Fire Emblem - Heroes of Light and Shadow (Lunatic MU Fighter Playthrough)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Okay so... I'm a Fire Emblem nerd. We all knew that. So I decided that, for the hell of it, I'd record my playthrough and do some commentary on it. Yeah!!!

Of course I'm only allowed so much media footage, and I don't think mods would be happy with asdfjkl; posting and all, but hey. I can at least show off my sexy voice right? RIGHT!?! It's a bit quiet for the first couple of videos (I didn't have Audacity set up) and Chapter 1 was eh because of the Audacity setup I accidentally had. Chapter 2 on will have better quality sound in it.

So to go over the game quick, FE12 is only out in Japan. Will it come to America and what not? Probably. It's probably the most diverse FE made so far, and it is a remake of FE3 Book 2. So of course, yes, Marth is in this game. No, Roy isn't. The new features are rather huge, so I'll list them fast:

- Create your own unit
- Reclass returns, but after a Hard Mode is beaten you are able to have male reclass freedom. Females have General and Cavalier listed within their reclass options, and the Elysian Whip is available in-game for FalcoKnights.
- Prologue with a few extra Gaidens
- Difficulty levels include Normal, H1, H2, H3 (the video is based on H3), and H3'. H3' has the enemies ALWAYS strike first (unless of course they can't attack you within your range).
- After H3 is beaten, you are able to buy stat boosters from the prep screen shop.
- An Arena is added in Chapter 5 on, though instead of rewarding you with coins, it is merely for EXP. For your stat gains, it assumes your total growths and hands out that much minimum. For example, if a unit has a 450% growth total, he / she will always gain 4 stats with a 50% chance of gaining a 5th one.

My Unit:

Sex - Male
Name - Default
Type - Fighter
Past - Orphan [孤児] +2 Str / Mag, +5% Str / Mag
Present - Strong [強さ] +2 HP, +20% HP
Future - Honorable [栄誉者] +15% Spd / Skl

Base Stats
Code:
26 HP | 11 Str | 2 Mag | 6 Skl | 7 Spd | 3 Luck | 3 Def | 0 Res
Growths
Code:
120% HP | 70% Str | 5% Mag | 70% Skl | 55% Spd | 60% Luck | 25% Def | 0% Res
Here is the playthrough

I will post when a new chapter is up. I'm currently on Chapter 3 right now.

FIRE EMBLEM NERDS UNITE

Anyway, awesome. Nice MU, just keep it away from magic until it has like >45 or so HP. I'll definitely be following this closely.

On a related note, this game has been officially confirmed for North America.

I don't understand the specifics of FE, but I know the basics and that makes it enough to enjoys this. Looking forward to going through all of this.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
does this game have valkyries yet

best class ever

anyway! although i do not have the patience/general interest to watch other playthroughs of games, i watched the first video and am ECSTATIC that you can create your main unit. gah, that is utterly delightful. i may dabble a little further into your videos to see other characters and the like, but this definitely makes me excited about the english release. :)

i agree the reclass system is silly, you should be "forced" to use your units as you receive them, and not change them around to create your ideal army, although customization is always attractive to the majority. even so, the reclass system just urges me to create an army of falconknights, males be DAMNED

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Man, I gotta remember the right move patterns with Palla. I keep screwing it up or getting too hasty.

With regards to reclassing, I kind of like it. While I can see why you'd want to keep units within their forced classes like the other games, reclassing adds a little spice to the unit. It's fun being able to imagine your badasses in different classes. It's also something that you need in Lunatic mode. Most units work alright in their base class, but there are instances where you want fliers in a chapter or durable tanks in another. It's a huge blessing for Draug and Roger, who otherwise are stuck within the nasty Armor Knight class and can be freed into Cavaliers.

I'll keep trying to do this chapter tonight. Part 1 is going to be long because there is no savepoint near me. Which is dumb.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Minerva is definitely cool, I just wish her younger sister Maria didn't suck so much as a cleric.

all her growths are like 20%, what a troll

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Minerva is definitely cool, I just wish her younger sister Maria didn't suck so much as a cleric.

all her growths are like 20%, what a troll
Yeah, no more worries with that. The growth rates are much better throughout the game. Well except for Arran. Lol. Though most units have growths that are a little bit closer to the GBA games (with the exception of Res). Just to give an idea:

(In HP | Str | Mag | Skl | Spd | Luck | Def | Res order)

FE11 Marth -
80 50 0 40 50 70 20 2
FE12 Marth -
90 60 0 65 65 80 30 5

man i need to play more fe and create-a-unit has me 100% sold. i am hoping it's for ds (as you didn't specify the console in the op), and if it comes to nz and is for ds i am buying it.

anybody else go through all of fe11 without using shiida at all? cause i did. felt good. looking forward to watching you progress, as well as the release in english!

On a related note, this game has been officially confirmed for North America.
Wait, what? It has? Since when? I don't really doubt that Nintendo will localize it eventually, but I don't think it's been confirmed yet - I could be wrong, though.
i am hoping it's for ds (as you didn't specify the console in the op), and if it comes to nz and is for ds i am buying it.
It is for the DS.

Nice to see a Lunatic Mode run with some english audio commentary. I think I'll be watching this. :) (Also, how about Lunatic Reverse? ... has anyone actually beaten that?)

Yeah, no more worries with that. The growth rates are much better throughout the game. Well except for Arran. Lol. Though most units have growths that are a little bit closer to the GBA games (with the exception of Res). Just to give an idea:

(In HP | Str | Mag | Skl | Spd | Luck | Def | Res order)

FE11 Marth -
80 50 0 40 50 70 20 2
FE12 Marth -
90 60 0 65 65 80 30 5
That's pretty hilarious. Marth is o much better in FE12 it seems. Although I have to wonder why everyone except magic units has about a 5% Res growth.

HOLY FUCKING JESUS.
AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE
I LOVE FIRE EMBLEM
WHO ELSE LOVES FIRE EMBLEM
DO YOU LIKE FIRE EMBLEM
LETS TALK ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM
MY FAVOURITE CHAR(s) ARE TANA AND SHINON AND GUY AND AGUHDOAUGBSO
I FUCKING LOVE FIRE EMBLEM

on a serious note, I seriously need to get me some New Mystery of the Emblem. Shadow Dragon was heaps fun for me, although nowhere near the epicness of 5, 6, 8 or 10, but I just need to wait until I can get a 3DS :/

And @Thorns, fuck you Shiida is amazing.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
pardon me Citizen, but how can you possibly value 8 over 7, since 7 is not even in your list??

I've always thought of FE7 has like, the staple for any FE fan. I haven't played any of the earlier versions before the GBA stuff, but I'm sure I will eventually. Even so, FE7 is just so... good. So many characters, a great plot line that entwines itself perfectly (and realistically) throughout all the character modes, and I mean you could never enjoy Roy without Eliwood!!

having said all that, if ever there comes a day when FE6 is released in English as a remake or (haha yeah right) just released on GBA in English, I would probably be the happiest girl in the world. It is definitely one of my favorites, if not my favorite FE game. I used to play it all the time, and toyed with the idea of buying a GBA-game compatible flash cart collection SOLELY to play the translated rom on my DS, as portability with my games is just something I prefer, but, oh my goodness. Plus, FE6 hard mode has never been a laughing matter. gaaah, I neeeeed it.

favorite characters off the top of my head:

well, there's a lot. usually in my playthroughs I favor the best looking and/or female units. it really depends on the game though - FE9/10 has some of my favorite characters ever, like Soren and Nephenee. Sothe is awesome too, I really like thieves/assassins in general. Stealing and killing, the best combo. When I first started playing FE7, my first FE game experience, I was obsessed with pegasus knights, and I don't think I even learned until a couple playthroughs later that clerics could be promoted and NOT be such a hassle to carry around all the time in the midst of fire. That's how I discovered the fuggin' Valkyrie class, and oh goodness I was in love. (Priscilla<3--->Clarine<33--->TOTALLY MADE NATASHA A VALKYRIE OBVIOUSLY--->Mist wtf.)

Shiida is overrated!!

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
8 on a fire emblem list? 4 NOT on a fire emblem list? Wat.

But yeah, subscribed to the channel; looking forward to this immensely as i already enjoyed what i've seen =)

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
Yes, there has been a person who's beaten Lunatic Reverse. I might play Reverse myself after this playthrough, but I'm not going to promise it. I might wait for US release for that.

I like FE6, barring two things:

- WTF @ some of the mediocre characters base stats and growths
- Missing. Is. So. Common.

Shiida isn't really overrated. Though without that pretty Wing Spear of hers she'd be in trouble (in Shadow Dragon).

I sort of like 6, mostly because I tend to rage at misses. Anyway, Shiida sucks without Wing Spear at first because she can't hurt anything. Once her growths get going she becomes amazing with or without it though. If she didn't get the Spear nobody would ever use her.

My favorite FE is either 7, 9, or 10. 7 is probably a better game per se, but I have a skills fetish and I don't import or emulate.

Favorite character? M probably knows this, but
Rolf.
Rolf.
Rolf.

I actually liked Fire Emblem 8, but maybe thats because i didnt abuse the ruins/valni tower for easy levels. But yeah, overall FE 7 is more enjoyable. For the FE 8 final level I was thought "wtf why monsters, and Fomortiis is a pushover." For FE 7 I was like "Awww man this is going to be awesome." Oh and Luna (favorite spell) is busted, its a shame they nerfed it in FE 8.

I'm playing through FE DS now, I actually like reclassing, it adds a bit more depth and strategy, kind of like EV training. Forging is great too, although would it have killed Intelligent systems to have made it slightly cheaper? You can't even forge anything good unless you arena abuse.

And its a shame wifi is full of hackers and that several cool units (Dracoknight and General) totally suck on wifi due to low speed caps.

tl;dr i'm a FE fan and I cant wait for this remake.

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
FE8 was _the best_, but I probably liked it so much because it was the first one I played. I'm making my way through FE7 on my phone (GBA emulator on Droid ftw), and have played it a little bit before. It seems ok but I'm tiring of having to deal with Lyn's crap/tutorial. (I KNOW HOW TO PLAY GOSHDANGIT)

On another note, really hope FE12 does suck as much as FEDS did. (FEDS=FE11) FEDS sucked so much imo. Easy and reclassing was just stupid. (It doesn't help that my friend and I got so psyched for it, got it, and was like, "we just wasted $35) I'll watch this with great interest.

What is so great about FE4? I mean it's good, but it's basically a big test of "how insanely broken can I make my party?" And then in the second part, it's like three times worse-- they balance it out by making enemy bosses super broken too, but it kind of becomes an RNG-based clusterfuck at that point, at least in my experience. I don't know; of the old school Fire Emblem that I've played (2, 3, 4), they just don't hold up to the good modern ones (FE7 and 9, haven't played 10 yet though).

I'll rent this because of the "custom character" gimmick. Won't be calling it FE12 any time soon though! Shadow Dragon was disgustingly mediocre.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)