First Ever Competitive Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, first off this is my first attempt ever to use a competitive pokemon team, I have looked around at other teams and realized there is no perfect team, and there are items one must consider for roles of certain pokemon, but for now I'm just going with what my Pearl and Black Version can provide me. This team I've made has been my in-game team, so as such I do not know their EV or IV status sorry, but I will list their current status as I think all of them have maxed out their EVS. Now, my goal with this team was to be as offensive as possible, picking the strongest pokemon I could find. With that, here's what I came up with;

1)

Infernape (Shiny)
Lv 73, Adamant nature
(Hp:215 Atk:198 Def:130 Spatk:151 Spdef:126 Speed:201
Ability:Blaze Item:Scope Lens
Brick Break
Flame Wheel
Flare Blitz
Close Combat

Main Reason why I wanted to make team in the first place, he was a power house when I got him but hasn't been doing so good online.

2)

Excadrill
Lv70, Relaxed Nature
(Hp:258, Atk:210, Def:104, Sp Atk: 85, Sp Def:98, Speed:133)
Ability: Sand Rush, Item:Shell Bell
X-Scissor
Poison Jab
Earthquake
Sword Dance

Really good physical sweeper, but his weakness to ground, fire, water has been unfortunate and made me not want to run him at times

3)
Archeops
Lv70, Serious Nature
(Hp:201, Atk:251, Def: 116, Sp Atk:182, Sp Def:110, Speed:198)
Ability:Defeatist, Item:Razor Fang
Fly
Rock Slide
U-turn
Dragon Claw

Another Physical Sweeper, her ability is a downer but thats why i put u-turn in her move set. Major weakness to ice and thunder moves.

4)
Volcarona
Lv70, Mild Nature
(Hp:206, Atk:100, Def:102, Sp Atk:213, Sp Def:155, Speed:159)
Ability:Flame Body, Item:Silver Powder
Psychic
Quiver Dance
Heat Wave
Bug Buzz

My Special Sweeper, gave it psychic to combat fighting types i guess. Weak to flying, ground, rock, water.

5)
Samurott
lv70, Jolly Nature
(Hp:229, Atk:203, Def:154, Sp Atk:154, Sp Def:123, Speed:148)
Ability: Torrent, Item:Bright Powder
Sword Dance
Megahorn
Ice Beam
Waterfall

I really wanted a good water pokemon in this game, so I chose Samurott as my Starter and he's grown into a good physical beater for me. Ice beam is for dragon/grass/flying types and the occasional freeze. Sword Dance +Waterfall/Megahorn has been amazing for me. Weak to Grass and Thunder.

6)
Ferrothorn
Lv56, Docile Nature
(Hp:161, Atk:128, Def:157, Sp Atk:69, Sp Def:139, Speed:34)
Ability:Iron Barbs, Item:Leftovers
Iron Defense
Rest
Toxic
Gyro Ball

Finally, I chose Ferrothorn because I believed I needed some sort of defense, and he seemed good and covered type coverage. I think he's the most competitive on the team atm.

So yeah, this is my team, I believe it will get rated pretty badly with all the blatant weakness's to it, but still would like rating and possible pokemon to switch around for others, as I said, this is my first time posting here, so please give sound advice thankyou.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I'm sorry but your team is just too uncompetitive to be posted here. I suggest that you consider signing up to the next round of the battling101 program. Welcome to Smogon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)