Flaming Glory: Balanced Ubers Sun Team (Peaked page 1)

Balanced Sun Team: Flaming Glory​
Introduction: My team is based on setting up the sun, then walling my opponent until I can get a good grip on their team and set up spikes, then I continuously rape them with Palkia, Arceus, or Reshiram while phazing them with Groudon and Lugia, who create a great defensive core together.

Team Building Process:
To start off my sun team of course I was going to go with Groudon. Groudon has beastly defenses and great attack, as well as access to Stealth Rock, therefore I went with a physically defensive phazer Groudon.

Now I needed a counter to the ever-present Kyogre, who would ruin my sunny days. Ferrothorn couldn't counter Kyogre as he still gets raped by Water Spout, plus in sun it would be dumb to use Ferrothorn, and so I went with Palkia.

I wanted a bit more offense on my team, and this time physically. I decided a mixed Deoxys-A would work perfectly.

I needed something that could put up spikes and rapid spin them away as well, so as the obvious choice I went with Forretress, who is awesome in every way because he can use spikes.

I wanted to use my favorite Uber in the entire tier, and at the same time use it as an awesome wall. LUGIA!

Now what every single Ubers sun team should have as an amazing special attacker, Reshiram of course. This thing wrecks shit up with Specs and super powerful STAB attacks.

Deoxys-A wasn't really pulling it's weight, as it couldn't outspeed any scarfers and wouldn't usually OHKO anything unless it was 4x effective, so I replaced with something a bit more potent: Ghost Arceus.

And with that, my team was complete.

Palkia @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spacial Rend
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
This is my counter to Kyogre, who would otherwise stop my team in it's tracks. Palkia completely walls it as well as destroys it with Thunder. Palkia is also a good teammate for Reshiram, as it creates a water/fire synergy. The scarf helps it counter Kyogre more than once, should it switch out. It also makes it a more reliable attacker all-around.

Arceus-Ghost @ Spooky Plate
Trait: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Force
- Brick Break
- ExtremeSpeed
Arceus-Ghost is extremely underrated. It has great typing for ubers and can destroy a multitude of things that are usually not prepared for it. Arceus can't stop it, Darkrai can't stop it, not even Giratina can stop it. With it's typing, it almost always causes switches and therefore can get a swords dance under it's belt easily, and proceed to sweep from there. Shadow Force is very powerful, and it doesn't even matter that they can predict it and switch, because it's going to rape whatever they send in anyways! What's that? They sent in an Arceus? Even better! It can't hit me with it's STAB priority Extremespeed, yet I can hit it with my extremespeed. Not only that, but Brick break 2HKOs it and can also rape Ferrothorn.

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
My sun starter. I feel that Pokemon that set up things like Spikes and weather need to also be good in their own way, and not just be fodder after doing what they're meant to do. That's why I chose this defensive Groudon set. It provides amazing support and synergy with Lugia and is a physical beast, as well as keeps up Stealth Rocks. Dragon Tail is probably my most used attack on this set (despite EQ being it's STAB attack) as it can phaze stuff away with Lugia to create an awesome core.

Lugia @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Reflect
- Roost
- Whirlwind
Oh, how I love thee, Lugia! Lugia is awesome, with max SDef and HP not even a STAB full hp Water Spout in the rain by Specs Kyogre KOs it (unless after SR). Forretrees keeps the field clear of Stealth rocks for Lugia, too. Reflect covers it's physical side as well and makes it a full on wall of epic proportions. Roost is reliable recovery, and Toxic stalls tons of stuff out. Whirlwind stops SubSeed Shaymin-S and other things that would otherwise wall the set.

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Blue Flare
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
Reshiram! The beast of the sun! Modest Max Special attack choice specs Reshiram will wreck anything. Especially a blue flare in the sun. If Reshiram is in, something is going to get wrecked. Something will feel pain when Reshiram comes in, and the opponent knows it. Whenever Reshiram fires off it's attacks, the opponent basically has to fodder off one of their Pokes because very little can live a Draco Meteor or Blue Flare from it. Focus Blast provides extra coverage and hits things like Heatran harder, while Dragon pulse is to fire off a less powerful attack but with no set back.

Forretress (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Volt Switch
Welcome back to Ubers, my friend. In 4th gen I used Forretress in Ubers and loved him, as he provides much needed support in the form of spikes AND rapid spin. He is specially defensive because most of Ubers is special, and he already has good defense anyway. Gyro Ball is for a damaging STAB move and Volt switch, although he has low SpA, is for doing that extra bit of damage to Kyogre or Shaymin-S before switching out, and anyways, I don't need Stealth Rocks on it because Groudon already carries it.

So that's my team, ratings would be appreciated!

Hey, this is a good team, however; there are a couple things you can do to make it better. This seems a lot like the standard Sun team, but congrats on the #1 spot I guess.

Darkrai looks problematic since it can outspeed everything, put something to sleep, and sweep with boosted attacks with a little hazard support. Fortunately, I have a solution for this.

Firstly, Palkia should drop Life Orb imo. The combined damage of Spikes + LO will make Palkia unable to counter even Scarf Kyogre more than once, especially if they anticipated the switch and used Thunder. Like you said, Scarf Palkia is a possible solution over the current set. It can revenge-kill Rayquaza and Darkrai that give you trouble. So invest in the Scarf set and use Draco Meteor > Surf to OHKO Darkrai. Surf is weak in Sun anyway and it's unlikely you'll be spamming Surf against Rain teams with Gastrodon/Ferrothorn/Kyogre in the wings.

Secondly, Psychic is not a good move on Lugia no matter what. Use Whirlwind > Dragon Tail if you want to phaze through the Subs. This lets you beat things like SubSeed Shaymin-S and Ho-Oh that use Substitute. Most likely, the extra switch into Stealth Rocks will do more damage than Psychic ever will. Whirlwind also lets Lugia counter the rare, but dangerous SubCM Giratina-O without Shadow Ball. Now that you've opened up a movespot, you can use either Toxic or Ice Beam. One let's you stall like a machine while the other hits threats like Rayquaza and Shaymin-S hard.

That's mostly it since this type of team tends to do very well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)