First 5th Gen team...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Guys, This is my first 5th Gen team and I'm still trying to work out some of the kinks, aswell as some overall advice...

SO I've played competitively for a while now, and i ussually have nice offensives teams with great coverage and minimal holes.
I've been testing out this general team for a solid week now but there are still a few spots on the team in which i need some help w/..

Things that have worked REALLY well all the time:
Hydreigon @ Life Orb -> w/ so much weather, this can come out and sweep most stallers or walls (most of the time)
Stall Breaker
Modest (31 SpAtt, SpDef, Spd IVs)
4 HP Evs/252 Spd and Att EVs
- Surf
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Focus Blast/ U-turn

Eelektross @ Leftovers -> has great coverage along w/ no weaknesses -> also helps fill some of the gaps tht Hydreigon leaves open too maximize on coverage...
Mixed Sweeper/ Typing Wall
Naughty (31 Att and Def IVs)
252 Att EVs/48 Spd Evs/200 Spd EVs
- Wild Charge
- Dragon Claw
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower

Terrakion @ Life Orb/ Muscle Band -> great sweeping potential, solid def. and just overall solid pokemon -> has worked well and has been able to come in and sweep off of a rock polish
Physical Boosting Sweeper
Adamant
4 HP/252 Att/ 252 Spd
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Close Combat

Milotic @ Leftovers --> Gives the team some much needed defense, along with some hazing ability when the need arises (which happens alot)
Sleep Talking Wall
Calm
252 HP/ 240 Def/ 16 Spd
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail
- Scald

Now Onto the tricky parts- I have tried numerous combinations of lead and another pokemon but they all seem to have there pros and cons in the battles i've tested them in and could really use some help

1) Frosslass @ Focus Sash + Hitmontop(technician)@ Life orb
Timid (31 Spd&SpDef IVs) Adamant (31 Spd, Att, HP IVs)
240 SpAtt/16 SpDef/ 252 Spd 252 HP/252 Att/ 4 Spd
- Destiny Bond [] - Rapid Spin
- Spikes [] - Mach Punch
- Taunt [] - Sucker Punch
- Blizzard [] - Close Combat/ Foresight
-> I tried this first, Frosslass as lead achieved the setup like I wanted it too, consistently laid 1 to 2 layers of spikes, but couldn't take a stealth rock so Hitmontop would come in and Spin it away, and w/ great priority moves w/ a great ability he did well... BUT with frosslass would get dominated by some off the faster leads (like Accelgor) and alot of pl would setup spin walls and take out Hitmontop so I tried...

2) Forretress (Sturdy)@ Leftovers + Victini @ Leftovers
Relaxed [] Bold
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpDef 252 HP / 60 Def / 196 Spd
-Stealth Rock [] -Taunt
-Spikes [] -Focus Blast
-Rapid Spin [] -Psychic
-Volt Change [] -Will-o-Wisp
-> I tried this second, Forrestress had good defense and good layout stealth rock and spikes, then spin off the opponents and switch out, but it was much less consistent, Victini offered great support especially w/ its ability, but it in itself seemed SO repetitive, having almost one of each of its moves contained in the first four pokemon.

PLEASE help...
This is my first post sorry if it is so bad...
I've been working on this forever and could really use some nice help

haunter

Banned deucer.
You need to post a team of 6 Pokemon and your descriptions are too short. Make a new thread once you fix these problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)