fat boi

~(=
=)~​

Hiya ppl - its Annoyer with my first RMT (mawile one doesnt count =/) - I wanted to post a bunch of teams before this but I am an insanely lazy shit so I never got to doing them. This team is actually a semi-stall team based around Munchlax aka fat boi because its underratedand the new drop at the time I made this team, Mandibuzz (kacaw). Most people who know me know that I'm primarily as an offensive/hyper offensive player so this team might come off as a surprise because I rarely use defensive teams cause I despise stall (ebeast = fgt). This team is cool because its a pretty defensive team (aka semi-stall) without using the likes of common stall behemoths such as Bastiodon, Misdreavus, Roselia, or Alomomola which I found pretty cool. I actually found a lot of success with the team against the ladder and during some matches against my nigs FLCL and ebeast. (btw Lickilicky fits a lot better than Munchlax on this team because it can pass wishes which every mon on my team appreciates, heals status and can phaze too, but I don't want to replace Munchlax because the difference isn't too huge and Munchlax is the whole point of the team so I don't want to get rid of him - fat boi <3)

Also this team is one of only a select number of my teams without Scarf Jynx lol!

D=
=D​

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rock Blast
- Toxic

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Big Pecks
EVs: 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Taunt
- Toxic
- Foul Play
- Roost

Regirock @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 96 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Drain Punch
- Toxic

Exeggutor (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Harvest
EVs: 248 HP / 176 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sleep Powder
- Giga Drain
- Psychic
- Rest

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 180 SDef / 128 Spd
Calm Nature
- Surf
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Protect

Munchlax (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Double-Edge
- Whirlwind
>:
:<
The main strategy of the team is to set up hazards with Garbodor and Regirock, wall shit with the good typing and bulk of all the mons, phaze with Munchlax, or stall with Mandibuzz. Having no spinblocker is kinda lame but I can usually just wear down the not so good spinners in the tier pretty easily. Two Rocky Helmet mons with Garbodor and Regirock makes wearing down physical threats really easy for the team. The team does have some offensive parts to it such as Eggy and a lot of the purpose of the team is just to gain momentum and stop your opponent's momentum because Eggy and Mandibuzz can easily turn the game into your control. A couple of main threats to the team are Eel (can stall out with mandibuzz once toxiced)The typings of the mons are important synergetically to stop threats such as Volt Switchers (toad), normal/flying-types (Regirock), status mons such as Alomomola (Eggy), and Psychic-types (Mandibird) or for Jynx (fat boi). Once you get Munchlax in a favorable phazing position and hazards are set, the game is usually yours. tl; dr wall shit and win

n_n
n_n

Garbodor (FLCL) @ Rocky Helmet | Aftermath
Impish | 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
Spikes | Toxic Spikes | Rock Blast | Toxic
Garbodor is on this team because its the best Fighting-type check on the team as well as laying down the ever-important hazards. Dual Spikes is great especially for teams that are majorly weak to both of them making it an easy victory. It's ability to take on Sawk, Primeape, Gurdurr, and Scolipede along with setting up hazards really well makes Garbodor invaluable for this team. Rocky Helmet + Aftermath makes it a great last-ditch effort to take down a mon to about half health and makes it important to keep it alive to make use of it. Rock Blast is for Haunter as well as whittling other threats such as Armaldo easier. Toxic is nice to cripple stuff like non-Heal Bell Musharna as well as Mandibuzzes. I actually run a lot more Speed on this Garbodor so stuff like Misdreavus can't Taunt me, SubBU Brav can't set up on me, and to cripple Mandibuzz as well as not getting Taunted which is all really useful for this team. The speed there is just enough for outspeeding max Speed Golems. Garbodor is also useful for absorbing annoying Toxic Spikes that FLCL uses on every fucking team. It synergizes really well with Mandibuzz with typing and giving Mandibuzz an easier time to stall.
Garbodor is named FLCL because they're both fucking trash.

Mandibuzz (ebeast) @ Leftovers | Big Pecks
Bold | 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 Spe | 0 Atk
Taunt | Toxic | Foul Play | Roost
Mandibuzz, a recent drop at the time of this team's creation, found its place on this team due to its great typing and defensive capabilities. Honestly, I thought Mandibuzz was crap when it first joined the team but after using its Taunt + Toxic set a lot, its really damn good. So many teams really have nothing for Mandibuzz and it can beat a lot of common dangerous threats such as Musharna, Exeggutor and Golurk. Its also a pretty good stall breaker once the Rock/Steel-type is out of the way. The EVs allow it to outspeed most Misdreavuses but I actually run more Speed than that to outspeed most other Mandibuzzes and most Missies that creep more (not revealing ehue). Mandibuzz is definitely one of the main ways this team wins just because of how hard it is to kill because of great speed, bulk, and Roost. It synergizes well with the rest of the team by making use of hazards and taking threats on that the team would otherwise struggle to deal with. 0 Attack IVs and Bold nature minimizes opponent's Foul Play damage.
Mandibuzz is ebeast because they're both dark users.

Regirock (cbb) @ Rocky Helmet | Clear Body
Impish | 248 HP / 148 Atk / 96 Def / 16 Spe
Stealth Rock | Stone Edge | Drain Punch | Toxic
Regirock has lately been a really underappreciated Stealth Rocker because of the prominence of Golurk and Seismitoad but its still, in my opinion, one of the most reliable Stealth Rockers in the meta. With its ability to completely tank like any Normal-type or Flying-type attacker, Regirock is really great for this team because otherwise it would struggle with the likes of Braviary or Tauros. Rocky Helmet helps wear down stuff like Kangaskhan much faster and whittling down Primeapes that U-turn spam for days. The EV spread gives it a lot of bulk letting it tank attacks easier and Toxic allows it to beat Braviary (all sets including SubBU if you have any kind of prediction capability) and cripples Alomomola, Tangela, Misdreavus, Golurk, and Seismitoad - all common switch-ins to Regirock. Stone Edge instead of say Rock Slide because there is no point to investing in Attack and then using a weaker STAB to abuse imo. The team takes care of most of Regirock's counters which makes its liabilities actually pretty good for the team to turn momentum around - for example, Exeggutor takes on Alomomola, Seismitoad, and Tangela without a problem while Mandibuzz can take on Golurk and Misdreavus pretty well.
cbb = Regirock = :)!

Exeggutor (rullo) @ Lum Berry | Harvest
Modest | 248 HP / 176 SpA / 84 Spe | 0 Atk
Sleep Powder | Giga Drain | Psychic | Rest
Exeggutor is the main glue on this team because it is a great status absorber and can stall out so many mons with Toxic Spikes up. LumRest because best overall Eggy set allowing it to perform multiple defensive roles while still having an offensive presence. Eggy is the main offensive attacker of the team while still being able to completely counter mons such as Alomomola, Tangela, and Seismitoad which is really great. Sleep Powder is nice to hit stuff like Mandibuzz or Skuntank on the switch as well as just crippling any threat for the rest of the match. This mon is a staple on like 80% of my teams just because of how many things it can do such as breaking apart defensive cores, sleeping something, absorbing status, walling a lot of threats or walls with a great typing, and having nearly perfect recovery. It just works so well with the rest of the team and Regirock/Garbo can take care of Skuntank and Mandibuzz pretty well.
rullo = Exeggutor = =D

Seismitoad (zeb) @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
Calm | 200 HP / 180 SpD / 128 Spe
Surf | Earthquake | Knock Off | Protect
In general, I don't usually use Seismitoad because I find to be kind of bleh on most teams and a bit overrated, but it fits pretty well on this team and is pretty essential. On most of my teams, I always use a Ground-type because I find the ability to put pressure on any Electric-type to prevent themselves from locking themselves into a move that can make them lose momentum is really helpful so Seismitoad is the team's counter to most Electric-types such as Rotom-S. Seismitoad is also the teams main asnwer to Shell Smash Costa which can be a pain to deal with otherwise and a good secondary check to Jynx so I won't have to risk Munchlax getting Tricked. The Speed is enough for Rampardos along with most Misdreavuses but I run a bit more to make sure I actually do outspeed most Missies. I run Surf instead of Scald so I don't burn stuff I would rather have Toxiced but mainly to break SubNP Missies's substitutes which can be a huge nuisance to deal without Surf. EQ allows me to hit Jynx hard and other stuff such as other toads. I have Knock Off to cripple Missies and other eviolite mons such as Roselia/Zweilous or even tack off Lefties recovery from the likes of Mandibuzz, Musharna, or Alomomola. Toxic isn't too necessary because I have it on 3 mons on the team along with Toxic Spikes. I chose a Specially Defensive spread because toad will generally be taking more special hits then physical hits on the team.
Seismitoad is zeb because they're both kings and zeb popularized toad a lot throughout SPL.

Munchlax (fat boi) @ Eviolite | Thick Fat
Careful | 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SpD
Rest | Sleep Talk | Double-Edge | Whirlwind
Ah Munchlax - el fat boi. Munchlax was the reason this team was made and the reason why I'm using a defensive playstyle in the first place. It's the only hard-worthy counter to Jynx and Charizard which is really great for just one teamslot and it can phaze too making use of the team's hazards pretty well. It's a great special sponge tanking hits from the likes of Eel or Haunter all day. I run Double-Edge to give it a bit more oomph and the recoil is not a big deal because of the huge HP stat (plus its cool to use). RestTalk is standard recovery for Munchlax and the EV spread is pretty standard too allowing it to take Psyshock and Focus Blast Jynx pretty well. Honestly though, a specially defensive Lickilicky would fit a lot better in this spot because it doesn't have the problem of getting forced out while asleep and it can phaze too with Dragon Tail and pass Wishes to the team because a lot of the team lacks any sort of good recovery. It can't check Jynx or Charizard as well, but I chose to keep Munchlax because of the "cool" factor and getting rid of the mon you make a good team around is sad :'(.
fat boi = munchlax = something ebeast and I started calling it after it kept critting mons with Double-Edge in random ladder matches

|[=(-.
.-)=]|

thanks to ebeast for the swaggy banner (that picture was actually my first avatar on smogon - sad ik...), flcl for the lovely sprites, and jcm for help with the format (which explains why its so bad ;]). unown titles cause alpha ruiners best team :)! shoutouts to all the nu ppl like flcl, ebeast, dtc, raz, mmf, keiran, zeb, treecko, cbb for quitting and everyone else there too. honorable mention for other fgts such as kenny, molk, trop and other horrendous users in that chat. <3 u all =)~​

Last edited:

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
where is my shoutout you asshole

Out of curiosity, how do you handle Eelektross and offensive Exeggutor? They both seem like they'd just wreck this team, particularly Eel (who occasionally carries Superpower for blobs). That aside, this looks like an excellent team, good job :)

Eelektross is definitely the biggest pain for this team. I usually resort to Toxicing it with either Garbodor, Mandibuzz, or Regirock and then stall it out with countinous roosting from Mandibuzz. At full health Mandibuzz can take a hit, fire off a Toxic, and then just Roost stall. Munchlax can take some hits but can get worn down pretty easily.

For Exeggutor, my own Eggy beats most offensive Eggy 1 on 1 by just continously Resting - Toxic Spikes help in this too. Mandibuzz can take it on without a problem if I just pivot into Munchlax on the obvious Sleep Powder and then just wall it from there. It can definitely be an issue though once Mandibuzz and Eggy are gone.

Thanks =)

Dell

majestic pride.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suppose a suggestion that may be helpful to improve your match up against Eelektross is that you tweak Mandibuzz's Defensive EVs and move them to the special side with a Careful Nature (which won't necessarily matter much for you considering how many answers you have against physical attackers anyways), which will give you a better chance of Roost stalling Eelektross (though have to be wary of Superpower during Roost stalling) and can oftentimes give you a free opportunity to Toxic it, as you now would have a solid chance of avoiding the OHKO from Expert Belt variants after Stealth Rock damage. This change can also come in handy against SubDisable Haunter which can be annoying with hazard support, considering that most Pokemon on this team has only one move to hit it with anyways (or being forced to Rest with Munchlax eventually especially if it gets poisoned, losing some momentum), and going specially defensive means that you don't have to worry about the good chance of being 2HKO'd with Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock damage when factoring the Poison (or being 2HKO'd by Life Orb variants).

Nice team btw, and hope this helps.

Suggested Changes:
Mandibuzz: Move Defense EVs to Special Defense; Replace Impish with a Careful Nature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)