Tyranitar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 136 HP / 252 Atk / 120 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Beam

This guy's main job is too set up Stealth Rock and to kill Latios. Stone Edge is there for STAB and to hit anything that doesn't resist it hard. Ice Beam is almost exclusively for Gliscor. He also draws in steel types quit well once the enemy knows his moves. I put some EVs into SDef to help sponge hits better.

Haxorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Mold Breaker
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Brick Break
- Dual Chop
- Earthquake

My main sweeper and revenge killer. Once the steel types and Gliscor are out of the way, nothing will stop him. Adamant over Jolly for the power. Dual Chop is there to beat sub abusers like Toxicroak.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost

My physical wall. Takes hits for the frailer members of the team while setting up hazards and shuffling. Extremely important for helping my other pokemon net some important OHKOs

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Thunder Wave
- Recover
- Roar

My special wall. Has great synergy with Skarmory. Spreads paralysis and forces enemies to rack up residual damage with roar. I am considering using Wish over Recover for some Wish Passing.

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch

The steel killer. Invaluable for Haxorus. I run specs so that he hits anything that doesn't resist him like a truck. Volt Switch is for some scouting utility. His power has won me quite a few matches.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

My second sweeper. Alakazam works fantastically in the sand due to his ability, Magic Guard. He is great at taking out threats such as Latios, Tyranitar, Gengar, ect. Hidden Power Ice is to show Gliscor who's boss.

Any insight or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced!

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hi

Your team is in danger of a Volcarona sweep. It can easily set up on Magnezone locked in one of its weaker moves, such as Flash Cannon or Hidden Power Fire, and from there proceed to destroy your team quite easily as nothing is able to outspeed it. Your fastest pokémon, Haxorus, is slower than +1 Timid Volcarona while your three bulkiest pokemon (Tyranitar, Skarmory, Latias) could all do something in return but are weak to one of its STAB moves, generally Bug Buzz and Fire Blast/Fiery Dance. Swords Dance Lucario is also a great threat to this team as it is very easy for it to set up on Tyranitar and once your team is slightly weakened (example by Stealth Rock or your own sandstorm!) Luke will tear it to shreds because it can outspeed faster, frailer members with ExtremeSpeed and OHKO the bulkier stuff with Close Combat. Even Skarmory is OHKOed after Stealth Rock damage.

Another thing that I don't really understand is why do you have Sand Stream Tyranitar on your team. Nothing really benefits from it, except maybe Alakazam which could use it to get quicker KOes, and nothing is really hurt by whatever other weather that can be in play. If anything, your Latias is hurt by it. I'd suggest you get something to remedy to this situation.

I'd greatly recommend replacing your own Choice Scarf Haxorus by a Choice Scarf Terrakion; while it is also able to revenge kill pretty well with its great speed and power, it is able to check both Quiver Dance Volcarona and Swords Dance Lucario after a boost, all this when abusing Tyranitar's Sand Stream ability to gain a 1,5x Special Defense bonus, thanks to its Rock typing. There isn't really anything you miss revenging with this change, stuff like Salamence and Dragonite really hate Stone Edge and while I guess being able to hit Latios with a faster Outrage is nice, you have Tyranitar for that.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Justified
Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
-X-Scissor
-Earthquake

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll giver Terrakion a try. I had thought about Volcarona but didn't really know what to do about it.

The main reason for sand stream is to rack up damage and more importantly, to stop other weather

Hey,

Cool team, but I think some changes could help push it in the right direction. I agree with Jirachi about the Volcarona weakness, and believe a few suggestions could help you out here. First off, I recommend Choice Scarf Landorus instead of Haxorus, as this not only gives you a check to +1 Volcarona, but it also gives you a method of keeping up momentum. You can form a VoltTurn core with Landorus and Magnezone, and keeping momentum up is extremely important in this metagame. Additionally, Landorus benefits your team with its giant Attack stat when considering Sand Force's effects, so you shouldn't write it off too quickly.

Now, I think you could consider a Rapid Spin user in Latias's slot, considering that the biggest thing it does is cripple with Thunder Wave and many of your Pokemon will not enjoy repeated switching, especially if Sandstorm, Stealth Rock, and Spikes are all in play. A quick solution for this is using a bulky Starmie set with Thunder Wave -- this way you can still cripple opponents but also retain some spinning utility. Starmie also provides an optimal switch-in to rain-boosted Water-type moves, which Latias used to provide. While you might miss your phazing a bit, I believe that Starmie's merits outweigh this.

Now, I realize that I took out the most specially defensive Pokemon on your team, which isn't necessarily a good thing. In my opinion, Tyranitar is already hitting the Pokemon it needs to hard enough. For this reason, I suggest you go with a spread of 252 HP / 64 Atk / 192 SpD and a Sassy nature to help you sponge hits thanks to Sandstorm's Special Defense boost. You might feel a bit of a loss in power, but I believe the utility that comes with being able to repeatedly switch Tyranitar into Latios's Draco Meteor and the like are definitely worth this change; try it out!

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-turn

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 32 SpA / 224 Spe
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunder Wave
- Scald

Cool team and good luck. I hope I helped!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)