ORAS NU First RMT

Hey my name is VandalX, but you might also know me by my infamous alt Pussy Destruction. This is my first rmt and I'd love any feedback you can give. However, I won't use any of your suggestions because all of you have tiny dicks and I like to discriminate against the poorly endowed. I built this team wanting to use some of the new drops before they get banned.

I decided to start my team with choice scarf pinsir, as it has access to moxie, a high physical attack stat, and no wings. I felt it was a cool option to build my team around.

Next pokemon would be standard fletchinder. There isn't really much to say about it. Fletchinder is the scariest thing in NU right now and you should run it as much as you can so this cancer can be banned. Also it has wings.

Next off since I was really into these new drops, I added magneton because its basically like running 3 magnemites so I can have 8 pokemon to my opponents 6. As I was already running scarf pinsir, I decide to go for a specs variant. So now my team has three potential late game sweepers.

Now, I decided to put a Rhydon in. Rhydon is one of the biggest checks to fletchinder and can set up rocks while taking hits with ease. Also its a fucking stone dinosaur and dinosaurs were my favorite when I was five.

I then decided to add a fourth late game sweeper because why the fuck not. I decided on sub cm uxie cuz its yellow and is speedy for a bulky mon. It can take hits on both sides and is a reliable fighting switch-in.

I needed a defogger and a reliable water switch in and i had a tough time deciding between pelipper and lumineon. I ultimately decided on pelipper cuz of its reliable recovery annd the funny way it flaps its wings in its 3d model.

Upon further testing, I have switched rhydon out for stunfisk as suggested by Can-Eh-Dian. I was incredibly weak to magneton with no relible checks to it and rhydon just added to that weakness. Stunfissk serves the same role as rhydon in setting up rocks and checking fletchinder, without the quad weaknesses and with the ability to take scalds better. While stunfisk doesn't provide the fire resistance or roar utility, Those weren't necessary and stunfisk just synergizes overall better with the team.

Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 Atk / 28 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat/Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

So Pinsir is a bug. It can hit mons with its pincers and fuck shit up. In almost every battle I've had, this mon gets a kill. Earthquake for steel or electric types like magnets and lanturn. Knock off because this is 6th gen. I run Close Combat for ferroseed but you can run stone edge for stuff like pelipper and crustle if you want. Evs may look strange but I have just enough sp def to live a modest magneton flash cannon after rocks most of the time and enough speed to outspeed scarfed jolly magneton as well as other scarfers trying to just outpace scarf magneton.

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp/U-turn

I added a fletchinder as it's the scariest mon in NU atm. So I'm running a completely innovative special fletchinder set carefully crafted in the swiss alps. It's perfectly designed to fuck your shit. The EV's were suggested by HJAD to outpace most fletchinder while retaining an odd hp number and max attack. Acro is for hitting stuff extremely hard with no item as stab priority. Roost is to allow fletch to stay in longer and recover from sr. Sd is to set up a potential sweep and improve berd's awful attack stat. Will-o to cripple mons trying to threaten it out, but you could run u-turn to gain momentum off of them. Berd isn't a fucking werd, berd is a way of life.

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid/Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Magneton is the third and final of the new drops that I am using on my team. Three mons are better than one, which is why pokemon like magneton and dugtrio are so good. The fact that this mon is in NU is ridiculous, as in a lot of ways its better than its evo magnezone with higher speed and access to the bulky eviolite. I'm using the specs set because it can 2HKO almost every mon in the tier. I run timid for the speed, but if you choose to run modest, you can 2HKO hariyama with thunderbolt on the predicted switch thanks to analytic.

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Uxie does heavy drugs and all it wants to do is chill out and take some e. It hides behinds its doll, popping ecstasy tablets and smoking joints before it can run through the opponents team by hitting them with its strong attacks like its razor dazzle dental. As I was weak to quagsire and dual dancing rhydon, I took Can-Eh-Dian's suggestion and am now running giga drain over dazzling gleam. Uxie sweeps teams while solving your calculus homework. The EV's are for max bulk and to outspeed mons speedcreeping base 70's. Psyshock over psychic to beat other cm users such as mega audino. This is my designated bulky sweeper.

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn/Air Slash

My final team spot Pelipper. I needed a mon to remove hazards and sponge water hits so I went with the flying toilet. I had difficulty deciding between lumineon, wartortle, mantine, prinplup, and pelipper. All of these mons could be run in this spot, but I chose pelipper mainly for its reliable recovery in roost. Pelipper also checks fighting types like Hariyama/Sawk/Gurdurr really well. My team also didn't want another grass weakness and pelipper can potentially threaten grass types if you run air slash. I run u-turn to form a volt turn core with magneton and get a slowish u-turn into a threat. Scald hurts rock and ground types and is the most broken move in the game. I have changed the EVs to outspeed the Dancing Dino before a rp, after I realized that it sweeps me.

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 232 HP / 168 Def / 20 SpA / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock

Stunfisk is my designated switch in to scary attackers. I had rhydon in this spot previously, but when Can-Eh-Dian suggested stunfisk, I had to do some testing to see which one made my team better. Stunfisk did a much better job than rhydon on my team, it didn't have nearly as many weaknesses to play around. It also takes on magneton, which was a threat to my team. The lack of a fighting weakness here makes it more viable to run mons like prinplup in place of pelipper if wanted. Stealth rock is to rack up damage so my sweepers can pick up KO's. Toxic is so I don't get completely walled by quagsire which my team is already weak to. Discharge is for para hax and threatening offensive water and flying types. Earth power is for STAB and so that I can hit mons like rhydon and lanturn. EVs are for maximum mixed bulk and so that I can 3HKO granbull with earth power if need be after rocks.

Use my team and rate it so I can feed my ego with the feedback of peasants.

Pinsir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 Atk / 28 SpD / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Knock Off

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Roost
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp

Magneton @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Thunderbolt

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 232 HP / 168 Def / 20 SpA / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Toxic
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock

Uxie @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 Spe
Bold Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 240 HP / 212 Def / 56 Spe
Bold Nature
- Defog
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn

Last edited:
You got a weakness to SR bruh. Get pinsir the fuck outta there. I don't have a replacement so deal with it. Plus your in danger of getting locked for your descs. (*cough cough*), fletchinder

Hey bro!

Nice team you have here! I do to believe that scarf moxie pinsir is quite the underrated threat in the nu metagame at the moment, I've been cleaned a fair number of times by it so I'm glad people are deciding to make use of it.

Onto your team and something that concerns me quite a lot is your lack of magneton check. HP Fire from your own Magneton is quite a risky way to go about business, Rhydon is 2HKO'd by Flash Cannon, Uxie cannon touch Magneton and Pinsir isn't a switch in. The entire Magneton backlog of pressure isn't the only problem, you lack answers to common special attackers like Magmortar, Pyroar and Samurott. These mons will get free switch's against your balance core and proceed to be quite the pain in the ass.

This leads me to my suggestions. Uxie I don't feel does the greatest job in the world for your team, its bulky and a great win-condition but you already have that in Fletchinder and an awesome cleaner in Pinsir. So I'm dubbing it as the most expendable member.
As a result, I'm gonna suggest to you Mixed Defences Pivot Lanturn > Uxie.
The reason I have chosen Lanturn in particular is the fact that it can check all of the afformentioned pokemon quite easily, however, it is prone to being worn down wayyy to easily, so I would try and get as many free switches as possible. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about lanturns synergy with pelipper and magneton. He actually has amazing synergy with both, despite sharing types!

Onto the more niggly changes. I prefer HP Ground > HP Fire on Magneton. You only hit ferroseed really with HP Fire, and HP Ground hits not only other Magneton, and every other steel in the tier, but also commonplace checks like Stunfisk and Lanturn itself for a huge chunk of damage, especially with analytic.
A bit of optimisation on the Fletch spread:
I reccomend running 100 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe Adamant Nature.
Most Fletch run 144 Spe, so you maintain the odd sr number but also manage to creep other Fletch in the process, which could come in handy if you don't have Lanturn or Magneton lying around spare.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpD (there is a more efficient spread with 108 HP, but I can't remember ;~;)
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam / Heal Bell
- Toxic/ Thunder Wave

Overall, really nice team, love the use of the new drops.
Yours in mons,
~HJAD

Hey bro!

Nice team you have here! I do to believe that scarf moxie pinsir is quite the underrated threat in the nu metagame at the moment, I've been cleaned a fair number of times by it so I'm glad people are deciding to make use of it.

Onto your team and something that concerns me quite a lot is your lack of magneton check. HP Fire from your own Magneton is quite a risky way to go about business, Rhydon is 2HKO'd by Flash Cannon, Uxie cannon touch Magneton and Pinsir isn't a switch in. The entire Magneton backlog of pressure isn't the only problem, you lack answers to common special attackers like Magmortar, Pyroar and Samurott. These mons will get free switch's against your balance core and proceed to be quite the pain in the ass.

This leads me to my suggestions. Uxie I don't feel does the greatest job in the world for your team, its bulky and a great win-condition but you already have that in Fletchinder and an awesome cleaner in Pinsir. So I'm dubbing it as the most expendable member.
As a result, I'm gonna suggest to you Mixed Defences Pivot Lanturn > Uxie.
The reason I have chosen Lanturn in particular is the fact that it can check all of the afformentioned pokemon quite easily, however, it is prone to being worn down wayyy to easily, so I would try and get as many free switches as possible. Also, I wouldn't worry too much about lanturns synergy with pelipper and magneton. He actually has amazing synergy with both, despite sharing types!

Onto the more niggly changes. I prefer HP Ground > HP Fire on Magneton. You only hit ferroseed really with HP Fire, and HP Ground hits not only other Magneton, and every other steel in the tier, but also commonplace checks like Stunfisk and Lanturn itself for a huge chunk of damage, especially with analytic.
A bit of optimisation on the Fletch spread:
I reccomend running 100 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe Adamant Nature.
Most Fletch run 144 Spe, so you maintain the odd sr number but also manage to creep other Fletch in the process, which could come in handy if you don't have Lanturn or Magneton lying around spare.

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpD (there is a more efficient spread with 108 HP, but I can't remember ;~;)
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Ice Beam / Heal Bell
- Toxic/ Thunder Wave

Overall, really nice team, love the use of the new drops.
Yours in mons,
~HJAD
Thank you for your great feedback, I might use lanturn in that spot but as I see my team as more so wear down the opponent with rocks and volt turn and then sweep with a threat, I like the options I have for different sweeps depending on my opponents team. However ,I will try out lanturn and see how it fairs.

hi

this team is p good and doesnt look weak to many of the common threats in NU so I commend you on that. I also agree with the spread changes that hjad mentioned earlier, however i dont agree with the change of Lanturn. This team is already weak enough to quagsire and opposing Stall teams as it is, and removing a potent win condition against Stall really makes it a difficult matchup. I do agree tho that the team could use both a Magneton and Magmortar check as its looking a little weak to both. There are also some set adjustments that you can make that will improve the team.

Ok so in order to help alleviate that that magneton/magmortar weakness, I think the best change you can make is to go with SpDef Stunfisk > Rhydon. SpDef Stunfisk straight up beats pretty much all Magnetons while still avoiding the 3HKO from AV Mag's Fire Blast 92% of the time. It also keeps Rhydon's role as a Fletch check and Pelipper and Uxie can help it check Archeops as well. It can also Toxic opposing Quagsire so they don't just sit there and wall every single member of your team.

That's really the main change that I wanted to suggest however there are some set adjustments i think would be beneficial to make. The first would be to put Giga Drain > Dazzling Gleam mainly to hit Quagsire which completely stops uxie from decimating common Stall Archetypes. You also don't really need to worry about steels because your own Magneton, Stunfisk, and Pinsir do a good job against them. The second change is more preference but I think that Scarf Moxie Pinsir is a really underwhelming and not very good set. Having to lock yourself into Bug, Ground, or Fighting Coverage is pretty awful considering all the levitaters, poison types, and flying types in NU. I think that SD LO Pinsir is a much more consistent cleaner that can really snowball out of control quickly, especially against Offense and Balance. It does pretty much the same thing as Scarf Pinsir, but is much more consistent in general.

Cool Team

: Giga Drain > Dazzling Gleam

Pinsir @ Life Orb | Moxie
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Adamant
Swords Dance | X-Scissor | Earthquake | Quick Attack

Stunfisk @ Leftovers | Static
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef | Calm
Stealth Rock | Discharge | Earth Power | Toxic

hi

this team is p good and doesnt look weak to many of the common threats in NU so I commend you on that. I also agree with the spread changes that hjad mentioned earlier, however i dont agree with the change of Lanturn. This team is already weak enough to quagsire and opposing Stall teams as it is, and removing a potent win condition against Stall really makes it a difficult matchup. I do agree tho that the team could use both a Magneton and Magmortar check as its looking a little weak to both. There are also some set adjustments that you can make that will improve the team.

Ok so in order to help alleviate that that magneton/magmortar weakness, I think the best change you can make is to go with SpDef Stunfisk > Rhydon. SpDef Stunfisk straight up beats pretty much all Magnetons while still avoiding the 3HKO from AV Mag's Fire Blast 92% of the time. It also keeps Rhydon's role as a Fletch check and Pelipper and Uxie can help it check Archeops as well. It can also Toxic opposing Quagsire so they don't just sit there and wall every single member of your team.

That's really the main change that I wanted to suggest however there are some set adjustments i think would be beneficial to make. The first would be to put Giga Drain > Dazzling Gleam mainly to hit Quagsire which completely stops uxie from decimating common Stall Archetypes. You also don't really need to worry about steels because your own Magneton, Stunfisk, and Pinsir do a good job against them. The second change is more preference but I think that Scarf Moxie Pinsir is a really underwhelming and not very good set. Having to lock yourself into Bug, Ground, or Fighting Coverage is pretty awful considering all the levitaters, poison types, and flying types in NU. I think that SD LO Pinsir is a much more consistent cleaner that can really snowball out of control quickly, especially against Offense and Balance. It does pretty much the same thing as Scarf Pinsir, but is much more consistent in general.

Cool Team

: Giga Drain > Dazzling Gleam

Pinsir @ Life Orb | Moxie
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Adamant
Swords Dance | X-Scissor | Earthquake | Quick Attack

Stunfisk @ Leftovers | Static
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpDef | Calm
Stealth Rock | Discharge | Earth Power | Toxic
Thank you for the feedback, I appreciate the great suggestions. I do think I'm going to stick with scarf pinsir as it can hit faster bulky mons more reliably, and isn't restricted to quick attack for faster mons. I have tried sd lo pinsir but I feel that it can't reliably hit mons like rotom and haunter, which are mons I like to be able to hit at least neutrally. The stunfisk does seem like a good replacement for rhydon and I'll try that out, but I do like the roar utility so I'll see how that fairs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)