1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Fidgit Playtesting Team

Discussion in 'Create-A-Pokémon Project' started by locopoke, Aug 8, 2009.

1. locopoke

locopoke indulges in unsavory behavior
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

@glance
    hippowdon/fidgit/blissey/gyarados/rotom-h/spiritomb

~in depth~
    [​IMG]
    THE HIPPO (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Sand Stream
    EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Roar
    - Earthquake
    - Stealth Rock
    - Slack Off

This is your basic lead on a stall team. Pretty much every lead on every stall team has some sort of bulky Pokemon that can set up Stealth Rock and thats what Hippowdon does. I chose Hippowdon over Swampert (another commonly used lead in stall) because of the fact that Hippowdon has more Defense as well as higher HP and I feel that makes him superior. Also, sandstorm is good to have on a stall team because it helps wear down life orb sweepers a lot faster, mainly mixape who causes my team quite a bit of trouble.

[​IMG]
    HANDS (Fidgit) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Vital Spirit
    EVs: 252 HP/252 Spd/6 SDef
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Wish
    - Spikes
    - Encore
    - Rapid Spin

Fidgit is pretty cool. I originally had Skarmory instead of Spiritomb, and had Fidgit using Toxic Spikes instead of Spikes. I soon realized that Toxic Spikes were pretty useless in a Fidgit-filled metagame so I decided to replace Skarm with Spiritomb and use Spikes instead of Toxic Spikes. Fidgit is a very reliable spinner and Encore helps him spin away entry hazards as well as setting up his own. Great synergy between him and Gyarados since he can switch into rock and electric moves and encore them to get an opportunity to set up Spikes.

[​IMG]
    MAJINBUU (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 6 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Aromatherapy
    - Thunder Wave
    - Softboiled
    - Seismic Toss

Standard Blissey. I figured that this time I would try to go for a different approach with my bliss. Instead of using Toxic with Wish and Protect, I felt that since I have 3 restalkers it was nessecary for me to carry an aromatherapist. Since Blissey now has aromatherapy that means she can't use wish. I figured Thunder Wave would help with the obvious Scizor switch-ins.

[​IMG]
    PARUNGA (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 HP/248 Def/8 Spd
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Waterfall
    - Sleep Talk
    - Rest
    - Roar

Gyarados is my Lucario counter and he also helps me against Scizor and a lot of other stuff. The moveset is pretty simple. Before I used this set I doubted its abilities, but after using it for quite some time I've realized that it's pretty great.

The standard EV spread is usually 252 Def / 252 HP / 6 Atk but I figured it'd be best to run 8 speed so when I'm faced with another ResTalk Gyarados I can always be the first to Roar.

[​IMG]
    DARK (Spiritomb) (M) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    - Shadow Ball
    - Will-o-wisp

I originally had Skarmory here but then I decided to give Fidgit spikes and add in another ghost. Fidgit is an annoying fuck and if he catches one of Rotom's Thunderbolts then he can Encore me and keep Rapid Spinning so that if I decide to switch out my entry hazards get erased, but if I stay in I'll end up struggling. To avoid those kinds of situations I decided to add another ghost to my team. As you can see, Spiritomb specializes in special defense while Rotom is physically defensive. Starmie is pretty annoying at times so Spiritomb is always going to be the one to switch in and intercept her Rapid Spins. With 252hp/252sdef and a Calm nature, Spiritomb eats Surfs without a problem and KOs back with Shadow Ball. If nessecary, Spiritomb also has no problem stalling out burned Blisseys and other annoying 'mons.

[​IMG]
    EASYBAKE (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 HP/248 Def/8 Spd
    Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Shadow Ball
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

Rotom's the physically defensive ghost and is used for dealing with mons such as Gyarados and Scizor (if gyarados is out of commision). Simple set and spread. Just like with Gyarados, I run 8 speed so that Rotom outruns other restalkers.

thx4reading

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)