1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

First rate my team (edited)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Craig001, Apr 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Craig001

Craig001

Ok, because i got a warning on the last RMT thread i did, i decided to clean things up a little bit. Now thats out of the way, I should get onto the rating part, am i not correct?

A glance at my team

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] (soon to evolve)

[​IMG]

You've seen my team. Here are the roles each pokemon plays and their movepools.

Samurott
    Ability: Torrent
    Hold item: Mystic Water
    Attack: (In flat battles) 140
    Defense: (In flat battles) 110
    SP. atk: (In Flat Battles) 122
    SP. Def: (In flat battles) 90
    Speed: (in flat battles) 97

Hydro Pump
    Hydro Cannon
    Surf
    Dive

My verdict: Meh. Ive had samurott for a long time, and i dont plan on changing dive anytime soon. If i had to select any pokemon that knew dive, it'd be Samurott. Besides, whats use of the ability torrent with NO water moves?

Now its time for garchomp.

Pokemon: Garchomp
    Ability: Sand Veil
    NO held item

HP (in flat battles) 184
    Attack: (flat battles) 182
    Defense (Flat Battles) 115
    SP.ATK (Flat Battles) 90
    SP.DEF (Flat battles) 105
    Speed (Flat Battles) 169

Dragon rush
    Earthquake
    Substitute
    Swords Dance

DEFINATELY a sweeper. It can easily sweep any team with its high speed, AND its high attack. I like to call this my main pokemon and also like to pair it up with ROTOM in double battles. I might want to replace substitute, as it dosent require a lot to break it, and it also cuts down Garchomps HP quite a bit.

Rotom
    Ability: Levitate
    Item: Quick Claw
    I wont say in flat battles.
    HP:123
    DEFENSE:82
    SP.ATK:111
    SP.DEF:106
    SPEED:107

Discharge
    Electra Ball
    Evil Eye
    ThunderBolt.

Sweeper. It can paralyze the foe 30% chance with Discharge and then get STAB from ThunderBolt, and then electraball due to its high(ish) speed, and maybe get STAB with Evil Eye. As it deals more damage when the opponment has a status condition, i always use discharge first. I pair it up with Garchomp and use a chained Earthquake-Discharge

Marowak
    Rock Head
    No held item
    HP: 122
    Attack: 92
    Defense: 126
    Sp. ATK: 57
    Sp. DEF: 88
    Speed: 68

Toxic
    Thrash
    Dig
    Bone Rush

Marowak toxics the opponment and then digs so it cant be hit. I would use Protect, to just poison it, but the move can easily fail in sucsession. Bone rush is for the power of chained hits, and thrash is a stand in for flying enimies.

Buzzmandy
    Ability: Dust Proof
    No held item
    HP:172
    Attack:83
    Defense:132
    Sp.ATK: 74
    Sp.DEF: 103
    Speed: 76

Dark Pulse
    Fly
    Whirlwind
    Bone Rush

Yes, another bone rush, and another sweeper, with fly to avoid getting hit. Whirlwind can then throw it in the trash can. As for DarkPulse, i should remove it. How really can it flinch the foe if Buzzmandys quite slow?

Finally, Gligar, or soon to be Gliscor, it dont matter.
    Ability: Sand Veil
    sometimes borrows rotoms quick claw.
    HP:134
    Attack: 125
    Defense: 125
    Sp. ATK: 49
    Sp. Def: 80
    Speed: 94.

Slash (may replace with Toxic)
    Aerial Ace
    Guillotine.... :(
    Swords Dance

It can highten its attack with swords dance, and is actually a ground pokemon grass types can fear. With its guillotine however, it cuts down the play.

Do Remember guys that these stats are Flat battle stats for LV.50. The actual pokemon have higher standards, but these are the FLAT battle stats.
    Hopefully i got it right :/

Feel Free to rate
    Craig001
  2. Faladran

Faladran
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Your descriptions are lacking, which puts you in violation of the rule above. Please elaborate more on each team member - about 3 or 4 solid sentences per member is a good goal to reach for. Also, be sure to include the EVs and natures of each of your Pokemon. The RMT archive contains some examples of well-written RMTs. If you fix your descriptions, PM me with the updates and I'll be happy to unlock your thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)