ORAS LC Feels Good (Peaked #30 in Ladder)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Fotor20160102.jpg

Introduction:
Hello friends, it's me BrandonBeast, here with a new RMT for y'all! This team I'm showing off has gotten me many wins in the Little Cup ladder and roomtours and even peaked high at one point, although now I've dipped down a bit. Little Cup is one of my favorite tiers as it's pretty easy to learn and play and with mons like Snivy and Mienfoo, it's fun to play too! This will not be one of my War RMTs (My last one was I Remember You, which has gotten more than 1,400 views, thanks guys!) , and there probably won't be one until February this year because I can't think of a story, XD! So, I hope you like this, and enjoy!

55323[/ATTACH]

Teambuilding Process:

255 (1).png
I started off with Life Orb Torchic, one of my favorite sets in LC as it's a great wallbreaker or late-game cleaner with powerful moves and Speed Boost, and can also Baton Pass Speed Boosts to a teammate if it's in a bad situation.
255 (1).png
120 (1).png
495 (1).png
I added Staryu and Snivy to complete the Fire/Water/Grass core, as Staryu provides Hazard Removal with Rapid Spin and checks Fire types, and Snivy checks Water types and can wallbreak or sweep with Contrary Leaf Storm.
255 (1).png
120 (1).png
495 (1).png
081 (1).png
Magnemite was added to check Fletchling, provide speed with Choice Scarf, and also check Fairy types.
255 (1).png
120 (1).png
495 (1).png
081 (1).png
619.png
Mienfoo was added as a Pawniard check and also to provide U-Turn momentum, check a lot more stuff like Rock and Steel types, and be a good pivot that synergizes well with Magnemite.
255 (1).png
120 (1).png
495 (1).png
081 (1).png
619.png
209 (1).png
Snubbull was added to check Fighting types mainly, and to spread status, Thief items, and to hit hard in general.

The Squad:

255 (1).png
255 (1).png

Peep Peep (Torchic) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Level: 5
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Description: This is the crux of the team, and probably one of my all-time favorite mons to use in LC, Torchic. Torchic is one of the most underrated mons in my opinion, as it can do a role of passing Speed and Attack boosts, or in this team, using Life Orb to become a fearsome wallbreaker or late-game sweeper. Life Orb Fire Blast is a scary move, as it can 2HKO walls such as Spritzee and even deal solid damage to resists, like Ponyta and Chinchou. HP Grass is used to hit Water, Rock, and Ground types, Protect is for getting Speed Boost safely, and Baton Pass is used over Rock Slide so I can provide a bit of utility in passing Speed Boosts to a teammate in case Torchic is in a bad situation. Overall, Torchic is a great mon in Little Cup and should be used more!

120 (1).png
120 (1).png

NO ITS PATRICK (Staryu) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Description: Staryu is a great partner for Torchic, as it provides vital Rapid Spin support so Torchic isn't worn down as easily. I chose the offensive Eviolite variant as the bulky variant doesn't have much of an offensive presence. Eviolite gives Staryu good bulk, even with an offensive spread, so it acts as my primary Fire check, as it can take a Will-O thanks to Natural Cure and takes Flare Blitzes pretty easily. I like Hydro Pump over Scald as it's really powerful and Scald burns never work for me! Overall, Staryu is a great offensive pivot and Spinner for my team!

495 (1).png
495 (1).png

Vine Whip Me (Snivy) @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Description: Snivy completes the FWG core, adding a Grass type to check Water, Ground, and Rock types. Contrary Leaf Storm makes Snivy a powerful wallbreaker or even a sweeper, although most teams have counters to it. It also can heal itself with Synthesis and also cripple switchins with Glare. HP Flying is chosen as the Hidden Power so I can hit Grass types while still maintaining 17 speed.

081 (1).png
081 (1).png

DONT LEAVE ME (Magnemite) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Description: Magnemite fills an important role in the team as a fast Choice Scarfer that hits really hard, especially if the opponent switches so Analytic activates, can also use Volt Switch for momentum, and check Flying and Fairy types. It's basically my best answer to Fletchling, so it's really important that I can keep it alive until Fletch is crippled, weakened, or dead. Hidden Power Grass is used over HP Ground as you don't have to predict as much as you have to with HP Ground.

619.png
619.png

Poo (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics / Taunt

Description: Mienfoo is one of my favorite mons to use in LC, as it can fill a lot of roles with a lot of sets. In this team, he uses his standard bulky pivot set, checking Pawniard, Rock, and Steel types. U-Turn provides momentum for the team and can form a cool VoltTurn core with Magnemite. Knock Off is awesome to Knock Off items like Eviolite so my hard hitters hit even harder. I've always liked Acrobatics in the last slot, as it lures a lot of stuff, like Croagunk and Foongus, and hits them hard, and I find it more useful than the common Fake Out, which gets chip damage, but doesn't really fufill too much purpose other than breaking SashBra or breaking Sturdy.

209 (1).png
209 (1).png

Poochie (Snubbull) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thief
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Description: Snubbull fills an important role in the team as our primary Fighting check, and he can also check other types like Dragon and Dark and can even check a lot of physical attackers with Intimidate. I use him over Spritzee as this is a more offensive team and Spritzee could kill momentum. Snubbull can also Thief items once he's eaten his Berry Juice and spread status with Thunder Wave. He also hits pretty hard and has good coverage, so he isn't a passive wall.

And that is the team! Now it's time for threatlists, importables, and all that good stuff!

Broken Mon Fletchling: Fletchling poses a big threat to the team as it's powerful Acrobatics hits two members of the team super effectively, and Torchic is frail enough to die to it at high health. The only answers is status, Magnemite and Snubbull, and it getting worn down by repeated switchins.

Ground types: Drilbur and other Ground types can pose a threat, but mostly Drilbur with it's hard-hitting Earthquake and coverage. Diglett can trap something, but nothing on my team really can get trapped that well, as Torchic outspeeds with Speed Boost and gets out with Baton Pass.

Another broken mon Abra: Abra is a pretty big threat as my team has like no resists to Psychic other than Magnemite, and SashBra can take a hit and hit hard back.

Sun Teams: Not that big of a threat as they aren't too common, but Bellsprout (Aka the 69 mon) can hit pretty hard and outspeeds Magnemite under Sun.

Here is the importable!

Torchic @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 36 Def / 200 SpA / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Staryu @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 36 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Recover

Snivy @ Eviolite
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Synthesis
- Glare
- Hidden Power [Flying]

Magnemite @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 240 SpA / 236 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics / Taunt

Snubbull @ Berry Juice
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 36 HP / 36 Atk / 196 Def / 116 SpD / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Thief
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Overall, this team is a really cool offensive team that has gotten me many wins on both the ladder and even in tourneys, and while it has flaws, it's still really effective and I hope you like it!

Here's some shoutouts before signing off:

UU Room:
Rattled Snakes : I forgot to shoutout him in my last RMT, so here is your shoutout Rattled, a great friend who's always ready to battle and help out! Also a pretty good Gen 4 UU battler, congrats on voice buddy!
LittleRunnerXC : Nicest guy on PS, also a great friend and I will remember him as the "Guy who Searches Fanfics on Pastebin" >:D
Nightingales : A great friend, loves underrated mons like Delphox and Scyther
Do A Bibarel : Great guy, also uses Psych Up Hydreigon O_O
YABO : Great guy, friendly
Sacri' : gratz
NV : Great friend, hosts a lot of threads, gl with IRL stuff buddy!

RU Room:
DKFirelord : Cool guy, really nice and friendly
Esidisi : The guy who killed me in Conquest, still a cool friend
MainEvent : The guy who hosts the Conquest tournament, friendly, nice
Diogo : Cool guy, posts good posts, did not know he was lighthouses until like 2 weeks ago
MrAldo : Great friend

NeverUsed Room:
shadestep : One of my best friends, congrats on voice
Sir Kay : a great friend of mine
Based Loser : The Based Loser of us all

Little Cup Room:
Mambo : Cuz flames
H&MBerkeley : A great friend who showed me the ropes of LC when I first started
Kingler12345 : A great friend
Shrug : Grats on being the first winner of Lost Cave

Those are all the shoutouts for now, tried to do less than my last RMT!

See you next time, and keep dancing!
meatwad_dancing.gif

Happy New Year friends! :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hello BrandonBeast,
Your team is already very solid, and evidently you've had some success with it, so I will try not to suggest anything major. If you do decide to give these a go, they shouldn't change the team's overall playstyle too much.
The on-site analysis is somewhat dated in that running max Atk on Snubbull at the cost of Def is generally not a good idea with the popularity of Diglett; Mienfoo's U-turn provides enough chip damage for LO Diglett to have a good chance to trap and KO Snubbull. This is problematic when considering how Snubbull is your only Fighting-type switch-in, other than your own Mienfoo. Switching the Defense and Attack EVs (keeping the current nature) would solve this issue, and still allow Snubbull to have a good deal of offensive presence.
For the most part, your team handles common threats quite well, the exception being Scarf Magnemite, which threatens your team immensely while simultaneously gaining momentum every time it comes in on voltturn or a revenge-kill. Snivy dislikes being worn down and forced out repeatedly, and switching into Analytic Flash Cannon will more likely than not put it into Analytic Volt Switch range the next time. You mentioned that HP Grass eases prediction more, but I feel that you should still seriously consider running HP Ground for this reason. You could alternatively use HP Fighting Magnet Pull Magnemite to get rid of Pawniard, while also dealing heavy damage to opposing Magnemite; with Pawniard gone, you would be able to use slowfoo (a spread of 156 HP/116 Def/196 SpD with an Impish nature) to good effect, which not only helps against Magnemite, but can live Sashbra's Psychic to pop its sash with U-turn, in addition to better checking Sun. However, Magnemite will sorely miss Analytic in most other match-ups. Be sure to change Magnemite's Speed EVs to 240 if you try out this change.
That's all I have for now. Great work, and good luck!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Hello BrandonBeast,
Your team is already very solid, and evidently you've had some success with it, so I will try not to suggest anything major. If you do decide to give these a go, they shouldn't change the team's overall playstyle too much.
The on-site analysis is somewhat dated in that running max Atk on Snubbull at the cost of Def is generally not a good idea with the popularity of Diglett; Mienfoo's U-turn provides enough chip damage for LO Diglett to have a good chance to trap and KO Snubbull. This is problematic when considering how Snubbull is your only Fighting-type switch-in, other than your own Mienfoo. Switching the Defense and Attack EVs (keeping the current nature) would solve this issue, and still allow Snubbull to have a good deal of offensive presence.
For the most part, your team handles common threats quite well, the exception being Scarf Magnemite, which threatens your team immensely while simultaneously gaining momentum every time it comes in on voltturn or a revenge-kill. Snivy dislikes being worn down and forced out repeatedly, and switching into Analytic Flash Cannon will more likely than not put it into Analytic Volt Switch range the next time. You mentioned that HP Grass eases prediction more, but I feel that you should still seriously consider running HP Ground for this reason. You could alternatively use HP Fighting Magnet Pull Magnemite to get rid of Pawniard, while also dealing heavy damage to opposing Magnemite; with Pawniard gone, you would be able to use slowfoo (a spread of 156 HP/116 Def/196 SpD with an Impish nature) to good effect, which not only helps against Magnemite, but can live Sashbra's Psychic to pop its sash with U-turn, in addition to better checking Sun. However, Magnemite will sorely miss Analytic in most other match-ups. Be sure to change Magnemite's Speed EVs to 240 if you try out this change.
That's all I have for now. Great work, and good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions Corporal Levi! I'll be sure to try them out!

Hi BrandonBeast, your team is pretty nice and it does a good job of pressuring opponents, even though the lack of Stealth Rock hurts it. As an offensive team you seem to be built more to deal with balance teams and thus have a really rough matchup against offense, I have a few suggestions on fixing that though.

-Agreeing with Levi on the Snubbull spread changes, max Atk really doesn't help it get many more 2HKOes and it cuts into its bulk. Levis also right about running HP Ground on Mag cause you really dont have checks to opposing Magnemite.

-Although you have HP Grass on Torchic an Twave on Snubbull to deter Omanyte from setting up, all of your team dies to a boosted Omanyte once Staryu is worn down or Knocked Off, and Omanyte can actually set up on Mienfoo's Drain Punch. Running Sturdy Juice Mag would help with this matchup but your team really appreciates having Scarf Mag to capitalize on switches and gain momentum, so that's not really an option and HJK Foo would still fail to OHKO Omanyte because your team doesn't have Stealth Rock. To fix the Omanyte weakness, you should run Taunt>Acrobatics on Mienfoo so it can't set up. With a Gunk lure in Snivy and a faster Snubbull Acro really isn't needed and Foongus hates Taunt anyway.

- Your Abra match-up is really really bad so you can consider using Sturdy Mag, even with Scarf, to ensure you live an HP Fighting and 2hko it with Flash Cannon. This is reliant hazards being gone, however, so it's not too dependable and it gives up your ability to punish switches as well but it's the only way to slightly alleviate your Abra weakness while not running a different mon or becoming weak to something else by majorly altering another set. This is the part where i mention Stunky because it removes Abra and Gastly, major annoyances to this team that basically get a free kill whenever they come in, in addition to adding priority and a secondary Pawn check. (in this case Stunky should use Defog and replace Staryu) However, Stunky really makes your team Archen weak and removes the only thing that isnt OHKOed by +2 Omanyte so it's not the greatest option, up to you what you want to do.

That's all for your team, hope you try out these changes and let me know what ends up working best!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Alright I implemented HP Ground over HP Grass on Magnemite and the spread change on Snubbs. Also implement a slash of Taunt over Acro, I actually really like it sometimes as it just feels euphoric to have a crippled Foongus on the opponent's side of the field. Thank you guys!

Life Orb Fire Blast is a scary move, as it can OHKO walls such as Spritzee
uhhh I know you like torchic but come on (unless you mean cotonee?)

Also the lack of priority on this team leaves you open to many setup sweepers, possibly change Snivy to Foongus and Snubbull to maybe a Pawniard/Fletch/Stunky.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
uhhh I know you like torchic but come on (unless you mean cotonee?)

Also the lack of priority on this team leaves you open to many setup sweepers, possibly change Snivy to Foongus and Snubbull to maybe a Pawniard/Fletch/Stunky.
The problem with Snivy changing to Foongus is that Foon is piss weak, and this is a more offensive team.

Oh yeah and I meant 2HKO on spritz.

200+ SpA Life Orb Torchic Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 76 SpD Eviolite Spritzee: 13-17 (48.1 - 62.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 2HKO

I will change that.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Well maybe a pivot like Cotonee instead if you're worried about losing momentum.
Cottonee worsens my matchup against Gunk, who Snivy can actually kill if it's weakened a bit with Leaf Storm on the switch followed up by HP Flying. I'll think about it, though.

EDIT: ALMOST AT 1,000 VIEWS
EDIT 2: 1,000 views woo!!!!!! Thanks guys!!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)