First Team 1v1 battles

Like the title says this is my first team and is for 1v1 battles. I have battled with it enough to know the weak points like to many pokemon weak to fire but am not sure I have provided enough support to cover for the weakness.

Jumpluff
chlorophyl
nature: Jolly
1st move: sleep powder
2nd move: stun spore
3rd move: u-turn
4th move: encore
item: focus sash
252hp/4atk/252spe
Sent out first uses sleep powder or stun spore then u-turns into metagross most of the time.
When it gets one pokemon asleep then the next time it comes out it stun spores and u-turns into whatever is the best option to get rid of the opposing pokemon.

Metagross
clear body
nature: adamant
1st move: stealth rock
2nd move: meteor mash
3rd move: bullet punch
4th move: explosion
item: occa berry
252hp/252atk/4spe
usually sent in by jumpluff uses stealth rock first turn it is out then meteor mash depending on opposing pokemon and sometimes explosion when necessary. If it stays around rather than exploding then it meteor mashes until it gets low health then I use explosion.

magmortar
flame body
nature: timid
1st move: overheat
2nd move: thunderbolt
3rd move: focus blast
4th move: hidden power (grass)
item: choice specs
44def/252spa/212spe
switched in to deal with pokemon weak against fire and sometimes fighting. has hidden power grass and thunderbolt to deal with water types if it comes to that although i try to avoid that. If my opponent is using a water type that is giving me trouble then i will put him in and use thunderbolt or hidden power grass on it if i think he can hit it first.

scizor
technician
1st move: bullet punch
2nd move: swords dance
3rd move: superpower
4th move: bug bite
item: leftovers
4hp/252atk/252spe
Here to be a big hitter and helps against rock and psychic types with bullet punch and bug bite. Mainly used for the technician and STAB bonus on bullet punch helps most of the time.

tyranitar
sand stream
nature: jolly
1st move: stone edge
2nd move: crunch
3rd move: pursuit
4th move: earthquake
item: choice scarf
4hp/252atk/252spe
usually sent in after metagross depending on the opponents pokemon used to take out psychic types and rock types mostly. Seems to do really good but the only problem is having to switch him out to change moves because of the choice scarf but the speed boost is good so it turns into a double edged sword on me when he is last and gets stuck on something like earthquake against a flying type, levitate, or balloon.

feraligatr
torrent
1st move: dragon dance
2nd move: waterfall
3rd move: ice punch
4th move: earthquake
item: life orb
28hp/252atk/228spe
In the team to help against fire, dragon, and rock types mostly. The life orb seems to be a bad choice against faster pokemon that can deal alot of damage to him.

I think Magmortar is UU ... might be OU too not too sure. I would run either a Dragon or another Poke over Magmortar, but it's up to you. I would either do

@

Timid Nature
EV: 4 Hp / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Moves:
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power Fire
- Psychoshock

OR

@

Jolly Nature
Sheer Force Ability
EV: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Superpower
EQ / U-Turn
Stone Edge

Either one has been a powerhouse for me, much more so than Magmortar

The team has a big problem against Rotom-W and rain teams. Rotom-W can easily sweep through your Scizor, Magmortar, Ferlaigatar, Tyranitar, and Metagross. While the only thing Jumpluff can do it either Sleep Powder or Stun Spore. Sleep Powder is really risky if you're going to use it to stop Rotom-W, since your opponent can just take the Sleep Powder on something useless. Stun Spore isn't going to do anything, and you're just going to die off a Thunderbolt or Volt Switch. While other Pokemon like Starmie in the rain can also just easily sweep your team, as your only means of stopping it is Choice Scarf Tyranitar. I strongly suggest replacing the Jumpluff for a Celebi. Celebi will lessen the weakness to Rotom-W and Jellicent that your team has a big problem with. With Natural Cure being able to neglect the harms of Will-O-Wisp. You also have a big problem against Conkeldurr, as with a Bulk Up and weakened Jumpluff (which really can't do anything to Conkeldurr except Encore) can easily sweep your whole team. Giving Celebi Psychic will also help ease this problem. Here's the Celebi set:

Celebi @ Leftovers -- Natural Cure
Nature: Modest - EVs: 220 HP / 252 SpAtk / 36 Spd
- Psychic
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Nasty Plot

Have a nice day

Whimsicott is a better choice than Jumpluff to do that, as it has Prankster to allow you to always hit the opponent with Sleep Powder first
Whimsicott
nature: Jolly
Sleep Powder
Tailwind/Stun Spore
U-turn
Encore
item: Leftovers
252hp/4atk/252spe
Tried to keep it as similar as possible to your previous set. I put in Tailwind as you said Ferailgatr needs some extra speed before the DDance boost

Alternatively you could put in a SubSeed Set
Substitute
Leech Seed
Encore / Taunt
U-Turn
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
36 Def / 252 SpD / 220 Spe

probably can magmortar for a more capable special sweeper. Switching Jumpluff for the above suggested whimsicott would be a good idea. Maybe instead of magmortar run Flash fire chandelure to get rid of your fire weaknesses and your huge fighting weaknesses against tyranitar. Your current set would be wiped out by Hi-jump kicking life orbed mienshau. It would come out against tyranitar and hi jump kick and hit something then get to go first again and 2hko any of the team. Have you ever tried Azumarril? Max hp and max attack one can take stab thunderbolts.

Maybe?

Azumarill @ choice band/aqua gem/leftovers
ev:252 HP 252 Atk 4 sp. def
Trait: huge power(gives him 436 atk I believe)

-Aqua jet (one-hit ko's scarfed jolly darminatin who can wax many pokes with flare blitz)

-waterfall (reliable stab but your slow and will go second most of the time)

-return (hits a lot of pokes who resist your stab fairly hard and 2hko in most cases)

-Protect/Bulldoze/Bellydrum/superpower/aqua ring/brick break.

Protect should be used with leftovers. Some of these moves are egg and therefore should be checked before going together. I use superpower/aqua jet/return/waterfall and works fairly well just know who walls you and have someone else in your team handle them easily.

If you add any of the suggestions you will need to add a flying type to avoid earthquake.

The best IMO is this:

Staraptor @choice scarf
Jolly nature
EVs 252 hp 4 atk 252 speed
Trait: intimidate

U-turn (used for scouting)
Brave Bird (use only if your one on one)
Close combat (revenge killing)
Final Gambit (The key to this set)

Final Gambit is amazing, especially after a team has been well scouted. With max HP there are 134 (not including ghosts) pokemon that starraptor does not get a guarenteed OHKO. IF you look closely a bunch of common walls are below this HP line (tentacruel, ludicolo etc.)

These are just some suggestions take what you like leave what you don't. Good luck and have fun!

2 better water type ddancers than feraligatr are gyarados and Kingdra. Gyarados has a ground immunity, so he'd be better than feraligatr:

name: Offensive Dragon Dance
move 1: Dragon Dance
move 2: Waterfall
move 3: Stone Edge
move 4: Earthquake / Bounce
nature: Adamant / Jolly
item: Life Orb
ability: Moxie / Intimidate
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe

GL

I replaced Jumpluff with

Whimsicott
Jolly
-grass whistle
-hidden power fire
-U-turn
-Encore
Leftovers
252hp/4atk/252spe

magmortar with

Azumarill
adamant
huge power
-Aqua jet
-waterfall
-return
-superpower
252hp/252atk/4spd

Feraligatr with

Gyarados
-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Stone Edge
-Bounce
Jolly
Life Orb
Intimidate
252atk/4def/252spe
and I also replaced metagross bullet punch with thunderpunch and Tyranitar pursuit with thunder. The team is doing better than before and can deal with weaknesses better than before.

Maybe change tyranitar's thunder for fireblast so you will have a special hit on a cursing ferrothorn rather than relying on 3 superpowers which will make you take considerable damage. HP fire will be an option to take him out with whimsicott if you somehow get an encore on his curse/ leech seed. Just keep that in mind but already your team has improved tremendously. Good Luck

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)