ORAS PU Fields Of Desolation

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Hello guys, I decided to RMT another one of my teams because not only has it been a while but I'm closely coming up on my 250th post not too impressive, I know, but I have come a damn far way in the time I made my first post. I have met many people, made friends, learned and improved by skills, but most of all I had fun. So, on with the team, it is no secret to those of you who know me that I really like Trapinch, not just competitively but in general as well, so I built around one of my favorite cores Trapinch + Jumpluff, this is not my first team around this core but I do feel it is my best so I'm pretty excited to show you the processes I went through to get the team to the where it is at now.

Teambuilding Process

Starting Pokemon, able to counter and/or trap many of the electric and steel type Pokemon in PU, Zebstrika, Pawniard, Raichu, Probopass, for example, all of which check Jumpluff to varying degrees.

Second starting Pokemon, able to weaken or clean slower teams, checks things like Leafeon and Monferno, arguably the best user of Sleep Powder in the tier, super cute.

Wanting to take the team in an offensive direction, I wanted to add Choice Scarf Mr.Mime as Trapinch also does a great job in weakening it's checks as well, and Healing Wish support is very much appreciated by both members of the core. This also gave me a check to Choice Scarf Rotom-F, Monferno, and other similar Pokemon, but I later decided on changing it to Choice specs as I lacked immediate power for the team, it also still checks Monferno and now Muk(more effectively than Choice Scarf), and best of all I can still utilize Healing Wish.

Swords Dance Monferno was feeling like a good next fit, as Pawniard was looking like a giant threat to the team, regardless of Trapinch. If it managed to get off a Sword Dance it is able to beat all three of the members so far. This also gives me a nice check to the likes of Cacturne and other dark types, and Regice as well as it too could beat all members of my team, especially after a Rock Polish boost. Another cool aspect of Monferno on this team is it's pairing with the core, Trapinch once again traps and weakens/beats its checks, like Stunfisk and Grumpig. Paired alongside another Sword Dance user in Jumpluff they do a very efficient job in weakening opposing teams down for one another, and it's only a plus that they both threaten bulky grasses as the are arguably the best physical walls in the tier, they also hit another lesser-seen wall in Relicanth super effectively and Monferno can severely weaken Vullaby if it is played well enough. one final note on why Monferno works well here is actually Choice Specs Mr.Mime. as a lot of the things wanting to come in on it hate facing Mr.Mime, for example, I bring in Monferno, their best switch-in is a Vibrava, I can use that chance to double into Mr.Mime and can click Dazzling Gleam pretty freely as they will be forced into Pokemon like Grumpig or Probopass and I have a Trapinch, so you can really see with that how this team is starting to operate.

Probopass makes for a nice pivot and also helps in checking a few problem Pokemon. It stops Muk from clicking Gunk Shot every time it comes in, which is nice it also hard walls it's Curse set. Gives me a check to a few random Pokemon like Ninetales and Chatot is also appreciated. With Magnet Pull it aids Trapinch in, well trapping, helping to eliminate and weaken steel types like Metang for Jumpluff. It gives me Stealth Rock which is something my team needed and Volt switch is real handy for getting in one of my offensive Pokemon to continue the pressure.

Originally I had Simipour here but was change due to Simisage checking Water-types better.

So the last Pokemon of the team, my final shot to patch up as many weaknesses as I can muster, as well wanting it to fit the feel of the team thus far. Well, I saw I needed a water resist to at least have the option to at least pivot around them. I needed a Choice Scarf user desperately as I was a bit too weak to opposing offensive teams for my liking and I needed my water check to out speed Floatzel, Simisage fit both those bills. It also pairs well with Trapinch and Probopass with them checking Steel and Flying-Types rather well, it also lures in Sap Sipper Zebstrika for Trapinch. Knock Off paired up with Gunk Shot helps with both Clefairy and bulky grasses like Tangela, which is also nice.

Closer Look at the Sets

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

• Item and Ability- Eviolite is needed to patch up the miserable 45/45/45 bulk that Trapinch has. Arena Trap is used to Trap certain grounded Pokemon notably Electric-Types like Zebstrika and Electrode.
  • EV Spread and Nature- the given EVs in HP and SpD are mandatory for giving the best atempt to eliminate the most foes as possible, I prefer a Careful nature to give Trapinch some odds in surviving Rotom-F's Blizzard.
  • Moves
  1. Earthquake- Strongest STAB move hitting decently hard off an uninvested base 100 attack, enough to OHKO Pokemon like Zebstrika and Raichu.
  2. Crunch- Great for Psychic-Types like Grumpig, also has good neutral coverage with Earthquake
  3. Quick Attack- Used for extra chip damage after Trapinch does its job, also helps ensure some OHKO like Ninetales, for example, doesn't always get OHKOed but Quick Attack will ensure it is eleminated.
  4. Superpower- Here you usually see Toxic, but I chose Superpower to ensure the OHKO on Pawniard, it also is nice for hitting Rotom-F as I can survive a Blizzard at full health and this does respectable damage to it in return.

Jumpluff
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

• Item and Ability- Jumpluff is Itemless to increase the power of its Acrobatics, it also helps out in taking a knock Off if I'm in a senerio where I need it to. I went Infiltrator as it can help with a few Pokemon that utilize Substitute like Rotom-F and Gourgiest-Small.
  • EVs and Nature- Max attack and speed to give Jumpluff as big of offensive presence as it can muster, Jolly being the chosen nature to outspeed as much as it can.
  • Moves
  1. Acrobatics- Strongest Flying STAB, hits frail non resists for nice damage.
  2. Seed Bomb- Great for hitting Rock-Types that resist its acrobatics.
  3. Swords Dance- Could have chosen U-turn to get momentum into Trapinch, but I really Jumpluff to aid in breaking and cleaning for this team. This also allows it to beat some variants of Boufflant on the switch.
  4. Sleep Powder- Great for both team support and self set-up, pairs really well with Arcobatics.

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish
  • Item and Ability- Choice Specs to have as strong of immediate wallbreaking powers as possible. Filter allows it to avoid some OHKO's actually helping it in staying in to see if the opponent wants to scout for the Trapinch switch-in.
  • EVs and Nature- Max investment in it's offensive stats o hit as hard and as fast as possible, timid to outspeed Substitute variants of Rotom-F.
  • Moves
  1. Psychic- I chose Psychic over Psyshock for the higher base power and I felt it hit more of what the needed.
  2. Dazzling Gleam- Good secondary STAB hitting Dark-Types super effectivly.
  3. Focus Blast- Hits the Steel-Types it's STABs miss out on, also great for Audino.
  4. Healing Wish- Already having perfect neutral coverage bar Shedinja, makes excellent team support for my team.

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

• Item and Ability- Eviolite helps in set-up as well in checking Pokemon like Regice and Rotom-F, Iorn Fist boosts it Mach Punch.
  • EVs and Nature- Max attack and an Adamant nature is used to hit as hard as Monferno possibly can. Max speed is useful for out speeding neutral max speed base 80's.
  • Moves
  1. Close Combat- Strongest physical fighting STAB
  2. Flare Blitz- Decent neutral coverage along side Close Combat, used over fire Punch to ensure the OHKO on Gourgeist-XL after a Swords Dance.
  3. Mach Punch- Strong Priority that helps Monferno clean late game it also helps check Sand Rush Stoutland.
  4. Swords Dance- Used to boost attack to good levels, helps in breaking and cleaning.

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

• Item and Ability- Air Balloon isn't as necessary as it once was but it still great for avoiding being trapped by opposing Trapinch off the bat, it also helps pivot to and from Golem.
  • EVs and Nature- max special attack and Modest are used to not just hit as hard as possible but also helps in trapping and removing Steel-Types. 84 speed is used to outpace uninvested base 50's and is the speed given on the analysis, I am not revealing my actually creep. The rest into HP to pivot on as much as it can.
  • Moves
  1. Flash Cannon- Hit's opposing Rock-types as well as having a chance to lower SpD which is actually really nice as it can force switches.
  2. Earth Power- Used to hit the Steel-Types it is trying to trap, also hits Electric-Types that resist Flash Cannon.
  3. Volt Switch- Gives me slow momentum into one of my offensive Pokemon, also gives nice coverage with it's other attacking moves.
  4. Stealth Rock- Being the only Pokemon on the team that can set Stealth Rock it was pretty mandatory. Taunt would be nice here, but Jumpluff really needs hazard support.

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

• Item and Ability- I chose Choice Scarf as I really needed a bit of extra speed and it is really important to out speed Floatzel here. Overgrow as I'm not using a berry.
  • EVs and Nature- Vanilla like most of the Pokemon, but super important as always.
  • Moves
  1. Seed Bomb- I could of used leaf Storm over Seed Bomb, but that would require me to run a minus defensive nature which I can not afford to do here, as I rely on Simisage as my best water check.
  2. Knock Off- Good coverage with the rest of its moves, but more importantly is really helpful in crippling Eviolite users.
  3. Superpower- Hits the Steel-types that resist it's Seed Bomb also very helpful against Regice and Rotom-F.
  4. Gunk Shot- Hits Grass-Types for good damage, also helps with Clefairy matchups.
Replay
I have a replay that really showcases this team perfectly, it utilizes most of the scenarios I have talked about in this RMT, and just generally just shows how I designed this team to work. We have something getting trapped by Trapinch, Mr.Mime mind games, Simisage checking a water-Type, but I don't wanna give away the whole battle, it is against fellow roomauth and friend pancake.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-448724942

Threatlist

Offensively I feel this team is pretty solid, but I guess that's where you guys come in, I feel I can break and clean versus most matchups quite effectively but i do have a few problem Pokemon.

- Choosing to go Simisage over Leafeon really can be quite troublesome when it comes to Golem, while I check it more than enough offensively with Sturdy intact it can be quite difficult to leave the 1v1 with out losing a member of my team, prematurely.
- Similar to Golem, I have more than enough super effective coverage to threaten Lapras, but the problem is it has the bulk to withstand any one hit from any of my Pokemon, bar Mr. Mimes's Focus Blast... after rocks "/, so basically when Choice Specs Lapras gets on the other side of the screen it's most likely getting a kill, unless I 50 50 the Hydro Pump or Ice Beam correctly.

Trapinch @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Quick Attack
- Superpower

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Mr. Mime @ Choice Specs
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Healing Wish

Monferno @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Flare Blitz
- Mach Punch
- Swords Dance

Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Simisage @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Overgrow
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Gunk Shot

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Hey, ShuckleDeath - thanks for the shoutout(s), and cool team you have here. I've always liked double Trap Cores with Jumpluff, removing Steel- and Electric-types alike in order to make Jumpluff as threatening as possible, as you can see here in this teambuilding shop post I made. I think I have some changes that would optimize the team for you, as right now I see a fairly large Floatzel weakness that is only accounted for by a Scarf Simisage (which, if you used Scarf Simipour over this like you were thinking about, it'd make it even harder to deal with effectively).

Starting off, I see your reasoning for using Crunch Trapinch. While you could argue that it hits things like Missy more effectively, Earthquake only does 3-4% less than Crunch to Grumpig - that's assuming no Colbur Berry on Grumpig, too:

8 Atk Trapinch Crunch vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Grumpig: 166-196 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 Atk Trapinch Crunch vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Grumpig: 83-98 (24.3 - 28.7%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO
vs
8 Atk Trapinch Earthquake vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Grumpig: 154-183 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO

In other words:

Crunch --> Toxic

Next, to account for that 5 mon-Floatzel weakness, I would suggest either Politoed or Lumineon. Lumineon Defogs rocks down for Jumpluff, making a sweep for it more feasible. If Politoed were used, you'd have an easier time with Clefairy thanks to Encore, so I believe that's up to you. This really only fits over Monferno given how integral Trapinch, Probopass, Jumpluff and that Scarfer slot are, so it'll change the team's synergy a bit. It's important to creep Cacturne with both of these.

-->
/
Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Encore

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spe
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

136 Spe on Politoed hits 210 Speed, which is +1 faster than Adamant/Rash Cacturne. You can maximize SpA instead of HP, but bulky Politoed can take on Floatzel more effectively.

Speed on Lumineon is for positive nature Cacturne, and Impish is for a more powerful U-Turn that has a 50% chance to OHKO Cacturne after SR damage:

0 Atk Lumineon U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cacturne: 224-268 (79.7 - 95.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

So, if you do decide to change out Monferno for Lumineon or Politoed, then you'd be Regice weak (Probopass / Trapinch / Lumineon / Jumpluff are all beaten by RP variants). That brings me to my next change:

-->

I understand how integral Mr. Mime can be here, given its ability to beat Vullaby for Jumpluff (Probopass pressures Vullaby, but you actually just need it gone for Jumpluff to do anything). At the same time, you need something to beat Regice, a Monferno check, and a breaker of some kind. So, I suggest you try out Specs Grumpig here. Using Specs will lure Vullaby into either Trick or Power Gem, which fully castrates it and takes it down just far enough so Jumpluff can beat it easily.

252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Power Gem vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 192-226 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

or, if you use Trick over Power Gem (which takes away Vullaby's Eviolite):

+2 252 Atk Jumpluff Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vullaby: 181-214 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

In either case, Vullaby is lured by Specs Grumpig, making Jumpluff lose another one of its counters. Some other calcs that are pretty nice for Jumpluff:

252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk: 390-458 (94.2 - 110.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Metang: 164-194 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Klang: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Power Gem / Trick
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

At this point, you have Trapinch / Probopass / Lumineon or Politoed / Specs Grumpig / Jumpluff. Now, you'd finish with a Scarfer. Simisage is fine here, especially considering you have two Fire and Ice checks (really 3 if you count Probopass) in Grumpig, Politoed or Lumineon, and Probopass.

However, if you wanted to keep momentum more easily, Leafeon would do this well. Another important thing to note would be that Leafeon's bulk lets you switch into Golem's Earthquakes a bit more easily. In addition to preserving your Knock Off user, it brings in Muk for the team too, and then Baton Passes out directly into Trapinch. A trapped CroMuk lets Jumpluff use Sleep Powder more effectively. Sawsbuck can do this too, but I thought you wouldn't want another Fighting weakness alongside Probopass, so as to prevent Monferno from doing so much damage here.

You could experiment with a third configuration still, with Marowak / Taunt Probopass / Lumineon / utility or SD Jumpluff / CB or SD Ninjask / Grumpig to improve your team's offensive capabilities (Trapinch can be dead weight in certain match-ups), while still maintaining that Volt Stop and Knock Off. You'd be able to do things like double (or BP) from Ninjask into Marowak on a predicted Stunfisk switch-in, for example.

Optional change:

-->

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

As a final thought, I think you can afford to run some more Speed on Probopass in order to guarantee you trap important things like Mawile for Jumpluff. I normally don't like to creep so much it cuts into its bulk, but a spread of 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe with Modest (152 Speed total) would outspeed 56 Spe Mawile (150 Speed total) and keep it from Baton Passing out before being hit by Earth Power:

-->
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Probopass @ Air Balloon
EVs: 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Anyway, I hope these changes helped; at the very least, by using Specs Grumpig + a water immunity, I think the Floatzel weakness was significantly improved and added a lure to help Jumpluff sweep past Metang, Muk, and Vullaby more easily.

If you use this final version, make sure to have some way of locking out slow setup sweepers. Either, Trick Grumpig with Lumineon, or Encore Politoed with Power Gem Grumpig.
Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick / Power Gem
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

OR

Politoed @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- Toxic

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Last edited:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey, ShuckleDeath - thanks for the shoutout(s), and cool team you have here. I've always liked double Trap Cores with Jumpluff, removing Steel- and Electric-types alike in order to make Jumpluff as threatening as possible, as you can see here in this teambuilding shop post I made. I think I have some changes that would optimize the team for you, as right now I see a fairly large Floatzel weakness that is only accounted for by a Scarf Simisage (which, if you used Scarf Simipour over this like you were thinking about, it'd make it even harder to deal with effectively).

Starting off, I see your reasoning for using Crunch Trapinch. While you could argue that it hits things like Missy more effectively, Earthquake only does 3-4% less than Crunch to Grumpig - that's assuming no Colbur Berry on Grumpig, too:

8 Atk Trapinch Crunch vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Grumpig: 166-196 (48.6 - 57.4%) -- 53.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
8 Atk Trapinch Crunch vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Colbur Berry Grumpig: 83-98 (24.3 - 28.7%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO
vs
8 Atk Trapinch Earthquake vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Grumpig: 154-183 (45.1 - 53.6%) -- 37.1% chance to 2HKO

In other words:

Crunch --> Toxic

Next, to account for that 5 mon-Floatzel weakness, I would suggest either Politoed or Lumineon. Lumineon Defogs rocks down for Jumpluff, making a sweep for it more feasible. If Politoed were used, you'd have an easier time with Clefairy thanks to Encore, so I believe that's up to you. This really only fits over Monferno given how integral Trapinch, Probopass, Jumpluff and that Scarfer slot are, so it'll change the team's synergy a bit. It's important to creep Cacturne with both of these.

-->
/
Politoed @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

136 Spe on Politoed hits 210 Speed, which is +1 faster than Adamant/Rash Cacturne. You can maximize SpA instead of HP, but bulky Politoed can take on Floatzel more effectively.

Speed on Lumineon is for positive nature Cacturne, and Impish is for a more powerful U-Turn that has a 50% chance to OHKO Cacturne after SR damage:

0 Atk Lumineon U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Cacturne: 224-268 (79.7 - 95.3%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

So, if you do decide to change out Monferno for Lumineon or Politoed, then you'd be Regice weak (Probopass / Trapinch / Lumineon / Jumpluff are all beaten by RP variants). That brings me to my next change:

-->

I understand how integral Mr. Mime can be here, given its ability to beat Vullaby for Jumpluff (Probopass pressures Vullaby, but you actually just need it gone for Jumpluff to do anything). At the same time, you need something to beat Regice, a Monferno check, and a breaker of some kind. So, I suggest you try out Specs Grumpig here. Using Specs will lure Vullaby into either Trick or Power Gem, which fully castrates it and takes it down just far enough so Jumpluff can beat it easily.

252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Power Gem vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 192-226 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

or, if you use Trick over Power Gem (which takes away Vullaby's Eviolite):

+2 252 Atk Jumpluff Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Vullaby: 181-214 (52.7 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

In either case, Vullaby is lured by Specs Grumpig, making Jumpluff lose another one of its counters. Some other calcs that are pretty nice for Jumpluff:

252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Muk: 390-458 (94.2 - 110.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Metang: 164-194 (50.6 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Grumpig Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Eviolite Klang: 208-246 (64.1 - 75.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature / Modest Nature
- Power Gem / Trick
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

At this point, you have Trapinch / Probopass / Lumineon or Politoed / Specs Grumpig / Jumpluff. Now, you'd finish with a Scarfer. Simisage is fine here, especially considering you have two Fire and Ice checks (really 3 if you count Probopass) in Grumpig, Politoed or Lumineon, and Probopass.

However, if you wanted to keep momentum more easily, Leafeon would do this well. Another important thing to note would be that Leafeon's bulk lets you switch into Golem's Earthquakes a bit more easily. In addition to preserving your Knock Off user, it brings in Muk for the team too, and then Baton Passes out directly into Trapinch. A trapped CroMuk lets Jumpluff use Sleep Powder more effectively. Sawsbuck can do this too, but I thought you wouldn't want another Fighting weakness alongside Probopass, so as to prevent Monferno from doing so much damage here.

You could experiment with a third configuration still, with Marowak / Taunt Probopass / Lumineon / utility or SD Jumpluff / CB or SD Ninjask / Grumpig to improve your team's offensive capabilities (Trapinch can be dead weight in certain match-ups), while still maintaining that Volt Stop and Knock Off. You'd be able to do things like double (or BP) from Ninjask into Marowak on a predicted Stunfisk switch-in, for example.

Optional change:

-->

Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

As a final thought, I think you can afford to run some more Speed on Probopass in order to guarantee you trap important things like Mawile for Jumpluff. I normally don't like to creep so much it cuts into its bulk, but a spread of 112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe with Modest (152 Speed total) would outspeed 56 Spe Mawile (150 Speed total) and keep it from Baton Passing out before being hit by Earth Power:

-->
112 HP / 252 SpA / 144 Spe
Probopass @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Anyway, I hope these changes helped; at the very least, by using Specs Grumpig + a water immunity, I think the Floatzel weakness was significantly improved and added a lure to help Jumpluff sweep past Metang, Muk, and Vullaby more easily.

If you use this final version, make sure to have some way of locking out slow setup sweepers. Either, Trick Grumpig with Lumineon, or Encore Politoed with Power Gem Grumpig.
Leafeon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Baton Pass
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Double-Edge

Grumpig @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Trick / Power Gem
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Lumineon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Scald
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Defog

OR

Politoed @ Leftovers
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Encore

Trapinch @ Eviolite
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Superpower
- Toxic

Jumpluff
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Seed Bomb
- Swords Dance
- Sleep Powder

Probopass @ Air Balloon
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
Just wanted to confirm that I have tried out some of the changes. Toxic over Crunch seems to be working out nicely, and I find Leafeon and Simisage work out similarly but help in checking different for example, Leafeon switches into Golem better(and has stronger STAB), and Simisage has Gunk Shot which really seems to help with Clefairy, it also outspeeds Choice Scarf Dodrio, which is actually important as my team if fairly weak to it outside of Probopass.

I tried Lumineon over Monferno and Grumpig over Mr. Mime, and I wasn't too pleased with the results, While it was certainty appreciated to have a better water resist changing out Monferno made me noticeably weaker to Cacturne and Pawniard, and than I had to change out Mr. Mime for to achieve a check for Regice, which Monferno already checked pretty well, all in all at least for me I found it easier to play around the Floatzel weakness than the Cacturne and Pawinard weakness, also I just found Chopice Specs grumpig to be unreliable, the drop in speed was noticeable on things like non Choice Scarf Rotom-F and the loss of Healing Wish seemed to hurt a bit.

Not trying to sound harsh as the team felt solid over all but i guess it came down to the way it plays, as with those changes it felt more like playing balance as apposed to hyper offense, which was my intended goal for the team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)