First RMT, ever.

Pretty decent team, but not exactly a great one. It really needs lots of help, but please, don't be too harsh. I'm not exactly a veteran at battling. :x

At a Glance

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Alakazam @ Light Clay
Inner Focus
252 HP/252 Speed/4 Sp. Def
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
  • Reflect
  • Light Screen
  • Encore
  • Psychic
As a fast Pokemon, Alakazam does fairly well as a lead. Encore brutally messes up tons of SRs and such. Dual screens set up if Encore won't do anything [Like, if I know the foe's gonna attack] and Psychic so I don't get raped by Taunters.

Dragonite @ Life Orb
Inner Focus
112 Atk/ 196 Spe/ 200 Sp. Atk
Rash Nature (+ Sp. Atk, - Sp. Def)
  • Draco Meteor
  • Flamethrower
  • Roost
  • Superpower
Such a sexy monster. <3 MixNite as said time and time again, is a BEAST. Does the team good, especially as my only source of Physical attacks. (See how I need help? >_>)

Cresselia @ Lum Berry
Levitate
252 HP/ 200 Def/ 56 Sp. Def
Bold Nature (+ Def, - Atk)
  • Calm Mind
  • Charge Beam
  • Ice Beam
  • Rest
The beautiful Cresselia assists my team as a mixed wall. Lum Berry to wake up from Rest and actually survive some other statuses. Though Sleep Talk SHOULD be over Calm Mind, she takes hits fairly easily while asleep so I ditched it. Speaking of which, it's TOO easy to max Calm Minds on her from the battles I've been to so there's an option of switching Charge Beam for T-Bolt?

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure
252 HP/ 220 Def/ 36 Spe
Modest Nature (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk)
  • Roost
  • Heatwave
  • Hidden Power [Grass]
  • Thunder
Bulkydos to the rescue! I needed a counter for DDGyara and here it is. Zappy also takes hits like a sexy beast. Not too much to say since I take that most people know how much Zapdos can do? But it's not TOO needed...

Venusaur @ Leftovers
Overgrow
252 HP/ 4 Spe/ 252 Sp. Def
Calm Nature (+ Sp. Def, - Atk)
  • Sleep Powder
  • Energy Ball
  • Leech Seed
  • Sludge Bomb
Venusaur being called a tank is a severe understatement. Sleep Powder just to have a free turn for Leech Seed. I use it as a Stealth Rock substitute since I don't have one. Sludge Bomb and Energy Ball for coverage.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Flash Fire
248 HP/ 56 Sp. Atk/ 204 Sp. Def
Modest Nature (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk)
  • Lava Plume
  • Earth Power
  • Rest
  • Sleep Talk
A bulky, rest talking Heatran. Useful as a special sweeper and can easily come in on Psychic and awesome Fire attacks aimed at Venusaur. Lava Plume and Earth Power's coverage is tremendous. Rest and Sleep Talk work wonders aswell.

Aaaand yeah! As you can see easily, I NEED ratings and constructive critisism.

like the zam lead, havent seen one of those before, props.
as for zappy, hes good i've used him alot. but for some support and probly the best gyra counter is vaporeon, just a suggestion

The issue with having Dragonite as your only physical attacker is that if he goes down, Blissey is going to wall your entire team. And Dragonite is only mixed. You'll really need a dedicated physical attacker for this team to work.

Physically Defensive Zapdos probably wanted a Bold nature. I suppose Modest works, but it's up to you. Also, NOT a DD Gyarados counter, as +1 Stone Edge will OHKO you, so you can't switch in.

A Gyarados counter would be physically defensive Rotom.

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP/168Def/80SATk
- Discharge
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Will-o-Wisp

iirc 80 SAtk EVs let it OHKO bulky Gyarados (156 HP/0 SDef) 100% of the time without rocks. 252 HP because its HP sucks, and the rest in defense. Shadow Ball is another STAB and Overheat lets you counter Scizor like Zapdos. Will-o-Wisp lets you cripple Pursuit trappers like CB Tyranitar. Without HP Grass this loses coverage on Swampert, but that's about it.

If you want to keep using Zapdos, then Thunderbolt > Thunder. 70% accuracy sucks.

Vaporeon was also mentioned.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold
EVs: 188 HP/252 Def/64 Spd
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- HP Electric

Rotom, eh? I haven't used it before and I've been curious on using a form.
I've been thinking, now that replacing Zapdos is done, should I remove Heatran for a Physical sweeper? Or I could change his moveset to be more Physical.

The most physical Heatran will get is Explosion. You could make it Naive ScarfTran with Fire Blast / Earth Power / Dragon Pulse / Explosion which would take care of Blissey. The most expendable member of your team is probably Venusaur. There are better users of Leech Seed (Celebi, Breloom) in OU, if that's what you're interested in. I'd suggest Stealth Rock somewhere also.

Adding Rotom makes me Dark and Ghost weak, so I'd need something to counter that. I was thinking about Tyranitar, but that'd be a 3rd Bug weakness. Maybe Metagross?

Rotom and Dragonite both resist Bug. Tyranitar could be used. You could add a Choice Bander in somewhere, or DDTar as a late-game sweeper (although then you would want to be more prudent in taking Dark/Ghost moves. AgiliGross would also fit nicely into this team, although it is walled by either Zapdos or Gyarados, depending on whether you use Ice Punch or Thunderpunch.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 176 HP/252 Atk/80 Spd
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Aqua Tail/Earthquake

Can be used at any point of the game. Comes in and threatens to smash something hard with any of its moves. Can Pursuit trap Rotoms and Gengar (although you should watch out for Will-o-Wisp and Focus Blast respectively).

Tyranitar @ Lum Berry/Babiri Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly/Adamant
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch/Earthquake/Aqua Tail

More of a late-game sweeper if you're going for that. Lum Berry lets you take a status which is helpful in setting up. Babiri lets you take Scizor's Bullet Punch excellently and OHKO with Fire Punch. Leftovers could give a little more survivability. Fire Punch hits both Lucario and Breloom, who resist your STABs, hard (you'll outspeed after Dragon Dance). Fire Punch basically hits your counters hard but Earthquake or Aqua Tail probably would give you better coverage.

Metagross @ Lum Berry/Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Clear Body
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 112 HP/252 Atk/12 Def/132 Spd
- Agility
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch/Thunderpunch/Explosion

Agility up, and attack stuff. Walled by Zapdos if you use Thunderpunch, walled by Gyarados if you use Ice Punch. Explosion lets you go out with a bang.

I see. Thanks for the great help, greg. I'm gonna try out that awesome looking Tyranitar set. Thanks again, man.

This team is very weavile weak with every single pokemon being weak to one of its moves. Scizor might really help this team as it would give you an extra ice resist, another option to hurt Blissey with (which may cause this team some problems) and OHKO Weavile with bullet punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)