fifth gen pokes are so fugly!

MY first RMT. Unfortunately fifth gen brought us (yes, some great pokemon) but ugly ones. I for one only use the pokes that i think looks sick, not any chandelier looking fuck. Lets get right into it.

The Lead

Dragonite (Flair) @ Life Orb
Nature: Naughty
Ability: Inner Focus
252 Atk/252 Sp Stk/4 Sp def

-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast
-Extremespeed
-Super power

This poke fills a lot of roles that otherwise my team would be missing. I cant tell you how many troublesome pokemon there were that Flair picked off with the fastest priority move. Makes an excellent revenge killer, but its wall breaking capabilities are legendary, and thats the reason why i have it as the lead, most stealth Rockers are bulky and dragonite has no problem with them.
Natorrei either stays in and die, or hippowdon takes a fully loaded draco Meteor while it set up rocks and is KO'd on the next turn. It's generally my anti-lead and has its problem in the lead slot here and there, but a lot of times allows the momentum to go my way.

His Evs of course are mixed and the moves are obviously good coverage moves. Multi Scale loses extreme speed and super power but gains aqua jet...I really need someone to convince me to switch its ability, as i would also lose those two moves that have helped me so.

The Stealth Rocker

Metagross (Steeler) @ Lum Berry
Nature: Adamant
Abiltiy: Clear Body
EV: 104 Hp/252 Atk/152 Spe

-Stealth Rock
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake

Okay Now I desperately needed Stealth Rock up and barely even found space on Metagross to use it,(had thunder punch before.) The Evs allow to outspeed scarfed Shandera (shadow tag) after an agility an KO with earth quake.

*Now Steeler has excellent synergy with Flair. They are the teams fronline and are in charge of taking out walls and setting up entry hazard. They cover each others weaknesses beautifully and both pack an attack stat over 400.

Agiligross is a beast and meteor mash alongside earthquake does wonders. Lum Berry is there for those annoying boil overs, that would wreck Metagross. Gets walled by that water ghost pokemon with a moustache (Another of fifth gen beauties)*blah* but really after steeler sets up rock it has done his job, and go back to wait to do some late game clean up.

Please comment my front line....!

The Special Annoyer

Gengar (Hades) @ Black Sludge
Nature:Timid
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252 Sp Atk/252 Spe/4 Hp

-Substitute
-Disable
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast

I haven't seen this set with disable yet to date. I'm wondering why the fuck not. So i sub up with hades, most switch ins are either scarfed or the poke i switch into is slower than hades and has only one move to hurt him with. Perfect example is roopushin; his moves usually are - bulk up- mach punch-drain punch-payback. Again I sub and roopushin uses payback...disable takes care of the payback and on the next turn i use STAB shadow ball or focus blast, trying to predict a switch in for the useless roopushin. This is great on choiced pokemon as well, i love being behind a sub, watch scizor come in thinking its an easy KO , and disable its bullet punch and go on the offensive with an attack. The same goes for tyranitar with pursuit, disable it and either switch if i dont want to risk a focus blast miss, or just sub up again. It also works wonders if the opponent only has one pokemon left. Hades is one annoying little fucker...I love him. :)

Underestimated Sweeper

Gallade (Percy) @ Leftovers
Nature:Impish
Ability: Steadfast
EV:96Hp/252def/160Sp def

-Bulk up
-Drain Punch
-Ice Punch
-Shadow Sneak

Boy oh Boy...I could just go on all day with Percy....Gallade, the most underated pokemon there is, has been mis-treated by gamefreak.No one deserves a better ability than him; he is deserving of trace or Guts at least. But anyways he still is a star on my team.
For all you Roopushin fans out there, GALLADE IS A FAR BETTER BULK UP USER. I mean once u max out his defense, give him a bulk up or two...he is taking a few if not all of ur pokemon out. Unlike roopushin, his Sp def stat is a monster, so he could survive multiple hits on both sides unlike his bulk-up cousin. I have seen it survived draco meteors and overheats, STAB earthquakes and everything in between, with drain punching the hell out of the metagame. Shadow sneak hits ghost hard, especially after a few boosts and also give me an extra priority revenge killer in Percy.

With no EVs invested in attack its stat is still around 300, so with a bulk up it soars. Ice Punch hits gliscor and every other dragon, say garchomp. Percy is a garchomp killer, earthquake usually takes 1/2 of percy's life and i drain punch, to almost gain that back.then i ice punch or shadow sneak for the KO with hardly any damage done...dont believe me...check it for ur self...Watch out for shandera's though, Damn i Hate that pokemon...dont worry the shadow tad version will soon be banned, (suspect.) Oh and will-o-wisperers

Although having the same weakness in ghost attacks (which is not that common) gallade and Gengar have very good synergy together, as they counter their own weaknesses.

Revenge/Utility

Scizor (Red Spirit) @ Damp Rock
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Technician
EV: 76 HP/252 Atk/ 180 def

-Rain Dance
-Bullet Punch
-U-turn
-Night Slash

"Why not use politoed" is usually what i hear from people. Well because everybody knows what i would try to do if they see a politoed on my team. With weather teams so common now, this is my strategy against them...I try to kill their hippowdons, tyranitars, ninetales, very early in the game. If it is an opposing politoed then thank you! I've cripplied many doruuzers with this strategy. Many Trainers wont mind their weather pokemon be killed because they havent seen any on mine. Red Spirits defenses allow for doryuuza to barely dent him. while He sets up rain dance for the pokemon that will be listed next. bullet punch is for me to have another revenge killer, cant have too many of those, u turn is to switch after i set up or for scouting.Night slash is for those annoying ghost who plan to switch in. he does his job, but is cursed with being over used. Everbody knows what to do when they see a scizor, thankfully this one is a bit different.

SWEEEEEEPER!

Kingdra (Poseidon) @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Swift Swim
Ev: 28Hp/252 Sp Atk/ 36Sp Def/ 192 Spe

Rain Dance
-Hydro Pump
-Draco Meteor
-Ice Beam

This is my favorite pokemon! he is a damn good one too add that. He has turn the tide, like lord Poseidon the God himself,in my battles when things seem dim...i have almost lost a battle many times where he just kills three pokemon(sometimes more) and gives me the ladder points.
Rain dance is there if scizor didnt do his job or if it ran out, hydro pump over surf anyday, draco meteor for obvious reasons and ice beam is so Poseidon doesnt have to pre-ejaculate against other dragons too soon, also for grass pokemon.
One trouble is Nattorei, for him I'm Thinking of putting on HP fire, but that contradicts itself in rain. help?

Please ya'll comment and let me improve my team....Just so you know, This team got me to 236 on the rankings on Pokemon Online (Coyote 508 is the man!) my highest ranking and i recently won two tournaments in Dream World, Which is a lot to say since its mostly weather teams winning the tourneys. Mine Kinda is but not really...

To insert pictures you have to click on that image of a Post Stamp at the top, then enter the URL of the image.

And one quick thing i would say is give Kingdra Choice Specs. If you're going pure special attacker, it really helps to be able to hit that much harder.

Yes, I'd have to agree with Phoenix. Give Kingdra Choice Specs/Scarf, and replace Rain Dance with Signal Beam or HP Fire.

Scizor should also lose the Damp Rock, and should, instead, have Life Orb/Leftovers (your choice) and also drop Rain Dance, and put on Superpower.

Hi Albyness, could you show me a deeper view of the synergy in your team? I don't quite get it, and why the fuck are you against the looks of 5th Gen. Burungeru is so preeeety*ahem slut ahem* Alright since this team is for Wifi play, I dont get why are you using Dragonite WITH Inner Focus. I mean what threats can you hit, especially the leads.You should use this set instead.
Dragonite @ Life Orb
Your Spread, Your Nature
Multiscale
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Roost
Aqua Jet / Earthquake
Nattorei? Fire Blast. Blissey/Chansey/Bullshit/Ambipon gets screwed by Gallade. Yeah, thats about all the leads you can hit for SE Damage, and with MSNite, you dont die from Mamo,Dragons,Tyranitar,random HP Ice that easily, and with Aqua Jet you can smack Terakion,Balloontran and HiHi for awesome damage. Aqua Jet allows you to kill Gengar too, and Shandera. Roost allows you to get back MS, which is pretty good for midgame, which is not covered up. Earthquake is to cover up the major Heatran weakness.

Metagross: Shadow Tag Shandera does not exist yet, throw everything (I don't bother to find out, Metagross sucks :P) into speed to outspeed Scarfed stuff. Nice Gengar, it kills Blissey / Chansey perfectly, but Pain Split is still better under more circumstances. HAX I WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU

Gallade is quite good, but its still outclassed by Roob, as it gets killed by Brave Bird for Skarmory after Spikes and cant kill Skamory even after it boosts, while Roobushin can check Dory, read below;

Scizor is fucking redundant. If you follow either of the changes mentioned above, you would have at least 1 Priority Killer, and Scizor just doesnt fit in. Why dont you use Nattorei. Yeah it breaks your policy like how Roob breaks yours, but come on at this crucial period of mass laddering (Im not part of it) Gimmick Teams just don't fit in. Unless you are battling with your genius friend from Serebii, then maybe he will let his guard down and Hyper Beam you with his Jolly Gyarados. About the Nattorei set, give it Power Whip, Thunder Wave, Leech Seed, and Spikes, with SpD investment, as Roob/Gallade have the physical Spectrum covered. Or you could run Balloontran to help with your major Fire weakness.

Rain Dance Kingdra simply sucks. Theres a reason why Politoed is used, and why DD is so prevalent on Kingdras. You get screwed so much by Tyranitar, Hippowdon, Blissey and Chansey. Just change it its seriously fail

tl;dr EPIC fire weakness, Gallade sucks, Roob is alot better. stupid Scizor, Natt / Heatran is better, SubDDra or ChestoDra is ftw.

I do agree with you about scizor being redundant, him and kingdra are great teamates but, i find he hardly does anything on my team cept setting up rain. the only two pokemon that are staying are kingdra and gallade, right now i have 380 points on the ladder and they are a big reason because of it....roopushin is okay, not so much on the special side. like i said gallade survived latios' Draco meteors 90% of the time, i mean i got logs and logs of this stuff. I might change metagross as well and try ur dragonite, aqua jet does seem nice and gives dragonite more bulk with roost and multi scale. I'll check it out. and give tron a chance.

Start of turn 14
Sly used Disable!
The foe's Vaporeon's Boil Over was disabled!

The foe's Vaporeon's Boil Over is disabled!

Sly restored a little HP using its Black Sludge!
The foe's Vaporeon restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 15
Sly used Shadow Ball!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 33% of its health!

The foe's Vaporeon used Ice Beam!
Sly lost 65 HP! (24% of its health)
Sly fainted!

pimpinberto sent out Percy! (Gallade)
Pointed stones dug into Percy!

Start of turn 16
Percy used Drain Punch!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 21% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon had its energy drained!

The foe's Vaporeon used Wish!

Start of turn 17
SuperSao called Vaporeon back!
SuperSao sent out Roobushin!

Percy used Bulk Up!
Percy's Attack rose!
Percy's Defense rose!

Vaporeon's wish came true!

Start of turn 18
Percy used Bulk Up!
Percy's Attack rose!
Percy's Defense rose!

The foe's Roobushin used Bulk Up!
The foe's Roobushin's Attack rose!
The foe's Roobushin's Defense rose!

Start of turn 19
Percy used Bulk Up!
Percy's Attack rose!
Percy's Defense rose!

The foe's Roobushin used Bulk Up!
The foe's Roobushin's Attack rose!
The foe's Roobushin's Defense rose!

Start of turn 20
Percy used Drain Punch!
The foe's Roobushin lost 33% of its health!
The foe's Roobushin had its energy drained!

The foe's Roobushin used Payback!
Percy lost 97 HP! (32% of its health)

Percy restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!

Start of turn 21
Percy used Drain Punch!
The foe's Roobushin lost 36% of its health!

The foe's Roobushin used Drain Punch!
It's not very effective...
Percy lost 61 HP! (20% of its health)
Percy had its energy drained!

The foe's Roobushin restored a little HP using its Leftovers!
pimpinberto: fail

Start of turn 22
SuperSao called Roobushin back!
SuperSao sent out Gengar!

Percy used Drain Punch!
It had no effect!

Start of turn 23
Percy used Shadow Sneak!
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
pimpinberto: again
The foe's Gengar lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Gengar fainted!

pimpinberto: fail
pimpinberto: useless crit
SuperSao sent out Sazandora!

pimpinberto: wud have ko'd
SuperSao: I know.

Start of turn 24
The foe's Sazandora used Draco Meteor!
pimpinberto: maybe
Percy lost 190 HP! (63% of its health)
The foe's Sazandora's Sp. Att. sharply fell!

Percy used Drain Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Sazandora lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Sazandora had its energy drained!
The foe's Sazandora fainted!

SuperSao sent out Dragonite!

Start of turn 25
The foe's Dragonite used Dragon Dance!
The foe's Dragonite's Attack rose!
The foe's Dragonite's Speed rose!

Percy used Ice Punch!
It's super effective!
The foe's Dragonite lost 100% of its health!
The foe's Dragonite fainted!

SuperSao sent out Roobushin!

pimpinberto: gallade is a much better user of bulk up than roopushin

Start of turn 26
Percy used Drain Punch!
The foe's Roobushin lost 49% of its health!
The foe's Roobushin fainted!

SuperSao: Ha, so it seems.
SuperSao sent out Vaporeon!

pimpinberto: roopushin wouldnt have survived that draco meteor

Start of turn 27
Percy used Shadow Sneak!
The foe's Vaporeon lost 14% of its health!
The foe's Vaporeon fainted!

pimpinberto won the battle!
pimpinberto: all day
SuperSao: gg

lol you say you use sick looking pokes but dragonite's sprite looks like barney this gen. I suggest you change your gallade to another physical sweeper because gengar and gallade share a ghost weakness maybe lucario or heracross?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)