyzed would count as a n00b error, as I just lost track of it in the heat of battle. I was still in panic mode at this time.

Nice for a first warstory, keep it up.

Yeah, you should've let blaziken alive but no problem, you did ok anyways.

Perhaps Silk scarf.

I'm surprised it did that much to drapion with only fake out (I know it was critical, but still without it it's a lot)

This battle wasn't bad, but the mistakes didn't do good for it. Passable warstory though, and your writing skills aren't bad.

Don't take "n00b-i-ness" as an excuse though. That's the only thing in your writing that let me down tbh.

Also:
ThaddeusYoung (Blaziken, 8%) | Ambipom (88%)

(4-4)

Ah. It appears to have been Life Orbed, and scraped a kill by 2%.
I think you got a bit confused there. He was LO, but you assumed he survived with 2% and the "leftovers" got him to 8%. Blaziken actually survived with 18%. Fix that.

Good warstory, expecting more in the future.

This battle wasn't bad, but the mistakes didn't do good for it. Passable warstory though, and your writing skills aren't bad.

Don't take "n00b-i-ness" as an excuse though. That's the only thing in your writing that let me down tbh.

Also:

I think you got a bit confused there. He was LO, but you assumed he survived with 2% and the "leftovers" got him to 8%. Blaziken actually survived with 18%. Fix that.

Good warstory, expecting more in the future.
I appreicate the feed back. I only mentioned n00b-i-ness to explain why I may have made a choice that more experienced players would have avoided, but I'll make sure to remember that if I do another one.

For the second point, I knew (at the point of the comment) the Blaziken was LO'd but I was refering to it taking down my Mismagius (who I calculated at 92%, obviously .% somewhere changed the numbers so I'll correct that now).

Also Blaziken was at 76% health, my HP Fighting took it down by 58% and LO recoil leaves it with 8% (76-58-10=8). But yeah, thanks for the feed back ^_^

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This wasn't badly written at all, so props for that. However,some mistakes:

Never switch in Mismagius to absorb a Fake Out from Ambipom. Lead Ambipom(except the Baton Passers) always carry Payback/Pursuit, which OHKOes Missy with a Life Orb.

Also, never leave Mismagius in against Registeel unless it is the Stallbreaker Mismagius, as it can't win, even at +2.

Bu this will come with time, don't worry. Good job!

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Heh, I remember this battle, one of the better ones of the evening for sure. Exploding on Mismagius sucked, though, but that's what I get for panicking a bit on my own. Nasty Plot on that lead was surprising!

My Ambipom carries Silk Scarf for anyone who cares to know.

Yeah that Ambipom hit hard, I have some spare EVs on Blaziken, perhaps I could consider bulking it up a bit, not that I'd get much more out of it... better tactics would seem a better way to go :p

tdubbery6 has kindly provided me with his comments for each round, which have now been editted in. I at least found it interesting to see his planning, though I am quite biased in that regard.

I know this isn't a RMT, but if I find that I can reliably pass Mismagius a Nasty Plot I'm thinking about taking CM out for Thunderbolt.

EDIT: RTM > RMT

Great warstory, I think they covered whatever I could say about this.

Also:

I know this isn't a RTM, but if I find that I can reliably pass Mismagius a Nasty Plot I'm thinking about taking CM out for Thunderbolt.
RMT, not RTM. I won't give suggestion for that though, I've never played UU.

Dubulous

I look just like Buddy Holly.
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I know, hindsight is 20/20 but I really thought that U-Turn would just KO and I didn't want to risk the 5 percent chance of Double Hit missing.

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
I thought it was fairly good read, especially considering it was your first warstory.
Keep it up.

this warstory is decent some common mistakes there but dont worry we all make mistakes!

a good wastory for a first attempt

7.5/10

Wow, it just occured to me that Ampibom's Fake Out his comparable to Scizor's Bullet Punch. No wonder it did so much, took me half the warstory to realize =P. Pretty good for a first time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)