Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick​

A personal favorite of mine to trap a pokemon an get a free kill. I opted specs over scarf because of Thundurus' ability to slow down any threat but am still testing the two items. Thunderbolt was opted out for Hidden Power [Fire] because of my Volt Switch and T-Bolt from Thundurus and lack of fire move on the team.

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast​

Typical prankster support attacker, I really enjoy their entire team being either burnt or slow since this team is not designed to sweep but rather keep offensive tempo and chip them away from multiple angles. Focus blast for type coverage and Hidden Power [Ice] for dragons. Thundurus also helps add to my EQ weakness

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Knock Off​

My main revenge killer as well as a good U-turn for a VoltTurn core as well as allowing many of my pokemon who enjoy free set-ups. The reason I like Knock Off and choice scarf on Lando is I feel the meta has shifted into being ready for Lando to be an offensive pivot. I am hoping to catch people off guard with Lando being scarfed and Charizard being my pivot.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 148 SpD / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost​

The first pokemon added to the team, I really have enjoyed DD Charizard but feel that it creates an amazing offensive pivot that many people don't expect/aren't prepared for. I gave him a Def build and Rotom-W a SpD build because it helps me switch into Latios, which gives me issues on this team. I opted for Dragon Claw of Fire Punch because I wanted more neutral hits and have no other way to get a dragon move easily on the team.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 SpD / 44 Spe
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split​

Typical Rotom-W, on the team namely for it synergy with pretty much everyone on the team. As with Charizard I have opted for a Spd build because of the amount of burn I expect to see on their offensive threats. Pain Split over resto because I find this team playing the war of attrition rather than big boosts of strength.

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Head​

Typical Rapid Spinner and rocks user. I opted for Excadrill over Latios/as because of the damage coverage and ability to also set up rocks, have thought about Skarmory to replace him if he is dying too fast. I give him Air Balloon just to increase the amount of switch ins I have to EQ since my team has a lot of weak people to it with Teravolt and mold breaker.

Overall my goal is to make this team win by constantly applying offensive pressure forcing switches under SR and poking holes bit by bit until my pokemon can just finish them off with type coverage. The biggest hole I see right now is Latios, I have attempted to switch some pokemon around, namely Thundurus for Sylveon or Azumarill but find it doesn't work as well. Any advice would be appreciated.

Replays for anyone interested.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-166197757
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-166185879

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)