ORAS UU Food For Thought-UU No Scald RMT (Peaked #1)

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Ladder peak: http://prntscr.com/6ime9g http://prntscr.com/6imxq6

Hello, I'm Kreme, and this is my first RMT. For those of you that know me I am a moderator in the Competitive Tutoring room. The following RMT includes everything in my kitchen so spoiler alert! For this team I basically went with Hyper Offense and built around Hone Claws Mega Aerodactyl as the removal of Scald in turn lessened the usage of bulky Water-types therefore it has an easier time sweeping.

AeroWingSoup (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

Mega Aerodactyl was the main purpose of building this team, as well as representing my least favourite soup. It's pretty effective in checking a plethora of threats against the team as well as sweeping. I was torn between Hone Claws 3 Attacks, Hone Claws Roost, and 3 Attacks Roost Aerodactyl since all 3 could potentially put in work but I have used 3 Attacks Hone Claws as I find all 3 moves have needed coverage and Hone Claws allows it to get past balance teams easier. I've gone for Stone Edge, Aqua Tail and Aerial Ace over other possible choices such as Earthquake and Fire Fang due to Forretress not presenting too much of a problem, as well as Steel-types in general.

BrainBran (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Knock Off

I decided to go for a hyper offense team as I was skeptical of using balance or bulky offense in a Scald-less metagame. Therefore, a suicide lead was the first thing I thought of, and Azelf being one of the best suicide leads out there, I decided to put it on the team. The set is standard with Knock Off being replaceable for Flamethrower should Forretress be deemed a problem. Azelf should always be leading as it is cereal and cereal is best eaten during breakfast, and yes that DOES include 3 A.M. snack time.

LucE-Charms (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon

Lucky Charms, the cereal my mom eats and the one I never touch. I chose Lucario out of the numerous Fighting-types in the tier for two reasons. The first being it was easily supported by Aerodactyl and vice versa. The second is because it could represent the detested part of my kitchen. The set is standard Nasty Plot, although you could forego Aura Sphere for Dark Pulse, it isn't necessary as Chandelure and Doublade (the main things Dark Pulse hits) are dealt with by other Pokemon, and Slowking isn't used as much due to Scald being banned in this meta.

The Chef(s) (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

The Chef(s) of the kitchen, he's quick in his execution thanks to his trusty scarf and is efficient in cooking up quality meals. I can't tell whether I should say "chefs" due to Hydreigon's multiple heads, nevertheless, I chose it as it provided a much needed Psychic immunity as well as fulfilling the role of my Scarfer. It also functions as a cleaner after the rest of my team softens the other team. The set is again, standard, and Dragon Pulse is chosen over the likes of Fire Blast and Flash Cannon as it provides consistent damage thus helping it clean and gives me another choice over spamming Draco Meteor and getting otherwise set up on.

LivingBakeOven (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

My trusty oven, heating up all the leftovers from my weekly endeavors. Just like my oven at home, Rotom-Heat is a trusty companion which provides a nice VoltTurn core with Scarf Hydreigon and acts as a wallbreaker of sorts. The standard Choice Specs set is in use with HP Grass the choice over HP Ice, Thunderbolt, and even Will-O-Wisp as it provides Grass coverage against Swampert, which the team has problems against, especially if it is Mega Swampert.

Utensils (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

The most important part of any kitchen as well as the final member of my team. I needed a spinblocker to ensure that hazards could not be removed from the opposing side of the field. As Scald was what hindered Doublade the most going against Tentacruel, the most popular Rapid Spinner that could beat Doublade, it's removal worked wonders for Doublade. Doublade also provides my best check against CurseLax as Sacred Sword ignores the Defense boosts gained through the use of Curse and after being backed by Swords Dance it always beats CurseLax 1 v 1, it also doesn't risk paralysis via Body Slam as it is immune to it. It is also another priority user which is extremely helpful. I usually run more Speed on Doublade but a good chef never reveals his recipes. Then again, I'm shit at cooking.

AeroWingSoup (Aerodactyl) @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Unnerve
Jolly Nature
- Hone Claws
- Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Aqua Tail

BrainBran (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Knock Off

LucE-Charms (Lucario) @ Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Aura Sphere
- Vacuum Wave
- Flash Cannon

The Chef(s) (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- U-turn

LivingBakeOven (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Trick

Utensils (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sacred Sword
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak

That concludes my first RMT so here are a few shoutouts:

Competitive Tutoring buddies:
Eyan : Fellow Asian moderator, congratulations on your Chinese room Moderation, hopefully you DO manage to get rid of problem Gamma :P
Hairy Toenail : hairy toefail, the smug who won UULT because I managed to coach him through the laddering portion smh
AM : Esteemed global PS! moderator as well as Competitive Tutoring room owner, bless your soul for helping me hax my way through ladder, and fuck you for letting my opponents hax my ass.
Trinitrotoluene : Another esteemed room owner, and global PS! driver. Hopefully my Hyper Offense didn't disappoint booty-senpai!
Exeggutor : Just so you know Egg I don't deserve shit for liking OreImo ;-;
MrAldo : MAP, why is it even when you're on my GPS you STILL fail me. It's annoying.
Incognitus : This is the one person whose name is a complete and utter lie. And yes that includes people who call themselves Exeggutor when they're humans irl.
MKSLAYER97 : I'm still working with the Nigerian goverment to find out what MK stands for, don't worry.
Tyler0 : Just so you know Ty, I have your whole diary recorded and posted on a MySpace account, everyone will know now.
brokenwings : THE most hardcore masochist in the seven seas. If you ever need to rant about hax hit him up: 1300-888-333
The Bravest Bird : If anyone sees him, please contact me at +1 306-445-0033
DaAwesomeDude1 : If you ever get told your hax doesn't matter and need someone to talk to about how it does, especially to do with Air Slash, hit this man up.
rob. : Rumour around CT is that he is actually Drake irl, or at least a body double, stay tuned for more info.
StarmeiTheGod : If you ever need someone who is a pussy when he types but talks like a fucking bearded drunk ex-military kinda person this is your man.

I only mentioned the auth since there are a lot of regs and other shits *cough* Cyndequil *cough*

YABO : I've run through my contacts wikipedia to discover that your name means unaesthetic quality in Japanese. Therefore I know where you live, I will find you, and I will YABO you.
Xylen : It's ok Xylen, you're still a noobie. Due to constant research on your voice and typing style, I have figured out that you're actually half-Asian and half-Douchebag.

I'm sure there are others I haven't included, but then again I might be wrong since I don't have a life or any friends.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)