SM OU First Competetive OU Team! (V2 CREATION IN PROGRESS)

Hey Howdy Hey Everyone!

With Sun and Moon coming out, I was not really sure how I felt about Pokemon anymore. I had my doubts about it all, but I looked into the game. I saw the final battle between the protagonist and Lusamine, and immediately realized that I needed to get a copy of this game. I have not made it very far into the game, but I wanted to get back into the Meta and hopefully increase my skill level as a competitive Pokemon player. I know there are some problems and weaknesses with this team, but that is what this thread is for. I have made a few adjustments to this team compared to what it started out as, but hopefully, with a little bit of help, I can improve the quality of this team.

When going over the team, forgive me if I sound like a total idiot. I played very competetively in the past with ORAS, but it has been a while, so I am a bit rusty. I have played with this team several times on the Showdown Ladder, so I am getting used to the Sun and Moon OU Metagame. However, while I do not know the terminology that well, I want to improve as much as possible, so if I made a mistake in my explanation, then I sincerely apologize.

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

I started building this team off the notion of, "What is a good offensive Pokemon that I can stick on this team." and Tapu Koko is what came to mind. This is easily one of the hardest hitting, and most diverse members of this team, due to its move set, and EV's. It's EV's allow it to outspeed some of the fastest Pokemon in the OU tier, such as Greninja, Gengar, and Dugtrio. It's high special attack allows it to 1-2HKO opponents such as Tapu Fini, Landorus-T, and Mega Gyarados. The first, and most obvious move, I added, was Thunderbolt. This move hits hard, especially in the Electric Terrain and boosted by the Magnet. It does massive damage to most opponents, and while there are some opponents that it can't hit with that move, the other moves cover those Pokemon that Thunderbolt will not effect as much. U-turn was added for diversity. With the increase in ground types in the new meta, Volt Switch is not as effective as U-turn in my opinion. With U-turn, it is easier to get the switch in advantage over Pokemon such as Lando-T, Dugtrio, and Zygarde. HP-Ice was added to counter threats such as Lando-T, (as you can clearly see, Tapu Koko, was made to mainly counter Lando-T) and Garchomp. Finally, Taunt was added to get the edge on the increasing threat of Set-Up Pokemon.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

The next main thing I wanted to get on my team, was a decent amount of bulk. Without a decent supporter Pokemon to set up Hazards and take attacks from hard hitting Pokemon, it becomes very difficult to win. I decided to go with Toxapex for a couple of reasons. First reason being for Regenerator. With the amount of Switching I personally do, this will come in handy when I need to switch out my Pokemon. The first move I chose was Scald. I went with this, opposed to Sludge Bomb, because of the presence of steel types such as Celesteela, Ferrothorn, and Kartana, while Scald hits all of them, despite it being ineffective. The added burn effect is also helpful to cripple down defensive threats that may be sent my way. Haze was added to remove the constant boosts in attack by the U-B's in the OU meta. Recover explains itself. I finally chose Toxic Spikes because a status ailment constantly setting a timer on the opposing threat, would honestly be more beneficial than doing constant damage each time. Poison can't be removed unless the opponent is running Aromatherapy, and the chances of that is very low. While there are flying Pokemon that can avoid Toxic Spikes, Tapu Koko will most likely deal with them in one or two hits.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Before anyone gives me crap for putting to Guardian Deities on my team, hear me out, because I actually had a good reason for it. The primary reason that I put Tapu Lele on my team, was to not only provide another type of terrain for when Tapu Koko gets knocked out, but to also allow me to cancel out priority attacks. This does weaken one Pokemon on my team, but I will get to that later in the post. When it comes to the moveset, I wanted another hard hitting Special Attacker, so I decided to go all out with Choice Specs. First, I went with Psychic. Obviously, this move is not only STAB, but is also one of the strongest psychic type attacks in the game, so this allows me to hit pretty hard against opponents such as Nihilego, Toxapex and A-Marowak. Next, I went with Moonblast, mainly for the same reasons as Psychic. One of the strongest Fairy Type moves, STAB, etc. Next I went with Psyshock. Since I currently have no hard hitting Physical moves, and my Special attack was already sky high, I decided that I would add psyshock to break down those specially defensive pokemon with a physically defensive move. Finally, since Tapu Lele is a Fairy type, there would be the threats of Steel Types. With HP-Fire combined with Choice Specs, most Steel Pokemon get 1-2HKO'ed on a switch in. I could see Lele getting replaced, but I don't think it will happen.

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Next, I noticed that I had too much offense. 2 special attackers, would allow opponents to come in with Physical attacks and take down my special wall without issue. I decided that I would go with Mega Venusaur, since it would not only put a mega on my team, but it would also provide a decent amount of physical bulk. There is not much I can really say about its moveset, since it is pretty standard. Giga Drain would do a lot of damage, and allow me to restore my health. Sludge Bomb is a good special attacking, STAB poison type move that has a chance to inflict poison. Synthesis would allow me to stall out the game, if absolutely nessecary. Finally, HP-Fire allows me to hit Pokemon like Celesteela, Kartana, and Tapu Bulu, if the opponent decides to swap out and bring one of those in. Since Mega Venusaur is a pretty standard mega, there is not much more explaining that I could do. I do however, see MV getting replaced if needed with a better Mega.

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Giga Drain

The next Pokemon I chose originally started out as a more personal choice, but quickly turned into an essential asset to this team. I had been hearing about these, "Ultra Beasts" and decided that Celesteela looked the coolest. (I know, it's a retarded reason to pick a Pokemon) However, I quickly learned that its diverse movepool, made it an unpredictable threat to the other team. The coverage of moves that were used commonly in the metagame, made me realize that this Pokemon had a much larger purpose than just looking cool. I decided to give it as much of a diverse movepool as I could. I began with Autotomize, because if I predict a switch correctly, I can easily set up, and take lives with the increased speed, and Beast Boosts. Next, I chose Air Slash. I picked this because it was really the only STAB flying move that it got that fit the meta. Next is Flash Cannon. I originally had Fire Blast on it, because I thought it covered a lot, but when I took a closer look, Flash Cannon covered a lot more than Fire Blast did, simply because no Player would be stupid enough to leave a Grass or Steel type in on a Celesteela. With Flash Cannon, I can catch Pokemon like Nihilego off guard. Finally, I added Giga Drain, so in case Pokemon like Tapu Fini, Keldeo, or Greninja came in, I would have some sort of way to stop them from causing too much trouble. I have my doubts about Celesteela on this team, but hey, that is what this thread is for isn't it? :P

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Finally, I wanted another hard hitter. While I have plenty of offensive Pokemon on my team, I noticed that they were all special attackers. I needed some sort of physical attacker to deal with special defensive Pokemon such as Tapu Fini, Latios, and Hoopa-O. I decided to go with Crawdaunt, because while this Pokemon is in the UU tier, it hits like a f***ing truck in most cases with Adaptability and its massive attack stat. Most of the moves I chose, have rather obvious reasons. Knock off is to get rid of the opponents item. Aqua Jet is for a priority move. The 2 strange moves I picked, are Crunch and Waterfall. I chose Crunch over Superpower, because most people would expect you to have Superpower over an other move, so this is to catch the opponent off guard more than anything. I chose Waterfall over Crabhammer, because I want the chance to flinch. Sure, there are some cases, where having the extra 10 base power would come in handy, but I personally think that the 20% chance to flinch will come in handy when you least expect it. Crawdaunt is easily the most controversial member of this team, simply because there are a lot of better options.

(I do not have any definitive Damage Calcs for any of these mons, because I am going off experience in prior battles.)

The only MAJOR weakness that I can currently see with my team, is that it gets COMPLETELY destroyed by an Earthquake or Thunderbolt, and seeing as how most mons in the OU teir run these moves, I have a very large weakness to this. Other minor weakness that I see, are Scarfed Lando-T, the fact that I run priority on a team with Tapu Lele, and the fact that I do not have enough bulk on my team.

Now I know there is one person asking, "If you know your weaknesses, then why ask for help on fixing them?" Well I am not very experienced in the OU meta, so I have no idea how to counter these looming threats.

Please feel free to comment! I love getting feedback, and it will most likely be beneficial to helping me climb the OU ladder on Showdown. I will probably make a variety of adjustments and different teams depending on the suggestions you all give, so feel free to give your opinion! I am very friendly, so I will not at all attack you for your view on this team!

Have a great day everyone!

Tapu Koko @ Magnet
Ability: Electric Surge
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Venusaur (M) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 88 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
Modest Nature
- Autotomize
- Air Slash
- Flash Cannon
- Giga Drain

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch

Last edited:
The problem I see with your team is that you both don't have hazards and and have no way to get rid of your opponent's. This makes it almost impossible to break stall since yet can switch with immunity especially since both your breakers are choices. You also have a good match against set-up sweepers after their checks have been weakened/eliminated. Double dance Lando sweeps after Celesteela/Venasaur have been neutered and it's out of KO range for Aqua Jet or Crawdaunt has been eliminated. Shift gear Magearna, both Charizards, Volcarona, and Mega Pinsir all do a ton of damage to your team or sweep rather easily as well and DD Zygrade automatically wins.

I don't really have a solution for these without completely changing the make-up of your team. Just some things to think about.

The problem I see with your team is that you both don't have hazards and and have no way to get rid of your opponent's. This makes it almost impossible to break stall since yet can switch with immunity especially since both your breakers are choices. You also have a good match against set-up sweepers after their checks have been weakened/eliminated. Double dance Lando sweeps after Celesteela/Venasaur have been neutered and it's out of KO range for Aqua Jet or Crawdaunt has been eliminated. Shift gear Magearna, both Charizards, Volcarona, and Mega Pinsir all do a ton of damage to your team or sweep rather easily as well and DD Zygrade automatically wins.

I don't really have a solution for these without completely changing the make-up of your team. Just some things to think about.
Thank you for taking some time to look at this! I really appreciate the feedback.

I did notice that I am lacking in hazards. I am one of those players that likes to hit hard, and get out, so I do not really focus on hazards a lot. I do have Toxic Spikes on Toxapex, but from the way your comment sounded, it wasn't enough.

As for the set-up sweepers, I do have Tapu Koko/Lele to keep those in check, since most of their moves 1-2HKO most of the Pokemon that you mentioned, but as you said, once they are gone, there is no way to deal with them.

If you need to change the entire makeup of my team to fix the solution, then go right ahead! I am taking as many suggestions as possible, and am open to all options. The only thing that I request is that Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele remain on the team, since those 2 hit the hardest in the games that I have played, and will allow me to always have some sort of terrian set up.

Thanks once again for the comment!

TEAM OVERVIEW: Honestly this is a pretty interesting team overall but it does have some pretty big errors in my opinion. The biggest one being no stealth rocks. Every team needs stealth rocks, they are an insanely powerful tool for pressuring your opponent especially if they have something like Volcarona or Charizard. Crawdaunt is less out of left field than you might think because banded aqua jet always ohkos Volcarona which is a legitimate niche. Overall the team is pretty solid it has some issues dealing with Zygarde and Mega Medicham but those can easily be remedied. The stall matchup is less than ideal as well but it doesn't have a lot of the flaws you seem to think it does. Venusaur is a decent check to common electric types and Celesteela is able to abuse most ground types for setup other than Zygarde. I'm going to make 1 major change (1) and 2 minor changes (a,b) to this team to help round it out.

1) Now firstly you need rocks and something to deal with Zygarde and Medicham. Which basically only leaves one mon. I'd recommend that you swap out Toxapex for Mew as it's already doing a lot of the things you'd expect Venusaur to do anyway. It'll give you rocks and a decent switch in for things like Zygarde Medicham and Lele. You don't really need Toxapex to deal with Volcarona either as you have Crawdaunt's aqua jet for that.
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

a) Celesteela doesn't really benefit from flash cannon ever. There are some heavy slam sweeper sets with groundium to catch stuff like Toxapex and Heatran off guard but that's as close as steel coverage gets. Generally speaking you are better off with fireblast or flamethrower to hit things like Ferrothorn, other Celesteela and Scizor as well as other troublesome steel types.

b) Run crab hammer on Crawdaunt not waterfall. It's there to break teams open and that extra 20bp is important for that. It's a huge difference on something as powerful as Crawdaunt. The flinch chance is honestly not worth it over the raw power especially considering that Crawdaunt basically kills anything slower than it anyway so you wont even need to flinch. Also I would make it adamant, jolly doesn't really out speed anything that you need it to.

Additionally you might want to run Scarf Lele over specs to help out with stuff like Pinsir but honestly you should be able to bluff it pretty well considering how the team will look in team preview. I would expect you to be scarf Lele and play accordingly. You have Mew now as well so it's not a huge deal either way.

Last edited:
TEAM OVERVIEW: Honestly this is a pretty interesting team overall but it does have some pretty big errors in my opinion. The biggest one being no stealth rocks. Every team needs stealth rocks, they are an insanely powerful tool for pressuring your opponent especially if they have something like Volcarona or Charizard. Crawdaunt is less out of left field than you might think because banded aqua jet always ohkos Volcarona which is a legitimate niche. Overall the team is pretty solid it has some issues dealing with Zygarde and Mega Medicham but those can easily be remedied. The stall matchup is less than ideal as well but it doesn't have a lot of the flaws you seem to think it does. Venusaur is a decent check to common electric types and Celesteela is able to abuse most ground types for setup other than Zygarde. I'm going to make 1 major change (1) and 2 minor changes (a,b) to this team to help round it out.

1) Now firstly you need rocks and something to deal with Zygarde and Medicham. Which basically only leaves one mon. I'd recommend that you swap out Toxapex for Mew as it's already doing a lot of the things you'd expect Venusaur to do anyway. It'll give you rocks and a decent switch in for things like Zygarde Medicham and Lele. You don't really need Toxapex to deal with Volcarona either as you have Crawdaunt's aqua jet for that.
Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 72 Def / 140 SpD / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Ice Beam
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock

a) Celesteela doesn't really benefit from flash cannon ever. There are some heavy slam sweeper sets with groundium to catch stuff like Toxapex and Heatran off guard but that's as close as steel coverage gets. Generally speaking you are better off with fireblast or flamethrower to hit things like Ferrothorn, other Celesteela and Scizor as well as other troublesome steel types.

b) Run crab hammer on Crawdaunt not waterfall. It's there to break teams open and that extra 20bp is important for that. It's a huge difference on something as powerful as Crawdaunt. The flinch chance is honestly not worth it over the raw power especially considering that Crawdaunt basically kills anything slower than it anyway so you wont even need to flinch. Also I would make it adamant, jolly doesn't really out speed anything that you need it to.

Additionally you might want to run Scarf Lele over specs to help out with stuff like Pinsir but honestly you should be able to bluff it pretty well considering how the team will look in team preview. I would expect you to be scarf Lele and play accordingly. You have Mew now as well so it's not a huge deal either way.
Thanks a ton for the feedback!

Another comment stated that I was lacking in set-up hazards, and I completely agree. I am one of those players that likes to do a ton of damage, and then get out, so I don't really take hazards into account while doing so. I had Toxapex since it was generally a very specially defensive Pokemon, but I completely forgot about Mew while looking for one. Aditionally, Mew has very few weaknesses, so that is probably a better option for me anyway.

I placed Flash Cannon on Celesteela to help me sweep Pokemon like Lele, Clefable, and Nihilego. I knew about the weakness of other pesky steel types like Scizor, but I figured that putting HP-Fire on both Venusaur and Lele would take care of that, but I forgot that Swords Danced Bullet Punch was a thing.

In heinsight, running Crabhammer was probably a better idea than Waterfall, since it only has a 10% chance to flinch. I also appreciate the suggestion of running Adamant, since it will help me punch a few more holes in the opposing team.

You are probably right about running scarf over specs as well. I ran specs to help me deal more damage, but I should have figured that with most of my moves being STAB, I would have done enough damage. I aditionally have also had problems with Pokemon like M-Lopunny, Gengar, and A-Greninja, so a choice scarf would probably help me deal with those.

Thank you very very much for the advice and comment. I will test this out and see if it works better for me! :D

Last edited:
I very much like Crawdaunt in the team, one of my favorite pokemon to use. I was looking at the team and noticing that Mega Gallade+Mega Medicham would run house once its SD is up and Tapu Koko is removed and if the Mega Medicham is running Zen and not Thunder+Ice Punch, allowing it to break through Mega Venusaur. In addition, Mega Gardevoir, although more uncommon, poses a threat once Celesteela is chipped/KOd and Tapu Koko is KOd.

Mega Gallade Calcs:
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 454-535 (135.5 - 159.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In order to remedy this I agree in the change of Toxapex into Mew, allowing a resist for both of Mega Gallade's STAB moves+allowing it to Wisp back, rendering it useless.
+2 Gallade does not 2HKO Mew unless it runs knock off course.
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Shadow Sneak vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 178-210 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 428-504 (106.7 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Another way to check the Gallade/Medicham weakness is to run Scarf over Specs on Tapu Lele
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 276-326 (99.2 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 356-422 (136.3 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir-Mega: 136-160 (49 - 57.7%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
For Tapu Lele, I would suggest replacing either Psyshock or Psychic for Shadow Ball in order to hit things like Gengar, Mega Bannette, Mega Gardevoir, Alolan-Marowak, Mew, Alakazam/Mega Alakazam, and other Tapu Leles.

Mega Medicham Calcs:
Mega Medicham can also abuse your own Electric Terrain if it has Thunder Punch in order to break Mew, however.
W/ Electric Terrain:
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 191-225 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 174-205 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
W/O Electric Terrain:
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 127-150 (31.6 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 116-137 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Gardevoir Calcs:
252+ SpA Gardevoir-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 170-202 (50.7 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gardevoir-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 156-184 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Gardevoir-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 88 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 278-330 (76.5 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Gardevoir-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Toxapex: 248-294 (81.5 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Gardevoir-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Toxapex: 228-270 (75 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 240 HP / 140 SpD Mew: 202-238 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 240 HP / 140 SpD Mew: 184-217 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 4.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

TL;DR: Scarf Lele over Specs Lele, Mew over Toxapex, Shadow Ball on Lele while keeping the HP Fire.

I very much like Crawdaunt in the team, one of my favorite pokemon to use. I was looking at the team and noticing that Mega Gallade+Mega Medicham would run house once its SD is up and Tapu Koko is removed and if the Mega Medicham is running Zen and not Thunder+Ice Punch, allowing it to break through Mega Venusaur. In addition, Mega Gardevoir, although more uncommon, poses a threat once Celesteela is chipped/KOd and Tapu Koko is KOd.

Mega Gallade Calcs:
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Celesteela: 454-535 (135.5 - 159.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
In order to remedy this I agree in the change of Toxapex into Mew, allowing a resist for both of Mega Gallade's STAB moves+allowing it to Wisp back, rendering it useless.
+2 Gallade does not 2HKO Mew unless it runs knock off course.
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Shadow Sneak vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 178-210 (44.3 - 52.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
+2 252 Atk Gallade-Mega Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 428-504 (106.7 - 125.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Another way to check the Gallade/Medicham weakness is to run Scarf over Specs on Tapu Lele
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Gallade-Mega: 276-326 (99.2 - 117.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega: 356-422 (136.3 - 161.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Tapu Lele Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Gardevoir-Mega: 136-160 (49 - 57.7%) -- 94.9% chance to 2HKO
For Tapu Lele, I would suggest replacing either Psyshock or Psychic for Shadow Ball in order to hit things like Gengar, Mega Bannette, Mega Gardevoir, Alolan-Marowak, Mew, Alakazam/Mega Alakazam, and other Tapu Leles.

Mega Medicham Calcs:
Mega Medicham can also abuse your own Electric Terrain if it has Thunder Punch in order to break Mew, however.
W/ Electric Terrain:
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 191-225 (47.6 - 56.1%) -- 25.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew in Electric Terrain: 174-205 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
W/O Electric Terrain:
252+ Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 127-150 (31.6 - 37.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega Thunder Punch vs. 240 HP / 72+ Def Mew: 116-137 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- 99.2% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Mega Gardevoir Calcs:
252+ SpA Gardevoir-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 170-202 (50.7 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Gardevoir-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Celesteela: 156-184 (46.5 - 54.9%) -- 61.3% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Gardevoir-Mega Psychic vs. 248 HP / 88 SpD Venusaur-Mega: 278-330 (76.5 - 90.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Gardevoir-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Toxapex: 248-294 (81.5 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Gardevoir-Mega Psychic vs. 252 HP / 192 SpD Toxapex: 228-270 (75 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252+ SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 240 HP / 140 SpD Mew: 202-238 (50.3 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Pixilate Gardevoir-Mega Hyper Voice vs. 240 HP / 140 SpD Mew: 184-217 (45.8 - 54.1%) -- 4.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

TL;DR: Scarf Lele over Specs Lele, Mew over Toxapex, Shadow Ball on Lele while keeping the HP Fire.
Thank you very much for taking some time to look over this team!

I did notice that Mega Gardevoir would be pretty much the only problem I faced. When it comes to MMedicham and MGallade, I changed up the set so that I am running Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs so that I would outsspeed MGallade. I am not, however, running Shadow Ball to deal with MGardevoir, so I will take that into account for the future. (Yes I know I need to update the thread. I will probably make an entirely new one at this point.)

I have, also, replaced Toxapex with Mew, and it is currently working a lot better for me. However, I also have a team that runs a defensive Nihilego set instead of Mew, and that has also worked very well for me. I will probably alternate between the 2, unless there is a downside to using one over the other.

Thank you once again for taking some time to look over this team. I will take what you brought up into account, and hopefully it will help me out a bit! :D

Thank you very much for taking some time to look over this team!

I did notice that Mega Gardevoir would be pretty much the only problem I faced. When it comes to MMedicham and MGallade, I changed up the set so that I am running Choice Scarf instead of Choice Specs so that I would outsspeed MGallade. I am not, however, running Shadow Ball to deal with MGardevoir, so I will take that into account for the future. (Yes I know I need to update the thread. I will probably make an entirely new one at this point.)

I have, also, replaced Toxapex with Mew, and it is currently working a lot better for me. However, I also have a team that runs a defensive Nihilego set instead of Mew, and that has also worked very well for me. I will probably alternate between the 2, unless there is a downside to using one over the other.

Thank you once again for taking some time to look over this team. I will take what you brought up into account, and hopefully it will help me out a bit! :D
The only issue I have with Defensive Nihilego is that Banded Zygarde becomes too much of an issue for the team. Check the calc:
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 248 HP / 156 Def Venusaur-Mega: 148-175 (40.7 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Zygarde Banded does really well versus your team once Lele+Koko are KOd
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Celesteela: 196-232 (58.5 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt: 307-363 (114.9 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Crawdaunt: 231-273 (86.5 - 102.2%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

With Mew, the pressure is taken off of Venusaur in taking Thousand Arrows and the wisp is VERY helpful vs Zygarde.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)