Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch
- U-turn

The necessary scarfer/scouter, I picked flygon over other common scarfer's as it usually outspeeds them, also it's stab EQ does a lot to common threats in UU: Including, Raikou, Darmanitan, Chandelure, Arcanine, even takes out a chunk of specially defensive rhyperior.
I started off with Super power as 3rd slot but decided against it, considering it doesnt hit much. I replaced with fire punch, to hit heracross reliably and roserade, although eq does the same to it.
Outrage is normally used to clean up weakened teams, pretty good synergy with Eq, pretty much staple.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Trait: Marvel Scale
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SDef / 8 Spd
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Ah my special defensive behemoth, also my status absorber, next to shaymin, also works as my hazer, as most people try to set up on it.
Pretty standard set otherwise.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave

Zapdos, the special sweeper, as you can see it it's a standard set, hp grass to not be walled by grounds or water/ground, also hits rhyperior like a freight train, heat wave to hit steel's and grass types, tbolt for powerful stab. Ive opted for roost to deal with srock damage and because zapdos causes switches, Im running 2 atk and 30 spatt to give most powerful hp grass with lowest atk possible to be hit slightly weaker by foul play by umbreon.
Main check to heracross, also takes on offensive roserade quite well which is usually a problem for the team.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 244 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Toxic
My srock setter and defensive pivot poke, also helps me wear down big walls with toxic, body slam is for fast offensive threats, hoping to get para's. Also helps me not get utterly walled by levitator's and flying types, without fear of a para.

Heracross @ Life Orb
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
My late game sweeper and wall breaker, I opted for Life orb, considering, I like the damage output, however it does make hera get worn down really easily by hazards, specially if they get spikes up. Ive opted for EQ for those moments when you dont want the defense/sp def drops and still wanna hit hard without fear of missing.

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SAtk / 8 Spd
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Substitute
- Psychic
My weird, sub seeding shaymin without max speed, enough hp for subs to take a seismic toss, main counter to bulky water types, also can destroy stuff like rhyperior. Also deals with bulky water's and ground's also it's a good wall breaker with seed flare, causing big sp defensive drops that make the opponent switch or get hit insanely hard, Psychic is there to hit heracross hard, assuming it's locked in on an EQ or stone edge, also hits roserade harder, and somewhat mitigates the machamp problem this team has.

Threatlist:

Machamp does a number on this team with stab dynamic punches, even swampert takes 40ish% percent from one, my only resist is zapdos and it doesnt take it as well as Id hope and only hits back for 70% with tbolt.

Offensive and defensive roserade cause trouble with powerful sludge bomb's and leaf storm's and sleep powder, and tspikes, respectively. This team doesnt enjoy spikes or tspikes, zapdos is the only one that takes on offensive roserade, and still not that well, flygon can check it once, it's lowish on health with eq and/ or fire punch depending on what I prefer to lock myself into.

Porygon-Z Is kind of a problem, once my milotic is gone, and even if it's still around a download sp att boost + tbolt does quite a bit to milotic, and my team has no real counter to it, gotta just wear it down with scald and recover.

I think replacing Flygon with Victini would help fix the weaknesses you outlined. Victini can basically come in and nuke all 3 with a V-Create, and even with uninvested defensive stats its 100 / 100 / 100 base stats let it live a lot of things.

Set:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Calcs:
252SpAtk +1 Porygon-Z (Neutral) Tri Attack vs 0HP/4SpDef Victini (Neutral): 58% - 69% (201 - 237 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252SpAtk +1 Porygon-Z (Neutral) Dark Pulse vs 0HP/4SpDef Victini (Neutral): 78% - 92% (268 - 316 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Victini (Neutral) V-create vs 4HP/0Def Porygon-Z (Neutral): 105% - 124% (328 - 387 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Victini (Neutral) V-create vs 212HP/0Def Machamp (Neutral): 78% - 93% (295 - 348 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

I think the rest of this team is pretty solid. I do think that Heracross would benefit greatly if you replaced Earthquake with Substitute however. Due to Heracross's nature in UU it causes a lot of switches, and it can really abuse a Substitute.

I think replacing Flygon with Victini would help fix the weaknesses you outlined. Victini can basically come in and nuke all 3 with a V-Create, and even with uninvested defensive stats its 100 / 100 / 100 base stats let it live a lot of things.

Set:
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Zen Headbutt
- U-turn

Calcs:
252SpAtk +1 Porygon-Z (Neutral) Tri Attack vs 0HP/4SpDef Victini (Neutral): 58% - 69% (201 - 237 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
252SpAtk +1 Porygon-Z (Neutral) Dark Pulse vs 0HP/4SpDef Victini (Neutral): 78% - 92% (268 - 316 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252Atk Victini (Neutral) V-create vs 4HP/0Def Porygon-Z (Neutral): 105% - 124% (328 - 387 HP). Guaranteed OHKO.
252Atk Victini (Neutral) V-create vs 212HP/0Def Machamp (Neutral): 78% - 93% (295 - 348 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

I think the rest of this team is pretty solid. I do think that Heracross would benefit greatly if you replaced Earthquake with Substitute however. Due to Heracross's nature in UU it causes a lot of switches, and it can really abuse a Substitute.

Kinda leaves me with a problem against scarfed chandelure though, and scarfed darmanitan, which both kinda break my walls. *Flare blitz does 44% to swampert.* However I do enjoy the fire/water/grass core there... Maybe Ill test it out once I feel like doing some UU.

hey Icey, my first thoughts on the team is that it is quite a nice team, and pretty orthodox as well. great job on making it, but there are certain flaws that i see, and i will try to provide as much constructive feedback as i can.

Firstly IMO, I'd prefer a scarfed Reckless Mienshao over Heracross, currently a lot of the pokemon in UU will have problems against Mienshao, especially the scarfed variant. And here's the thing; Heracross is COMPLETELY walled by gligar it resist both of its STAB and is immune to EQ, and even a stone edge is :
252 Atk Life Orb Heracross Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 65-77 (19.46 - 23.05%) -- possible 5HKO.
The Choice Scarf set that i run on my Mienshao that i use is :

(Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Hi Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

0- SpA Mienshao Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Gligar: 164-196 (49.1 - 58.68%) -- 98.05%

well let's just say Mienshao is a much better option- IMO

also, if you want to keep Heracross then my advice is that you have HP Ice on Zapdos instead. But that is debatable as HP grass is a good option. Flygon is also not very effective when gligar is around.
252 Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Gligar: 76-91 (22.75 - 27.24%)

Milotic is a great special defensive pokemon, but you may want to try umbreon? its up to you, i like it because it can be used as a wish passer and it has acess to heal bell.
Swampert, again is great. but it lacks recovery outside of rest, and hence maybe gligar and Milotic? or Gligar and Umbreon? this choice is up to your preference, but they have good synergy. and all in all Gligar is more bulkier then swampert haha. :)
before i move on, id also like to point out that Cofagrigus is quite a nuisance to your team and it can cause some problems, and be very hard to take down.
Maybe you could consider Chandelure as an option?

Now for the rest of your team, i like how your using LO Zapdos and Shaymin as your 2 special attackers, but they do share a common weakness - ice. just pointing that out, think about that. So does your Flygon, with a 4x weakness, my point being beware for the odd ice-type.

Well im not here too, change your whole team or make a new one haha, all the feedback above was just what i felt about your team and what are some changes i would make.
Other than that, the team is quite solid, and if used correctly/well, it should do well :)

and here is the latest Smogon usage statistics: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3481580
you might be interested in the UU section.

Well, hope you appreciate my feedback, and you have success :)
Take care, ~ABfloww

Thanks for the input, AB, Ive encountered quite a few cofagrigus, and shaymin usually deals quite well with them. Also they dont appreciate a zapdos tbolt.
Regarding the umbreon and gligar, Gligar kinda just adds to me team's weakness to ice, however looking at it, maybe Ill consider as reccomended earlier changing flygon to victini, which does mitigate the ice weakness substantially, but doesnt get past gligar either, unless I run hp ice.
Mienshao is an interesting choice, but doesnt really give me coverage on psychic's. And being locked into hi jump kick is... Not the best option.

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey there Icey. Nice team <_<
Here be the vibes that I be feelin':
Firstly: Your current swampert set is basically a gligar set, And gligar pairs well with milotic (IMO), so you should use Gligar > Swampert. Sure, you get less power, but you were investing in defense anyway. I suggest you use SR/EQ/Roost/Toxic or U-turn for moves on Gligar.
Now, for your change from gligar to swampert, you have a big Ice weakness. To help mitigate, I suggest replacing Shaymin (who, in my opinion, doesn't seem to do too much) for somekind of Chandelure. Scarfed, LO, and Specs are all fair options, and I'm not sure which one would work best. So, you can decide that. But, with Gligar > Swampert, and Chandy > Shaymin, you now have a more dedicated physical that pairs better with your special wall, and a nice Ghost/Fire type that should help with the threats you mentioned, at least a tad.

EDIT: IMO, Flygon is not as good a scarfer as it once was. If you fear Ice weakness, I say replace Flygon with Mienshao, scarfed. Scarf meinshao just wrecks SO HARD :x

About scarf mienshao, you just gotta be smart about it. And not even that smart. if your opponent has a ghost type, don't randomly spam HJK. that = bad. :C

PS: Good Luck with your team, hope I helped ^w^

Hi Icey,

I gave your team a few quick runs on the ladder. Since I don't have much experience on the UU ladder, the only change I have to suggest is fairly minor. Right now, Shaymin is slower than standard non-scarfed Chandelures by only 4 speed points. Moving 20 EVs from special attack or HP to speed will let you outspeed both standard Chandelure and adamant Honchkrow. It might not come up too often, but the extra 33% or so of damage psychic does against Chandelure before it moves could help.

I had a lot of fun trying your team out. Best of luck on the ladder, and thanks for posting it!

Hi Icey,

I gave your team a few quick runs on the ladder. Since I don't have much experience on the UU ladder, the only change I have to suggest is fairly minor. Right now, Shaymin is slower than standard non-scarfed Chandelures by only 4 speed points. Moving 20 EVs from special attack or HP to speed will let you outspeed both standard Chandelure and adamant Honchkrow. It might not come up too often, but the extra 33% or so of damage psychic does against Chandelure before it moves could help.

I had a lot of fun trying your team out. Best of luck on the ladder, and thanks for posting it!
Im not sure if I like the changes, I really dont think staying in here would be the best choice at any point and max hp is a necessity, shaymin again is more of a wall breaker so speed isnt necessary. However I can see the usage and the extra Ev's arent doing that much for me anyways.
Hey there Icey. Nice team <_<
Here be the vibes that I be feelin':
Firstly: Your current swampert set is basically a gligar set, And gligar pairs well with milotic (IMO), so you should use Gligar > Swampert. Sure, you get less power, but you were investing in defense anyway. I suggest you use SR/EQ/Roost/Toxic or U-turn for moves on Gligar.
Now, for your change from gligar to swampert, you have a big Ice weakness. To help mitigate, I suggest replacing Shaymin (who, in my opinion, doesn't seem to do too much) for somekind of Chandelure. Scarfed, LO, and Specs are all fair options, and I'm not sure which one would work best. So, you can decide that. But, with Gligar > Swampert, and Chandy > Shaymin, you now have a more dedicated physical that pairs better with your special wall, and a nice Ghost/Fire type that should help with the threats you mentioned, at least a tad.

EDIT: IMO, Flygon is not as good a scarfer as it once was. If you fear Ice weakness, I say replace Flygon with Mienshao, scarfed. Scarf meinshao just wrecks SO HARD :x

About scarf mienshao, you just gotta be smart about it. And not even that smart. if your opponent has a ghost type, don't randomly spam HJK. that = bad. :C

PS: Good Luck with your team, hope I helped ^w^
Ive used scarfed mienshao before, and it doesnt help the ice weakness as mienshao cannot take any hits., and loses the awesome super effective coverage that flygon provides. Gligar for swampert, I can see myself doing, Im just worried I become setup bait and the ice weakness.
Believe me shaymin does work, it takes on all the ghosts in the tier, and destroys stall teams.

*My pro rate, lol*

Flygon stinks, I've tried using him, but I can never run an effective set. And Roserade is super common, so throw a fire type on yo' team or give one of your pokemon HP Fire. I really don't think Flygon will be able to effectively KO a Roserade with a measly Fire Punch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)