First RMT

This team was just recently swept by an Excadrill, so I'd like my fellow Smogonites help on changing up my team. Here it is. The main thing is that it is heavy on sweepers with 2 support pokemon.

Heatran
@Leftovers and Timid
204 HP, 252 SPD, 52 Sp. Atk
-SR
-Toxic
-Earth Power
-Flamethrower
Wow all the pictures of this guy didn't work -.-
This one of the aforementioned support pokes. Toxic helps wear down tanks, and SR should be obvious on a lead poke. This is a bulkier version that lets me take attacks a lot better then the standard 4/252/252.
@Choice Scarf, Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-V-Create
-Fusion Bolt
-U-Turn
-Zen Headbutt/ don't know what to put here
Scarfed Victini is a monster. Scarf makes up for 100base speed, so I can revenge kill rather easily. V-Create is a 180power move, 270 when STAB bonus is taken into account.

@Life Orb, Timid
252 Sp. Atk, 252 Spd, 4 HP
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
I love this sweeper. Set up a sub on turn 1, and spam shadow ball and focus blast. When at low hp, pain split.

@Leftovers, Timid
180 HP, 76 Sp. Atk, 252 Speed
-Surf
-T-bolt
-Recover
-Rapid Spin
My spinner, which also packs a punch. Recover helps it stay alive. Surf for STAB, and T-Bolt so I have something against other water types. Sometimes I bluff Ice Beam on this thing.

@Air Balloon, Adamant
252 Spd, 252 Atk, 4 HP
-Rock Polish
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Stone Edge
This is my late game sweeper. After everyones pokemons are weakened, this guy either rock polishes or swords dances once, and proceeds to wreck. I switched the Life Orb to Air Balloon to help prevent an Excadrill sweep.

@Leftovers, Timid
224 HP, 252 Speed, 32 Sp. Atk
-Giga Drain
-Healing Wish
-Sleep Powder
-Aromatherapy

This is my ultimate support. I sleep powder the switch in, and then Aromatherapy. Giga Drain for STAB, and recovers HP. Healing Wish helps if a sweeper is heavily damaged and Lilligant is about to die anyways.

That's my team, thanks. =)
yes I am sort of a noob to battling since I took a 2-year break from pokemon.

EXPLANATION OF TEAM:
This team has no defense and instead relies on a sweeper core with 2 support pokemon. Entry hazards are very important to this team, and my spinner also doubles as a bulky sweeper.
I built this team to keep on the pressure. After you KO one of my sweepers, I can just send in another one. I have a blatant Excadrill weakness, and am looking to replace a pokemon to help counter sandstorm too. Rain isn't very common, and my 2 support pokemon effectively shut down sun. This is extreme offense.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
The easy way to avoid an Excadrill sweep with this team is to put an Air Balloon on Terrakion. I don't have time to do a full rate but good luck with the team.

Well quite good for a first RMT. Before I start your team is really good and very offensive.
I suggest Changing Heatran to a Modest nature because it really doesn't need SPD boost because it usually get's take down my physical attacks. Your Team has no defense
I suggest changing alomola to calm nature and it will survive a fireblast or anyother super effective moves. the rest is good though and well done on the team. I also think you should add a bit more content to your post just so we know what to do a bit more.

Ok thanks for the feedback.
Zeo, the whole point of my team is a sweeper core with 2 support pokemon. I decided not to have a tank because that would slow down the pace of this team.
also, I don't have an alomola. Heatran is built bulkier, so Timid helps outspeed other Heatran not using a Speed+nature.

Timid helps me outspeed other Heatran. Might not sound like much, but Earth Power still gives me the KO even with my measly 52 SpAtk evs

you note that half your team is weak to ghost and a Gengar is going to sweep it withour problems for that i suggest this?

Gliscor
@Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
252Def/252Spe.Def/4 Att
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Swords Dance
-Protect

You have a tank and a sweeper :P

Good Luck with your team friend

Well, I swapped out the starmie for a mienshoo. also, most gengars wont outspeed my timid 252 spd one, from what I've seen. if need be I'll send in scarfed victini to revenge kill it

Well, I swapped out the starmie for a mienshoo. also, most gengars wont outspeed my timid 252 spd one, from what I've seen. if need be I'll send in scarfed victini to revenge kill it
Actually as far as I know, almost all Gengar's max speed in order to speed tie w/ other base 110's. Speaking of speed, change your Terrakions nature to jolly so that it will be able to speed tie other base 108's and outspeed anything below.

Also, you should change Flamethrower on Heatran for Lava Plume, the increased burn chance is more useful on a defensive heatran.

You have a huge weakness to scarf landourus running Hammer Arm, U-Turn, Earthquake and Stone Edge, who outspeeds all of your pokemon, and can Hammer Arm/EQ your Heatran, U-Turn/Stone Edge your Victini, Stone Edge your Gengar (With its crap defenses, even if stone edge is neutral it will do 79% - 93% at full health, chance of a ko with SR on the field, and what SS team doesn't run SR?) U-Turn your starmie, Earthquake/Hammer arm your Terrakion, and U-turn your lilligant.

You should try a physically bulky pokemon such as Gliscor who walls the common sandstorm sweepers, and still provides an offensive presence.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
-Earthquake
-Swords Dance
-Taunt / Protect
-Ice Fang / Facade
item: Toxic Orb
ability: Poison Heal
nature: Impish
evs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)