First RMT: Rate my SS OU please. Currently at ~1500

Hello, I am very new to the forums and kind of new to competitive battling. I battled briefly last year with an SS OU team and made some slight tweaks for this gen. I have done reasonably well this team (28 - 9) and am always looking for ideas to improve. Any criticism is welcome, and thank you in advance for your time :D

Tyranitar @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Earthquake
-Smack Down
-Pursuit

Usual Lead/Sand Setter/Sweeper
Sets up SS and gets up at least 1 DD vs most everything. People usually expect SR upon seeing Ttar lead which means I get the +1 DD in and with Max Atk Ada, theyre usually in trouble. I have a big problem with Stone Edge's accuracy and like the fact that if I can predict correctly, after I get that DD off and they go to their obligatory Rotom/Skarm, I Smack Down as it comes thus forcing another hard switch in fear of the now threatening EQ and allows me yet another, this time free DD or the option to just hit something hard. Focus Sash basically nets me free kills vs things like Aegislash who think they can set up on me, Infernape, Arcanine who think they have me checked with CC and things that try to stat up with me. Bulky fighting types give this trouble for the most part and if I bring him back in when there is hazards on my side of the field, Sash is unfortunately useless. Luckily at that point, I usually only need him to set up SS later in the match as this is more of a surprise set and quickly old hat after the shock of reckless all damage. Pursuit is there to surprise anything I find threatening enough that flees after my first DD. Yet another surprise.

Sigilyph @ Flame Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 136 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
-Psycho Shift
-Cosmic Power
-Stored Power
-Roost

Situational Pivot/Set Up Sweeper/Crippler
Fills many roles. Thrown in on any predicted ground, fighting or grass moves bar sleep powder. As long as it's not brought in on a free switch in, flame orb activates and he is now a status absorber (looking at you Spore). Depending on the opponent's team, and if their phazer is down or their SpAtkr is not very threatening, I'll start to set up instead. The 4 EVs in speed allow it to outspeed other base 97 speed mon with neutral nature and no speed investment, mostly bulky Haxorus and opposing Sigilyph. Strat with this mon is burn everything pretty much as even walls don't appreciate the residual damage of burn. It's not as crippling as toxic ofc but I'd rather get consistent damage on steels than on fire types who are generally very weak to SS teams and ofc the neutering nature of burn outweighs a little extra damage from toxic as this team really appreciates the extra survivability of a crippled physical attacker. This little guy has swept numerous unprepared teams single handedly.

Stoutland @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Rush
EVS: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Return
-Wild Charge
-Crunch
-Ice Fang

Sweeper/Revenge Killer
Many a mon has been OHKOd by the raw power that is Stoutland. With the alloted speed EVs, he outruns everything I'll ever see, even jolly max speed ScarfMence while sand is up and OHKOs with Return after SR or straight OHKOs with Ice Fang even with an intimidate boost and NO SR. Dedicated walls such as Skarm are guaranteed 2HKOd with SR up and the appropriate coverage move (Wild Charge), Cofagrius (Crunch), Gliscor (Ice Fang), Mega Venasaur (Return). Normally upon seeing Stoutland, the opponent switches into what they think is the proper wall and with proper prediction, they are maimed to the point where they have to switch out. I then follow suit and go into a pivot so momentum stays on my side. The saved speed into HP allows me to tank a couple obligatory priority moves if I need to not named Mach Punch.

Stoutland surprising folks with his power: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100876743

Hippowdown @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Careful Nature
-Yawn
-Stealth Rock
-Whirlwind
-Slack Off

Pivot/Phazer/Sand Setter/Crippler
This guy is AMAZING. He takes most anything comfortably and phazes like his dinner depends on it. Upon seeing any set up, if I don't feel like letting Ditto take the easy sweep, or if I foresee a sub in the near future, I switch immediately to this guy. Ninjask? Scolipede? Blaziken? I throw up rocks on his protect then ww the sub. Let him take his own health down. About the only set up sweepers he doesn't do well against are Cloyster and immediate SpAtkers with Nasty Plot, but that's what Ditto is for. Yawn is another great phaze as well. Anything stupid enough to stay in will just watch me Slack Off while their eyes close and that's another shut down mon. Upon switching to Hippo, I throw out a Yawn first unless they're the aforementioned baton pass mons, then immediately SR. If they switch, rocks went up and I heal free. If they stay, rocks went up and I usually still heal off any consequence before I WW them off AND I've dispatched a foe for later as I start my shuffle. Yes I know he is Taunt bait, but in the 30+ matches this team has seen, he has yet to be taunted once. Once I find a mon that one of my sweepers can switch in comfortably on (say asleep?) or meant to support, I go ahead and switch em in. Thus, Hippo acts as more of a delayed pivot. Also, I love having another sand setter as it gives me the assurance of winning a weather war and eases prediction. This also puts a lot of pressure on the opposing weather user who must play around dangerous threats to switch in and makes him predictable. I can even set up "safe" scenarios to bait in a weather user to take them out early with minimal risk as I have another Sand Setter usually. Note: I originally had Roar instead of Whirwind however after careful consideration, I've decided Whirlwind is undoubtedly superior as it's not stuffed by Sound Proof like Mimes on BP teams.

Hippowdon shining: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100868747

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Impostor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature (0 Speed IVs)
-Transform

Revenge Killer/Sweeper/Utility/Pivot
Straight wildcard. I debated the high risk of Life Orb for a NICE Mega steal. Most folks would assume Scarf and switch thus leaving me in a very nice spot, however, Scarf has saved my bacon many a time and LO is an immediate giveaway due to recoil and the surprise is quickly gone. Perhaps Expert Belt? Open to any ideas for item slot. Ditto is extra sexy assurance vs any boosters that get past Hippo or if I mess up somehow and allow them to get too high, though that never happens. Also, since most teams run a hazard clearer, I also sometimes switch him in to their defogger/spinner to get rid of hazards as I don't have a hazard resetter or into their poison mon to soak up tspikes. From there it's another pivot switch and I'm back in the clear. I also use him as a Spore counter and feel it's a very important factor as I'm paranoid of Breloom/Sleep Powder leads. For those that don't already know, grass types are immune to Spore and Sleep Powder so switching him into the opposing usually grass poke (with the exception of bug types) allows me immunity to the sleep and shows me their set. Due to Scarf, I can threaten to (eventually) KO them first with their own moves so they usually switch. Or I pull a double switch to Sig who now is a sleep absorber due to being burnt and resists most of their moves handily. Note: You can't direct switch into Sig to absorb sleep as Flame Orb does not activate until the END of the turn it's brought in. Hence why this little pink blob is so vital. He also has all sorts of fun switch ins thanks to his ability copy like Magic Bounce users, Volt Absorb vs the stray Jolteon that switches in vs Siglyph, Water Absorb users, Intimidate sweepers, even Sound Proof. No speed allows me to go last in the event of a pp stall with opposing Ditto thus winning. This will never happen but doesn't hurt to prepare, right?

The importance of Ditto: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-100910411

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 44 Atk / 212 SpD
Adamant Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Swords Dance
-Bug Bite
-Roost

Revenge Killer/Bulky Attacker/Set Up Sweeper
This mon has been a surprising ace-in-the-hole. Switched into Hydro Pumps, Leaf Storms, Ice Beams, Thunderbolts, Psychics and most special attackers bar the obvious fire moves. For instance, one of the most powerful, common immediate SpAtkers in the tier, Timid Starmie with Life Orb needs SR damage to 2HKO with Hydro Pump, a 120 BP STAB and without SR only gives it 30% chance to do so. Meaning I can switch IN, Roost off any damage, wait for the miss and OHKO with unboosted Bug Bite. Swords Dance allows me to shrug off a burn if I have to, and Roost off their coverage as most pokes that can Wisp aren't exactly offensive titans. The added bulk of his mega generally allows me just one extra SD which is usually all I need. I admit, the EV spread here is a little random but it's worked for me thus far though I'm thinking of putting a tad more in SpD and Def to more comfortably survive extreme SpAtks. I run Bug Bite over Brick Break because I like eating Chestos from Rotoms, Harvesters and it hits Mega Venasaur harder along with most grass types. Also it's STAB.

In closing, this team has a lot of multiple roles that I feel make for a healthy balance.

I have compiled a short list of pros and cons below:

Pros:
-Very good with keeping off any general weakness due to type over specialization defensively as only 2 mons are weak to water/grass while 2 resist grass handily including a 4x resist and both don't mind a stray water move, only 1 ground weak with 1 immunity, 1 rock weak with 2 resistances, 2 fighting though 1 with 4x weakness he has a sash and I do have 1 resistance who is also a 4x resist (and happens to cripple), 2 ice weak with 1 ice resist. 1 electric weakness with 1 immunity, 0 fairy weakness with 1 fairy resist, 0 poison weakness with 1 resist and an immunity, 0 dragon weakness with 1 resistance, 0 flying weakness with 1 resistance, etc etc. Keep in mind all resists are before factoring in Ditto who can easily come in on a predicted STAB (or immunity!) and add another resist if I need him to.
-
Zero SR weakness.
-Very good vs most but the most savvy baton pass teams.
-Has an incredibly easy time keeping up weather.
-Doesn't fear boosting mons for the most part as you have two checks AND a priority user for the revenge kill.
-All members immune to SS meaning only your opponent will feel the sting and be worn down if coming at you with non SS pokes (With the possible exception of Ditto).

Cons
-No special attackers (though Stoutland can take down any physical wall with the correct prediction.)
-Somewhat water weak if Ditto somehow fails.
-No spinner/defogger if the opponent for some reason doesn't run one.
-No spikes or tspikes though I prefer Yawn and Psycho Shift burn to be a menace over poison.
-Very strong SpAtkers who can break through Scizor can posit a problem if Stoutland for some reason can't outspeed and OHKO and Ditto is.. asleep?
-No cleric unless I throw Ditto in against their Blissey/Aromatherapy user (which isn't too shabby tbh)

Thanks!

Last edited:
This is true, with my only forseeable option being Gastrodon with water absorb. All the rock/waters are very weak defensively and still neutral to water. It's an SS team therefore using steel, ground and rock types so at best, Id need a steel type that resists water, basically Ferrothorn. Who isn't too shabby but I don't feel anyone here is that expendable. Who would you suggest?

Also, it's not so much that I am WEAK to water, but that I have no resistance barring Ditto if used on a stab user. I only have two weak to water types and one of them is Ttar in the sand so he's eating special water moves in a pinch. He hates getting burned from Scald though. I may run Lum berry on him, idk.

Yeah. I really like bug bite on scizor. That is a way good choice. I like your ev spread. Makes him bulkier.

Absolutely, if you look at his defenses when in Mega, you can clearly see he is taking A LOT more in Mega Form. Allowing an extra SD is huge, and in the end you have a poke that takes at least one of your opponents mons out and can severely dent the next with priority, technician, stab Bullet Punch.
Also for the uninitiated, Bug Bite deals just as much damage as X-Scissor with the added effect of eating Cutsap from Forretress, Sitrus from Azumarill, Exeggutor and Trevenant, Shuca from Heatran, Yache from Mence, Lum from Dragonite, etc.

Although the Tyranitar is certainly interesting, it seems quite risky. Assuming the sash is to get you a free DD early in the game, most opponents would have physically bulky Pokemon (Gliscor, Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, etc.) that wouldn't really care much for Tyranitar's attacks, even if he had Smack Down. If you face one of such threats, Tyranitar is forced out. The moment you have SR on your side of the field, Tyranitar loses its function other than extending sandstorm; I feel as if you could do a lot more with Tyranitar than just have him set up sandstorm. I know you have Scizor using a mega slot, but I think Mega Tyranitar is the only consistent option for Dragon Dance, as he has far more power and bulk. As we should suggest as few changes as possible and assuming you're going for an offensive Tyranitar, I suggest a Choice Band set. As you've mentioned, you often use Tyranitar to surprise KO Skarmory. Skarmory and other steel walls actually take quite amount of damage from STAB Crunches, due to the steel nerf:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (outpaces Skarmory)
Adamant Nature
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

On Hippowdon, I'm not sure if it's necessary to have two phazing moves. Anything with Taunt would shut your Hippowdon down. I think you should use Earthquake over Yawn. Not only does this lessen the Taunt problem, but it also gives Hippowdon a reliable way of damaging certain physical threats who decide to stay in; in some cases, you just want to get rid of something more quickly so you don't have to worry about it later.

Although the Tyranitar is certainly interesting, it seems quite risky. Assuming the sash is to get you a free DD early in the game, most opponents would have physically bulky Pokemon (Gliscor, Landorus-T, Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, etc.) that wouldn't really care much for Tyranitar's attacks, even if he had Smack Down. If you face one of such threats, Tyranitar is forced out. The moment you have SR on your side of the field, Tyranitar loses its function other than extending sandstorm; I feel as if you could do a lot more with Tyranitar than just have him set up sandstorm. I know you have Scizor using a mega slot, but I think Mega Tyranitar is the only consistent option for Dragon Dance, as he has far more power and bulk. As we should suggest as few changes as possible and assuming you're going for an offensive Tyranitar, I suggest a Choice Band set. As you've mentioned, you often use Tyranitar to surprise KO Skarmory. Skarmory and other steel walls actually take quite amount of damage from STAB Crunches, due to the steel nerf:

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 180 HP / 252 Atk / 76 Spe (outpaces Skarmory)
Adamant Nature
-Crunch
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake

On Hippowdon, I'm not sure if it's necessary to have two phazing moves. Anything with Taunt would shut your Hippowdon down. I think you should use Earthquake over Yawn. Not only does this lessen the Taunt problem, but it also gives Hippowdon a reliable way of damaging certain physical threats who decide to stay in; in some cases, you just want to get rid of something more quickly so you don't have to worry about it later.
I wholeheartedly agree about the Sash, but I'm considering Lum over Sash/Band. Possibly Scarf Tar for a really nasty surprise? It's just most walls that switch in can still take 2 hits from banded Ttar. Most times if I can get just 2 DDs with Ttar through the use of Smack Down and prediction, I can sweep or take at least two mons down.

Another option that I'm actually going to probably go with is a lure.

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Naughty Nature
Max Atk EVs, bare minimum SpAtk EV for OHKO on Skarm, Ferrothorn, Remainder into Spe
-Pursuit
-Fire Blast
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide/Smack Down/
-EQ/Ice Beam?

This set bluffs Choice and I can lure in a lot of walls. Gliscor, Landorous are blasted if I forego EQ for Ice Beam and Hippo is dented. I really do want Pursuit as I'm paranoid of Espeon and am a fan of trapping Lati@s.

As far as Hippo, with no attack EV investments, I'm going to hardly scratch a taunting Sableye/Gliscor/Aerodactyl/Murkrow/Gyarados. I prefer Yawn as it gives great utility. It's an interesting pseudo switch where I make the opponent choose between trying to KO Hippo and risking me getting a set up sweep on the revenge turn as they're now alseep, or getting a free heal as they switch and take SR, or disabling them while I heal AND STILL phaze them out with WW. No one expects Yawn AND WW so some people think it's my only phaze and it's paid off. A lot.

Also, sweet name fellow Cerebrate. Remember: Spread, Assimilate, Evolve.

Last edited:
The lure set looks safer than your former set. The problem with a surprise set is that if it fails, your opponent can easily play around what should have net you a free kill/cripple, leaving you with something that's not too much better than dead weight.

And yeah, I'm a pretty big StarCraft fan when it comes to the lore, but I am absolutely awful at the actual game :P

Hello there, you have a good SS team but as you have say you have a water weakness so i was thinking you could give a try to Tank Dragonite with Safety Goggles over your Tyranitar set, as with this now you have a water resist / Special sweeper / special wall / immune to SS (thanks to the Goggles and able to recover with roost), resistant to fighting.
Dragonite @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Tail
- Draco Meteor

Also With this set you can get past some water types thanks to the resistant and the use of thunderbolt to get past Azumarill who could give you some problems and draco meteor to get past other physical walls.

Also you coul try offesinve Spiner Excadrill over Stoutland

Excadrill @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
Now you have a faster sweeper under the sand able to change move and able to support you team with rapid spin
I hope this will help you improve the team more, Good luck pal.

Hello there, you have a good SS team but as you have say you have a water weakness so i was thinking you could give a try to Tank Dragonite with Safety Goggles over your Tyranitar set, as with this now you have a water resist / Special sweeper / special wall / immune to SS (thanks to the Goggles and able to recover with roost), resistant to fighting.

I hope this will help you improve the team more, Good luck pal.

I appreciate the advice. It looks very sound. Who would you opt out however?

Excadrill is overall a better sand sweeper than stoutland. It has better stab, coverage, speed, attack and can also boost its attack with sword's dance. But this makes you even more weak to water type attcks. Your team also looks weak to zard-y and keldeo is often paired with it. I think latias would be very good addition to your team for thir purpose. It can also use defog. But i cant think of what to replace perhaps ditto or sigilyph. On hippo change yawn to earthquake. Also, since you depend on sand stream to sweep why not give hippo or tyranitar smooth rock.

Excadrill is overall a better sand sweeper than stoutland. It has better stab, coverage, speed, attack and can also boost its attack with sword's dance. But this makes you even more weak to water type attcks. Your team also looks weak to zard-y and keldeo is often paired with it. I think latias would be very good addition to your team for thir purpose. It can also use defog. But i cant think of what to replace perhaps ditto or sigilyph. On hippo change yawn to earthquake. Also, since you depend on sand stream to sweep why not give hippo or tyranitar smooth rock.
Ill paste what I posted on another thread in regards to Exca vs Stoutland:

Rotom wouldnt switch into Stoutland (2HKO) but would switch into Exca (A million hit KO). Mandibuzz wouldnt switch into Stoutland using his safest option (2HKO) if rocks are up but would vs Exca on predicted EQ or even RS (3HKO) as she can Roost. Stoutland wins one vs one vs Starmie (OHKO) where we already know where Exca ends up. Exca cant even get a guaranteed OHKO against uninvested Salamence running speed WITH rocks up WITH inaccurate Rock Slide. Stoutland has the same chance using Return (when he has Ice Fang for a clean OHKO) WITHOUT rocks. Excadrill is no good. Stoutland 2HKOs vs standard Swampert and eats anything he throws while Excadrill has a chance to 2HKO with full attack investments but is easily OHKOd. All of these Mons can come in on the switch, or on revenge and threaten you with one hit. Even Mandi can Foul Play on you while you SD then KO you next turn while you fail to kill. Mandibuzz does more damage to you with Foul Play on UNBOOSTED you then you do to her with full atk investment AND a Rock Slide at +2! Do you know how sad that is? Is there any wonder now why you "often have trouble setting up"? Against EQ weak pokes you have a niche. But people see EQ weak as a liability on teams. Also, anything EQ weak with balloon laughs at Exca as it OHKOs him. The amount of shit in the metagame that shrugs Exca is insane. The amount of things properly revenged by Stoutland in the meta is equally insane.

Defensively?
Breloom Mach Punch Technician boosted OHKO without rocks on Exca even with 100 HP EVs and you couldnt touch it if you wanted to.
87.5% 2HKO on Stoutland who easily OHKOs back.

Azumarill Huge Power Aqua Jet @ Choice Band OHKOS you WITHOUT rocks while you 2HKO if for some reason Aqua Jet missed (read, yet again your'e checked).
Stoutland deals more damage with his 2HKO using RETURN not even on his coverage move (Wild Charge OHKO) and can switch IN to a banded Aqua Jet and still eat 2 more (3HKO).

All of this is assuming RETURN on Stoutland who could opt for coverage moves to turn a lot of these threats into more solid OHKOs and 2HKOs without rock support.

Zard Y is awful vs SS. Ttar swtiches in and scares it right the hell out then pursuits. Rocks are usually up due to the Yawn phaze of Hippo on their spinner. Zard Y threatens Scizor only but both sand setters comfortably switch in on him.

Keldeo is a problem without prior damage but if he's significantly weakened, Ditto can come in on him.

I'll also paste what I put earlier in regards to EQ on Hippo:

As far as Hippo, with no attack EV investments, I'm going to hardly scratch a taunting Sableye/Gliscor/Aerodactyl/Murkrow/Gyarados. I prefer Yawn as it gives great utility. It's an interesting pseudo switch where I make the opponent choose between trying to KO Hippo and risking me getting a set up sweep on the revenge turn as they're now alseep, or getting a free heal as they switch and take SR, or disabling them while I heal AND STILL phaze them out with WW. No one expects Yawn AND WW so some people think it's my only phaze and it's paid off. A lot.

Ttar does better with an expert belt to rid the team of troublesome Ferrothorn/Skarm/Gliscor. Hippos lefties have made so much difference, it's often the tipping scales to where the opponent sees they cannot out DPS his slack off and thus switches (that's where I double switch). Two bulky sand setters is enough to where I'm hardly ever hurting for sand up.

Latias could be a great addition to the team doing what the dragonite set I post could do and more thanks to defog and no weakness to rocks
Ill paste what I posted on another thread in regards to Exca vs Stoutland:

Rotom wouldnt switch into Stoutland (2HKO) but would switch into Exca (A million hit KO). Mandibuzz wouldnt switch into Stoutland using his safest option (2HKO) if rocks are up but would vs Exca on predicted EQ or even RS (3HKO) as she can Roost. Stoutland wins one vs one vs Starmie (OHKO) where we already know where Exca ends up. Exca cant even get a guaranteed OHKO against uninvested Salamence running speed WITH rocks up WITH inaccurate Rock Slide. Stoutland has the same chance using Return (when he has Ice Fang for a clean OHKO) WITHOUT rocks. Excadrill is no good. Stoutland 2HKOs vs standard Swampert and eats anything he throws while Excadrill has a chance to 2HKO with full attack investments but is easily OHKOd. All of these Mons can come in on the switch, or on revenge and threaten you with one hit. Even Mandi can Foul Play on you while you SD then KO you next turn while you fail to kill. Mandibuzz does more damage to you with Foul Play on UNBOOSTED you then you do to her with full atk investment AND a Rock Slide at +2! Do you know how sad that is? Is there any wonder now why you "often have trouble setting up"? Against EQ weak pokes you have a niche. But people see EQ weak as a liability on teams. Also, anything EQ weak with balloon laughs at Exca as it OHKOs him. The amount of shit in the metagame that shrugs Exca is insane. The amount of things properly revenged by Stoutland in the meta is equally insane.
In terms of power and resistant its seems Stoutland its overall better so all its up to you in this situation, as if you put Latias with defog then you don´t need a spinner anymore.

Now with 2 sand inducer you could try replacing either Ditto or Sigilyph with M-Garchomp as thanks to sand force it hits harder than normal Life orb Garchomp with EQ and Stone Edge, Also i think you mean Magic Guard as ability on Sigillyph as you put Wonder Guard the ability of Shedinja. Really Good Luck with the team and the modifications but remember the best team its a one you feel comfortable to use, if replacing some of this Pokémon make you feel uneasy then don´t replace them, hope you the best.

Latias could be a great addition to the team doing what the dragonite set I post could do and more thanks to defog and no weakness to rocks

In terms of power and resistant its seems Stoutland its overall better so all its up to you in this situation, as if you put Latias with defog then you don´t need a spinner anymore.

Now with 2 sand inducer you could try replacing either Ditto or Sigilyph with M-Garchomp as thanks to sand force it hits harder than normal Life orb Garchomp with EQ and Stone Edge, Also i think you mean Magic Guard as ability on Sigillyph as you put Wonder Guard the ability of Shedinja. Really Good Luck with the team and the modifications but remember the best team its a one you feel comfortable to use, if replacing some of this Pokémon make you feel uneasy then don´t replace them, hope you the best.
Ah you are correct in Magic Guard, I'll remedy that right away.

Both those pokes have single handedly won me so many games. I'd be hard pressed to lose one for a Dragon.. Ditto is my set up mon check, situational switch in (They switch in Heatran on Scizor, I switch in Ditto etc) and Sigilyph is my fighting move, grass move, ground move, status move switch in that is hazard immune and cripples physical attackers. I also run this strategy with him where if it seems I may lose due to a massive amount of hazards and misplays, I save him for last then set up as fast as possible. It's paid off.

I could replace Mega Scizor with Mega Chomp but then I'd gain another crippling ice weakness whereas before Scizor was my ice switch in.. I'm also debating replacing Bug Bite with Baton Pass and setting up an SD for Stoutland to sweep but I'd need a lot more sand turns thus forcing me to use Smooth Rock on my Ttar..

I've never had an issue with SR too much as no one on my team is weak to it so Spinner/Defogger is usually not too big a deal for me. If I find the hazards on my side of the field annoying, I let them hazard all the way up while I hammer them then switch Ditto in on their fogger/spinner and just get 'er done.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)