Favorite Nintendo Franchises

Favorite Nintendo Franchise

• Total voters
A little Idea of mine to see what Smogon perfers of Nintendo. Clearly this is directly related to which games you perfer in general. To be onthis list though, you have to be exclusive to nintendo.
For me I'd have to Say metroid and Pokemon.
Metroid's shooters and 2D games are just incredible, and Pokemon has always been a long time favorite of mine that will never die.

saddened by the lack of metroid so far, those are my favourites games ever, though zelda link to the past comes close
voted metroid, zelda, and smash

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Pokémon is definitely my favourite, by far. I'm a big fan of the proper Mario Platformer games, as well as Mario Kart and Paper Mario. Super Smash Bros. and Animal Crossing are the other ones I really like.

Imo, The Legend of Zelda series is the best.

The Pokemon series is fun, but it's too repetitive.

Mario is pretty fun too.

I have alot of favorites. I never really liked Metroid and I never played F-Zero. If I had to pick an absolute favorite, it would have to be Pokemon.

Super Smash Brothers just for the memories and for the people I fight with here all the time.

DKC and DK64 are pretty awesome. DKC2 is the pinnacle of 2D platforming

Pokemon is pretty awesome too, it's just lost a lot of its flare with me recently.

Mario's pretty decent, although Banjo Kazooie has a place over him in my heart.

Don't call me a witch and burn me at the stake, but I've never liked zelda much. The fact I couldn't jump bugged me at times.

Needs a Pikmin option. There have only been 2, but Pikmin 2 was insanely fun.

I voted Mario, it is too classic to go against. Zelda is great and all but Mario has so much variety to the series it's hard to not like at least one of the chains that Mario brings to the table.

The fact that Mother(Earthbound) is not on the list is pretty weak. Someone should say something. I mean besides me.

I really have never considered MK or Smash as a franchise on their own but rather collaborations of franchises but i guess they are. That being said you missed Kirby, Fire emblem, Earthbound, Animal crossing, mario party, wario, pikmin, custom robo, game & watch, advance wars, and kid Icarus.

Each franchise has had it's good and bad games. I have a hard time picking just one.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Game & Watch really isn't much of a franchise.

F-Zero is a bit specialized, and I was never much of a racing fan, but I did really enjoy it.

I voted for:

-Zelda
-Mario
-Pokemon
-Metroid
-Mother*
-Kirby*

These are my favorite Nintendo franchises, sure i do like Star fox, Smash bros and probably F-zero. But none of these are as important to me as the previous. Besides some of these (Star Fox, DK) had only one legendary game (DK Country 1-2, SF 64) but most of them are average.

I would like to say Mother, but with only three games in the franchise and two of these being only for Japan well it's disappointing.

I want to try Animal crossing and Fire Emblem but i'm not sure if i will like it.

I love how Pokemon isn't even number one. I guess that's because people who post on stark mountain only post on stark mountain.

As much as I love the series, it seems that half of the time I spend playing the games is just to achieve some end result that isn't even very satisfying once attained. With Zelda, you have an awesome overworld, intuitive dungeon layouts, non-linear game play combined with a great story where you're never focused on the same thing for too long. Plus Link is pretty much the greatest character ever conceived.

Metroid Prime shares elements with Zelda that make it such a great franchise, including memorable music from a decade of quality games, but magic whistles and swords are infinitively cooler than cyborg lasers. Modern Mario games have clever level design, though their depth in comparison to other franchises is non-existant.

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Sorry, but can you elaborate a bit on Zelda's "non-linear game play"? What's nonlinear about it?

Why no Fire Emblem option, Olie... You see, if that had been an option, it would have been #1. I guarantee it!... 100% guarantee.

Anyways Fire Emblem is easily my favourite series. It's hard to quantify/qualify just why I love it so much, because there's something special about the series that I can't easily put into words. Amazing characters are a big part of that, though!

F Zero is there, but Fire Emblem is not? Thats...interesting. Fire Emblem is my favorite by far, for pretty much everything Yoshi King stated. Interesting gameplay and good character development are something of a staple in the series that I really admire. Theres also the random factor that not every game will turn out like the last one.

Edit: Voted Mario, because I could never get into the LoZ franchise.

Sorry, but can you elaborate a bit on Zelda's "non-linear game play"? What's nonlinear about it?
I suppose the typical 'here is your mission now go do it' type of game play is almost cumpulsory for any Zelda game, so it's 'linear' in that sense. However, compared to franchises like StarFox or Metroid, there's a lot more freedom in terms of what you're allowed to do while you're on any given 'mission'. There are plenty of sidequests, occassionally alternate ways of going about tasks, and in my opinion, every 'level' brings something new to the table. It's not just the same old rehashed formula presented in the sequential 'task A, task B, task C' sort of manner that other games are plagued with.

ugh I didn't realize fire emblem was so popular here!
But yeah, the results seem like what would be expected, Zelda,Pokemon and Smash taking the top slots.

I voted for Zelda, its by far my favorite Nintendo franchise, I have beaten every single one at least twice barring the cd-i games. So many good memories. I would have also voted for FE, but too bad it wasn't there. Didn't see that this was a multi-choice poll, but I would have also voted for smash.

Any Legend of Zelda game is absolutely epic, except for those terrible CD-i ones where everyone spoke. I never fail to be amazed by Zelda games.

Smash Bros. also. First one introduced me to fighting games, Melee is one of the greatest fighting games of all time with a still huge competitive following, and Brawl is just damn fun.

Smash Bros is what brang all the best nintendo characters together. Well I was like 7 when I got the game I was able to learn of the Kirby Series, Legend Of Zelda, Star Fox, Metriod, and F-Zero. Without Smash Bros I wouldn't be into all those games now. It really gave you a feel on a game before you were to get it. Ex. Star Fox, when you played on Corneria you could easily interpret it as a game that involves space. IMO Smash Bros is basically advertising to people games while giving to player enjoyment.

Pokemon will always a favorite. I remember when I was 6 I would watch my cousin play the game and I would be fasinated on how these little animals could spit fire and hit other animals with electricity. About a month later I got pokemon red and fell in love with it. Then they made an anime to it and instantly I knew that I would never stop loving the series.

Indeed, Pokemon is my top. I am, however, also a huge fan of the Metroid franchise, and of course Brawl.
Fire Emblem reeks of awesome, which is why I put a vote into Other, but the Kirby franchise is another reason. The games are few and far between, but I've never been disappointed by a Kirby game (I still play Kirby's Air Ride from time to time).
And then of course, Zelda, but that one needs little explanation.

Surgo

goes to eleven
DR809 said:
IMO Smash Bros is basically advertising to people games while giving to player enjoyment.
Absolutely. Before I played Smash, I had no idea who Kirby, Samus, Link, Ness, and Captain Falcon were. About the only games from Nintendo I knew were Mario and Pokemon.

I credit Melee with bringing Fire Emblem to the English-speaking world.

Yeah, we really do have to give credit to the developers of Melee for leaving Marth and Roy in the release in other countries, otherwise we wouldn't have known of such an awesome series. Also did not know this was a multi-choice poll, otherwise I would have picked other or the Kirby series.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)