1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

fat boi

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Annoyer, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~
    is a Tiering Contributor

[​IMG]

~(=[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] =)~​

Hiya ppl - its Annoyer with my first RMT (mawile one doesnt count =/) - I wanted to post a bunch of teams before this but I am an insanely lazy shit so I never got to doing them. This team is actually a semi-stall team based around Munchlax aka fat boi because its underratedand the new drop at the time I made this team, Mandibuzz (kacaw). Most people who know me know that I'm primarily as an offensive/hyper offensive player so this team might come off as a surprise because I rarely use defensive teams cause I despise stall (ebeast = fgt). This team is cool because its a pretty defensive team (aka semi-stall) without using the likes of common stall behemoths such as Bastiodon, Misdreavus, Roselia, or Alomomola which I found pretty cool. I actually found a lot of success with the team against the ladder and during some matches against my nigs FLCL and ebeast. (btw Lickilicky fits a lot better than Munchlax on this team because it can pass wishes which every mon on my team appreciates, heals status and can phaze too, but I don't want to replace Munchlax because the difference isn't too huge and Munchlax is the whole point of the team so I don't want to get rid of him - fat boi <3)

Also this team is one of only a select number of my teams without Scarf Jynx lol!

D=[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]=D​

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Importable for the whores (open)

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Aftermath
    EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Rock Blast
    - Toxic

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Big Pecks
    EVs: 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 Spd
    Bold Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Taunt
    - Toxic
    - Foul Play
    - Roost

Regirock @ Rocky Helmet
    Trait: Clear Body
    EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 96 Def / 16 Spd
    Impish Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Stone Edge
    - Drain Punch
    - Toxic

Exeggutor (F) @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Harvest
    EVs: 248 HP / 176 SAtk / 84 Spd
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Psychic
    - Rest

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
    Trait: Water Absorb
    EVs: 200 HP / 180 SDef / 128 Spd
    Calm Nature
    - Surf
    - Earthquake
    - Knock Off
    - Protect

Munchlax (F) @ Eviolite
    Trait: Thick Fat
    EVs: 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SDef
    Careful Nature
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Double-Edge
    - Whirlwind
    >:[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:<
    The main strategy of the team is to set up hazards with Garbodor and Regirock, wall shit with the good typing and bulk of all the mons, phaze with Munchlax, or stall with Mandibuzz. Having no spinblocker is kinda lame but I can usually just wear down the not so good spinners in the tier pretty easily. Two Rocky Helmet mons with Garbodor and Regirock makes wearing down physical threats really easy for the team. The team does have some offensive parts to it such as Eggy and a lot of the purpose of the team is just to gain momentum and stop your opponent's momentum because Eggy and Mandibuzz can easily turn the game into your control. A couple of main threats to the team are Eel (can stall out with mandibuzz once toxiced)The typings of the mons are important synergetically to stop threats such as Volt Switchers (toad), normal/flying-types (Regirock), status mons such as Alomomola (Eggy), and Psychic-types (Mandibird) or for Jynx (fat boi). Once you get Munchlax in a favorable phazing position and hazards are set, the game is usually yours. tl; dr wall shit and win

n_n[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]n_n

[​IMG]

Garbodor (FLCL) @ Rocky Helmet | Aftermath
    Impish | 248 HP / 240 Def / 20 Spe
    Spikes | Toxic Spikes | Rock Blast | Toxic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mandibuzz (ebeast) @ Leftovers | Big Pecks
    Bold | 232 HP / 216 Def / 60 Spe | 0 Atk
    Taunt | Toxic | Foul Play | Roost

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regirock (cbb) @ Rocky Helmet | Clear Body
    Impish | 248 HP / 148 Atk / 96 Def / 16 Spe
    Stealth Rock | Stone Edge | Drain Punch | Toxic

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Exeggutor (rullo) @ Lum Berry | Harvest
    Modest | 248 HP / 176 SpA / 84 Spe | 0 Atk
    Sleep Powder | Giga Drain | Psychic | Rest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Seismitoad (zeb) @ Leftovers | Water Absorb
    Calm | 200 HP / 180 SpD / 128 Spe
    Surf | Earthquake | Knock Off | Protect

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Munchlax (fat boi) @ Eviolite | Thick Fat
    Careful | 136 HP / 120 Def / 252 SpD
    Rest | Sleep Talk | Double-Edge | Whirlwind
    [​IMG]

|[=(-.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] .-)=]|

thanks to ebeast for the swaggy banner (that picture was actually my first avatar on smogon - sad ik...), flcl for the lovely sprites, and jcm for help with the format (which explains why its so bad ;]). unown titles cause alpha ruiners best team :)! shoutouts to all the nu ppl like flcl, ebeast, dtc, raz, mmf, keiran, zeb, treecko, cbb for quitting and everyone else there too. honorable mention for other fgts such as kenny, molk, trop and other horrendous users in that chat. <3 u all =)~​
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  2. Arcticblast

Arcticblast Winner of the Biggest Dork Competition 2014
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a SPL Winner

where is my shoutout you asshole

Out of curiosity, how do you handle Eelektross and offensive Exeggutor? They both seem like they'd just wreck this team, particularly Eel (who occasionally carries Superpower for blobs). That aside, this looks like an excellent team, good job :)
  3. Annoyer

Annoyer =)~
    is a Tiering Contributor

Eelektross is definitely the biggest pain for this team. I usually resort to Toxicing it with either Garbodor, Mandibuzz, or Regirock and then stall it out with countinous roosting from Mandibuzz. At full health Mandibuzz can take a hit, fire off a Toxic, and then just Roost stall. Munchlax can take some hits but can get worn down pretty easily.

For Exeggutor, my own Eggy beats most offensive Eggy 1 on 1 by just continously Resting - Toxic Spikes help in this too. Mandibuzz can take it on without a problem if I just pivot into Munchlax on the obvious Sleep Powder and then just wall it from there. It can definitely be an issue though once Mandibuzz and Eggy are gone.

Thanks =)
    Legendery likes this.
  4. Detective Dell

Detective Dell Winter Hibernation of the Yarnasauruses
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I suppose a suggestion that may be helpful to improve your match up against Eelektross is that you tweak Mandibuzz's Defensive EVs and move them to the special side with a Careful Nature (which won't necessarily matter much for you considering how many answers you have against physical attackers anyways), which will give you a better chance of Roost stalling Eelektross (though have to be wary of Superpower during Roost stalling) and can oftentimes give you a free opportunity to Toxic it, as you now would have a solid chance of avoiding the OHKO from Expert Belt variants after Stealth Rock damage. This change can also come in handy against SubDisable Haunter which can be annoying with hazard support, considering that most Pokemon on this team has only one move to hit it with anyways (or being forced to Rest with Munchlax eventually especially if it gets poisoned, losing some momentum), and going specially defensive means that you don't have to worry about the good chance of being 2HKO'd with Sludge Bomb after Stealth Rock damage when factoring the Poison (or being 2HKO'd by Life Orb variants).

Nice team btw, and hope this helps.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)