ORAS OU Feraligatr Balanced Team

FERALIGATR BALANCED TEAM

I really wanted to try this 'mon for a long time. It seemed really good to have a Sheer Force-Life Orb combo with Dragon Dance.

Jaws (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

Feraligatr is really amazing. It stats are nice but not that good on first impression. It has a standart bulk and base 105 attack and 78 speed. However, it's ability, Sheer Force can be deadly if the Feraligatr is given a Life Orb to hold. It's speed isn't really good but can be boosted easily with Dragon Dance.

Dragon Dance: Boost it`s attack and speed, allowing him to sweep an entire team

Waterfall: Thanks to it's 10% chance of flinching, it is being boosted by Sheer Force. This is Feraligatr's deadliest attack (STAB + SheerForce LifeOrb)

Ice Punch: This attack is boosted by Sheer Force as well, allowing Feraligatr to hit those pesky birds.

Crunch: Nobody likes you, Slowbro!

SoundCloud (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

Altaria is Feraligatr's best team-mate. It takes care of Feraligatr's weaknesses quite easily, then, hitting hard with it's Pixilate STAB boosted base 102 power Return and Earthquake if Return doesn't work very good.

Dragon Dance: Set up sweeping an entire team

Return: Nobody runs an offensive Altaria without Return

Earthquake: No heatran pls

Roost: HP is an important thing

(It's a trap!) Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Both Feraligatr and Altaria struggle dealing with Ferrothorn and Forretress and Altaria struggles to deal with Scizor.

Magnezone was the obvious choice here since it traps those pesky steel types (no offense to you, magnezone).

It also helps getting rid of a scarfed Heatran once it is locked into Flash Cannon or smth.

Choice Scarf allows it to outspeed lots of `mons in the metagame.

Volt Switch: Momentum

Hidden Power [Fire]: The best way to deal those pesky steel types

Flash Cannon: When you know your opponent's gonna switch to a ground type, or just to hurt fairy types

Thunderbolt: It's most hard hitting move

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Clefable is here to WALL. It gets rid of set-up sweepers just like Mega Gyarados and Serperior thanks to it's Unaware ability, has the WishTect strategy, heals annoying statuses and hits hard with Moonblast.

Clefable is really important to me because it can stall PP too.

It's EV spread make sure it can handle both physical and special sweepers.

Moonblast: A solid 90 base power STAB move

Wish: Allows it to heal it's allys

Protect: Sometimes you wanna heal yourself too :D. Also used to stall enemy's PP

Heal Bell: Cures itself it's team-mates from status problems

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Skarmory is a beast. It has access to so much support moves and very nice bulk so it makes it very popular in the metagame.

Here, I use my Skarmory to be the team's supporter with Clefable. It sets up spikes then whirlwinds the opponent in order to deal very high damage, combined with Chansey's stealth rocks. Roost is to restore HP obviously and defog is to get rid of the opponent's hazards.

Roost: Restore HP

Defog: Remove hazards

Spikes: Set up and deal massive damage with whirlwind

Whirlwind: Deal opponents high damage and counter set-uppers.

Tanksey (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Chansey is the #1 tank in the metagame. Beastly 250 base HP and 105 base SpD. making it absolutely hard to touch. It has pitiful 5 base Def. but it's HP make it up to it.

I chose Toxic over T-Wave because Chansey is made to stall opponents to death and cripple set-up sweepers.

Toxic: As stated above

Seismic Toss: Chansey has sh*t attacking stats, therefore Seismic Toss is the best move to deal damage. It also prevents other 'mons from set-upping defense boosts on it.

Soft-Boiled: Restoring 50% HP in one turn is amazing lol

Stealth Rocks: The most popular hazard in the metagame

Importable:
Jaws (Feraligatr) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Crunch

SoundCloud (Altaria-Mega) @ Altarianite
Ability: Cloud Nine
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Return
- Earthquake
- Roost

It's a trap! (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Spikes
- Whirlwind

Tanksey (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Soft-Boiled
- Seismic Toss
- Stealth Rock

Thanks for reading by far!​

HI nice solid team here! I think that you could have some problems against mega gardevoir and mega Diancie, for this reason i suggest you tu run the special defense set on skarmory, also spikes and defog doesnt work very well together so i think you should drop one of them to put Iron Head which ohko diancie and 2hko gardevoir. Now that skarmory cant tank physical hit very vell i'd change chansey in a bulky Garchomp, Chansey is very passive in this meta giving free setup to many pokemon like bisharp or scizor that can sweep you very easily. On the other side Garchomp, thanks to the recoil of rough skin + rocky helmet can wear down most of physical attackers and also can help you against SD Talonflame which is more than a threat to your team. Evs speed are to outspeed 71+ base speed, Toxic to cripple Rotom Wash that walls Feraligatr and can wisp MAltaria.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Toxic

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi.

To start off I'll agree that Specially Defensive Skarmory helps you check fairy types a lot better. Iron Head over Spikes or Defog as you really need to have an attacking move.

Next I guess I would go into my main problem with this build. The first 3 pokemon are very offensive and the others are very stallish. This clash in styles prevents some level of team synergy since the two halves of your team function so differently it can be hard for them to cooperate for the sake of achieving the same goal. My following suggestions will be for the bulky half of the team to match the offensive half a bit better.

To start, I'd swap out chansey. It is just so passive and makes the team more of a responsive team than an active one. Here I would suggest a Mixed Hippowdon. Hippo still gives you Stealth Rocks, it checks Talonflame which you are missing a check to and helps a lot with Bisharp as well. Furthermore, electric types cannot Volt Switch all over you and Sandstorm applies residual damage to the opponent while not effecting the other members of your Defensive core.

Next up I don't think Unaware Clef is doing great for you. Mega Gyarados is mostly handled by Altaria and Mold Breaker ignores Unaware. LO Serp 2HKOs Unaware Clef after SR as well, but you have other checks to it. I was going to suggest changing to a Calm Mind variant but I think the team is too weak to Venusaur. For this reason I suggest replacing Clef with a Calm Mind Reuniclus. This gives you a strong answer to Venusaur while still retaining a lot of the defensive and offensive presence that CM Clef provides. For the coverage move I think Focus Blast is usually a bit better but Shadow Ball helps with bulky Psychic types.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Iron Head
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Defog / Spikes

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Reuniclus @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)