First 6th Gen Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried a number of different options and combinations for my team and at the moment am using this one as is seems to be the most balanced. Bulky water types have been giving me problems but i really dont know where i can fit in any Electric or Grass moves. Salamence also seems to be a bit of a weak link in my team and there is probably a better option for his space, but i can´t really think of any which would also keep the Fire and EQ coverage. Anyway, here it is:

Double Wall Lead Counter
Espeon @ Light Clay
Magic Bounce
Timid 252 HP/252 Speed/6 SpAtk

Reflect
Light Screen
Wish
Psychic

Counters hazzard leads and switch in to bounce status and hazzards. Not sure whether i should switch Wish for Morning sun as i don't seem to be making much use of Wish although it does add to Espeon's utility.

Stall and Shut Down
Sableye @ Leftovers
Prankster
Calm 252HP/252 SpDef/6 Def

Will o Wisp
Recover
Night Shade
Confuse Ray

Priority Will o Wisp is key here and has turned the tables so many times in battle along with Confuse Ray although i realize it is more of a gamble. Recover is self-explanatory and Night Shade seems to be more consistent than Foul Play overall... I know taunt should be included in this set, but i really don't know what should be changed for it.

Offensive Defensive
Mawile @ Mawilite
Intimidate/Huge Power
Adamant 252HP/252Atk/6Def

Swords Dance
Sucker Punch
Play Rough
Iron Head

I love this set, covers so many types and can take hits and OHKO squishy opponents with ease without even 1 Swords Dance.

Shell Smash Yo Face
Cloyster @ White Herb
Skill Link
Naïve 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 SpAtk

Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Hydro Pump

Pick the right time, send him out, Smash and sweep. Great coverage with his moveset and with White Herb and his high Defense he can even take a Priority physical move and not be knocked out. Was in love with this moveset last Gen and it still seems to be amazing this Gen so far. Tried Barbaracle, but Cloyster seems to be the better option here.

Killing Me, Killing You
Gengar @ Focus Sash
Levitate
Timid 252 SpAtk/252 Speed/6 HP

Destiny Bond
Shadow Ball
Sludge Bomb
Focus Blast

Special Sweeper set with Destiny Bond to almost guarantee a kill and take down anything thats too big for him to handle with the help of Focus Sash. Can't really say much else about this set.

D... Dance!
Salamece @ Life Orb
Moxie
Naïve 252 Atk/252 Speed/6 SpAtk

Dragon Dance
Dragon Claw
Fire Blast
Earthquake

With the various weaknesses he has including FAIRY I'm not getting reliable results from this set or Salamence and Dragon moves seem to be more of a reliability now... if your opponent switches a fairy into an Outrage you are pretty much screwed. He has Fire Blast and Earthquake which is one of the better things going for him, but it is harder to sweep with him now and I think i should possibly change the set or switch him for something else as i have to other potential Physical Sweepers in my team.

You do know there is dragonite? Salamanca has always been a nice staple but with dragonite you get a pseudo mon who has access to fire punch and earthquake? With dnites multi scale he would work out as a much better dragon for your team. Unfortunately we don't
have acces yet to its priority extreme speed but as for now you should really consider switching dragons

I was considering Goodra and Garchomp, but i hadn't thought about Dragonite... Would you use a DDance set with him? Are Dragons still worth using? Especially the flying/dragon ones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)