Favorite Beer

Yup, I can vouche for aquired taste. It only took me a while... but after a solid weekend of partying beer is just like any other beverage. Liquor on the otherhand...

I don't have any favorites... beer is beer. If I drink... I drink to get drunk. So taste isn't one of my priorities.

I'm a bit of a cheapskate. I drink whatever beer we win from the pub quiz, though it nearly always is Carlsberg or Stella. I'll have to try looking for some of the stuff recommended by you guys.

And yes, I reckon it is an aquired taste. I hated it when I started Uni.

My favourite beer is Amstel, with Heineken a close second. Hmm... Dutch people seem to know a thing or two about beer... Carlsberg is also good but I prefer the others over it.

I'm very partial to Guinness. The only other stout I've tried is Murphys, which also was pleasant to me.

For something not a stout, I do enjoy Corona. It is a bit expensive, mind, so it's more often than not it'll be something like Fosters if I get to have a drink.

Loki

like seashells
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 7 Championwon the 3rd Official Smogon Tournament
sierra nevada
bell's (amber ale or double cream)
blue moon

for cheaper bear i like labatt

When I was in England, I usually drunk either Fosters (cheap, not too bad, easy to keep drinking) or a local ale called Waggledance, which was honey flavoured and awesome, if I could find it.

Now I'm in Korea I just drink the local pissy lager- its so cheap that it doesnt really matter that its rubbish, because I can just buy twice as much!

For when I have the choice and the goal of the night isn't necessarily to get drunk, Guinness, Killian's, Yuengling and Red Stripe are all good.

But if we're playing drinking games and stuff, then Coors Light, Miller High Life (they're the only cheap beers I can really stomach), and Yuengling (when I somehow have money).

Well I turned 21 a few months ago and have been trying a lot of different beers. I'd be interested to know what kind of beer people here like and recommend. I like a darker, heavier beer, and when I can't find an interesting import or microbrew I usually grab a pack of Samuel Adams. Just the other day I tried the Sam Adams winter lager, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys dark beers or to somebody who is used to Coors/keystone/miller lite and wants to try something new. I've recently been enjoying stout style beers, and August Schell's brewery makes a fine one. Next on my list to try is Sam Adams cream stout, but I haven't been able to find it in my area.

So Smogon beer drinkers, recommend me something and discuss your favorites!
To me, beer is beer. I drink milwaukee's best because I grew up in milwaukee and the brewery was near my house. so it tastes like my childhood weirdly enough.

To me, beer is beer. I drink milwaukee's best because I grew up in milwaukee and the brewery was near my house. so it tastes like my childhood weirdly enough.
That's like saying pop is pop. Coke tastes nothing like orange soda, light beers taste nothing like an oatmeal stout. If you're just drinking to get stone drunk, I suppose any beer would do (why you would drink beer to do this is beyond me.)

Anyway, I recently finished a case of Sam Adams Brewmaster variety pack. It had the cream stout I'd been looking for, so that was the first bottle I opened. To be honest, I was a little disappointed with the stout. It was a lot thinner than I expected. It had a good flavor though, lots of chocolate. Definitely a stout that goes down easy.

Boston Ale was next on the list. Very good beer, I'd buy it over the Boston lager any day, if I can find a place that sells it, I think I've found me new regular. Pretty thick and smooth with a nice sweetness to balance the heartiness.

The last one I'll comment on is the Noble Pils. Talk about flavor. You could definitely sit and drink a couple of these, not heavy at all. Very grassy tasting, reminds me of spring. Not my favorite of the bunch, but that's saying more about my taste preferences than the beer itself. Excellent spin on the style.

The rest in the pack (Boston Lager, Coastal Wheat, Scotch Ale I think) were good, but not too memorable.

Best I've ever had was Gallo, a Guatemalan beer that won't make it out into the states most likely. At home though, I'll usually get Yuengling Lager, Magic Hat No.9, Stella Artois, and if money isn't a huge issue then Abita Purple Haze.

But honestly, Jameson and Ginger Ale ftw.

The best beer I've ever had I shared with cloud and kongler ironically and maybe a few others at Smocon in toronto, Terriblé or something to that effect, its out of production now sadly.

Otherwise I cannot believe nobody has mentioned Innis & Gunn, fucking amazing beer (But I don't like their Pilsner too much personally). Tuborg is great as well!

I love Mikes Harder Lemonade. Gets me buzzed without tasting like shit and is cheap. I will never understand unflavored beer.

Carona with a Lime wedge is excellent. Japanese Beers are also great, such as Supporo or Asahi.

I think my favorite is Miller's Genuine Draft. It's never a bad choice.

Also, Beer could easily be an acquired taste; I used to hate it now I like it. What got me into beer was Moosehead Light Lime....it barely tastes like beer.

B-Lulz

Now Rusty and Old
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Even though I don't particularly like beer (cider is much better imo), I like stella and carling is ok I guess. Other than that worst beer I ever had was Boddingtons, absolutely awful and watery!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)