ORAS OU First RMT | Mega Houndoom Swag Team

What do YOU think

• Total voters
The Team:

Hey guys this is my first RMT hope you like it and don't worry this is the importable for those who don't read out this whole thing so go ahead steal my team :]
Code:
Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Body Slam

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Team Building Process:
+

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Protect
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast

First off I wanted to run mega houndoom because I felt like he doesn't get as much attention as he should plus I really like his design [so badass], so I started to make a good mega houndoom team without fail so yea lets grt into the rest of the team

+

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

I wanted Thundurus on the team because I was already weak to water types and I needed a ground immunity on the team and I didn't want to add another water weakness by adding someone like landorus or hippodown or glisor. I basically wanted no ground types because who doesn't run a water type pokemon on their team.

+

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

I added Azumarill on the team to hit ground types as well as other dark type pokemon and not just be immune or resist them. I also added him to hit pokes like hippodown, excadrill, and hydreigon for massive damage like a boss.

+

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Body Slam

I needed someone to set up rocks for definite kills for this team but not someone people would expect like ferrothorn, so I added jirachi mostly because I like the idea of a non scarf jirachi set.

+

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn

Though I wanted something to get up rocks I also needed someone to get off rocks without adding a weakness, so I added scizor seeing that I would of had a bug weakness adding someone like starmie or a water weakness adding someone like excadrill.

+

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch

Last but not least is conkeldurr. I added conkeldurr because I needed someone to hit things azumarill or houndoom can't like how houndoom can't hit landorus very well or how azumarill can't hit ferrothorn very well and I also needed something to hit dark, ice, and rock types for if azu or houndoom where to go down

HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THE TEAM HERE ARE SOME REPLAYS
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-255091997
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-255072479

Attachments

Last edited:

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I suggest removing those replays, then having a mod delete this post so there's no evidence of you showing off your epic wins against Pikachu / Frogadier / Noivern teams. If you're going to post replays, they should be high or even mid ladder (1400 or higher is fine). Also, you aren't making use of Houndoom's ability at all. Without Solar Power to make up for its lack of Life Orb, it's just a moderately powerful fire type that has to find that magical opportunity to set up. Charizard-Y has way more initial power and speed than Houndoom (wirhout the need to Protect!) and has reliable recovery in Roost.

I get the appeal in using Houndoom because it's one of the coolest designs on all of Pokemon, but whatever the heck you are trying to achieve with Houndoom can be achieved with zard.

It's too bad you can't run both because Ninetales sucks.

I suggest removing those replays, then having a mod delete this post so there's no evidence of you showing off your epic wins against Pikachu / Frogadier / Noivern teams. If you're going to post replays, they should be high or even mid ladder (1400 or higher is fine). Also, you aren't making use of Houndoom's ability at all. Without Solar Power to make up for its lack of Life Orb, it's just a moderately powerful fire type that has to find that magical opportunity to set up. Charizard-Y has way more initial power and speed than Houndoom (wirhout the need to Protect!) and has reliable recovery in Roost.

I get the appeal in using Houndoom because it's one of the coolest designs on all of Pokemon, but whatever the heck you are trying to achieve with Houndoom can be achieved with zard.

It's too bad you can't run both because Ninetales sucks.
Sorry im new to this so I'll to get some better replays and fix up the team so i take advantage of his ability thanks for the advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)