Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed/Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Hey all, I've been a lurker on these forums for quite some time, using other RMT team's and watching Poketubers to learn about the competitive side of pokemon more fluently. I haven't really branched out much as far as expanding my teram-building skills, but I think it's time to change that. One blaring weakness I can see is that half of my team is weak to Fire/Fighting-Type attacks. I could use some help on team-building as I'm not very good at it, and any kind of suggestions to enhance the team will be appreciated, thank you.

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball
  1. I wanted to make a team with Manaphy, one of my most favorite Pokemon, and my favorite Legendary of Gen 4.
  2. Manaphy's base 100 stats all around make it an exceptional late-game cleaner or wall breaker in my opinion, since it can switch in to resisted hits with no worries thanks to a bit of natural bulk, and hit hard with stab Surf.
  3. Manaphy is good at forcing switches when it is switched into Fire-types, and can set up with Tail Glow when the enemy switches into a Grass or Water-type to resist Surf. I have both Energy Ball and Ice beam to hit the two types that resist Manaphy's Surf, so not many things stand in the way.
  4. If the opponent allows a chance to set up with Manaphy, not many things will be able to take a hit, let alone switch into an incoming attack. With Manaphy's balanced stats and exceptional coverage attacks, I feel that Manaphy is a Pokemon that should not be overlooked, as many players are unprepared for this little guy.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
  1. While Manaphy is a good late game sweeper, it needs support to get rid of things that stop it from cleaning up the opposing team, which is why I chose magnezone.
  2. Here we have the standard Choice Scarfed Trapping set that has become so common in the current meta. One of the "thorns" in Manaphy's side is Ferrothorn(hehe). This set allows for Ferrothorn and other bulky steels to be quickly dealt with so long as they are not holding a Shed Shell.
  3. I felt Magnezone was an exceptional teammate with Manaphy as it can hit mons that Manaphy can't, such as Ferrothorn, and resists both of Manaphy's weaknesses, although there won't be much switching into attacks with Magnezone.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog
  1. Looking at the team so far, i noticed a blaring weakness to Fighting, Ground, and possibly Fire-Type attacks. I added Latias as a teammate to switch into those types practically unscathed. Plus, it is a good counter to Keldeo, which will play a bigger role later on in the mon descriptions.
  2. Along with the ability to switch into most special attacks, I went with the standard offensive Defog set to hit hard, get rid of hazards, and be able to have some longevity thanks to Roost.
  3. I felt it necessary to have a mon to get rid of hazards because no one likes to take damage just by entering the field, and it allows Magnezone to play around with Volt Switch a bit longer than it would without a hazard-remover.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit
  1. I felt that since I already had a good Keldeo counter on my team in Latias, Bisharp would make a very good teammate to trap opposing Lati@s Defoggers with Pursuit/Sucker Punch shenanigans.
  2. This set is the basic OU Defiant Attacker, but with Black Glasses/Dread Plate to deal the most damage with the three Dark type attacks we have without taking damage from a Life Orb.
  3. Bisharp's ability Defiant is very good because it keeps opponents wary of using Defog at will to remove hazards from the field.
  4. With the Black Glasses/Dread Plate boost to dark type attacks, it makes Bisharp a much more threatening Revenge Killer due to boosted pursuit/Sucker Punch, along with Knock Off and Iron head to hit Fairy-Types.

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut
- Close Combat/Drain Punch
- Shadow Sneak/Ice Punch
  1. Mega Gallade is by far one of my favorite new additions to ORAS, for several reasons. M-Gallade can provide many roles such as revenge killer, stallbreaker, and physical sweeper. In M-Gallade's role for this team however, we are mainly using him as a physical sweeper, Revenge Killer.
  2. The set chosen is used kind of in the same way that Manaphy is used. Force switches and set up a boost to punish the opponent.
  3. The M-Gallade and Bisharp offensive core is a very dangerous core to be facing. The type coverage of Psychic/Fighting and Dark/Steel is amazing and can seriously dent teams or flat out ruin them.
  4. I have Close combat for all out power, or Drain punch is viable to increase the staying power of M-Gallade. I also have Shadow Sneak to add some more priority to the team and to hit pesky ghost types(Gengar) or Ice Punch to hit Landorus-T and other bulky Ground or Flying-Types for some impressive damage.

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed/Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
  1. Here we have the final member of the team. i decided to go with Ferrothorn as a Physical Wall and a hazard setter. While Spikes + Stealth Rock combo would be good to have on the field to make the job of my sweepers/cleaners easier, I feel that since my team lacks a Ghost-Type to block Rapid Spin, it would be more beneficial to run Leech Seed so Ferrothorn has some way of recovery..
  2. We have a Shed Shell on Ferrothorn to prevent any Steel-Trapping from occuring and increase it's longevity.
  3. I have Gyro Ball over a status move such as Thunder Wave, since I believe a non-attacking set without a Mental Herb is ridiculous. The reason I decide not to just give Ferrothorn a Mental Herb is because I believe that having the ability to switch out no matter if there is a steel trapper on the field is more important than the chance that you will be Taunted.
Thank you for reading and I would be greatly appreciative if anyone could please leave suggestions to enhance the team.
-Ayzic​

Last edited:
To be honest, Mega Gallade's Shadow Sneak is very weak without STAB, and it would really prefer a coverage move instead. I would get rid of Shadow Sneak altogether and make Ice Punch the only option on the fourth moveslot, since Gallade's Shadow Sneak is very weak, and having Ice Punch to nail Landorus-T would be very much appreciated.

I think Ferrothorn would be better with a spread of 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD Relaxed. This gives Ferrothorn a lot more mixed bulk, especially considering that it checks an array of both physical and special attackers.

I feel this team is really Talonflame weak, as Swords Dance variants can make quick work of this team. However, I am unsure where to put a proper Talonflame check, hopefully someone else an give you that answer.

before i give it a rate i'd like to test it out a bit, would you mind putting an importable section in your RMT where people can copy,paste the team and test it?

Hi, I have some suggestions here;

SD Talonflame and Charizard X kinda plows through this team like Alfalfa said so you might wanna replace Ferrothorn with a Physically Defensive Landorus-T. This also reduces your team’s Fighting weakness which could be a huge threat to your team.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Also I don’t see the need of your team to trap Steel types because Manaphy takes care of Skarm, Scizor while Gallade destroys Ferrothorn. I suggest to replace Magnezone with Rotom-W as it helps you deal with Azumarill assuming that you removed Ferrothorn from your team. I put Toxic because, I don’t know, I find Mega Slowbro pretty annoying. If you want a Specially Defensive variant to deal with Greninja reverse the EVs and Nature.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Def
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Toxic / Pain Split

Just my suggestion, hope this helps.

Thank you Pink Weavile, for your suggestions. I'll edit this when I test out the team some more with your suggestions.

Yeah, but wait for the others they may have better suggestions, forget Toxic, it makes no sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)