First Smogon RMT

I have been around Serebii and have seen my share of smogon teams and heres a team idea I have. Please dnt be too hard on me I am new but I am open to others ideas.
this is a new singles team that I have used on PO and its done well so far...so tell me what you think

Summary:

Azelf@Focus Sash
Hasty-252Spattk-252Spe
-SR
-Taunt
-Fire Blast
-Explosion

A rather bland lead Azelf. Sr is a great entry hazard while Taunt destroys stallers and other entry hazard users. Reflect is good for priority users and helps out my team more. Explosion is pretty obvious. So far the only real troublesome leads are choice scarf leads and Aerodactyl which outspeeds and taunts Azelf. Otherwise I can usually just switch in if the opponent lead will take out Azelf.

Roserade@Black Sludge
Timid-252Spa-252Spe
-Energy Ball
-HP Fire
-Sleep Powder
-Spikes

Similar to the lead Roserade but its not a lead. Ive found that this guy functions bettr as a secondary entry hazard user for this team at least. Energy Ball and Hp Fire get nice coverage. Sleep Powder helps me set up Toxic Spikes and lets my other pokes set up as well. Another benefit to this guy is he destroys Zapdos's nemesis Swampert. And can use sleep and energy ball to take out many bulky waters and ground types.

Suicune@Leftovers
Timid-32Hp-252Spatk-224Spe
-Surf
-HP Electric
-Substitute
-Calm Mind

Calm Mind Suicune is a monster. With a few CMs and decent coverage few can stop it. Sub prevents status and lets me set up more. Toxic Spikes prevent it from being a sitting duck while CM. HP Electric destroys Gyarados and other Bulky Waters that try to switch in. Ive gone with an offensive set to surprise the opponent who will think its the common crocune and it outspeeds a decent amount of opponents.

Zapdos@Leftovers
Bold-248Hp-224Def-36Spe
-Thunderbolt
-Hp Ice
-Roost
-Toxic

Zapdos is another nice staller that pairs well with Suicune. Its a defensive set since Suicune sponges up most special attacks. Thunderbolt is a nice attack in general and STAB helps. HP Ice is of course terrific coverage. HP Grass is unneeded with Roserade destroying Swampert. Roar gets entry hazard damage, scouting, and poisons the pokes coming in.

Scizor(Technician)@Life Orb
Adamant-252HP-252Atk
-Swords Dance
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Superpower

Scizor is a great revenge killer with its technician STAB Bullet Punches. Swords Dance and Life orb add power without sacrificing manuverability. Pursuit is great for pokes switching out and Superpower is just great with SD against Heatran and Tyranitar to get back the attack loss. The main issue here of course is that any poke that resists BP is very hard to take down such as bulky waters. Would it be worth using Quick Attack over Pursuit?

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
252 Atk / 64 SpAtk / 192 Spe
-Close Combat
-U-Turn
-Stone Edge
-Overheat

Im using this mixed ape as a semi revenge killer
The last slot is still kinda hazy but so far im using this SD Infernape. SD and nice speed are deadly while STAB Fire is nice. Close Combat is a terrific move for some top threats(Tyranitar, Heatran, Snorlax) and Thunder Punch of course for bulky waters. This guy is the most replaceable imo since hes more of just a filler right now.

I am also thinking of teaching Roserade Spikes instead of Toxic Spikes and teaching Toxic to Zapdos instead of Roar

Well thats it please tell me what you think and any suggestions.

First of all, I think the mods are going to lock this thread if you don't buff up your descriptions.

Now to the rate. On Azelf, Fire Blast over Reflect, and Hasty over Jolly. Put the 4 HP EVs into Att., and the original Att. EVs into Sp. Att. Fire Blast massacres most priority users, and Hasty to not lower Fire Blast's power. Explosion makes you go out with a boom, pun intended.

On Roserade, use Spikes over TSpikes.

On Zapdos, use Toxic over Roar.

I would replace Scizor with a TrickScarfer, or at the very least a CBand variant like the one in the SmoDex.

There's my two cents, hope I could help!

Your team synergy is pretty good, but there are a few other things that could use some tweaking. It's not a bad team though. First of all, give Azelf Fire Blast and take off Reflect. Because this is an offensive team, Toxic Spikes won't help you much. Your team is very stall weak currently. Shaymin can help quite a bit. Modest gives you more power but Timid is faster, both work.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Modest/Timid
252 HP / 68 SpA / 188 Spe
Seed Flare
Hidden Power Fire
Leech Seed
Protect

On Zapdos, change Roar to Heat Wave. It's more effective and he's a great bulky sweeper. Scizor has no reason to run Pursuit, because nothing is fleeing from him (except when you switch him in). Change it to Bug Bite. If you get annoyed by Superpower lowering your attack, Brick Break is another option. It's all personal preference. Infernape is a great sweeper. Every member of this team (besides Shaymin) is walled by SkarmBliss. Change him to a mixed sweeper.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
252 Atk / 64 SpAtk / 192 Spe
Close Combat
U-Turn
Stone Edge
Overheat

I hope I helped you out, and good luck.

Aerrow

hunter
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, this teams to be a nice team you have here. Its got a decent sense of both strategy and synergy and the structure/core of your team is also quite strong. However, I see this team having problems with a couple of noteworthy foes like dragon dance Gyarados, dragon dance Dragonite as well as other various set up sweepers. But, before I get to how to deal with the threats, I'm going to make a couple of suggestions on your Pokemon's sets first: I think you should make Roserade's nature to calm and change the EVs to 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD as since Roserade is setting up entry hazards, toxic spikes in this case, it will need a decent amount of bulk to accomplish the task. Also, I don't really see the need of reflect support on this team; you would be better off with running the colbur berry Azelf lead set as not only does it get up stealth rock, it starts the battle with a significant amount of momentum allowing you sweepers to have an easier time putting constant pressure upon the opponent.

Azelf @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 HP/140 Atk/216 Spd/144 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- U-turn

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spd/4 SpDef
Jolly nature (+Spd,-SpAtk)
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stone Edge / Thunderpunch
- U-turn

Moving back to the threats; as I said, set up sweepers, like dragon dance Gyarados and Dragonite seem to give this team problems, so seeing as you currently lack a revenge killer, I suggest replacing either Zapdos or Infernape for a choice scarf Flygon. This change will allow you to better deal with the aforementioned threats while also causing a greater amount of switches in the opponent's team through Flygon's ability to scout, allowing your entry hazards to be of more use. Lastly: although this change is not by any means necessary, I think it should be considered for testing; if you choose to replace Zapdos for Flygon, it may be wise to change your swords dance Scizor to the choice band variant as it pairs up nicely with Flygon and the of them can rack up a lot of damage by just repetitive U-turns. I hope this has helped, and good luck!

thanks guys i really appreciate it. Id rather not use Flygon since he would add to my Ice weakness and instead of Bug Bite Im going to use Quick Attack since Scizors speed is so bad. I did a Toxic, Spikes thing with Roserade and Zapdos. I used Fire Blast instead of Reflect. O and im going with Alphas mixed Infernape set.

Quick Attack does nothing for scizor, as STAB bullet punch should do almost as much, nailing any KOs you might get with QA. I do re-recommend pursuit OR bug bite because they allow you to do major damage to fleeing psychic types. Pursuit is usually better because they will be switching out.

This_site_blows

Wi-Fi Blacklisted
When it comes to scizor, try to keep a STAB bullet punch which also gets a technician boost if your scizor has that ability.

Life orb should be on your infernape since it's mixed. and you should give choice band to scizor and teach it u-turn. This way, He can deal some hefty damage and just run right back to you without taking a hit. This is also good for scouting out your opponent's pokemon. Since once you send out scizor, they almost always will switch to a fire type of some sort. Plus, pursuit is a good priority move as it's the fastest move and will deal damage when your foe tries switching out for that fire type. Then, once they do, You can U-turn them. PM me and let me know what you think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)