First RU Team Peaking 34 PS

So this is not only my first RU team but my first RMT so i apologise in advance for any novice mistakes.

The Team

Accelgor (Surprise) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- focus blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain

Introduction
Accelgor is my lead i prefer this over the final gambit set i can usually get a surprise kill or two, then switch out and save Accelgor as revenge killer.

Item and Ev's
Life Orb is for the extra power when i need to muscle through threats like Nidoqueen. Timid Nature to out-speed and check boosting threats such as Liligant If i can predict the Sleep Powder and then the Quiver Dance. And max Spec attack and speed so i don't have to take any hits.

The Move-set/Strategy
So Bug Buzz is my Base 80 power move that after Stab is my go to for neutral coverage.
Focus Blast alongside Bug Buzz provides coverage resisted only by Poison and Flying.
Hidden power rock is the surprise factor Moltres like to switch in on Bug Buzz thinking they are a hard counter only to be OHKO'ED before they can say Flaming Chicken Down.
Giga drain is a solid Coverage option that takes some of the sting out of Life Orb and Stealth Rocks allowing Accelgor a Surprising amount of staying power.

Scyther (Operator) @ Eviolite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Introduction
Scyther is the star of the team although he battles for the limelight with his Special attacking bug type cousin Scyther sets itself apart with it's surprising bulk, reliable recovery and Impressive power.

Item and Ev's
Eviolite is essential it assures that my heavy Hp investment is well placed by boosting both defenses and allowing Scyther to take the odd Thunderpunch or Ice Beam, Jolly Nature and max Speed to outspeed everything i can also very useful for nerfing an incoming Ice Rock or Electric move my removing my flying Typing.

Move-set/Strategy
So the basic idea is After walls and hard counters such as Aggron or Cofagrigus are dealt with Scyther comes in sets up an S-Dance and Sweeps shop while still being able to take the odd priority attack that ruins most sweeps.

Hitmonlee (Kickmonlee) @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Double-Edge
- Foresight

Introduction
Hitmonlee feels like the weak link in this teams chain. on paper he resists entry hazards, has decent special defense and the ability to get off a Guaranteed Spin while taking the weak special attacks of Spiritomb, Cofagrigus or Dusknoir before promptly being crippled by burn.

Item and Ev's
Life Orb over Leftovers to Dent the opponent after Spinning and before getting KO'ed Max hp to help with surviving the odd special attack or two.

Move-set/Strategy
Rapid Spin is self explanatory.
Hi Jump Kick is a strong Stab respectable amount even to defensive pokes.
Double Edge gets Decent Neutral coverage alongside Hi jump Kick and a nice Reckless boost.
Foresight has led to some pretty bad ass KO'es Example a predicted Spiritomb get Foresighted on the switch removing it's ghost typing then proceeds to get nailed by a super effective Hi Jump Kick.

I'm thinking of replacing him with with Kabutops, in exchange for the superior type synergy of Hitmonlee, i think the team will be granted some much needed momentum and threat power against Nidoqueen.

Drapion (Ehrmantraut) @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Whirlwind

Introduction
Drapion is the man, nicknamed Ehrmantraut after Mike from Breaking Bad He comes in gets the job done and then dissapears. I would say hes the glue of this team but that's not an exclusive title this team is cohesive.

Item and Ev's
Leftovers is for just enough staying power to get things done then Shift momentum to a different teammate. Battle Armor is an often Unnoticed ability and by that i mean a good one, there are no surprise Crits for Drapion when he comes in to do his job. Max Hp once again for livability i chose Special defense for the Metagames natural bias for special attacks.

Move-set/Strategy
Toxic spikes is a solid choice under a number of circumstances because i can almost always poison one poke even if they're spinner or toxic absorber is around granted they don't have a Heal Beller.
Taunt is the questionable move on this set i think it's redundant on this set with Whirlwind and i'm considering switching it for Ice Fang to deal with flying threats as well as Nidoqueen.
Crunch is strong Physical Stab that does a repectable chunk to most unresisted pokes also the prospect of a defense drop to force switches doesn't hurt either.
Whirlwind is the Crux of this set allowing Drapion to work to it's full potential Phazing and Crunching widdling the oppents down while keeping momentum.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Introduction
Clefable is my Special Wall and Cleric after trying other special walls such as Munchlax i am completely sold on clefable.

Item and Ev's
Leftovers is Standard fare as are the Ev's Max Hp help Clefable pass decent sized wishes. Magic Guard is notable for the fact that Clefable is a great status absorber.

Move-set/Strategy
Wish+Protect Guranteed recovery as well as Team support is always great and even sweeter when free scouting is included although if im not on my prediction game Clefable can easily become setup fodder.
S-toss help get Pokes into Revenge Kill range as well as break low hp subs.
Heal Bell is a life saver i cant imagine this team without it.

Cofagrigus (Coffee) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest

Introduction
Cofagrigus the Bane of Physical Attackers Scoffs at a Banded Flare Blitz (non Sun Boosted lol) No really though Cofagrigus rounds out the team great synery with Clefable Great defense Great Ability what else do you needa do?

Item and Ev's
Standard Physical wall Ev's With Lefties Bold nature to sponge even better.

Move-set/Strategy
Calm Mind Boosts Coffee's already decent Special Offense as well as Defense
effectively transforming Cofagrigus into an immovable Tank/Wall.
Shadow Ball Is a great Stab with very nice coverage in RU.
Hp Fighting gets nearly unresisted Coverage alonside S-Ball and does a ton to special walls like Clefable and Munchlax 3HKO'ing the latter after three CM's.
Rest is great because Clefable can come in and Heal Bell to wake Coffee up.

Threat List

, Liligant, Escavalier, Braviary.

Please PM me if you can instruct me on how to include an importable version of the team :)
So that's the Team, This is by all means an early draft but I Worked Hard on it so you're honest opinion is much appreciated, all suggestions will be seriously considered

Importable. Test it out on PO!
Code:
Scyther (scyther) @ Eviolite
Trait: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Aerial Ace
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Hitmonlee @ Life Orb
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Hi Jump Kick
- Double-Edge
- Foresight

Drapion @ Leftovers
Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SDef / 16 Spd
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
- Heal Bell

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Trait: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Rest

Accelgor @ Life Orb
Trait: Sticky Hold
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- focus blast
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Giga Drain

Yonko7

Guns make you stupid. Duct tape makes you smart.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hey nice to see Scyther getting some love!

As you mentioned in your post, Nidoqueen is a big problem for you, and in addition Hitmonlee isn't doing too much for you. At best it can sacrifice itself with Foresight + Rapid Spin, but then the opponent can just set Stealth Rock again, which severely hinders Scyther. Also, Pokemon that are faster than Scyther is a problem for you, so some priority would help. For these reasons I suggest, Offensive Spinner Kabutops.

@ Life Orb
Weak Armor | Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
  • Rapid Spin
  • Swords Dance
  • Aqua Jet
  • Stone Edge

With Swords Dance, Kabutops has the chance to beat every spinblocker, which then guarantees that Stealth Rock will be off the field for Scyther. Also, Aqua Jet over Waterfall is recommened because priority is a nice tool to have, and at +2 it hurts. Also, Kabutops can act as a Nidoqueen check, not a counter.

Next, I find that the lack of Stealth Rock is a big problem, especially with the powerhouse Fire-types such as Moltres and Entei. For that reason, I recommend Aerodactyl over Accelgor. Aerodactyl is slower than Accelgor, but it has the added benefit of Stealth Rock, Roost, and if needed Taunt.

@Life Orb
Pressure | Jolly
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
  • Stealth Rock
  • Rock Slide
  • Earthquake
  • Roost

With max Speed investment, Aerodactyl can outspeed +1 Feraligator, and Swellow, two who can cause problems for your team. Now I have Rock Slide over Stone Edge, because the accuracy is more reliable and the flinch rate can be a life-saver, but if you prefer the power then Stone Edge is there. Also, I recommend Roost over Taunt since you already have a Cleric and Spinner, that Taunt isn't too necessary. With Roost, Aerodactyl can be a constant nuisance, as it can outspeed almost anything and recover, but Taunt is a viable option if you want the "Suicide Lead".

For Drapion, Toxic Spikes might be its niche, but with Poison-types being prevalent it has some limited use. I think you should instead use Bulky Swords Dance Drapion. With this set, Drapion can be bulky, and provide an offensive presence to help keep the pressure on the opponent.

@Leftovers
Battle Armor | Jolly
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
  • Swords Dance
  • Taunt
  • Crunch
  • Earthquake

With this set, Drapion is one of the best stallbreakers in the game. With a Swords Dance boost, Drapion can easily wreak havoc at +2. Also, Drapion can handle bulky Ghost-types if it can avoid a Will-O-Wisp, and even then with Clefable that doesn't matter too much.

Lastly, I think Calm Mind Cofagrigus is out of place on your team, and I recommend using the defensive set with Rest over Pain Split as you have a Cleric.

[/img]http://www.smogon.com/download/sprites/bw/593.png[/img]@Leftovers
Mummy | Bold
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
  • Will-O-Wisp
  • Shadow Ball
  • Haze
  • Rest

• With this set, Escavalier becomes way less of a problem as Cofagrigus can outspeed and use Will-O-Wisp to neuter it.

Summary of Changes
    Code:
    Hitmonlee -> Kabutops
    Accelgor -> Aerodactyl
    Drapion -> Bulky SD
    Cofagrigus -> Defensive set
    Hope I helped, happy hunting!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)