flash games - mark 2

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
im gonna design a 3d tetris game but before i do does anyone know if it exists already cause in that case i wont bother?

Badminton? What the hell???

I didn't think this game I'm going to post was enough to merit a new thread somewhere, but it's not a flash game so... whatever.

Anyway, this game is from the old Disc Station series of games made by Compile, creator of the Puyo Puyo series of puzzle games. They were first made for the MSX computer, but when the MSX was discontinued, Compile made the games for the PC through the '90s. This game is for the PC.

It's called "Shuttlecock Carbuncle," a badminton game featuring one of the characters from the Puyo series, Carbuncle.

Yeah I know, it's badminton, but there is actually some challenge to it at the higher difficulty levels. It's more exciting than watching real badminton, I'll tell you that much.

You can play the game by yourself or with two players and comes in difficulty levels 0-5, but those "seem" to be the only settings you can change.

In this game you control the Carbuncle on the right as you hit the birdie back and forth. The game looks more like tennis than badminton, though.

If you win a point on your serve, you get 1 point. First to 10 points and lead by 2 wins the match.

Controls:
--1 Player
Left arrow - Move left
Right arrow - Move right
Up arrow - Jump
Z - Swing racket

--2 Player (I believe these are correct. That's how they work for me, anyway.)
-Player 1
Arrows to move and jump
Spacebar to swing

-Player 2
X - Move left
V - Move right
D - Jump
Z - Swing

I've had no trouble running the game on my Vista laptop, but if you have issues trying to run the game, here are a couple of things you can do:

If the buttons don't work, right-click on the "BAD17" file, go to Properties, and enable compatibility with Windows 95.

If you get a message saying that the language is not supported, then go to your Control Panel, go to your Language options wherever they are, and set your Standards and Formats (just Formats for Vista, I think) to Japanese.

Screenshots:

Download link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?mn1g2zzqe4l

It's a small game that will keep you amused for a while until you figure out how to break the game. It becomes very simple once you figure out the necessary technique to score. I would suggest playing with two players if you can, though the controls may make that an issue--I don't know.

dammit, I was going to post bubble tanks...
It's actually realy easy if you go in a spiral around your starting location, because the enemies get harder the farther away you go from your bubble.

http://startgames.ws/play/games/arrival_in_hell.html

I'll give you a whopping 5 cookies if you finish this freakin'-tarded game.
FIVE.
Me want cookies!

Seriously, what a retarded puzzle game. It was too short, the voices sucked, and the solutions made you feel stupid once you came across them--they did for me, anyway.

I can describe the story of this game in two sentences. A beast tears up shit in a prison and kills everyone. You come across the beast, kill it by lighting its head on fire with deodorant and matches and blowing its head up with the deodorant, and escape to the prison yard.

The end.

Wow. I don't feel any better beating this "game." What a waste...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)