Other First Legit Rmt: FU (The New OM) [Reached top 10 on the ladder]

Hi, SacredGengar here coming to you with a very nice FU Rmt, since i know there isn't that much of them yet i wanted to be one of the first few to do one (if i even am haha). So lets get to the team!

F U (Slaking) @ Choice Band
Ability: Truant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Night Slash
- Return
- Retaliate

So i started off with a Slaking which i know doesn't get much notice right now but it is a great pokemon!, when it comes to a Normal typing, in FU. This pokemons role is mainly to be a 1HKO'ing type of Pokemon or just a revenge killer which works best with Retaliate! So the reason i have this moveset is because; Earthquake is very good for hitting hard anyways, though its mainly meant to hit fire types really hard and actually can 1HKO most Fire types, the least, all Fire types unless they have Levitate. Night Slash is meant to hit Ghost typing pokemon really hard, and this works very great against Gourgeist-S! And then i have, Return and Retaliate which are just great powerful Stab moves that are meant to just revenge kill or hit a non-Ghost type really hard.

F U (Spritzee) @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Protect
- Moonblast

So now i was thinking i need a good wish passer to help with my team, so i picked this little pink blob. While this is one of the best wish passers in the FU teir, i had to pick this beast!, while its just a good status helper over all. Now to the set, of course i have wish because it heals a lot of my pokes on a switch in very well! While on this team i know there is so much toxic spike spams with Pineco or Whirlipede now that I've seen, Heal Bell helps a ton to this team, as well its for me healing maybe my burned Slaking or anything else on my team or even maybe Spritzee herself. Then i have protect to stop other Slaking's maybe while if i need more health i can take advantage of my Wish. Lastly, i have Moonblast for Stab and also so that i can maybe kill something that doesn't have a chance to kill me. Overall this pokemon is one of the MVP's along with Slaking.

F U (Simisear) @ Leftovers
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Will-O-Wisp Substitute
- Nasty Plot

So then i had the idea that i needed a hard hitter/maybe sweeper, which Simisear can do great for this team! Thanks to its Moves, Stats, and Typing. Like i said before this is a great sweeper but also maybe a life saver thanks to Will-o-wisp! This Simisear works great with Emolga which is the next pokemon, because emolga is a flying type and since there is a lot of pokemon that get access to eq, which Simisear is weak to pretty much the most, they are a great couple of synergy is that way! Now to the moveset, i know there really isn't any attacking moves with 100% accuracy but since this thing is meant for hitting hard its worth it, while then Will-o-wisp again just for its great help in hand and Nasty Plot basically helps with sweeping for this pokemon!

F U (Emolga) @ Leftovers
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave Nuzzle
- Thunderbolt
- Roost

So i picked this pokemon after Simisear because they are a great synergy together (like i said before) while this thing is basically a stop to most Electric types like maybe electibuzz depending if it is scarfed or not but over all Emolga is very good! The main role of this pokemon is to take eq's which it is immune to but it also works best with slowing down pokemons and maybe being a little trolley! Now for its moveset i needed Stab moves such as Air Slash and Thunderbolt to hit certain pokemons very hard while at the same time airslash also has a 30% chance to flinch and that combo with the Thunder Wave works a lot and that's why i said this can be trolley, also Thunder Wave is great for slowing down threats! For the last move slot though, i picked Roost so i can maybe stall with some Toxic's that the next pokemon on this team carries. While its good when i need to Roost maybe when someone is going to switch out while i can take advantage and while im low on health. One last thing that i forgot is it works great against Ninjask or Shedinja!

F U (Wartortle) @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Toxic
- Haze

So for this team i needed a good rapid spinner while help for my FWG core that thought of doing then because its great synergy for this team! Now for roles its meant to be a physical stalley wall with the help of Spritzee's Wishes and the Haze that works best for resetting a sweepers stats or even my own for the benefit. Now for the moveset i of course used Rapid Spin because i needed something to get SR or Spikes off my side of the field. Then i have Stab Scald to maybe burn something which would help a lot in most situations and also to maybe hit hard on ground types and fire types and ect. Then i have Toxic for the stalling of taking down a certain threat or just to get damage off even on a non threat pokemon. Then i have Haze which yes restores/resets your stats and your opponents stats and this works best on the Huntail, the "Sweeper"/Baton Passer to sweep with something else! This Wartortle set is a solid help for this team so i'd say this is the 3rd and last main MVP of this team!

F U (Gourgeist-Small) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Substitute

Now this is my last pokemon i picked, it works great with the FWG core that i wanted to do and is also great against physical sweepers such as Fraxure which is a main threat in the FU teir and in my opinion should be banned but shouldn't because there is this beast right here! The role of this pokemon is too break down alot of pokemon with Will-o-wisp and Leech Seed while being a annoying wall, and is great because it has Priority which you always need on every team to help you alot! Now to its moves, Will-o-wisp is great for physical sweepers and ect. While Leech Seed is great for recovering hp of this pokemon or another on the team from a switch out! Then i have Shadow Sneak that has helped me a lot with sweepers on this team. Then Substitute to have a more better chance of getting any of my status moves off as well as i can take advantage against certain sweepers that cant break my substitute, then i can Leech Seed and spam Shadow Sneak for extra damage! But ya a very great mon in the FU teir and on this team!

And ya i know i have made bad Rmt's the wrong way in the past (only 2 that weren't legit) because i was new then but i'm really gonna get into these now since i read all the rules and understand them! Also if you can tell me your thoughts below of what you think of this rmt while how you think i explained it well or not that be very grateful. And also thanks for reading! :toast: (Also tell me if you wanna see more!) [Edits have been done]

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
I can't really say much that'll help considering that I know nothing about FU but it looks really interesting and I've been thinking about getting in to it. On paper though it looks really nice n_n

pancake

movement and location
is a Contributor Alumnus
What's with all the tournaments people doing RMTs? What's up SG? :P

This is a pretty cool team!! There is only a few changes I would make.

First of all, Thunder Wave on Emolga.*sigh* Emolga gets Nuzzle. Nuzzle is better in every situation. Breaks sashes, etc. Give it nuzzle :P

The other one is less obvious. Replace Will'o wisp on Simisear with substitute. Will'o doesn't do a ton, considering you have 2 other burners on your team in Gourgeist and Wartortle, and sometimes, getting a free sub just wins you the game, especially when they can't break it. As a result, replace the Life Orb with Leftovers. This synergizes with substitute better.

Otherwise, great team!!!! See you around the room :)

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So is there a reason you're using slaking over a good mon like Ursaring or Raticate or another non-normal type? I sort of missed the part where slaking became viable. I'd replace with any other choice banded mon cuz they don't have truant, they won't hit as hard but you won't just lose outright to good players either. Quick feet sd Ursaring, guts Raticate, or CB fearow could all work, I reccommend guts 4 attacks Raticate because it adds priority and pivots with u-turn which could help. Source: beat team on ladder because you were using slaking

>>> Megazard Z the reason i run Slaking over those two is for Raticate if something dies i can come in and easily threat it out while i out-speed it being Jolly at the same time being able to kill it even if it has Sucker Punch.

Which is no problem really if it is cause i have other mons like Wartortle to take hits along with Ursaring its kinda the same thing for ex: if i come in at full hp and its guts i can kill it 1hko, and if its Quick Feet it won't be able to kill me and i can kill it still 1HKO. Slaking in this tier is obviously under-rated for those reasons cause people don't see what it can actually do with a Jolly ability which i found out (and if i'm not the first i'm definitely one of the first to relies it in the FU tier)
<<<

Also with Choice Band out of them all, Slaking hits the hardest.

Also if you didn't read the whole thing with Slakings description/role, he is meant to be a revenge killer/hard hitter.

But thanks for commenting which does make sense of course but after what i told you now i hope you see Slaking way differently in the FU tier now in a better way!

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can't say I agree with slaking, but most people who like it tend to ignore the incredibly glaring faults it has for apparently no reason. Seeing as you're relying on a defensive core to take hits for slaking that loses to knock off and hazard stack with a ghost type, I'd at least run foresight over toxic on Wartortle so you don't just 100% lose to quilladin+ghost (Dusclops for example). This isn't too common so the change isn't that important. However a big change I have to reccommend is gogoat over Spdef Gourgeist. Gogoat cannot burn things, has no priority and is slower, sl it seems weird. However, it would be the only mon on your team capable of taking a knock off. Sub/seed could still be run for the same general purpose, however it would be your only solid switch in to machoke and Krokorok, both of which can easily come in and wreck on slaking's truant turn. Wartortle and spritzee can come in, but both lose their Eviolite and can't come in repeatedly after that, especially if a good player pressures Wartortle so you can't wish pass to it. It's definitely a weird switch, but it should help mitigate your massive Krokorok weakness. Also it usually helps rmts if you have a threat list, as I had to figure out what hurt your team on my own and then take a while to explain why, rather than us both knowing weaknesses of the team, cuz this post was waaaay too long.

Last edited:
I'd say his choice to put Slaking on his team is completely justified. I use a Slaking myself, on my NU team and, as it turns out, Slaking is highly underrated.

I usually send it in as a revenge killer, after one of my Pokémon has been KO'd, hit the opponent, then switch out. Few Pokémon in NU can survive a 140 power STAB Choice Band-boosted Retaliate off 160 Attack. Imagine the destructive possibilities in FU! Granted, Earthquake and Night Slash aren't as powerful, but still take a large chunk out of the opponent. Slaking will also almost always be able to get the attack off, thanks to its fully-invested, Jolly-boosted 100 base Speed stat, coupled with its incredible 150/100/65 bulk. You can even switch it in before one of your Pokémon faints, to use Return, if you're struggling to take your opponent down with your other team members.

Granted, there are a few drawbacks:
- Slaking is vurnerable to all forms of hazards, which is a problem if your main job is to switch in, hit, and switch out, especially in a hazard-filled metagame like this. It does have the bulk to compensate, though.
- If the opponent has a normal-resistant or -immune Pokémon and a Flying-type, you're in trouble. I once faced someone with a Regirock and a Swellow. If I used Retaliate, I'd risk doing little damage to Regirock, but if I used Earthquake, Swellow might come in and take it. In both cases, I'd have wasted a valuable turn. Night Slash would've been insufficient against both, even being outdamaged by Retaliate against Regirock. That said, this is less of a problem in FU, where such Pokémon are less common.
- Despite its massive bulk, too much exposure to special moves will take it down.
- Both burn and paralysis render it useless. Heal Bell support is highly recommended.
- It kills momentum as effectively as it kills opponents.
- You need something bulky to switch to after you've hit the opponent. Red Card fixes this once per battle, but greatly reduces Slaking's power.
- Protect and Substitute are a pain when using Slaking.

With all this said, the payoff is still massive, as I've been using Slaking succesfully in NU. With FU being a less threatening environment, that should only go better.

Besides:
+6 252+ Atk Linoone Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 382-450 (86.4 - 101.8%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 160 HP / 0 Def Linoone: 597-703 (177.1 - 208.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(It's not exactly a counter, but at least it's a check...)
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gogoat: 589-694 (130.8 - 154.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Eviolite Machoke: 357-421 (98 - 115.6%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Articuno: 399-471 (103.9 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 273-322 (61.7 - 72.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 304-358 (68.7 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 364-429 (82.3 - 97%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 252 Atk Mold Breaker Fraxure Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Slaking: 406-478 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Slaking Retaliate vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Fraxure: 357-420 (130.7 - 153.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
Over seeing this all, yes Duck with a stick, Slaking with those types of coverage while powerful, it is great indeed while it truly does a lot in FU tier and yes it does of course have its weaknesses but the team that surrounds it and benefits it even more works best. While in that situation of yours, For example yes i believe if Slaking had Drain Punch of course that be able to change the whole meta game while making it in a different tier also while fixing your problem with that but it shows if Slaking had that, he could of been even way better, in both our spots, we definitely would be using it more haha. But shows it wouldn't be in that tier where it helps you/me so its best that he has those flaws in many ways.

To MegaZard Z, ty for your suggestion but there are some flaws with it. For example, your ''()'' example is of course banned now (never give an example of a banned pokemon in that tier so it's more legit of an example) but with Gogoat you are very limited like any pokemon of course but as you can see me VS'ing another one with mine it wouldn't help as much while when if i have my Gourgiest-S it is meant to mainly be a bulky support while a sweep breaker so therefore Gogoat wouldn't be supporting anyone. When Gourgiest can. And on this team its meant to have plenty of stall breakers to support Slaking, hence the main point of this team. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)