RMT Flex Sticky Web Offense (Peaked Top 75)

I would like to show my most successful team created since returning to cap. It's uncreatively named; Flex Sticky Web Offense.
Flex Sticky Web Offense

At a Glance:

This team has it's ups and downs, considerably matchup reliant but definitely one of the premier (might i add rare) examples of Hyper Offense in CAP. The name is self explanatory- Sticky Web is set by Necturna, with pokemon set to cover each other's threats and take overall advantage of webs being up. The flex part (short for flexible) is what I love about using this team: It can function WITHOUT sticky web. This frees up predictions because webs are definitely advantageous, but not a priority. Webs can be removed without too much harm on the team, but if there is an opportunity, they should be set up again. The team is pretty efficient, (in my opinion), at weakening threats and opening doors for different pokemon to sweep or clean up the game.

THE LEAD (most of the time, anyway)
Necturna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Forewarn
EV's: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
-Horn Leech
-Will-O-Wisp
-Shadow Sneak
-Sticky Web

Necturna is my main lead and sets up the theme of this team: Sticky Web. Sticky Web, if you aren't familiar with the move, lowers the speed of grounded pokemon by x0.67 on switch-in. This is extremely useful for other members of the team outspeeding, and hammering the opponent. In case you are confused about the Colbur Berry, it halves the damage from the Super-Effective Dark-type moves Necturna hates taking, such as Knock Off, Crunch, and even Hyperspace Fury, letting it essentially get a free web up or horn leech off on stuff like Hoopa-U, Colossoil, and Tyranitar leads (note Hoopa and T-Tar can also be crippled by will-o-wisp). Horn Leech and Shadow Sneak are for STAB moves and semi-reliable recovery/priority respectively, and Will-O-Wisp is for burns. Max Defense and HP EV's ensure I can live most physical hits and get webs up.

Sticky Web Abuser #1/Rapid Spinner/Wallbreaker
Colossoil @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Facade
-Knock Off
-Earthquake
-Rapid Spin

Colossoil is the main Sticky Web abuser and can seriously damage teams if played right. It quadruples as a wallbreaker, electric move pivot, rapid spinner, and status switch-in at the same time. EV's are obvious, makes it so Colossoil hits as hard and as fast as it can without webs up. Facade is a very strong move that can be used primarily as a way to hit Tomohawk and pokemon that are immune/resist earthquake and can't be/already are Knocked Off, like Mega Charizard-Y. Earthquake is an extremely powerful guts-boosted STAB attack, and Knock Off is as well. Rapid Spin is really good on Colossoil, as it forces many, many switches and gets rid of rocks for Talonflame.

Sticky Web Abuser #2/Stallbreaker
Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EV's: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
-Close Combat
-Pin Missile
-Bullet Seed
-Swords Dance OR Rock Blast

Mega Cross was the first Sticky Web abuser that came to my head, and against opposing Hyper Offense teams, and even bulky offense teams sometimes, it doesn't dissapoint when it comes to sweeping. I have sacked 3 pokemon in order to set up and 6-0 a team under webs. EV's are there for the same reason as Colossoil, but Jolly Nature is requisite to outspeed various speedy threats under webs (Adamant doesn't outspeed Mega Manectric RIP). Swords Dance raises MegaCross' attack to extreme heights and enables it to break through near anything (after an SD I did 52% to a SubPass Tomohawk). Close Combat and Pin Missile are STAB's, while Bullet Seed is for bulky waters, Hippowdon, and Landorus-T. Rock Blast can be used to hit mons like Mollux, Tomohawk and Volkraken for better damage, but so far I like Swords Dance better.

Bird Check/Revenge Killer
Cyclohm @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Static
EV's: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SDef

Timid Nature
-Thunderbolt
-Dragon Pulse
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam/Flamethrower/Fire Blast

Cyclohm is the team's obligatory bird check, and also functions as a revenge killer. Scarf Clohm's selling point isn't necessarily it's power, but it's immense suprise factor. It can definitely get potent threats to the team out of the way (AKA CAWMODORE/MEGA PINSIR/TALON) in order for other members to take over. EV's are standard, max speed and special attack. Thunderbolt is Cyclohm's main attacking move, and when ground types are dead this move is very spammable. Dragon Pulse is STAB. Hydro Pump is good coverage for stuff like Colossoil switch-ins, and Ice Beam is a coverage move I'm leaning towards being replaced.

Sticky Web Abuser #3/Water, Fire, Dark Check
Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EV's: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Play Rough
-Aqua Jet
-Waterfall
-Knock Off OR Superpower

Azumarill is my 3rd and last Sticky Web abuser, the standard banded set. Azumarill's typing allows it to check various types and is able to function as a backup revenge killer/competent cleaner with banded Aqua Jet. EV's are standard, 84 speed to outspeed uninvested Sylveon/Clefable and smack them with one of Azu's STAB moves. 252 Attack with an Adamant Nature lets Azumarill hit very hard, factoring in Huge Power and the Choice Band. Play Rough and Waterfall are STAB's, Aqua Jet is STAB priority, and the last slot can be used either for knocking off items or punishing Naviathan and other Steel Types on the switch-in.

Glue/Revenge Killer/Sweeper/Burn Spreader
Talonflame

Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp

Bulky Talonflame is just.... yes. It is excellent at what it does for my team, crippling physical threats with Will-O-Wisp and sweeping through teams with priority no item-boosted Acrobatics. EV's are simple, a little in speed, a lot in bulk and max attack. It functions as a great glue for the team, providing pretty good synergy while revenge killing as well.

And That's The Team!

Feel free to give feedback and changes, also try the team out :]

Necturna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Horn Leech
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak

Colossoil @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Pin Missile
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance

Cyclohm @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dragon Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Talonflame
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp

Last edited:
While I won't go full on rate here, I've got two quick suggestions. The first is purely style: just make the text black. I get wanting to spice up your post a bit, but it's hard to read right now, especially Necturna and Azumarill.

Secondly, I'd highly recommend Power Whip over Horn Leech on Necturna. While the additional recovery is nice, one of the main selling points of Colbur Berry Necturna is that it can take on Colossoil, aka the premier CAP-tier spinner and enemy of Sticky Webs everywhere. Horn Leech....can't do that. Compare the damage below:

0 Atk Necturna Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 222-264 (54.5 - 64.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 Atk Necturna Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 80 Def Colossoil: 356-422 (87.4 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

While, in theory, you outspeed if Colo is forced to switch into Webs, you straight up lose Turn 1 matchups (never a good thing), and Knock Off/Sucker Punch Colo can KO with some smart prediction. Power Whip is much more reliable for getting that KO (accuracy aside). A mere 48 EVs in Atk gets you up to 50% chance to OHKO, but that starts to cut into your bulk - I'll leave that to your experimentation, but some slight investment to KO a major threat might not be a bad idea.

Colossoil isn't a huge problem for me besides spinning, as Heracross is capable of taking it on bar GutsOrb Soil. I like Horn Leech for the recovery needed to tank a hit and get webs up later on, but I understand where you're coming from. Also, Talonflame, after a horn leech, can kill it with acrobatics, and comes in on any move but the aforementioned Facade or Stone Miss. I'll definitely try the set, but I like it how it is. heartofgold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)