Fireworks (OU)

I like this team. It's a team like I usually make..bulky offense, trying to keep a lot of synergy together. This one's pretty good. I don't lose often o.o

Sorry, I don't feel like making this one pretty looking.

Admire my clever nicknames.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers ** Big Blue
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 216 Def / 52 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

My favorite lead, ever. I don't usually make that big of a deal out of laying down stealth rock, but if I feel like setting it, it will get set up as long as the opponent is a taunt lead. You simply can't OHKO this thing without a STAB grass move, so I'm usually not too worried about letting this take hits. Late in the game, this guy acts as an excellent Tyranitar and Salamence counter, able to take mostly whatever they throw at it and deal damage or OHKO back, the former needing a few Earthquakes before it goes down.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band ** Red Metal
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Oh, simply delicious. Everybody has one nowadays but it still is one of the most effective things I've ever used. It's hard to find something that can take a STAB, Technician, Choice Band boosted Bullet Punch, or a quick U-turn or Technician boosted Pursuit. There's just nothing that exists that won't take a big dent from one of this guys attacks. He's a great scout, too, checking the opponent's team for pesky fire types and the like. I usually U-turn with this guy early game, pounding the opponenent. Eventually I can use his stupidly strong Bullet Punch to finish things off or just sweep if I need to.

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf ** Green Earth
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- U-turn

This thing is a god. With Choice Scarf he gets a large amount of speed, and between him and Scizor he can scout teams and deal massive damage in the process. I realize Fire Punch doesn't do as much damage to Skarmory or Forretress as Fire Blast would, but I really believe Fire Punch just hits Scizor and stuff harder. If you suggest, I'll switch to Naughty or something and put Fire Blast instead. The rest of the moves are pretty obvious. Earthquake and Outrage are amazing STAB, and U-turn to scout the opponent. Adamant nature is necessary as otherwise he just doesn't have enough power. I may even switch Fire Punch for Stone Edge, too, if somebody thinks that's necessary.

Suicune @ Leftovers ** Aqua Seige
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Surf

Probably the most powerful member of my team. Most teams simply don't have a proper way of taking this down. Even most Explosions can't kill this thing, and I just Rest away any damage after they waste a Pokemon. As long as Vaporeon and Blissey are dead, this thing pretty much sweeps without fail. Calm Mind boosts its already good Special Attack and Defense, Rest and Sleep Talk allow me to stay alive for pretty much forever and to continue boosting and attacking after I recover my health. Since I'm already boosting my special defense, EVs aren't necessary there, so I simply max out my HP and my Defense to make it a ridiculous wall of doom.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt ** White Steel
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SAtk
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Punch
- Ice Punch
- Iron Head
- Thunderbolt

My very underestimated wall breaker. Jirachi does a lot of important things for my team. It kills any Gyarados without Earthquake and that haven't Dragon Danced yet, kills any Salamence without any dances, works as a breaker of stall, flinch haxes things, provides excellent coverage, the list goes on. Iron Head is a fantastic move on this set. It can slowly kill pretty much anything this flinching opponent's to the point of insanity. Fire Punch hits Scizor and steels in general. Ice Punch is for Salamence and Latias. Ice Punch 2ko's Latias and most Latias can't 2ko me in return. Thunderbolt over Thunderpunch because after Intimidate Thunderpunch doesn't do enough to Gyarados. Max speed allow me to outspeed and hit a lot of things, and max attack is for obvious reasons. I could go with Life Orb over Expert Belt, but this Jirachi needs to live a long time. I'm thinking about using a Choice Scarf or Band to make me more powerful and fast, too, but the ability to switch between moves is pretty useful.

Breloom (M) @ Toxic Orb ** Forest Death
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spd
- Facade
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb
- Spore

And for the all-around destroyer. You may think Focus Punch without Substitute is nuts, but you're very wrong. Spore when I come in and Focus Punch the next turn for massive damage. Facade is mostly so I can hit Celebi, and it does pretty devastating damage to most things anyway. Seed Bomb is powerful, and does sickeningly large amounts of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Toxic Orb and Poison Heal are amazing, which allows this to act as a second status absorber after Suicune. This guy is a very pivotal part of my team who can sweep very well if the opponent isn't properly prepared.

There's my team. Rate away.

Aerodactyl: Pfft. Pert, Scizor, Jirachi, Suicune, probably even Breloom could beat this.
---
Alakazam: Scizor says hi.
---
Azelf: Scizor, Suicune laughs at it.
---
Breloom: Suicune absorbs sleep and doesn't take too much from Focus Punches. My own Breloom takes Leech Seeds and smacks it with Facade.
---
Dragonite: Pert, Scizor, Jirachi
---
Dugtrio: I don't like these things. He only really traps and kills Jirachi...and Breloom if he has Aerial Ace.
---
Electivire: Flygon rofls
---
Empoleon: Don't. Let. It. Set. Up. Pray it doesn't have Ice Beam so Flygon can come in and Earthquake it quickly. If it has Ice Beam, pray it doesn't somehow have Grass Knot so Swampert can come in. Hope Bullet Punch can deal 25% to it and watch in agony as it doesn't. This thing isn't fun. Hopefully Suicune can get some Calm Minds before this thing sets up.
---
Flygon: My own Flygon..Jirachi survives an Earthquake at high health and kills.
---
Gengar: Scizor rofls.
---
Gyarados: Jirachi thunderbolts, Suicune sets up on him, Flygon can hit it with a quick Outrage.
---
Heatran: Flygon.
---
Heracross: I don't see these much. Suicune walls him probably.
---
Infernape
: Suicune loves this guy. Even Grass Knot hardly touches me after a few CMs. Anyway, Flygon outspeeds and quakes it.
---
Jirachi: Flygon and my own Jirachi are good at beating it. Swampert hates taking a Scarf, so I switch to Flygon immediately if its a lead.
---
Jolteon: Flygoooooon
---
Kingdra: Flygon Outrages before it sets up...otherwise, I'm in trouble.
---
Latias: Scizor, Jirachi, Flygon, even Suicune.
---
Lucario: Flygon kills him all day.
---
Machamp: Suicune takes little from Dpunch and doesn't mind Confusion much.
---
Magnezone: Flygon..Jirachi kind of lol.
---
Mamoswine: Scizor, Flygon, Jirachi even...Suicune, however, is the best choice.
---
Metagross: Swampert beats it. Flygon beats it. Suicune beats it.
---
Porygon-Z: Scizor and Breloom, really.
---
Rhyperior: Suicune
---
Salamence: Jirachi, Flygon, Scizor.
---
Scizor: Flygon, Jirachi. Suicune maybe.
---
Starmie: Scizor and Jirachi.
---
Togekiss: Fuck this thing. Jirachi maybe. Scizor can kill it off.
---
Tyranitar: Brelooooom. Swampeeeert. Scizooooor. Flygooooon. Suicuuuuune. Jirachiiii. Oh wait, that's my whole team. Silly me.
---
Weavile: Scizor laughs.
---
Yanmega: Scizor

Defensive Threats

Blissey: Breloom, Scizor, Jirachi
---
Bronzong: Jirachi and Flygon pound it with Punches. Suicune sets up.
---
Celebi: U-turns.
---
Cresselia: U-turns, Pursuits.
---
Donphan: HAI SUICUNE.
---
Foretress: Punches and Surfs and Sleeps and Earthquakes.
---
Gliscor: Suicune.
---
Hippowdon: Suicune just plains laughs.
---
Skarmory: Suicune, Jirachi thunderbolts.
---
Snorlax: Jirachi Iron Head spams it's face..
---
Suicune
: Oh dear. Good game if it sets up.
---
Swampert: Loomy.
---
Tentacruel: Oh Flygon.
---
Vaporeon: Problem. Spam electric attacks. Breloom Seed Bomb?
---
Zapdos: Just keep hitting it I guess.

Empoleon is really not a big deal to your team.
Just bring Suicune in when he agilities or subs and keep CMing and he won't be able to touch you.

Well, if Empoleon has grass knot and gets to the Petaya before Suicune gets a couple calm minds in, Suicune is outsped and 2ko'd, and the rest of my team will then be swept.

you really shouldn't rely too much on scizor to counter gengar+azelf because:
gengar can have subs and can have hp fire/LO focus blast can 2hko
azelf can survive cb scizor's bullet punch (and it can be EVed to guarantee the survival even w SR up); explosion,grass knot,tbolt,plot are powerful tools to take suicune down
For electivire, pert can counter it as long as it doesn't have hp grass
Why do ur flygon have fire punch-I believe it can't 2hko skarm and zong, while zong's gyro is a 2hko

august

you’re a voice that never sings
is a Community Leaderis a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Smogon Classic Winnerwon the 5th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
OGC Leader
Kingdra and Empoleon shouldnt be a problem if you play right. Just break Empoleons Sub and use Max Speed Adamant Flygon, which outspeeds after Agility and OHKOs. If DD Kingdra comes in, U turn its Sub as it DD then bring in Flygon.

If Suicune and Vaporeon continue giving you trouble, I'd recommend a bulky grass mon to help fix that. Perish Song Celebi is always a solid contender, as well as helping somewhat to deal with Empoleon. Latias works equally well, and can CM up along side Suicune and prove useful late game. Latias provides an extra fire resist, which could prove to be very helpful, although you already have 3 others.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 148 HP/252 Spd/108 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

The EVs (thanks joshe) allow for Latias to take 4 Seismic Tosses from Blissey while accounting for Leftovers Recovery. Max HP will help you take hits better and some SpAtk to at least hurt stuff after a Calm Mind.

Something Latias opens you up to though is somewhat of a Scizor weakness (although its still there even if you keep Breloom!), since it can come in and spam U turns to weaken your core, and then manage to cause trouble late game with Bullet Punch. You can get some surprise OHKOs on Scizor with Jirachs Fire Punch when Scizor comes in thinking your locked into Ice Punch or something, but other than that there is not much at all you can do. You also really lack an immediate counter to take care of fighting types such as Lucario or Machamp, who can really devastate your team if played somewhat smart. Restalk DD Gyara can play a similar role to Gyarados in sweeping late game, as well as being a solid switch into a plethora of fighting attacks with its high defense and Intimidate.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP/226 Def/30 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest

The 30 Speed EVs are there to outrun Jolly Lucario and below after a Dragon Dance.

Hope i helped and good luck.

The fact that you have 2 Choice Pokemon does not help if you are already weak to Empoleon.

Give Suicune a Life Orb and Ice Beam and Hidden Power [Electric] and call him a straightup sweeper. Suicune can be whittled down with Life Orb and attacks due to less bulk, but does more damage and faster. HP [Electric] deals with Gyara, Vaporeon, and Skarmory to some extent; Vaporeon in particular loves to wall Suicune.

Edit: Break Empoleon's subs until its at 25%, and let something die. Then send in Scarfgon. Scarfgon outspeeds +2 Empoleon and easily picks it off with EQ.
If anything that makes him MORE weak to fighting mons, as Suicune is his only bulky defensive mon that can take a hit

SlottedPig

sem feio
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The fact that you have 2 Choice Pokemon does not help if you are already weak to Empoleon.

Give Suicune a Life Orb and Ice Beam and Hidden Power [Electric] and call him a straightup sweeper. Suicune can be whittled down with Life Orb and attacks due to less bulk, but does more damage and faster. HP [Electric] deals with Gyara, Vaporeon, and Skarmory to some extent; Vaporeon in particular loves to wall Suicune.

Edit: Break Empoleon's subs until its at 25%, and let something die. Then send in Scarfgon. Scarfgon outspeeds +2 Empoleon and easily picks it off with EQ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)