First attempt at a competitive team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. Before I begin, this team is currently in a Fourth Gen Soul Silver game. Once my White game has the E4 finished, I will be moving it onto fifth generation.

Currently, the team is EV trained and nature/Ability picked. I have not attempted to use Pokemon with perfect IVs.

All will be used at Lv 100.

Dragonite @ ?
252 HP / 206 Spe / 52 Atk
Jolly, Inner Focus (Is it possible to change his ability in dream world or will I have to retrain to get multiscale?)

Outrage, Dragon Dance, Thunder Punch - (Wing Attack) - Wing attack will be removed, maybe for Ice Punch or a more reliable Physical dragon move, maybe even fire punch in case of steel types like Scizor and perl.

Dragonite is a bulky damage dealer (sweeper?) in this team. I know that against everything but steel he will do a decent amount of damage.

Scizor @ ?
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Technician

Swords Dance, Bug Bite, Uturn and Bullet punch

I love both bug bite and Bullet punch for their STAB/Tech power of 135. Swords dance only helps to increase this. 252 Spe EVs help to allow the pokemon to outspeed things that bugs are good against, although I guess I must be wary of psychic/dark/fire/electric/water types with priority moves and bullet punchers, not that they should be using it against a steel type anyway.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Adamant Intimidate

Uturn, Brave bird, Close combat and fly (he is still my utility outside of competitive play.)

Should be fairly obvious in role, it takes on a leadership position and runs ahead of the line, hopefully able to outspeed in uturn choice scarf and let me set up an opponent for the fight at hand. Being a staraptor, I wouldn't be afraid to throw it away, since in the end it will die rather quickly.

Alakazam @ ?
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4Def
Modest, (Synchronise)

Focus Blast, Psychic, Calm Mind and ?

A Special coverage sweeper.

Typhlosion @ ?
252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Rash/Mild (Blaze)

Flamethrower, Eruption, (Earthquake) (Swift)

A fire-type who's only here because I have him. I'd love to keep him on but he isn't the best fire type available. if you can give me a better firetype that's in OU or lower, I'll look into him.

Tyranitar
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Sand stream

Earthquake, Crunch, Stone edge and stealth rock

I like the tyrant. I don't know if he's any good as he is.

How is this list? I don't think it works well together. I've put together pokemon I like for themselves and haven't really thought about them as a team. if anyone's willing to help me understand what I'm doing wrong, it'd be greatly appreciated!

it looks fine! there r a few things that could be changed, 2 get multiscale, u r goind 2 have 2 get a new dragonite, but once u get 1, try using fire punch over thunderpunch and roost over wing attack.

You need to rework how you've listed your team and add some better descriptions or the thread will be locked by a mod. Most people set up their Pokemon description like this:

Dragonite (F) Lum Berry
Ability - Multiscale
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Even without the picture, that set-up is far easier on the eyes and easier to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)