First Attempt at OU Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm really new to competitive battling (haven't battled anyone yet), but I found Smogon and have been reading for the past few weeks. This is my first attempt at an OU team, and I want to do it on my SoulSilver game.

Basically the idea behind it is to load up on the residual damages and entry hazards. Again, this may be some noob strategy, but here was my attempt.

Please be forgiving of the formatting. I can change it if there's some protocol I should be following.

Lead: Forretress
Careful Nature
Shed Shell
Sturdy
252 HP/4 Def/252 SpD

Spikes
Stealth Rock
Rapid Spin
Payback/Explosion

I liked the idea of the Specially Defensive Forretress. I think Payback works better to take away anti-spinners and keep Forretress alive, since he is also my spinner, but suicide lead seems interesting too. I would go with Payback right now.

Support: Tentacruel
Relaxed Nature
Black Sludge
252 HP/120 Def/136 SpD
Clear Body

Toxic Spikes
Barrier
Sludge Bomb
Hydro Pump

So I ran into a shiny Tentacool in the wild and caught it. Turns out it has some nice IVs (29/12/26/12/31/24), so I'd like to use it. I think this set is nice. I'm just not sure how to spread EVs, so I'm copying some other sets Smogon has. Any help there is appreciated.

Spinblocker/Tank: Dusknoir
Impish Nature
Leftovers
252 HP/28 Atk/228 Def
Pressure

Pain Split
Fire Punch
Thunder Punch
Shadow Sneak

Because I have Toxic Spikes, I felt I didn't need Will-o-wisp. I know the Toxic Spikes won't be up all the time, but I need the Fire type move, as you'll see I don't have any answer for Scizor (I don't think), unless I move Fire Punch to Tyranitar. I thought Shadow Sneak would take the place of Will-o-wisp nicely, but I can definitely bring the burn back for insurance.

Physical Sweeper/Sandstorm: Tyranitar
Adamant Nature
Choice Band
180 HP/252 Atk/76 Spe
Sand Stream

Stone Edge
Crunch
Pursuit
Earthquake/Aqua Tail/Fire Punch

Awesome physical attacker, and it sets up the sandstorm, which would add more to the residual damages I'm trying to set up. Earthquake would be the only questionable move here, and although I'm not sold, I like it. Aqua Tail may be nice as well, as Tentacruel has my only other water attack, but it has lower accuracy and power. It is a serious consideration though, as I've included Earthquake in the moveset below.

Mixed Attacker: Metagross
Quiet Nature
Expert Belt
80 HP/124 Atk/252 SpA/52 Spe
Clear Body

Meteor Mash
Psychic
Earthquake
Grass Knot

I love Metagross, and I love the idea of the mixed attacker. Not sure about the Expert Belt because I've already used Leftovers, but I like this set. Actually getting Hidden Power Fire through breeding, along with nature and decent IVs would be very hard, so I don't think I want to try.

Special Attacker: Porygon-Z
Modest Nature
Life Orb
4 Def/252 SpA/252 Spe
Adaptability

Tri Attack
Dark Pulse
Nasty Plot
Agility

This one is my biggest question mark. I want a special sweeper, but Porygon-Z is a bit slow. Now if I end up with a Porygon with decent IVs and a useful Hidden Power, I'll use Hidden Power in exchange for one of the stat boosting moves. I'd probably get rid of Agility. However, I am prepared to scrap Porygon-Z altogether if I find a better special sweeper. I actually sorta like the idea of Agility and Nasty Plot together, but he definitely lacks coverage.

So that's it. My other option along with all these is to add a Trick Room element to it (replace Agility on Porygon-Z and maybe Shadow Sneak on Dusknoir and slow everyone down). I'm still trying to lay the foundation here, but any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

RMT rules:
PLAY WITH YOUR TEAM BEFORE PUTTING IT UP FOR RATE. We as a community cannot emphasize this enough. No one wants to rate the team that you freshly created while eating breakfast or the gimmick you randomly put together. We as a community want teams that have been battle tested so that the obvious flaws have been hammered out. We as a community cannot emphasize this enough. No one wants to rate the team that you freshly created while eating breakfast or the gimmick you randomly put together. We as a community want teams that have been battle tested so that the obvious flaws have been hammered out.
Since you yourself stated you haven't played anyone with this team yet then this'll get locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)