NOC Fire and Ice Mafia: Fire and Ice tie, the village loses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
What do you guys think about the possibility of a maf riding the second bandwagon? The case against US was mild, but the case against gale was pretty justified, so the more experienced scum might jump on it.
Oh, it's fairly likely. Gale looked like he might have been the hammer today, so I can see a mafia jumping on early and being opportunistic and pushing it.

Celever who put gale on L-2. Citing Appeal to emotion. There were some arguments raised about it that ultimately become something like an urban dictionary entry. This vote however felt off to me.
Celever have been witnessing gale's meta in other games as much as I do. You knew gale was hyper, then it shouldn't be a surprise to you that he start doing the "shrug kill me you're wrong but I give up" maneuver. Why did it compel you to lynch him. It looked like that you saw gale digging his own grave and jumped on it.
Nah, Gale was not defeatist at all when I've played with him and he's been allied with me. In the FFA game which we played with each other in he remained strong right to the end even when he knew that I was betraying him (because I told him I was betraying him, I would have felt bad otherwise). The defeatism was very out of character for him and a sudden change in tone (the post wasn't hyper) threw me off guard, so I voted for him. Like I said though, it was more for pressure than anything anyway. I don't know whether I think he's town or scum, but I know he'd pick up his game and play should we actually nearly lynch him.[/quote]

Gotta go to school, no time left. Cya later.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Looks like talk has sort of died out. Going to bed now so I'm just gonna briefly pose this question:

Who is the person each player MOST wants lynched today and why?

All users pls respond.

Spiffy I didn't respond to your post because it was just saying you're wrong HD with no real argument. But I pointed out later anyway that Celever is playing cooler.

I've been busy this day, I've also been busy the last mafia game. I mean I've tried my best to contribute but apparently if I don't make tl;drs with in depth analyises I will appear scummy so I won't mind if you guys lynch me cuz I don't meet that standard.

Spiffy I didn't respond to your post because it was just saying you're wrong HD with no real argument. But I pointed out later anyway that Celever is playing cooler.

I've been busy this day, I've also been busy the last mafia game. I mean I've tried my best to contribute but apparently if I don't make tl;drs with in depth analyises I will appear scummy so I won't mind if you guys lynch me cuz I don't meet that standard.
Looks like talk has sort of died out. Going to bed now so I'm just gonna briefly pose this question:

All users pls respond.
Celever, he's playing ok now but I can't let go for the reasons I mentioned. Also, US seems to be playing to opportunisticly so he'd be my second vote.

Yeah sorry I have like three names for DLE/Da Letter El/Dale that I use interchangeably.

Haunted Diamond why didn't you respond to my post that addressed you? I think a natural village reaction to someone that questions them is to do their best to explain their thought process. Instead you actively ignored it (I tagged AND quoted you so I know you saw...) and chose to "expand your reads" which looks like busy work to seem active to me.

Walrein UltrasPlot please explain the reads that you haven't done so for. Also say other things.

The Diabolic Gift I think the best way to get people to talk is to set a deadline. And can you prod Da Letter El because he hasn't posted in over 48 hours.

Right now I think the only lynches I'd support are Haunted Diamond, PokeguyNXB, and Da Letter El. WHAT DO UncleSam acidphoenix Gale Wing Srock Cancerous AND EVERYONE ELSE THINK?!?!?!?!?
I have Yeti as slight town since he's trying to stir discussion, although as some previously have pointed out, the scums have good reason to try to scumhunt the other scum at this stage.

HD is more of a 'I'm getting the wrong vibe from this guy, but I don't have anything specific' sort of thing.

Also, FoS Celever, using excessive language and causing that L-2, also this quote:

Celever said:
Haunted Diamond if you couldn't vote for me, who would your lynch vote be on right now?
This is, to me, an attempt to get HD's mind onto someone else, to perhaps give him reason to wihtdraw his vote on Celever for real and place it on said person.

I can support a Dle, Celever, or Gale lynch right now. By the way, Unvote anyone that TIK might have lynched, forgot to do this last post.

All users pls respond.
Well, this is Day One of a NOC, but I'd have to say currently my first choice would be Celever. Reasoning on the post above.

The Uncle Sam bandwagon is probably our best shot to nab a poor playing mafia member clinging to a vote for pretty poor reasons OR to catch a town who bought into the idea that Sam is always dangerous in the lead and looked like he was trying to manipulate. Gale looks the worst from it because he actually is calling for a straight lynch, so it's impossible for him to argue that he was voting just to pressure. He is more just trying to lynch Uncle Sam, which would only really make sense if he just wanted him out of the game due to his experience. And beings that only the mafia actually know who is on their side, this makes it appear to me that Gale was probably taking a very early and ill timed shot to remove him and his experience from the other side. But this is all speculative and the play to call for a lynch on Uncle Sam that early is so bad that it almost spits in the face of any preconceived idea of strategy for either side.

HauntedDiamond is pretty much making all the same plays and mistakes that he did day one of fallout mafia, which makes me wonder if this is just how he plays in general or if this is him following a set pattern. I picked on him a lot for his behavior in Fallout, and analyzed him a lot then, but I'm going to say he is probably the one I would vote on. His defenses have been lackluster to me. It's all kind of maddening to read and to figure out and to his credit he was the first one to jump on the bandwagon so he just might be misguided.

I guess based on my thoughts right now, I would probably kill off Gale just because I feel there is more of a connection to mafia based on actions alone. I can see him being a mafia and knowing who is on his team trying to take advantage to knock out a strategic and experienced piece from another mafia or from the village more so than I see him being a villager and taking a stab in the dark. So Gale would be my answer to Yeti's question.

acidphoenix, being on 2 wagons, means more chance to be scum.
I am willing to go along with a gale or haunted lynch because it will probably give us much to discuss regardless how they flip.

UGH now I think I would prefer a PokeguyNXB lynch over anything else. His play is just way too different from and much less helpful than when he was town in Fallout, as I've outlined before. I feel like if he continues acting this way (and there is no indication that he won't) he'll be lynched on future days anyway so why not get it over with now? I am still willing to lynch Haunted Diamond but I think Pokeguy is the superior option.

Unvote
Vote PokeguyNXB

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The reason I'd prefer Haunted Diamond over Pokeguy or Gale is that I feel a Haunted Diamond flip will tell us more about a lot of people, most particularly Yeti. As in, I think that if he flips mafia then she is an excellent person to take a long, hard look at in future days.

Pokeguy meanwhile...no one's been on his side. He hasn't been on anyone else's side. And he's ignored too many people to point out any sort of passive buddying either. I agree that I think he will be useless in coming days and may well be mafia, but I'd rather lynch him later on if he continues to be unhelpful after people's opinions on him become a little less uniform.

My vote on Haunted stays. I would be willing to lynch, in order, Pokeguy>Gale>Acidphoenix>Celever as well. I think lynching anyone else would be a poor choice, though DLE I'm admittedly only giving a free pass because I expect him to play well.

Da Letter El I'm tagging you one last time in the hopes that you will respond. Houston, do you copy?

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
Okay real talk. Why am i acting so different? Because i'm a fucking blue. I HATE not having a night action, and i joined this game hoping on 5/13 odds i'd be Doc/Maf so at night, the only part of the game i'm actually GOOD at, i could actually DO SOMETHING. As anything other than blue, be it scum or a pr, i'm pissy about not getting lynched, but when i'm blue, i'm not unless it's mylo/lylo, cause i'm useless anyway and wouldn't mind being mislynched. Remind me not to join setups with mostly blues ever again please

PokeguyNXB if you're going to sulk about being vanilla the whole game instead of do what has been overwhelmingly asked and expected of you then you are more then welcome to sub out. If you are being truthful and your outrage at being vanilla is preventing you from doing ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING to help then we would be much better off with someone who is willing to try.

I still don't buy it. A village power role has the same exact purpose as a vanilla during the day, so that is no excuse for his play style being so drastically different. Once again instead of trying to contribute Pokeguy resorts to excuses and defending himself. I'm keeping my vote.

The reason I'd prefer Haunted Diamond over Pokeguy or Gale is that I feel a Haunted Diamond flip will tell us more about a lot of people, most particularly Yeti. As in, I think that if he flips mafia then she is an excellent person to take a long, hard look at in future days.

Pokeguy meanwhile...no one's been on his side. He hasn't been on anyone else's side. And he's ignored too many people to point out any sort of passive buddying either. I agree that I think he will be useless in coming days and may well be mafia, but I'd rather lynch him later on if he continues to be unhelpful after people's opinions on him become a little less uniform.

My vote on Haunted stays. I would be willing to lynch, in order, Pokeguy>Gale>Acidphoenix>Celever as well. I think lynching anyone else would be a poor choice, though DLE I'm admittedly only giving a free pass because I expect him to play well.

Da Letter El I'm tagging you one last time in the hopes that you will respond. Houston, do you copy?
And what if I flip town? You know, it sounds a little weird to just vote me that in case i turned out mafia you could take a look at someone.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Ya that post was really questionable lol.

Unvote
Vote PokeguyNXB

Convince me to keep you around. Post your reads on people and who you want to lynch.

UncleSam

Leading this village
Oh great and stealthed by Haunted Diamond:

The point is we learn more from lynching you then we do from lynching Pokeguy. However, you've been more helpful/active at the same time. So it's really a toss up. Prove that you'll be useful and active (what are your thoughts on Pokeguy's recent behavior? Spiffy's?) and it only helps your case.

I was gonna talk about Pokeguy. He is sounding realllllyyy weird. He wasn't so insecure the last game.

IDK though...should i remove my lynch from celever? Here's my order of lynching preference: Celever, Pokeguy, and possibily US

UncleSam

Leading this village
Just wanted to note that Spiffy and Haunted Diamond have been successfully avoiding mentioning each other despite both being active recently, even when I just asked Haunted Diamond about him.

Oh now Haunted Diamond "SUDDENLY" has Pokeguy in his top two lynched despite not having mentioned him AT ALL the entire day. That makes perfect sense.

UncleSam lol that's probably because Haunted Diamond is in survival mode instead of trying to actively help the town. I've already said that they are interchangeable to me and honestly I think one is Fire and one is Ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)