First RMT, First NU team

Before I start this, I've read the "how to make and RMT" thread and im going to try and follow the guidelines as best as possible. I've played with this team and I've tried to eliminate the obvious flaws. But anyway, here's the team:

Pyroar (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Rivalry
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Hyper Voice

Pyroar is my main special attacker on my team. He can take the Will-O-Wisp's coming towards my physical pokemon and dish out hard attacks. He can also break the physical walls that stop Durant from sweeping.

Durant (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor
- Stone Edge
- Hone Claws

Here is Durant. He is a phenomenal physical attacker and if i want to set up, He cant be toxic'd which is pretty nice. His move pool is also great, and the chance to flinch with Iron Head helps alot.

Regirock @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave

Regirock is awesome. He can take endless physical hits and because of his bad speed he can T-wave something if he wants to. Rocks are nice, too.

Gourgeist-Super (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- Protect

The regirock/Gourgeist core is a great defensive core. Gourgeist can take water and grass attacks coming towards regirock and help regi out with a Will-O-Wisp. I can also stall with leech seed/protect if needed.

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

I needed a bulky physical attacker and Hariyama fitted this perfectly. The priority is nice and also, Knock off is awesome. Thick fat also helps with the ice/fire attacks coming towards gourgeist.

and finally,
Jynx (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

I have Jynx as a revenge killer, and she is great at her job. Also the recovery from dry skin is nice because of the water attacks coming towards regirock. Jynx can come in late game and clean things up, and it works beautifully.

Okay, how was it? I tried to describe the pokemon roles as best at possible, and this was my first RMT so I know its not great. Feel free to be as harsh as needed.

P.S. Feraligtr is a pure threat

Real quick, assault vest>leftovers on hariyama. With AV it becomes a fearsome tank, and lefties dont do that much for it. Then bullet punch>ice punch, bp has little utility and ice punch (or a different punch, but prolly ice punch imo) hits much more.

Hey there this is a pretty fun team! Strong fighting types such as Sawk or Gurdurr are a big threat, as they OHKO / 2HKO your entire team between just Close Combat and Knock Off and their coverage moves. Strong Rock Types are also a bitch to you, as you really have no resists, and once stealth rocks are set up they wear down two of the attackers you rely on the most greatly. Dark and Ghost types also do a number to this team, so you should look out for that.

The first thing I would do is to replace Hariyama with Offensive Support Granbull. Not only does it offer extremely helpful support to your team through the spreading of either Thunder Wave or Toxic, but also Heal Bell support due to how status weak your team is, and its ability to check the previously mentioned threats to your team. It also offers intimidate support to further allow it to tank physical hits, making it a great pivot for your team.

Nextly, I reccomend replacing Gourgeist with Special Attacking Virizion. The fact is, your team is very weak to EdgeQuake coverage, and needs a way to break through walls such as Sandslash or Audino. This set relies on the fact that people expect a physical attacker, and its ability to recover reliably with a powerful giga drain lets it recover health quickly.

Minor Changes:
4 DEF > 4 HP ON PYROAR AND JYNX. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH BUT NEWCOMERS DO NOT UNDERSTAND HOW IMPORTANT THAT SINGLE EV IS IN ALLOWING YOU TO SWITCH IN 4 TIMES OVER 3.
Pyroar: Flamethrower > Dark Pulse, as Dark Pulse is a terrible coverage move since Fire Blast hits ghosts for the same power anyways. Instead focus on Flamethrower, a more reliable move to use as a Secondary STAB late game when you need a fire move but cannot afford to miss.
Regirock: Rock Slide > Stone Edge, Drain Punch > Earthquake, as you need to be able to tank and recover health, and frankly Rock Slide is just awesome with T-Wave for some paraflinching fun.
Jynx: Trick > Shadow Ball as Shadow Ball gets you 0 coverage, and instead you should use Trick to cripple switch ins and setup sweepers + walls, making it a key disrupter.

Hope this helped.

Granbull @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 168 HP / 88 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Earthquake
- Thunder Wave / Toxic / Stone Edge
- Heal Bell

Virizion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice] / Hidden Power [Rock]
- Substitute / Calm Mind

your team is usable but relies on jynx a lot to revenge kill threats which can be difficult if you come across teams with spiritomb and similar pokemon. the rate above is decent but it then opens you up to doublade heavily, which forces you to rely on pyroar way too much. but i do believe that virizion would definitely do well over gourgeist because of the added speed in helping you beat things like feraligatr. i would just advise using hidden power fire instead because it lets you hit doublade and venomoth which are two dangerous threats

i would also keep earthquake on regirock so that you can hit doublade, but then again i wouldn't use regirock at all because its offensive presence is lackluster. rhydon has superior offenses with slightly similar bulk, and a spread of 248 hp / 48 atk / 108 def / 104 sdef lets you survive things like choice band sawk while KOing it at -1 with earthquake. only keep regirock if you feel that thunder wave is absolutely vital because that's the only thing that sets it apart from other stealth rock setters

also don't use stone edge on durant. i don't think it hits anything relevant and its accuracy with hustle is pretty nasty. crunch, superpower, and thunder fang are all superior moves coverage moves for that slot which hit durant's few solid checks like doublade, steelix, poliwrath, and qwilfish. you can pick whichever one based on how you feel your team fares against those pokemon

I would stay with a rock move on durant. For one reason only : torkoal , yes torkoal. A defensive set walls a normal durant and can retaliate with lava plume or yawn when you switch out. Keep in mind that rock slide only does 40 % against a torkoal. however with hone claws you can do more. Now I look at your team torkoal handles it quiet well. except 4 regirock and the specs pyroar

I would stay with a rock move on durant. For one reason only : torkoal , yes torkoal. A defensive set walls a normal durant and can retaliate with lava plume or yawn when you switch out. Keep in mind that rock slide only does 40 % against a torkoal. however with hone claws you can do more. Now I look at your team torkoal handles it quiet well. except 4 regirock and the specs pyroar
Torkoal is not a threat, as you typically will pair Durant with a good water or ground type anyways. Torkoal also doesn't get much usage as it is worn down extremely quickly. Instead, I would look to hitting Doublade, Steelix, or even Pelipper with respective coverage moves. This said, I do agree rock slide is awesome!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)