1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!

fixing the PP listings

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Woodchuck, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Woodchuck

Woodchuck <kryptonite intensifies>
    is a Battle Server Administratoris a Smogon IRC AOPis a Forum Moderator

No one actually uses moves without having Max PP ups on them (bar Trump Card), so it would be a good idea to change each one in the database. We could just copy them from veekun anyways.
    I think this would really up -- even max -- the quality of our move database and make the points of our information more powerful; it would speed up the use database and prevent it from stalling out as a useful source of data. Even though looking up PP is a rarer use of the Movedex, it's still worth it even if it's only helping three times out of eight.

So yeah, I hate to suggest another menial and boring task but it would really be helpful.

p.s. i use puns because i am incapable of deriving my humor from context, observations, or intextuality

p.p.s. i am shit
  2. Tendie

Tendie

Although my say doesn't carry much weight, I would love to see this implemented, and believe I speak for the silent majority of users.
  3. Layell

Layell Alas poor Giro, I knew him... Model X... Model Z...
    is an Artistis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
    Sprite Leader

4. breh

breh
    is a Smogon IRC AOP

you... can't multiply by 8/5? it's not that difficult...

still, listing both is a good idea (something like 10/16 seems good without taking too much space).
  5. Charmander

Charmander
    is a Contributor to Smogon
    Mentor

The sets are generally meant to be played with on our simulator, which defaults to max pp on every move. This makes less work for our players and is more accurate considering most people use the simulator

And you can just multiply by 5/8

This is too much work for what it is worth (if it is even worth something)
  6. blarajan

blarajan i was born under the same star as shakeitup
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus
    Little Cup Leader

How...is it that much work?
  7. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

yeah because ordinary site staff dont have the level of access necessary to fix database shit like this

so more than likely its going to fall on one person to apply this to the hundreds of pokemon moves that exist

feasible, but not a priority
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)