First RMT (\first thread here) | Flying Team

hello, i am new in this forum, and actually also in this game.
few years ago i played game named net battle, and i was pretty nob,
now i found some game called "pokemon online", beta server, i think its an eurupe server.
anyway, i like this game, but i suck at it, and i found smogon.
this team is like based on nothing, just some pokemons that i saw are strong, and i picked sets of them in the smogon website.
so i hope you can help me to change my tram to a good team so i can win battles.
my biggest problem is stealth rock deleting almost 50% each for my pokemons.

by the way, i am sorry for my bad english and I hope you can understand me altough my english mistakes.

well i choosed flying pokemons while trying to pick all kind of types, so i can use all pokemon weaknesses.
but still, i dont have any psy\dark attack.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Pressure @ Jolly
255 Attack \ 255 Speed
Stealth Rcok
Taunt
Earthquake
Rock Slide

Well, in the website's aerodactyl's page in the lead set it say's 4 hp and 252 atk\speed,
but i tought about that and if i will see another aerodactyl lead, i be faster and stronger than him like that.
the goal of this opening pokemon is Taunt of Stealth Rock , and than stealth rock myself.
sometimes aerodactyl dies after this 2 moves, sometimes he dont and he help damging.

Moltres @ LeftOvers
Pressure @ Timid
248 HP \ 84 Def \ 176 Speed
Toxic
Roost
Substitute
Flamethrower

This Guy is specailly for one of the most anoying pokemons- scizor.
also fo all grass pokemons.
and also it have toxic set that i really like to use.
the big problem about moltres is the big hp lose by stealth rock while switching to it.

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Sand Veil \ Jolly
252 HP / 40 Def / 216 Spe
Earthquake
Substitute
Toxic
Roost

Another Pokemon for poising.
its also my escape from electric pokemons.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure @ Bold
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Thunderbolt
Roost
Hidden Power Grass
Heat Wave

this is my favorite pokemon after aerodactyl.
its almost always survivng at least one hit,
and its like a killing mashine.
sometimes people switch to scizor after zapdos showed up,
and than the heat wave is rocking it up.
the hidden power is my only way to beat the Swampert.
I also trust the zapdos def against attack pokemons.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Intimidate @ Jolly
255 attack \ 255 speed
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Stone Edge
bounce

garydos is for fire and ground pokemons.

Articuno @ Leftovers
Pressure @ Modest
255 HP \ 255 Sp.D
Substitute
Roost
Toxic
Ice Beam

This Articuno should be a Sp.D tank, following the hp and sp.d.
and while its sub and roost it can be usefull while the foe is toxiced.
also complete my team in the types way, for killing ice weaknesses like dragons.

Well this is my nob team, by the losing experience i already understand its sucks.
well it would be grateful if you can help me get better.

Stealth rock destroys this team, you might consider an exception and adding a rapid spinner like starmoe to help prevent taking too much damage with the boltbeam combo and STAB surf starmie is a great pokemon also 252 is the max evs a poke can have it goes by numbers divisible by 4 255 is pointless, just thought id help,

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well this looks like a mono Flying type team which is a challenge to rate but ill give it my best!. In momo teams you are usually allowed 1 wild card pokemon and all the rest your mono type. I'll just run with this since without a spinner you will lose.

So, firstly we have Aerodactyl which is a great chioce since it limits the chance of SR being set up which would otherwise hamper your sweepers. I would suggest however that we have a Togekiss or Crobat in the lead as Crobat can taunt and is not beaten by a Metagrss with Bullet Punch as Aerodactly is, and Togekiss can support your team with Wish which is usefull with the SR weakness.

Next up we have Gliscor. It's a sturdy pokemon and will sponge Electric attacks well. Run the Stall breaker set or maybe a SD set if you really want offense.

Gyarados is fine authough I suggest a Waterfall/Ice Fang/Earthquake with maybe wacan berry to sponge a electric attack from scarf latias and try and KO with Ice Fang. (Scarf Latias really does run through most Mono-flying teams so its a threat you will face often.)

Now come my suggestions!

Articuno does not really work in OU and you could but pretty much anything in its spot. I might suggest a Forretress (Spikes + Spinning) or a Hitmontop (Foresight + Rapid spin stops ghosts trying to spin block) or even a "wild card" pokemon to check threats eg a scarf Tar to check Latias. For the purpose of the rate I will assume you are using Foretress.

Next up is Skarmory which can have its moves talored to what your team needs. For example if you are not running Aerodactyl you could give Skarmory SR and Spikes or just give SR to Gliscor. If you are running Forretress you culd even drop Skamory for another flying type such as Zapdos. ANyway the purpose of Skamory is to weaken your opponients team via setting up entry hazards and shuffling around pokemon with Whirlwind.

Moltress is a cool pokemon but he also does not work well in OU. I suggest a Bulky DD Salamence or Dragonite to sweep the opponient while taking advantage of the Entry hazards set up by Forretress and Skamory. Bulky DD sets are used as both run roost for healing which is needed on this team and also both can take hits from pokemon such as Scizor and set up while recovering from damage.

I realise I just tore up 1/2 of your team and I am sorry for that. I tried to give this team some sort of goal (ie wear down opponient with entry hazards via Skarmory and then sweep with Gyarados and Dragonite) and tried to stop your weaknesses (added a spinner) but a mono flying team will all have issues that are difficult to fix. The suggestions I gave are just that, suggestions and particulally the last spot on your team can be switched around to deal with what your team needs most. For example you may decide that you don't need a spinner since you run Taunt on Gyarados, Skamory, Gliscor and Aerodactyl and thus decide to use a Scizor to handle Latias better, what ever you choose...

Have a Nice Day!

Wow Thanks alot for this comment!

i switched aerodactyl with crobat, so crobat can taunt without di of metagross as you said.
switched moltres with dargonite
switched zapdos wi skarmory
and foretrees with articuno.

well all this changes are positive to me and i see it as an improve.
but the one problem is i dont gut anyelctric atack in my team now sincie i replaced zapdos with skarmory,
so i gave dragonite thunderbolt instead Earthquake.

If you're using the Bulky DD set, I would recommend Thunderpunch over Thunderbolt. It has less base damage, but it Dragonite does have much more attack than special attack, and it gets a boost from the dragon dance.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yea, thunderbolt does not work on a Bulky DD Dragonite set since it lacks coverage with Dragon Claw/ Earthquake. If you really want a electric move then use Starmie over Forretress and give SR to Gliscor as Starmie can rapid spin just like Forry and SR is covered by Gliscor and Spikes are covered by Skarmory. You could make Starmie a Scarf Starmie with Rapid Spin which gives you a nice revenge killer aulthough a scarf with rapid spin is not really great. If you really want Forrytress then I guess you could run a MixNite set which uses thunderbolt, you do lose out on the recovery though.

Have a Nice Day!

EDIT: by the way if you update your team with the changes (eg change the pics, add the new sets etc) you could get more rates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)