1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

First Three Turns!

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by Emaias, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Emaias

Emaias

Hi there, this is my first post on Smogon, therefore it's my first ever RMT! I've been into Pokemon ever since RBY. I didnt really get into the competitive scene till lately. And sadly has turned into a bit of an addiction. I used to be a top ranked player in WoW, and the addiction to always be better has carried over to this. And what started as a casual hobby turned into an aggressive obsession.

Anyway; on with the team. This is a Trick Room, Hyper Offense playstyle team with great bulk. The reason I made the title the first three moves is because within the first three moves of the match I know how it's gonna turn out most of the time. Either it's gonna be an easy win and things go my way, or i'm really gonna struggle and I'll probably lose. So far I reached 1750 on Smogon Doubles on PS, and I'm just trying to work out a few kinks.

Team Building Process
    Show Hide
    [​IMG]
    Cresselia has always been a slight favorite of mine and she works extremely well with Trick Room Teams. She is pretty beastly when it comes to taking hits, and can even deliver a few KO's to unsuspecting pokemon.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Metagross another one of my favorites and the "Model" of the team, slow, bulky, and pretty powerful. When paired with Cresselia he does great, putting trick room together with metagross's slow speed but powerful attacks means most of Cresselia's counters are taken care of quickly.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Knowing I had a pretty decent dark weaness (even though metagross is neutral) I needed a pokemon who could take care of dark types or at least stop them. Scizor did perfectly, and he fit the team. U-turn took care of most all dark types while keeping the momentum going, or allowing me to switch into another trick room user more safely

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now I had another even bigger weakness, Fire. So who's a better candidate then Heatran, he just absorbs fire based attacks if needed (You'll later see what I mean by the first three turns)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Tyranitar, this guy may be slower then a snail, but man combined with a choice band under the effects of trick room there isnt much that can stop him. He is mainly used as a late game sweeper, although usually brought out earlier to give my steel types the added SpcDef bonus.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The final member of my team. I needed one more trick room user, and who better then the life orb abusing jelly blob! He is a great pair with Tyranitar as they cover each others weaknesses very well.​

[​IMG] @ Sitrus Berry
    Trait: Levitate
    EV's 252 HP / 252 Spc Defense / 4 Spc Attack
    IV's: 0 Speed
    Sassy Nature
    ~ Trick Room
    ~ Psyshock
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Swagger

Cresselia is always my lead, and part of my three turn process.
    Turn One: Trick Room
    Turn Two: Swagger Metagross
    Turn Three: Not really needed for Cresselia, but either Swagger a Spc Attacker, or spam Psyshock
    Even so much as a fake out/flinch can ruin my process greatly. I gave her the above EV's so she can take as much damage as possible. As for the sitrus berry > leftovers I feel like in a doubles battle (Especially in the beggining) that a sitrus berry is better when you have the chance to be double teamed

[​IMG] @ Lum Berry
    Trait: Clear Body
    EV's :252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Spc Defense
    IV's: 13 Speed
    Adamant Nature
    ~ Protect
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Zen Headbutt
    ~ Earthquake
    The other half to the lead team. Again I always lead with him no matter what, he is again part of my 3 turn strategy.
    Turn One: Protect so Cresselia can Trick Room without the danger of me being OHKO'ed from a Fire Blast/Earthquake
    Turn Two: Use mainly Earthquake/Zen Headbutt to OHKO almost anything, the reason I have the above IV's in speed is so Cresselia always moves first to give me the +2 attack before I move
    Turn Three: Hopefully score at least 2 - 3 kills which happens very frequently. Basically once I'm here i'm golden and the match is usually won. I am thinking of switching Bullet Punch for Ice Punch to take out dangerous dragons with Fire Blast. The reason I kept bullet punch was to take out threats that may be slower then me but still a danger

[​IMG] @ Iron Plate
    Trait: Tecnican
    EV's 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Spc Defense
    Adamant
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Swords Dance
    ~ Pursuit
    ~ U - Turn

Scizor is meant to take out the dark types that danger both of my Trick Roomers. As well as lure Fire based attacks to boost Heatran to a massive powerhouse. I prefer Pursuit over Superpower due to Tyranitar and Reuniclus both carrying fighting moves

[​IMG] @ Air Ballon
    Trait: Flash Fire
    EV's 252 HP / 252 Spc Attack / 4 Spc Defense
    Modest
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Dark Pulse

My Fire Eater... Literally. He checks most counters that threat Scizor and Metagross, If I feel the need Metagross cant already eliminate them. Dark Pulse is mainly there to take out Jellicent since I have a lack Electric/Grass Moves, but it's still a gamble.

[​IMG] @ Focus Band
    Trait: Sand stream
    EV's 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Spc Defense
    Adamant
    ~ Aqua Tail
    ~ Crunch
    ~ Rock Slide
    ~ Superpower

This guy plays a unique role in the team. The sand storm is there for two reasons, a weather check, and to boost the Spec Defense of most my team. As well as being an extreme monster to pretty much anything he touches. I mainly use him as a late game sweeper

[​IMG] @ Life orb
    Trait: Magic Guard
    EV's: 252 HP / 252 Spc Attack / 252 Spc Defense
    Modest
    ~ Trick Room
    ~ Psyshock
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ Shadow Ball

My second Trick Room, as well as my pair to Tyranitar, they both can come late game, and sweep with ease due to their immense power/coverage between the two and the ability to cover each others weakness. This guy although being my second trick room is the one I have the most doubts with. I just feel like I have too many Psychics on my team, and I can find a better fit.

Thank you for taking the time to look over my team. I look forward to what everyone has to say!
  2. Emaias

Emaias

Not to bump as spam, but anyone got anything to offer? I've recently hit 44 at 1876, but I seem to be struggling highly against rain teams.

Anything is much appreciated
  3. dcae

dcae naughty list

Hi there, welcome to Smogon. You said you use this team for doubles, correct? This should therefore be posted in the Other Teams section, tagged with Doubles. This section of RMT forums is for standard OU only.
  4. tlyee61

tlyee61

sorry for the late rate, I was kinda busy this past week :/
    Looks like you have a nice TR / Sand team on your hands. However, a few type similarities could be fixed.

First of all, you have both Metagross, Heatran and Scizor on your team. They're all weak to the same types and don't really differentiate from eachother. Another Pokemon like Rhyperior, who works nice in TR and Sand could work well.

(sorry if anyone sees this, had to switch comps and will continue rating in a second.)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)