First teamz. Plz ratez.

Now, after the downfall of many teams,I decided to make a new one. I usually go for Balance, leaning towards Offence. I thought about going Stall. But didn't like it. I thought about Bulky Offence, nope. I finally decided on fast, frail offence.

Now, this type of team can require small amounts of prediction to use. It relies on heavy resistances and immunites to switch into attacks, rather than walls. So you need to learn how to predict the next attack. After a bit of practice, I managed to climb the Smogon ladder, until I began to stay solid at about 1650.

I've decided to add something different into this. Instead of a a general threat list, I will detail how I handle the counters to each pokemon in my team.

AT A GLANCE

Empoleon (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 244 HP/20 Def/8 Spd/238 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Hydro Pump
- Grass Knot
- Aqua Jet
- Stealth Rock

Lead Empoleon. This little set here was built by calum, and I love it. It beats almost every lead there is. Metagross is a certain 2HKO from Hydro Pump, while Earthquake from Metagross is only a 2HKO too. Azelf is KOed by Hydro Pump+Aqua Jet. Most Azelf Taunt/SR first turn, so I come out undamaged. With Jirachi, Hydro Pump is a 2HKO. But I normally choose to switch in either Starmie or Jirachi to take the Trick. Aerodactyl will almost always Taunt, and will be KOed by Hydro Pump+Aqua Jet. Empoleon survives a Fake Out and Close Combat from Ape, and can KO with Hydro Pump+Aqua Jet. Swampert is a OHKO with Grass Knot. Hippowdon is a OHKO with Hydro Pump. As you can see, most of the common leads are easily downed by this Empoleon set, that also sets up its own Stealth Rock.

Counters

Blissey is easily handled by switching in Mamoswine to the obvious Thunderwave. Starmie, a common switchin due to RS, is handled by switching in Mamoswine to the Thunderbolt, then Starmie to the Surf. Starmie can then KO with Thunderbolt. Most of these switchins are handled by simply switching around a bit, until I get a favourable matchup.

Infernape (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Fire Punch
- Mach Punch

Infernape. The forgotten Swords Dancer. The amount of people that don't even realise that Infernape can leran Swords Dance is huge. It has caught many people off guard, and had many powerful and brutal sweeps. EVS and nature are quite simple. Maximise power and speed. Some of you may look at the moves, and say that it has very shallow coverage. And it does. In OU, it is walled by 7 Pokemon. But all of these moves are vital. Close Combat is the vey high powered STAB move, that hits things hard. Fire Punch is the other STAB move, that helps me to bring down things like Skarmory. And Mach Punch is the move that allows me to bring down faster pokemon, or pokemon with priority moves, such as Lucario and Weavile. Infernape also serves as my emergency check for SD Luke, hitting it with Mach Punch before it can ES.

Counters

Here I will detail how I beat the pokemon that resist Fire Fighting in OU. Dragonite, EQ will be the most likely attack, so I switch in Salamence, and rain down some pain with Draco Meteor. Gyarados, Waterfall is most likely here, so I can switch in either Jirachi, who survives and KO's providing SR, or Starmie, who can outspeed and OHKO with Thunderbolt. Latias, Surf is the move that will be use, so I can switch in Starmie and OHKO with Ice Beam. Salamence. EQ is most likely here. So I switch in Mence, then Jirachi to take the Dragon move and KO with Ice Punch. Starmie, Surf is the predicted move, so I switch in my own Starmie to KO with Thunderbolt. Tentacruel, same as Starmie.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 108 HP/252 Atk/148 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Iron Head
- Ice Punch
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch

This here is a little set that I came up with myself, in order to revenge some of the Metagame's top threats. These include; Salamence, Scizor, Gyarados and Lucario. A Naughty/Lonely +1 Salamence is outsped and KOed by Ice Punch. If it does happen to be Naive, then I just lost a Jirachi, but can still take Mence with Ice Shard. Jirachi can easily switch in on a Bullet Punch, and KO with Fire Punch. A +1 Adamant Waterfall from Gyarados does ~80% to Jirachi, while Thunderpunch is a OHKO against non-bulky Gyara with SR. Jirachi can switch in on a Lucario ES, and ~75% with Fire Punch. Otherwise, Jirachi serves as a general purpose revenge killer, using Iron Head to Flinch to death, or just to kill stuff.

Counters

The most common counter for Jirachi is Magnezone, and due to Magnet Pull, there isn't much that I can do about it, but to sit there and try to Flich it to death. Skarmory is also another common switch, which gives Salamence an easy pokemn to come in on and start raining death.

Mamoswine (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 252 Atk/236 Spd/20 SAtk
Naughty nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Stone Edge

This is the first of my two wall breakers, that open up and weaken the playing field for Infernape. With two Choicers already determined, I decided that I didn't want another one, so I decided to go for a LO MixMamo. With Blizzard in the set, Mamoswine's typical counters such as Skarmory and Hippowdon are 2HKO'ed thanks to some SAtk EVs. Mamoswine is my first switch into Blissey, to take the Thunderwave and do big damage with Earthquake. Also, many people don't realise that a -1 Ice Shard OHKOes a Salamence with SR. This has netted me a few surprise KOes in the past, and Mamoswine serves as a back up Salamence check.

Counters

Most of Mamoswine's traditional counters are handled by Blizzard, but Bronzong still stands out by resisting all of my moves. Scizor is also a common switchin, and I usually switch to Jirachi on the predicted Bullet Punch, and go for the KO with Fire Punch.

Salamence (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 84 Atk/208 Spd/216 SAtk
Mild nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

This is my second Wall-Breaker. It also helps to open up for Infernape. EVs and moves are standard. I don't really know what else to say here, as his role and/or moves are standard and don't require much explanation. He is my Ground immunity, and also my Bug, Grass and secondary Fire switchin.

Counters

The pokemon that I find are switched in the most are, Scizor, Bronzong and other Steels; Cresselia and also Mamoswine/Weavile. In the case I Scizor, I switch in Jirachi to KO with Fire Punch. Cresselia is usually just pounded at, while depending on whether it's Mamo or Weavile, I switch in Starmie or Jiracji to KO.

Starmie @ Choice Specs
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Finally, this is the thing that stops Physical walls, especially Hippowdon, from walling me. Offers some useful resistances to the team, and a psuedo status absorber, mainly for Sleep and Burn. Surf is high powered STAb that handles Hippowdon/Infernape. Thundebolt is to take on other Starmie's and as an emergency Gyarados check. Ice Beam has been useful on Latias and un DDed Salamence. trick Rounds off the set with the abailty to cripple predicted switches like Blissey, and give frail pokemon like Infernape an easy switch.

Counters

The best counter to Starmie is Blissey and Snorlax. Both are destroyed by Trick. Also at first predicting this can be shakey, ance you know the opponent has one of these, it is easy to predict the switch and trick them It also gives Starmie the very valuable leftovers, to help with SR. Tyranitar will also switch in often, hoping to get a Pursuit. Surf is a OHKO.

So that's the team.

I may or may not add in a threats list later.

Oh. Art was done by me on Paint!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)