First RMT(On Smogon) Standard Team

Hello fellow citizens of smogon. I have used this website for a while now, so I think it is time for me to make an account on it. So enough of the introductions! Off to the team:

My team is going to be a basic standard team. Pokemon are as follows:

Ferrothorn- @ Leftovers
252 hp, 126 def, 126 sp def, 4 atk (I would assume this to be a nice ev setup)
Impish
Moves:
-Power Whip
-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Leech Seed

Well I chose Ferrothorn because it is a fantastic lead, and also it is my favorite pokemon. Fantastic defenses, nice moves, and nice hp. This pokemon was a blessing for me. Power whip for stab, stealth rock, spikes, leech seed, for walling and leading. Ferrothorn is going to be my lead and physical and even special wall.

Chandelure- @ Choice Scarf
252 sp atk, 252 sp, 4 hp
Timid
Moves:
-Shadow Ball
-Overheat
-Energy Ball
-Will-o-Wisp

I chose chandelure, since it was a nice revenge killer with shadow tag, and can decimate pretty much anything it switches into unless it is faster opposing chandelure or excadrill. I chose Will-o-wisp because I would get some relative bulk in defense and cripple sweepers. SB and Overheat are self-explanatory, and energy ball gets rid of those annoying bulky waters who try to counter this. Chandelure is my team's revenge killer, as well as a nice sp atk sweeper.

Garchomp- @ Choice Scarf
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4Hp
Moves:
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Fire Fang

Garchomp is a very nice physical late game sweeper and a devastating on too. With its good typing and move coverage late game sweeping is very easy.I run adamant because all the +2 dragon dancers like gyarados. Outrage is the standard stab move that really helps late game when things are weakened. The popular edgequake combo has great coverage. Fire fang is mainly for scizor and ferrothorn.

Jellicent- @ Leftovers
252 hp, 252 sp def, 4 def
Calm
Moves:
-Scald
-Toxic
-Recover
-Shadow Ball

I chose Jellicent since this is a nice wall in both ends of the spectrum. It has a unique typing which also makes this a great tank. Scald was a ncie move to use because of the crippling burn, but also because of STAB and nice base power. Shadow ball for STAB. Recover so I can shrug off damage done to me, and also toxic for stalling and putting a dent in some opposing walls and sweepers.

Conkeldurr- @ Leftovers
252 atk, 126 hp, 126 def, 4 sp def
Adamant
Moves:
-Bulk Up
-Mach Punch
-Drain Punch
-Stone Edge/Payback (I don't know which one would be better)

I chose conkeldurr since it is a nice excadrill counter if it hasnt set up yet, and this set is very deadly against the opposing pokemon. Bulk up for setting up, mach punch for sweeping, drain punch to gain hp, and stone edge or payback to get some more coverage. Conkeldurr is going to be my physical sweeper, and a nice one at that. This set i have heard, was a huge threat when testing was done over this.

Reuniclus- @ Life Orb
252 def, 252 hp, 4 sp atk
Bold
Moves:
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind
-Recover

Reuniclus is a complete monster. That is why I chose this. Except I modified this Reuniclus to act as a wall and a sponge, able to deal back some chunky damage. Psychic for STAB, focus blast for more coverage and it takes care of some threats. Calm Mind for setting up, and recover for healing when low on hp. The awesome thing is that its ability allows it not to take damage form life orb! So life orb is a given. Reuniclus is going to act as my sp atk mid game sweeper as well as a nice physical and special wall.

There is my team! Feel free to criticize and make my team better. Thanks! (In Advance)

Thank you very much guys! I have done some editing on my team and I have already followed the rules so I dont know what I did wrong...

I have made some edits to the team to make it better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)