Favourite CAP

Who is your favourite CAP?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Revenankh, by far. Only one I voted for. If it were a real Pokémon, it'd be my second favorite Fighting-type and my third favorite Ghost-type. And, unlike the other CAPs with their 570s and 555s, it has a more modest BST(for CAPs) of 525, which is all it needs. Its typing makes perfect sense and it performs well in battle. The only thing I don't get about it is why it doesn't have the ability Mummy at all.

Anyway, it's just so cool. I wish it were a real Pokémon. It's the only CAP that I'm sad isn't a real Pokémon. The others just make less competitive sense. *cough* tiny electric lobsters with huge HP stats and literally psychic abilities *cough*

Stratos

Banned deucer.
The only thing I don't get about it is why it doesn't have the ability Mummy at all.
It was a gen IV cap, so mummy quite literally did not exist for another four years after it was made. We don't alter our CAPs once they are complete.

Anyway, it's just so cool. I wish it were a real Pokémon. It's the only CAP that I'm sad isn't a real Pokémon. The others just make less competitive sense. *cough* tiny electric lobsters with huge HP stats and literally psychic abilities *cough*
It learned Psychic from watching starmie do it in the ocean! (Oops, apparently Kril doesn't get psychic at all, which puts it in the exclusive club of coverage moves krill doesn't get, alongside Megahorn and not much else)

And what you're looking for isn't competitive sense, it's flavor sense. All our CAPs are made with competitive sense at the forefront (though it doesn't always work out *cough* tiny electric lobsters with huge HP stats and literally psychic abilities *cough*)

As a last note, have you ever eaten shrimp?

That's the problem with CAPs. Being completely unaltered after completion doesn't make much sense. I mean, even real Pokémon are constantly changed from generation to generation. Gen V, for example, gave nearly every Pokémon a new ability. And, the fact that CAPs aren't even real Pokémon gives their creators much more freedom in large decisions to change or improve it. But, I do understand that constant alteration of the CAPs would make them much more fluid and seem even less like real Pokémon.

CAP 6 and Gen VI are coming up. Personally, I think it would be a great opportunity to update them all with Gen V-VI moves and abilities(if not balance their somewhat absurd stats). Pokémon Showdown and all other Pokémon would also be updated to accommodate the Generation shift, right?

And yes, I have eaten shrimp.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm going to go ahead and close this poll. It has been very interesting to see what people's opinions really are, but it has been over 7 months since this was started, and I think it has served its purpose. With the completion of CAP5 nearly 2 months ago, the poll is now outdated, and starting from even earlier, the majority of posts have simply been necro-bumps stating no more than what was voted for. Thanks to those that voted, and I hope you all stick around and help make new favorites in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)