First team in over a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

1. For the past few days, I've started to become familiar with the common Pokemon used in Gen 6. I started with my old mono-fighting team I made over a year ago, and it's really interesting how less effective it is nowadays. After knowing what to expect, I took a stab at a proper, balanced team. As of this post, my rating on PS is apx. 1600. Here it is. Suggestions on how to improve it will be appreciated

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Quick Attack
    - Swords Dance
    - Close Combat
    I always thought Pinsir was cool, but I never considered using him in a serious team until now. With the Pinsirite, there's not really any reason to NOT consider Pinsir for a spot on your team, especially if your playstyle is more geared toward offense.
    Earthquake is mainly for Aegislash, as it doesn't drop your attack when it hits King's Shield. I run Quick Attack over Return because my team lacks priority. Quick Attack has saved my ass on many occasions.

Salamence @ Life Orb
    Ability: Moxie
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature
    - Dragon Dance
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    Mixed sweeper. The goal of Salamence is to come in to force a switch, DD up, and proceed to rip flesh from bones. Fire Blast takes care of the occasional Skarmory and Ferrothorn.

Heatran @ Air Balloon
    Ability: Flash Fire
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Modest Nature
    - Fire Blast
    - Stealth Rock
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    Soaks fire type attacks aimed at Pinsir and Klefki. Sets hazards along with Klefki, usually behind screens. Air Balloon is a must-have; it has won me a few close games.

Klefki @ Light Clay
    Ability: Prankster
    EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
    Lax Nature
    - Spikes
    - Foul Play
    - Light Screen
    - Reflect
    I often lead with Klefki. Depending on the opponents lead, I either setup spikes right away, or set up screens if it's capable of killing me off. Both of these help Pinsir's and Salamence's jobs easier as sweepers.

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Hasty Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Ice Beam
    - Dark Pulse
    - U-turn
    Greninja's mainly filler, so I added him to the team on a whim. I haven't regretted it yet; he's proven invaluable in fights against teams packing Gliscor and dragons. Getting STAB on every move is a neat ability to have.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - U-turn
    Takes ground attacks aimed at Klefki and grounded Heatran. The purpose of Landorus-T on this team is to put an end to a sweep. Intimidate cuts attack, while the +1 speed from scarf usually catches people by surprise. Often the enemy will leave their Jolteon in hoping to fire off an HP Ice, only to be outsped and killed by earthquake.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Can you add some more descriptions and images? Images make it easier to visualize a team and its components, which is otherwise hard to do when you are just reading them since they come off as flat. The description thing is just a rule, but it isn't too important. Just be intelligent about it.

Anyway, I hate being the user that says that without contributing to the team itself, so I'm going to try and give this team some advice before it is locked (note: if they do lock it, you can always edit the RMT and a moderator will unlock it).

Swiching into fighting-STABs look really hard to do, and Rotom-W looks really annoying. You have almost no way of dealing with common priorities from CB Genesect or Dragonite or anything. +2 Kangaskhan easily sweeps this team as well as Keldeo. Talonflame can easily smash though most things since Landorus-T is the only switch in you have, and it doesn't really tank +1 Brave Bird too well.

I would replace Klefki with Defog Dual Screens Latios so Salamence has an easier time setting up since you can remove opposing Stealth Rocks. I would replace Greninja for Choice Band Genesect so you have forms of priority for threatening things like Kangs and Keldeo and Talonflame, while I'd replace Landorus-T with Physically Defensive Rotom-W so you have something bulkier that can switch into Talonflame.

Personally, I'd give Weakness Policy Dragonite over Salamence a try since it's much better at sweeping this meta, but that's just me.

Good Luck adjusting to the new metagame! :)

If you edit this RMT, I'll come back in case I might have missed something.

Read the rules, your descriptions aren't good enough. PM me with better ones and I'll unlock this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)