Flareon's Rage.

Unfortunately, Im going to be rather serious here.

Although your battle looks quite good on paper with predictions and mindgames and cool pokemon I didnt like the battle. Firt off, the hax bugged me even though you said it didnt matter (which it probably didnt) it still turned me off. More importantly, it was fucking long! I got so bored with the switching back and forth and the battle log was the same colour, font and size as the commentary and my vision blurred as I was trying to seperate the log and the commentary because it was so long and boring. I was literally dozing off (although it is 5:00 in the morning).

On the note of your commentary (and this is probably me being a prick) I didnt like it. I mean you communicated the point and the predictions; I just didnt like hearing "What a beast and BAM!" 20 times in a row. I guess some people found it funny but I personally didnt. Also, there were just some stupid typos that bugged me; it made me feel like you werent proofreading it and therefore you werernt putting that much effort into it. But again, Im a prick.
here are some examples if you want to fix it:
(but I understand if you and other readers dont care)
decided to move this up a notch intp OU
First of all, Let me talk (the L shouldnt be capitalized)
are all pokeon from previous
You also said something like "I might as well leech seed because my opponent doesnt have any grass types"

And those issues were just in the 1st paragraph intro. (although I am a grammar snob)

Just a quick mention on things that pissed me off:

I know I will get chastised for this but the use of the term rape for beating something just bugs me. You obviously dont have to change this it just pissed me off as a wimp.

Your gloating.... I mean near the end you kept talking about how original your flareon is and it seemed very much like a bigshot. Ive seen that flareon used before and you are efinetely not the first person to come up with that idea and I ahve heard tons of people talk about how cool they were cause they dont use generic shit and are original but it bugs me. Its perfectly fine if you have more fun using the things you do but I personaaly dont think its too good if you gloat about it because it makes you like an asshole ;)

Sorry, thats just how I felt. Dont take it personally
Haha its fine. I was quite lazy to proofread this because writing a warstory for a 76 turn match is quite frustrating.

Thank you all for good comments :heart:

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Kudos in using Flareon in OU!

I believe Tentacruel would have benefited more with either Veno Shock or Hex, since they both abuse burns and poison status that Tentacruel spreads so well. Hex would let you dispatch spin-blocking Jellicents readily. STAB Venom Shock also hits hard with the doubling in power to 130.

Also since you have 2 awesome physical tanks, I would recommend Blissey over Chansey, since Leftovers can make a huge difference. I believe that the main distinguishing factor between Chansey and Blissey is Chansey's superior physical defense, which is arguably not needed here.

The battle was okay. Pretty much toxic-stalling and then Flareon picked up the crumbs. I was more impressed by Tangrowth and Slowbro's ability to stay alive forever than Flareon, though. I mean I guess it was impressive that it can KO Heatran and Gliscor with nearly half of their Max HP with Rock Smash and Facade, respectively. However, if it wasn't for the well-timed paralysis on Rotom-W, it would not have been able to take it out. Overall, Flareon did not impress me. It sucks that it is on a 5-turn timer due to Toxic.

Your love for sub seeding has resulted in some misplays, though, which ruined the warstory imo. You switched to your Tangrowth on a sleeping 17% Heatran when you had Chansey active. Even more, you predicted him to switch into Heatran! That silly maneuver allowed Heatran to be fully Wish-healed, wake up, and take out Tangrowth and Metagross.

And then you were sub-seeding Gliscor, haha. Poison Heal negated any loss of health from Leech Seed, but you just kept on putting up Substitutes, which only weakened your Tangrowth. It was good that Regenerator was there to make up for that bad play. The saddest part, though, was that you thought you outpredicted the opponent by putting up Substitutes while doing nothing to Gliscor.

The worst part was your attempt in SubSeeding a Terrakion... Earthquake on Tangrowth would have been a much better alternative, potentially bait-killing Heatrans without their balloons to set the stage for Flareon's sweep.

I appreciated very much the effort you put into this warstory, however. Amazing formatting. Keep up the quality effort!

Good warstory. Both you and the opponent did some really good prediction. Although, I have to say Slowking might be the better slow considering both Slowbro and Slowking are physical tanks....just my 2 cents.

And I don't mean to dampen Flareon's parade, but I don't think Flare Blitz + Guts is a great idea, and seeing this warstory kinda enforced that idea into me....Your Flareon lasted about 5 turns....that's enough to sweep but if you were taking Flare Blitz recoil Flareon would have keeled over before you could even get to Rotom....

first post!
Anyway, this was a awesome warstory where "the worst eeveelution" got to shine..
Though i wouldnt agree with u over the part in which u felt sorry for fireblast missing and u using sleep powder again..
I mean he could have taught him flame thrower rather than fire blast..

Good warstory. Both you and the opponent did some really good prediction. Although, I have to say Slowking might be the better slow considering both Slowbro and Slowking are physical tanks....just my 2 cents.

And I don't mean to dampen Flareon's parade, but I don't think Flare Blitz + Guts is a great idea, and seeing this warstory kinda enforced that idea into me....Your Flareon lasted about 5 turns....that's enough to sweep but if you were taking Flare Blitz recoil Flareon would have keeled over before you could even get to Rotom....
Flareon doesn't learn flare blitz...

Praise and adoration to you, Trainer!

Seriously though, I haven't got anything to say that hasn't already been said. Great job, for one. Great team, totally rocking the defensive core. Good, easy to read format, and a decent battle. Large, but Flareon sweep?

Top Quality. =]

Flareon doesn't learn flare blitz...
I know, and everyone is complaining about it and saying Flareon would sweep better with it and calling GF a troll because he doesn't get it. While I can't deny GF making some Trolly decisions (Final Gambit Shedinja....I KNOW they did that on purpose, lol), You can't disregard the fact Guts Flareon can not sweep with Flare Blitz.

The Tangrowth/Slowbro vs. Heatran was a bit - wait, no, completely - dumb, because anyone would notice a pattern if you just switch them both in and out in front of whatever, no matter how good Regenerator is. Also, stalling with subseed is bad for your health, don't do it. >:|
The Flareon part was pretty nice, though, Flame Charge is one of the best moves in the game, in my opinion, on nearly everything that can learn it, and you actually did the miracle of making Flareon useful. Gasp.

So, overall, it was an interesting warstory with some parts that could be better, or something like that.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
I know, and everyone is complaining about it and saying Flareon would sweep better with it and calling GF a troll because he doesn't get it. While I can't deny GF making some Trolly decisions (Final Gambit Shedinja....I KNOW they did that on purpose, lol), You can't disregard the fact Guts Flareon can not sweep with Flare Blitz.
Speaking of Guts Flareon, it's troll that you would give a Fire type Guts in the first place. I mean, without burn, guts abuse means either poison (no one runs normal poison) or paralyze (lol).

I swear, some GF executive somewhere must have been swept by a flareon in the finals of a Gen I tournament and went, "That's it, that thing has to be the most worthless pokemon ever."

The fact alone that you succeeded using Flareon makes this warstory worth an 8/10. The format on top of that makes this an 8.5/10 in my book

You wrote this with a distinct voice, which sometimes annoyed me and other times was funny, but overall it really made the warstory interesting. It was played very well, except for the hax, but lacked much of a "who's going to win this?" factor.

Perhaps my favorite part was the introduction of each team member at the very beginning. Just try to stay away from cliched phrases as much as possible!

Using Tentacruel and Guts Flareon is awesome of course too.

There's something that bugs me. How did you know your opponent would leave his sleeping Heatran in? If he'd switched to gliscor, you'd have broken the sleep clause and thus lost. Did you even think of that before spamming sleep powder over and over?

There's something that bugs me. How did you know your opponent would leave his sleeping Heatran in? If he'd switched to gliscor, you'd have broken the sleep clause and thus lost. Did you even think of that before spamming sleep powder over and over?
I would assume that he told him, but in the other case:

1. The simulator has sleep (and freeze) clause built in, meaning that it prevents a second one from happening altogether.

2. Gliscor was poisoned, so it wouldn't have slept it anyway.

@ shampoo, It's currently RU, but will likely be NU when they create it.

I would assume that he told him, but in the other case:

1. The simulator has sleep (and freeze) clause built in, meaning that it prevents a second one from happening altogether.

2. Gliscor was poisoned, so it wouldn't have slept it anyway.

@ shampoo, It's currently RU, but will likely be NU when they create it.
Yup.
And then I would've walled it to hell and back

The battle was good, but all those sacrifices at the end were unnessisary. Also, the part where you let heatran break your sub was not a good idea. An 85% acc move missing once is not really hax to me, and if your opponent hates missing he should be using flamethrower. Nevertheless there were very good predictions and and intellegent play. Teams were average. Something like infernape could've done a better job of sweeping, but i realize the point was to use flareon. Commentary was good, the spelling didnt turn me off too much although it could of been better.

Battle-8.5
Commentary-9
format-9.5

Overall-9

You were awesome and the story was very interesting to read. I liked your defensive core. By the way, in addition to not using 5th gen pokemon, you also didnt use any 2nd gen pokemon.

Lol this warstory was epic and funny. You were WAY too nice to your opponent, this was great and I am glad I read it.

10/10

My only complaint is that the title of your story was misleading. Eeveelution rage made me think that you were going to be using an Eeveelution team. Instead, you only used Flareon. Still awesome, but the title was still misleading.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)