Ferroseed

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

#597 - Tesshiido
-----------
Typing
-----------

Weaknesses/Resistances
Immunity:

x0.25:

x0.50:

x1.00:

x2.00:

x4.00:

Tesshiido's Grass/Steel typing give it a plethora of different useful resistances, while only giving it two weaknesses. Its typing allows it to switch into any number of Pokemon while also allowing it to take a fair number of hit before going down. While it has some fairly common weaknesses, the number of resistances it has, as well as immunity to Toxic and Toxic Spikes, become very useful.

--------
Stats
--------
Base Stat Total: 305
Base Stats: | 44 | 50 | 91 | 24 | 86 | 10 |
EVs for Little Cup:
- HP (44): 4/84/164/244
- Atk (50): 36/116/196
- Def (91): 28/108/188
- SpA (24): 4/84/164/244
- SpD (86): 68/148/228
- Spe (10): 36/116/196

While Tesshiido's HP is somewhat disappointing, its soaring defenses (and useful resistances) allows it to remain a bulky Pokemon. It also has a fair Attack stat, but that should not be the main focus when using Tesshiido.

-------------
Abilities
-------------
Iron Barbs: Deals 1/8 damage to the opponent when hit by a physical attack

Iron Barbs is a useful ability in Little Cup, allowing Tesshiido to deal with physical attackers better. They will be more threatened by the damage to their health and if they wish to attack will have to be willing to pay that price.

-----------------------
Moves Learned
-----------------------
Physical Moves
Bullet Seed (Egg Move)
Explosion (TM64)
Facade (TM42)
Frustration (TM21)
Gyro Ball (TM74)
Payback (TM66)
Poison Jab (TM84)
Return (TM27)
Rock Climb (Egg Move)
Rock Smash (TM94)
Seed Bomb (Egg Move)
Tackle (Level -)

Special Moves
Energy Ball (TM53)
Flash Cannon (TM91)
Hidden Power (TM10)
Sing A Round (TM48)
Solarbeam (TM22)
Thunderbolt (TM24)

Support Moves
Claw Sharpen (TM01)
Double Team (TM32)
Flash (TM70)
Gravity (Egg Move)
Harden (Level -)
Leech Seed (Egg Move)
Protect (TM17)
Rest (TM44)
Rock Polish (TM69)
Spikes (Egg Move)
Stealth Rock (Egg Move)
Substitute (TM90)
Sunny Day (TM11)
Swagger (TM87)
Thunder Wave (TM73)
Toxic (TM06)
Worry Seed (Egg Move)

While Tesshiido's Physical moveset is somewhat average and Special moveset is appalling, its Support moveset is completely outstanding. Having access to both Stealth Rock and Spikes, as well as common status moves such as Thunder Wave and Toxic. Tesshiido also has some other toys to play with (but will normally not be as prioritized) in moves such as Leech Seed and Gravity. It also carries some good physical moves such as Explosion and Seed Bomb to help it do damage.

-----------------
Sets Ideas
-----------------
name: Spiker
move 1: Spikes / Stealth Rock
move 2: Seed Bomb / Stealth Rock
move 3: Explosion
move 4: Leech Seed / Thunder Wave / Toxic
item: Berry Juice / Pre-evolution Stone
evs: 244 HP/28 Def/228 SpD
nature: Careful

It is not possible to have Stealth Rock, Spikes and Seed Bomb all on one set, so you have to choose what you want on it. With the Nature and EVs given Tesshiido's defenses are 24/16/19, and if you choose to use of the Pre-evolution Stone they are raised to a powerful 24/24/28. This, along with Tesshiido's awesome defensive typing, allows Tesshiido to take a fair number of hits before going down and hopefully giving it enough time to lay down entry hazards. Entry hazards along with Iron Barbs will continuously chip away the opposing Pokemon's help, which can also be increased by the use of Leech Seed or Toxic. Seed Bomb is used to allow it to deal some damage when under Taunt or after hazards have been set up. Explosion can be useful to deal damage when you are at low health, but has also gotten weakened in Gen 5. As you can see, the last slot has a good amount of variety. Leech Seed provide Tesshiido with some recovery while still damaging the opponent's Pokemon. Thunder Wave or Toxic can be useful to spread status around the opponent's team and cripple their Pokemon.

i think it will do reasonably well but still face some competition with standard LC wallz and leech seed is done better by Shroomish.

Though this thing has amazing bulk with its outstanding defenses and iron barbs, I still think tsutarja and treecko will be better subseeders in gen 5.
I guess you could go with an offensive rock polish set for the suprise factor, but 14 attack (15 if adamant, but its really slow and needs the speed from jolly) isn't wonderful and after a single RP it gets to 22 speed, meaning it'll still get outsped by a lot of scarf users. its also walled by other steel-types if it isn't carrying HP or using rocksmash (lol), and I don't see that happening with its trrible Sp.A stat.
So I guess the RP sets will be seen ehre and there, but its outclassed by so much suprise is all its got going for it.
I think it could make a pretty good anti-lead with iron barbs to take the fake out and ruin their sash/sturdy OHKO protection though :)

Brambane

protect the wetlands
is a Contributor Alumnus
This thing and Pururiru actually effect Little Cup in a pretty damn big way just through typing. Water / Normal is no longer unresisted. Aside from that new development, it looks like a decent support mon. I'm not sure if I would use it over Bronzor, but its a decent alternative.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
[17:12] <~WildEep> bad Ditto
[17:12] <&Ditto> WHAT!?
[17:12] <~WildEep> your set idea has an illegal combo
[17:12] <&little_gk> lol
[17:12] <&Ditto> does it?
[17:12] <~WildEep> can't have all three of spikes, sr, and seed bomb
[17:12] <&Ditto> :(
[17:12] <~WildEep> spikes/sr comes from hermitcrab
[17:12] <~WildEep> spikes/seed bomb from cacnea
[17:12] <~WildEep> sr/seed bomb from turtwig
[17:13] <&Ditto> Mine has a threesome

This thing is stupid bulky, so setting up shouldn't ever be too much of an issue for this guy. Iron Barbs only helps this, allowing him to possibly scare off a potential threat here and there. Unfortunately for him, Drought Vulpix and every other Fire-type in Little Cup will be drooling for a chance to come in on this.

v

protected by a silver spoon
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Oh man, this guy is going to be AWESOME against Rain teams and VERY cool for Sandstorm-based teams. 44/91/86 defenses are close to Bronzor's, but with the added benefit of Water-resist in exchange for losing the Ground immunity. Iron Barbs also does twice the damage that Carvanha's Rough Skin does, which is pretty cool. I'm thinking that Barbs also doesn't hurt for move like EQ or Stone Edge, which don't make contact, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a cool ability.

A Sandstorm-immune Spiker with good defenses that resists Water and isn't weak to EQ is exactly what Sandstorm teams wanted in Gen 4. Omanyte is a good spiker and all, but I think that this guy is going to be phenomenal. Especially with the buff that Wishing Lickitung got, thanks to Wish healing half of Licki's HP onto this guy. Explosion is just the icing on the cake. Of course, Fighting weak sucks, but nobody's perfect!

Agreed, this looks like a fantastic support pokemon. Typing backed by amazing defensive stats very much make this a force to be reckoned with.
However, if (and there probably will be) a rise in Vulpix usage with Drought becomes eminent... Specs Shadow Tag Hitomashi with that decent base 65 Special Attack does a number to anything with Overheat in the sun, let alone poor old Tesshiido.
Besides that and Fighting Priority from (Insert Offensive Pokemon Here), This looks amazing, especially so with the Prevo Stone.
Looking forward to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)