February Stats are up!

Does anybody know that kind of Moltres are people using as a lead? Is the one posted in a previous thread?
Scarf-Lead Moltres.
Modest @ 252 Sp. Atk, 216 Speed, 40 Defense
--------
U-Turn
Will o Wisp
Overheat
Air Slash

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Seriously though, Shaymin can 2HKO anything that doesn't have a resistance to Seed Flare with Choice Specs, besides Blissey, who still fears the harsh special defense drop.

The only things that resist its Grass/Psychic/Fire combo is Heatran and Houndoom in OU. Coming off of 492 special attack, any non-wall pokemon is getting OHKOed, and most walls are getting 2HKOed.

The only one who can survive a weakness to Seed Flare is Tyranitar, and even he has a chance of getting OHKOed still.

Even friggin Garchomp, who isn't even OHKOed by 4x weaknesses most of the time can be OHKOed by a simple Specs STAB Seed Flare.

Shaymin does the offensive role much better than Celebi, since its Seed Flare does more damage on average than Leaf Storm, and doesn't drop special attack after one use.

All in all, Shaymin does the Specs job much better than Celebi could ever dream of.

One thing for sure is that a Zapdos Lead can really screw anyone over.

You have to worry about Thunder Wave, Hidden Power, and whether its defensive or offensive.

Milotic can really stall well. Pokemon with few weakness (Less than 3) can really come in handy as starters.

Aerodactyl can also be well, with Rock Slide and Earthquake, and having a fair type class

jrrrrrrr

wubwubwub
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Weighted Usage
123. Pikachu (1668404 points)
124. Slaking (1582840 points)

This made me chuckle a little.

Biggest Losers:

(-11),
(-11),
(-17),
(-11),
(-9) ,
(-9) and
(-6)
I just wanna say that I am GLAD that 2/3 of them are walls. I think Aero needs more love. Starraptor is something I've only seen Gin use well and it is hideous to battle against. Why don't people love it more!?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I don't think that's the case, even ignoring stats...it wouldn't take people months of shoddying to figure that out.

Gengar actually beating Blissey is very fascinating. Garchomp is completely stomping it too. Charizard in top60 is pretty wow, I think it's mostly related to Wobbuffet though (which is also why Lucario is so high).
No, Lucario was #6 for the month of January as well. Lucario is so high because it is just THAT dangerous / versatile.

IggyBot

!battle
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
True Aldaron, but you can't say that Wobbuffet didn't help it at all =)

I'm not really surprised at Blissey falling off her pedestal (though 3rd is still high enough) It seems that the current metagame is shifting away from her, and to pokemon like CB Snorlax and ResTalk Heatran that can take special hits, and deal a ton of damage back as well. Snorlax doesn't just wall Azelf / Starmie / Gengar, it OHKO's them as well.

The huge Mamoswine increase isn't surprising either, people are finally realizing the potential that it has. STAB on Ice + Ground is certainly a dangerous combonation.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Um...yes I can...it went from #6 to #6 ._.

Even if I don't look at it statistically, Lucario really only became hugely popular about a week into January at the earliest, and spiked during the middle and end of the month.

This would lead me to believe that on average over the entire course of the month of February, Lucario usage was actually down when comparing it to weeks 2-4 of January. But that's all simply my guesswork.

As for this list, I have to say it is rather unimpressive. Nothing too significant happened; anyone who is halfway decent and has been following the Metagame since December could have predicted that Gengar was going to surpass Blissey this month, ESPECIALLY with the introduction of Wobbuffet.

Also, I have one question for all of you claiming the Metagame is "shifting towards the offensive side." How long, exactly, does this "shift" take?

I'm sorry, but stall was basically dead in early December...is the game still "shifting" towards an offensive one? I would think 2 months after the end of that cycle of stall that we wouldn't be at the "shifting" portion and we'd be directly at the "offensive" portion, but hey, what do I know?

I'm going to go ahead and state that we are obviously already at the offensive portion, and the next shift is going to lead towards a speedier metagame.

People are going to have to, eventually anyway, throw aside their ridiculous pretenses of "honor" and "principles" or whatever and start utilizing Deoxys-S properly, often, and successfully. I haven't been battling so much for the past month (still enough though) so much as observing battles, and I can state confidently that the amount of good players using Deoxys-S is at a minimum, and those that do (like goofball and Hipmonlee) are successful for a short while and then get bored of it and drop it.

I'm predicting (and hoping) that people start using Deoxys-S a hell of a lot more, and the counter to this is priority moves and +speed nature scarfed Pokemon becoming muchmore common.

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Weighted Usage
123. Pikachu (1668404 points)
124. Slaking (1582840 points)

This made me chuckle a little.
You and me, pal.

I expect Mamoswine to move up a few more places this month, not drastically. It has potential, but I don't think the people who understand this will make a huge difference in the statistics towards the end of the month.

Most popular leads
January - 70. Gardevoir (597 leads)
February - 60. Gardevoir (837 usages)

Wow, Gardy sure shot up in leads. 10 places. Weighted usage dropped from 71 to 73 though.

And Charizard went from 43 (1322 usages) to 39 (1760 usages) in leads. Heh, maybe people are finding out that Modest Scarfzard makes a good lead. Shame about the SR weakness though. Absolutely wrecks any chance of using it outside of being a lead. =/

Most popular leads

Wow, Gardy sure shot up in leads. 10 places. Weighted usage dropped from 71 to 73 though.
Yeah, I've been battling a lot in February. About 837 times or so...:P

Funny note. I started using my Scarf Gardevoir start late December. Here are the recent Gardy stats:

November - 162. Gardevoir (66 leads) (BEHIND RALTS)
December - 104. Gardevoir (292 leads)

Wee.

Yeah, I've been battling a lot in February. About 837 times or so...:P

Funny note. I started using my Scarf Gardevoir start late December. Here are the recent Gardy stats:

November - 162. Gardevoir (66 leads) (BEHIND RALTS)
December - 104. Gardevoir (292 leads)

Wee.
Lol, you and me both then. Actually, when I saw that Gardy's lead usage had went up so much I immediately thought of your thread. And wtf is up with the November stat? Behind Ralts? >_<

I guess the Focus Sash/Trick Room/Destiny Bond gimmick with Ralts was more popular than Gardevoir itself.

Uxie rose 13 ranks from 90 to 77! Nice. I've been using Uxie for the last few weeks and it's better than people make it out to be.

January Weighted: 90. Uxie (3192256 points)
February Weighted: 77. Uxie (3579892 points)

As Uxie was one of the few favorably natured/IVed legendaries I have in game, I use him quite a bit. Not many things dent it, and shuffling with Yawn/SR is great fun.

Heh umm, that Deoxys-S statement is kinda untrue in every way.

First off, it's incredibly hard to 6-0 anyone with Deoxys-S, unless the opposing team has absolutely no defense whatsoever. I'd feel pretty damn good if I did that.

Lots and lots of people defended Deoxys-S as OU, if you looked at that poll that said "should Deoxys-S be considered as OU". Over 50% of people in that poll said it should be OU.

Most of the people getting beaten by it aren't exactly all that good, espeically since it's not exactly that hard to predict against it if you can get the gist of its moveset. That, and it's completely murdered if it gets paralyzed. It's only good lategame, and even then, many other things can sweep lategame too.

I don't have a Bronzong, Jirachi or Metagross on my team, and I've never lost more than 1 pokemon against Deoxys-S, so I'm not exactly sure what you're saying there.

I'm not exactly sure how you can go about defending Garchomp in OU, but then think that Deoxys-S uber. If Garchomp stays in OU, then Deoxys-S stays in OU, no matter what.
I never said I knew what I was talking about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)