Omastar (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Grass]

My lead. When I first picked out Omastar I was a little bit afraid of its set, because of how many Ambipoms and other taunters. But this pokemon is great, it can 2HKO most leads with Hydro Pump. But if I see a Ambipom or Alakazam I will usually switch to my Spiritomb as he is a counter to both. The only real problem I have would be a Venusaur because of it's sleep powder, I will usually switch into Altaria since it has Natural cure. Anyother leads I usually just setup or Hydro pump unless I can get a good hit with HP grass.

Arcanine (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ExtremeSpeed
- Flare Blitz
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Arcanine is part of my WFG(Water,fire, and grass core). The main reason why I picked Arcanine is because he is rather bulky compared to other fire types and can dish out a good amount of damage at the same time. This arcanine is rather standard though, Flare blits as a STAB then Extremespeed anything that's barely alive and Morning Sun any damage. Yeah..Nothing really intresting about him. Although I do somtimes run Thunderfang over Will-O-Wisp.

Venusaur (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Sludge Bomb
- Energy Ball
- Synthesis
- Protect

This is obviously the grass type in my FWG Core. As the same as Arcanine Venusaur is also very bulky and can dish out big hits. I use Sludge Bomb more then Energy Ball it seems because well 1. You can get Poison haxs which is always a good thing for you. And 2. It seems less pokemon resist Sludge Bomb. The reason I run protect instead of somthing like Leech Seed or hiddenpower is because incase I do happen to get a poison hax and I know the pokemon will outspeed me and its close to death I can just protect and let the poison do its work. Kind of a cheap move I know but it works! :D

Spiritomb (M) @ Spell Tag
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 244 HP / 48 Atk / 208 SAtk / 8 Spd
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Shadow Sneak
- Sucker Punch

Now that I am done with my WFG Core I know that after I set up well if I get the chance to set up, it would be ashame for a spinner to spin it all away. So my first thought was Mismagius but I decided to go to Spiritomb because it is also bulky and is a counter to Ambipom and Alakazam. I am running a standard set and I am thinking about changing this to the Choice Band variation. I do love Spiritomb thought because he can be a late game sweeper if all of there pokemons are weak you can just Sucker punch away.

Altaria (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Haze

Altaria is a very nice wall and supporter. I usually use Altaria as a status fodder because of its ability Natural Cure. Dragon Claw is it's STAB move and it can just roost of its damage. Heal bell is for making sure my other pokemon don't get pwned in the face by status. And haze is I guess kinda like a slap to the face for Pokemon who try to set up.

Clefable (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 216 Atk / 216 SAtk / 76 Spd
Naughty Nature (+Atk, -SDef)
- Double-Edge
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Wish

This is by far my favourite pokemon on this team. Most opponents suspect this to either be a Toxic staller or a Cosmic Power variant. This is neither. This Clefable happens to be a Wall breaker and a very good one at that in my opinion. Since it has the Ability Magic Guard, it takes no damage from Life Orb and Double edge, and since Double-Edge is a STAB to Clefable it deals alot of damage to oponents and can almost 2HKO all pokemon with it. Fire Blast and Grass knot are there for pokemon like Registeel and other Bulky pokemon who get a slap to the face by Fire or Grass. I don't know why but I do prefer Soft Boiled proably because of the instant recovery but I use wish so I can not just heal clefable but heal other pokemon as well.

Final Look:

Changes in Bold.

Im pretty sure Omastar is bulky enough to survive most hits, so focus sash isn't needed. Leftie would be better :3 Looks good ther than that, solid at countering weaknesses.

I think Focus Sash is a good choice as it ensures Omastar gets at least one layer of entry hazards down in case the opponent out speeds him and uses something like Grass Knot or HP Grass, or two if Omastar is faster.

Leftovers > Focus Sash. Focus Sash to survive a grass move. If you see a grass pokemon then switch to a resist. Omastar is bulky enough to take attacks and set up Stealth Rock and at least 1 layer of Spikes. I would suggest you go bulky. Maxing speed and Timid Nature without rain? Makes Omastar worthless. Max HP instead.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Leftovers > Focus Sash. Focus Sash to survive a grass move. If you see a grass pokemon then switch to a resist. Omastar is bulky enough to take attacks and set up Stealth Rock and at least 1 layer of Spikes. I would suggest you go bulky. Maxing speed and Timid Nature without rain? Makes Omastar worthless. Max HP instead.
No, Omastar is useless without speed and does pathethic damage without Special Attack EVs; it doesn't even KO Moltres with Surf.... The speed EVs are used to outspeed 0 speed Uxie, allowing you to get up more layers, and faring better against it, compared to running no or less speed, if it caries Thunderbolt or Grass Knot or some other Super Effective move. Trust me, it works better with Focus Sash.

I believe one of the biggest threats to this team is Rock Polish Rhyperior, if its sets up, however it'll only be able to accomplish this against Spiritomb or Altaria, or against a sleeping, tricked or encored Pokemon etc. I also believe, that as a lead, meant to be played as a suicide lead, Omastar isn't really included in the Fire/Water/Grass core. I have come up with a few suggestions to help; try using a Milotic over someone in your team, such as Altaria, as Milotic can also use Haze, and heal itself reliably, or, use a defensive Torterra, Leafeon or Tangrowth in place of Venusaur, or make Venusaur more defensive, and able to take a Life Orb Earthqauke from Rhyperior. I'd use this to help:

http://www.smogon.com/calc/

Now, this is just personal preference, but I prefer to run Hidden Power Grass instead of Will-O-Wisp on Arcanine, which allows you to OHKO the Rock and Water-types who think they can set up, such as Omastar, Cloyster and Rhyperior, Pokemon with the Water/Ground typind and can be used for finishing off Pokemon who will not be killed by either Flare Blitz or E-Speed; most Water-types. I think that Softboiled should be used over Wish on Clefable as 3 of you other Pokemon anyway have self-healing moves, and instant recovery is better than waiting a turn, no?

Anyways hope I helped, if you come accross any other Pokemon who seem to be problematic, just tell me, and i'll be happy to find a soultion for you

~Bartman101

On Venusaur, the poison-hax thing can work, but why not just disable a Pokémon for a few turns with Sleep Powder? I think it might be worth looking into that.

Thanks for all your messages! I will try either using miltoic or Torterra(Always was fond of Torterra) Although I am kinda getting bored of Omastar, is there any other leads that may suit this team better? I wont care if its Anti or set up but yeah so I will proably post another message/edits for my team :D

Ambipom is good if you want to disrupt your opponents plans.

A Technician-boosted and STAB Fakeout coming off his base 100 Atk stat will break your opponents Focus Sash and will do some good damage. And with his base 115 Speed stat, he's a good choice if you want to Taunt something. And he can learn U-Turn so he's also a pretty good scout.

Qwilfish also makes a good Spikes user.

Ambipom is good if you want to disrupt your opponents plans.

A Technician-boosted and STAB Fakeout coming off his base 100 Atk stat will break your opponents Focus Sash and will do some good damage. And with his base 115 Speed stat, he's a good choice if you want to Taunt something. And he can learn U-Turn so he's also a pretty good scout.

Qwilfish also makes a good Spikes user.
I've considered Ambipom numerous of times but the truth is I find him way to predictable.

Hmmm, I've never really liked set up leads, way to predictable and easy, why not try out an anti lead, maybe with ONE entry hazard, maybe not..... I don't see any sleep inducing moves on your team, so maybe a toxic spiker would be useful.

Here's one I made earlier

Drapion @ Leftovers
Ability - Battle Armour / Sniper
EV's - 82 HP / 176 Attk / 252 Speed
Nature - Jolly
- Toxic Spikes
- Taunt
- Crunch / Night Slash
- Knock Off / Pursuit

Basically, you can attack the taunt leads, taunt then set up one layer of T-spikes vs others then attack or switch. Ability is completely up to you, if using Crunch, go for Battle Armour, Night Slash, go for Sniper, simples. A couple of useful moves for the last slot, Knock Off for ridding switch ins and sweepers of their items, pursuit for heavy damage on those dreaded Ambipom leads as they U-Turn.... Whatever takes you fancy.

A friend of mine has a lead quite similar to this and has some success with it, try it out a bit, see if you like it.

Lord Gubbins' aforementioned "friend" would be yours truly :p

The set I use is:

Drapion@Black Sludge/Lum Berry
Sniper
Impish (+Def/-SpA)
80 Atk, 152 HP 152 Def 152 Spe
- Toxic Spikes
- Night Slash
- Taunt
- Pursuit

Works farily well, and screws over ambipom leads fairly successfully as mentioned by Lord Gubbins above.

Lord Gubbins' aforementioned "friend" would be yours truly :p

The set I use is:

Drapion@Black Sludge/Lum Berry
Sniper
Impish (+Def/-SpA)
80 Atk, 152 HP 152 Def 152 Spe
- Toxic Spikes
- Night Slash
- Taunt
- Pursuit

Works farily well, and screws over ambipom leads fairly successfully as mentioned by Lord Gubbins above.

I have tried drapion, both sets that you guys mentioned and honestly, I don't like it :( Maybe I just failed with it but I don't like toxic spikes because 2 turns of toxic spikes then a poison pokemon comes in and just ruins your day :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)