Forme Freaks - Get Your Rotom On - UU and above open!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EV

Banned deucer.
Here's the next batch!

**IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES WITH MATH/MOVES, I WILL FIX THEM NOW. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF MATH PROBLEMS**

Cryogonal - Ice (Levitate) ~ 70/50/30/95/135/105 : 485 total

• Cryogonal-Mossy - Grass (Levitate) ~ 70/45/80/110/145/115 : 565 total, +Aromatherapy
  • Cryogonal-Spirit - Ghost (Levitate) ~ 70/45/80/110/145/115 : 565 total, +Destiny Bond
  • Cryogonal-Burst - Fire (Levitate) ~ 70/45/80/110/145/115 : 565 total, +Heat Wave
  • Cryogonal-Pebble - Rock (Levitate) ~ 70/45/80/110/145/115 : 565 total, +Stealth Rock
  • Cryogonal-Clockwork - Steel (Levitate) ~ 70/45/80/110/145/115 : 565 total, +Doom Desire

Bouffalant - Normal (Reckless/Sap Sipper/Soundproof) ~ 95/110/95/40/95/55 : 490 total

• Bouffalant-Sizzlin - Fire (Reckless) ~ 95/130/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Flare Blitz
  • Bouffalant-Shades - Dark (Reckless) ~ 95/130/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Knock Off
  • Bouffalant-Natural - Grass (Reckless) ~ 95/130/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Wood Hammer
  • Bouffalant-Chill - Ice (Reckless) ~ 95/130/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Ice Shard
  • Bouffalant-Funky - Ghost (Reckless) ~ 95/130/105/35/105/100 : 570 total, +Shadow Sneak

Carbink - Rock/Fairy (Clear Body/Sturdy) ~ 50/50/150/50/150/50 : 500 total

• Carbink-Lustre - Steel/Fairy (Sturdy) ~ 50 / 70 / 165 / 85 / 165 / 45 : 580 total, +King's Shield
  • Carbink-Chrysalis - Bug/Fairy (Sturdy) ~ 50 / 70 / 165 / 85 / 165 / 45 : 580 total, +Sticky Web
  • Carbink-Balloon - Flying/Fairy (Sturdy) ~ 50 / 70 / 165 / 85 / 165 / 45 : 580 total, +Defog
  • Carbink-Rosebud - Grass/Fairy (Sturdy) ~ 50 / 70 / 165 / 85 / 165 / 45 : 580 total, +Aromatherapy
  • Carbink-Crystal - Ice/Fairy (Sturdy) ~ 50 / 70 / 165 / 85 / 165 / 45 : 580 total, +Haze

Dedenne - Electric/Fairy (Cheek Pouch/Pickup/Plus) ~ 67/58/57/81/67/101 : 431 total

• Dedenne-Satin - Electric/Ice (Cheek Pouch) ~ 67/53/77/130/81/103 : 511 total, +Ice Beam
  • Dedenne-Lilac - Electric/Fairy (Cheek Pouch) ~ 67/53/77/130/81/103 : 511 total, +Moonblast
  • Dedenne-Metal - Electric/Steel (Cheek Pouch) ~ 67/53/77/130/81/103 : 511 total, +Doom Desire
  • Dedenne-Cocoa - Electric/Ground (Cheek Pouch) ~ 67/53/77/130/81/103 : 511 total, +Earth Power
  • Dedenne-Amber - Electric/Fire (Cheek Pouch) ~ 67/53/77/130/81/103 : 511 total, +Eruption

Possible discussion points:
  • Is the flavor of each forme expressed well? Is there a theme for all 5 formes? Is it unique, intriguing, fun, boring?
  • How do the formes stack up competitively? Is one really good? Is one really bad? What niches might they fill in the standard metagame?
  • Have roles changed for the Pokemon? Is a former wall now a sweeper? Is a former attacker now better at support?
  • What's your favorite forme for each Pokemon and why?
  • For the creators, what was your inspiration? What were you trying to achieve?
  • Lastly, can you see something working better than what the creator submitted? Did they miss an opportunity to really advance the Pokemon somehow?
  • **This is NOT the place to recommend name changes!! Posts made solely to suggest a "better" name for any forme will be deleted.**
Have fun and don't be rude. You can be critical, but explain why you feel the way you do. Don't just say, "Oh god that was a stupid choice." After a few days, we'll make any necessary changes and then add them to the spreadsheet that I have yet to start.

Edit: Here's the spreadsheet of the work so far!

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well I just noticed that a stat doesn't go down by 5 on my Bouffalant submission >_<. If you could change that to -5 Special Attack, +5 Speed in your post, that'd be cool The Eevee General .

*Edit

Thanks.

Last edited:
It's as if Crystalbink was made to suck. Ice/ Fairy is bad enough, but Haze? that literally makes it worse than normal Carbink. But since it's supposed to be support, there was nothing else. It's basically like Rotom-Frost: utter Ice type trash. Sorry. Otherwise Carbink is pretty good.

Bouffalant is so fast, but it comes at the cost of bulk and offense. I guess you win soem, you lose some. The moves are fine, though.

Dedenne will still suck. Except Amber with Air balloon. But maybe Flamethrower or Fire Blast, i don't wanna rely on my terrible bulk to get me a powerful move.

Is cryogonal supposed to be offensive support? Because if so, that stat allocation is PERFECT. The moves are PERFECT. The typings are PERFECT much better.

I'm going to call out Cryogonal for flavor. The forms seem like they're replacing the material that it is made out of, and I can't see any form but Clockwork (a gear) taking on Cryogonal's shape. Also, Dedenne-Lilac has the same typing as Dedenne, which I don't think is allowed.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Cryogonal Clockwork more like Cryogonal Clockwreck

I'll post more in-depth when it isn't late here :p

Is cryogonal supposed to be offensive support? Because if so, that stat allocation is PERFECT. The moves are PERFECT. The typings are PERFECT much better.
I don't know about that. Ghost and Rock don't have any STAB moves outside of HP. Grass could be a decent cleric with spin support and recover but it would still be weak as hell.

I don't know about that. Ghost and Rock don't have any STAB moves outside of HP. Grass could be a decent cleric with spin support and recover but it would still be weak as hell.
I meant moves gotten. And you could put into consideration the whole nothing is perfect thing and say a iwas exaggerating. Because i was.

EV

Banned deucer.
Dedenne will still suck. Except Amber with Air balloon. But maybe Flamethrower or Fire Blast, i don't wanna rely on my terrible bulk to get me a powerful move.
You're missing the primo reason to use Cheek Pouch my friend. Dedenne-Amber can melt a lot of shit with 130 Special Attack Eruptions and when it takes a hit, it eats its Sitrus Berry, activates Cheek Pouch, and gains that HP back to melt more shit. Dedenne-Satin is also dope with STAB Electric/Ice. Also I don't mind that Dedenne-Lilac is still Electric/Fairy.

I really wish we'd gotten an Electric Bouffalant (Bouffalant-Bolt anyone?) to grab a STAB boost from Reckless Wild Charge, or even Volt Tackle if that was added. Bouffalant-Natural looks pretty cool tho. Wood Hammer/EQ/Megahorn/Stone Edge has good coverage. Plus, it should be noted that these formes are as fast as Reckless Staraptor and stronger, so I wouldn't be surprised if some of them landed in UU or above.

I've already written about Carbink, but I'll add that Carbink-Lustre has a lot of potential with one of the best typings in the game, huge defenses, and King's Shield to poop on physical attackers. Too bad it doesn't activate on Earthquake, its #1 enemy. Also, Sturdy+Sticky Web+Custap Berry+Stealth Rock is a good combo for Carbink-Chrysalis and it has important resistances to Fighting (x4), Dark, Dragon, and Ground if it needs to sponge attacks later. The thing suffers without any good recovery though, so it probably wouldn't go very high in the tiers.

Oh, Cryogonal. Cool designs imo, but bad results. Taking away its Ice-typing means it no longer has a decent STAB attack unless it goes Cryogonal-Burst, which pretty much retains its spinning role but in a different context. Moss is usable for support, but without Grass STAB it's big time Taunt and setup bait. Same with Pebble (who I would love to see get Power Gem over Stealth Rock y/y.) The Spirit one just looks like fodder to me in most circumstances. Spin hazards and then take out a foe with Destiny Bond. Not terrible, but not all that exciting. If you're willing BetaHousing , might you consider slapping on Ice again so they can maintain some offensive presence? I know Ice sucks in conjunction with most of those types, but without Ice Beam/Frost Breath as secondary STAB, they come across as very underwhelming. I guess it's a damned if you do/don't scenario, so I'll let you make the ultimate decision.

canno

formerly The Reptile
I personally feel that Will-o-Wisp and Metal Burst fits better than Heat Wave and Doom Desire respectively on the Cryo, as all the others get more support moves.

Cryogonal: The flavor of the Forme's seems weird, given that Cryogonal's entire thing is "Hi I'm a snowflake". Clockwork getting Doom Desire also strikes me as odd when 3 of the other 4 Forme's get support moves, Iron Defense to patch up its still comparatively weak Defense stat could make sense, and there's literally no flavor connection nor much competitive value for giving it Doom desire. Spirit Forme is just weird, as Destiny Bond isn't really a lot of added value, and it's not like Cryogonal gets Shadow Ball. And why does the ghost of a snowflake (Or whatever it's supposed to be) get Destiny Bond anyway? I like Burst just because a pure Fire type with Levitate is not only good competitively but is an interesting idea in other ways, and giving it Heat Wave can be argued as fitting vaguely to Cryogonal and is a solid move that would be particularly distinctive in Doubles/Triples. Mossy makes me sad, being basically Fast Special Carnivine, though to be fair Carnivine doesn't get Aromatherapy. Pebble is just confusing. I guess it's meant to be a hazards supremacy Pokemon? Set hazards, clear enemy hazards with Rapid Spin?

I like the statline, with it being a fast supporter but not a Prankster, but its Forme's seem to lack definition, both competitively and flavor-wise. To be fair, Cryogonal has severe problems to start with...

Bouffalant: Why do all the Forme's get a huge Speed boost and then the Chill Forme gets Ice Shard?? And same for Funky getting Shadow Sneak. More generally, Submission, High Jump Kick, Brave Bird, and most particularly Head Smash seem more relevant things to type for. (And Wild Charge, for that matter, though it already learns it, but it could have been given Magnet Rise or Charge or something) Seriously, why no Head Smash Bouffalant? The first three at least present biological hurdles (Can't grab, not built for jumping let alone kicking while doing so, not a bird), but we're talking a Pokemon whose entire thing is ramming its head into things.

I sort of like the music angle for the names of the Forme's, though it sort of leaves me wondering why they aren't in turn sound-focused Forme's with Soundproof and Sound moves and stuff. It's also not very helpful for pinning down what the Forme's actually are. Am I supposed to assume that all these Bouffalant Forme's are dancing? Somehow? Playing music? I dunno.

Carbink: Lustre is great all around, even if it's odd to be passing out King's Shield to it. No shield to shield with. Chrysalis is nice, though flavor-wise I'd expect Chrysalis to be a middle stage between Carbink and Diancie. Balloon amuses me with its name, nothing else I have to say. Rosebud is... ehh... well, Whimsicott doesn't actually get Aromatherapy?... Crystal is just awful and offers no logic for why it can use Haze beyond the supporter angle.

In any event all the Forme's (Except Crystal) are a good boost to Carbink, particularly for Trick Room.

Dedenne: The names confuse me. What does amber (fossilized tree sap) have to do with Fire typing? What does satin (a kind of weave) have to do with Ice typing? I can almost follow the logic of Lilac (a flower and a scent) being Fairy typing, since Fairy has some associations one would generally place on Grass, and Metal is blunt. But then we also have Coca, ie chocolate, as somehow Ground typing. Buh?

Metal getting Doom Desire is, again, bizarre on many levels. Doom Desire is a wish-based attack, Steel-typed because Jirachi is Steel and Future Sight is already a Psychic move that exists. What about a pudgy metallic electric rodent equals wishgranting? And then it's not really competitively viable, it's not like Dedenne learns Flash Cannon as the explanation... I don't get it at all. honestly, Amber is far and away the best of the bunch, and the only one that makes good use of Cheek Pouch being the Formes' Ability. I could actually see using Amber Dedenne in a niche way competitively, being a faster, harder hitting, and if you can't OHKO it, actually harder to weaken and kill version of Typhlosion. Yikes.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
Oh, Cryogonal. Cool designs imo, but bad results. Taking away its Ice-typing means it no longer has a decent STAB attack unless it goes Cryogonal-Burst, which pretty much retains its spinning role but in a different context. Moss is usable for support, but without Grass STAB it's big time Taunt and setup bait. Same with Pebble (who I would love to see get Power Gem over Stealth Rock y/y.) The Spirit one just looks like fodder to me in most circumstances. Spin hazards and then take out a foe with Destiny Bond. Not terrible, but not all that exciting. If you're willing BetaHousing , might you consider slapping on Ice again so they can maintain some offensive presence? I know Ice sucks in conjunction with most of those types, but without Ice Beam/Frost Breath as secondary STAB, they come across as very underwhelming. I guess it's a damned if you do/don't scenario, so I'll let you make the ultimate decision.
Wait what? My thing is being dicussed? ok. Well to start, every move I said is changeable (even for qwilphish) and I don't care if it gets changes. If you guys all decide on changes in a time, I will change them, no questions. For the Ice type addition.... I think it would be good to add it back, I will do that after finishing this. It seems normal to have it keep ice-type. Lastly, I will add flavour text when I feel like it when I can, that is no problem. That is all I wanted to say.

Basically, in a post either replying to this or tagging me, suggest me the moves that will change cryo's move additions, and I will do that. KK.

EV

Banned deucer.
BetaHousing A few of us have said to give it attacking moves:

+Energy Ball or Leaf Storm? for Moss.
+Shadow Ball for Spirit. (ultimate spinner)
+Power Gem for Pebble.
+Flash Cannon for Clockwork.
+Ice primary typing on all formes.

Or, to keep going the support route:

+Will-O-Wisp for Burst.
+Metal Burst or Iron Defense for Clockwork.

Other people questioned the flavor, but I think they are fine because I can see each one tbh.

Beta.

Ruff Ruff amirite?
BetaHousing A few of us have said to give it attacking moves:

+Energy Ball or Leaf Storm? for Moss.
+Shadow Ball for Spirit. (ultimate spinner)
+Power Gem for Pebble.
+Flash Cannon for Clockwork.
+Ice primary typing on all formes.

Or, to keep going the support route:

+Will-O-Wisp for Burst.
+Metal Burst or Iron Defense for Clockwork.

Other people questioned the flavor, but I think they are fine because I can see each one tbh.
CHANGELOG TO CRYOGONAL, WILL BE UPDATED AS TIME GOES ON, TEG, IF YOU HAVE ANY CHANGES, JUST HIGHLIGHT ME. WILL ADD FLAVOUR TEXT LATER.

• Ice type added to all formes
  • Fixed moves to the post prior.
  • Started the flavour text. Will fully complete later.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Regarding Dedenne, the formes are based off different colors of breeds that I read off of a mouse breeding website. Lilac and Chocolate (shortened to cocoa) were some of them, and there was also a "yellow" fur breed. Amber > Yellow especially with me being a 311 fan. Dedenne-Metal is based off of the "silver" breed, but making a silver thing be a steel type would be dumb. Feel free to to Eruption -> Searing Shot / Heatwave, and Doom Desire -> Flash Cannon. I just thought it would be pretty rad to give a presently crappy Pokemon some nuke worthy moves to match its stats, especially seeing how trendy Specs Doom Desire Jirachi was at the end of DPP. Flamethrower and Flash Cannon? Not so much.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Why did you change your pic so quickly
Anyways it isn't extremely good, but it's nice. Maybe use Petaya for your Eruption to become a Nuke.
Petaya is certainly an interesting choice but let's do some math. 25 (petaya) + 33 (cheek pouch) = 58%
150 x 58/100 = 87 BP. At 1.5 it's still less powerful than an unboosted full health Eruption, but you do get a 1.5 Thunderbolt which is nice. Anyway I think we should stick with Eruption. One of the reasons this project is so cool is that we can "spoil" the Pokemon somewhat. Give some formes some much needed moves, and other formes less useful moves that justify flavor. In Dedenne's case I'd like to spoil the little (b)rat as much as possible.

Petaya is certainly an interesting choice but let's do some math. 25 (petaya) + 33 (cheek pouch) = 58%
150 x 58/100 = 87 BP. At 1.5 it's still less powerful than an unboosted full health Eruption, but you do get a 1.5 Thunderbolt which is nice. Anyway I think we should stick with Eruption. One of the reasons this project is so cool is that we can "spoil" the Pokemon somewhat. Give some formes some much needed moves, and other formes less useful moves that justify flavor. In Dedenne's case I'd like to spoil the little (b)rat as much as possible.
That's right. I wasn't putting into consideration just Eruption, iwas thinking of the whole moveset. maybe a bulky attacker set would be nice. too bad the Eruption damage would be that low. Sitrus berry is the only other option, but whatever.

EV

Banned deucer.
Here's the next batch!

**IF THERE ARE ANY MISTAKES WITH MATH/MOVES, I WILL FIX THEM NOW. AND THERE ARE A LOT OF MATH PROBLEMS**

Registeel - Steel (Clear Body/Light Metal) ~ 80/75/150/75/150/50 : 580 total

• Registeel-Ice Age - Steel/Ice (Clear Body) ~ 80/105/165/100/165/45 : 660 total, +Icicle Crash
  • Registeel-Stone Age - Steel/Rock (Clear Body) ~ 80/105/165/100/165/45 : 660 total, +Power Gem
  • Registeel-Dark Age - Steel/Dark (Clear Body) ~ 80/105/165/100/165/45 : 660 total, +Dark Void
  • Registeel-Modern Age - Steel/Electric (Clear Body) ~ 80/105/165/100/165/45 : 660 total, +Fusion Bolt
  • Registeel-End Age - Steel/Ghost (Clear Body) ~ 80/105/165/100/165/45 : 660 total, +Shadow Ball

Regice - Ice (Clear Body/Ice Body) ~ 80/50/100/100/200/50 : 580 total

• Regice-Lightning - Ice/Electric (Clear Body) ~ 80/45/125/130/215/65 : 660 total, +Nuzzle
  • Regice-Eclipse - Ice/Dark (Clear Body) ~ 80/45/125/130/215/65 : 660 total, +Parting Shot
  • Regice-Deluge - Ice/Water (Clear Body) ~ 80/45/125/130/215/65 : 660 total, +Steam Eruption
  • Regice-Sirocco - Ice/Ground (Clear Body) ~ 80/45/125/130/215/65 : 660 total, +Earth Power
  • Regice-Aurora - Ice/Fairy (Clear Body) ~ 80/45/125/130/215/65 : 660 total, +Moonlight

Regirock - Rock (Clear Body/Sturdy) ~ 80/100/200/50/100/50 : 580 total

• Regirock-Grit - Ground (Clear Body) ~ 80/140/210/45/130/55 : 660 total, +Spikes
  • Regirock-Bendy - Rock/Fighting (Clear Body) ~ 80/140/210/45/130/55 : 660 total, +Close Combat
  • Regirock-Seeded - Rock/Grass (Clear Body) ~ 80/140/210/45/130/55 : 660 total, +Horn Leech
  • Regirock-Zen Statue - Rock/Psychic (Clear Body) ~ 80/140/210/45/130/55 : 660 total, +Zen Headbutt
  • Regirock-Possessed - Rock/Ghost (Clear Body) ~ 80/140/210/45/130/55 : 660 total, +Night Shade

Regigigas - Normal (Slow Start) ~ 110/160/110/80/110/100 : 670 total

• Regigigas-Synch - Normal/Psychic (Slow Start) ~ 110/160/140/75/140/125 : 750 total, +Skill Swap
  • Regigigas-Mold - Normal/Grass (Slow Start) ~ 110/160/140/75/140/125 : 750 total, +Leech Seed
  • Regigigas-Risen - Normal/Flying (Slow Start) ~ 110/160/140/75/140/125 : 750 total, +Roost
  • Regigigas-Inferno - Normal/Fire (Slow Start) ~ 110/160/140/75/140/125 : 750 total, +Flare Blitz
  • Regigigas-Agony - Normal/Ghost (Slow Start) ~ 110/160/140/75/140/125 : 750 total, +Curse

Possible discussion points:
  • Is the flavor of each forme expressed well? Is there a theme for all 5 formes? Is it unique, intriguing, fun, boring?
  • How do the formes stack up competitively? Is one really good? Is one really bad? What niches might they fill in the standard metagame?
  • Have roles changed for the Pokemon? Is a former wall now a sweeper? Is a former attacker now better at support?
  • What's your favorite forme for each Pokemon and why?
  • For the creators, what was your inspiration? What were you trying to achieve?
  • Lastly, can you see something working better than what the creator submitted? Did they miss an opportunity to really advance the Pokemon somehow?
  • **This is NOT the place to recommend name changes!! Posts made solely to suggest a "better" name for any forme will be deleted.**
Have fun and don't be rude. You can be critical, but explain why you feel the way you do. Don't just say, "Oh god that was a stupid choice." After a few days, we'll make any necessary changes and then add them to the spreadsheet.

Last edited:
OK amused that you arranged to do all the Regis together.

Registeel: In general a balanced boosting. I don't recall off the top of my head whether Registeel can pull off Special normally, but whatever, it fits to Registeel. Flavor-wise, I'm basically left wondering how you'd get these Forme's as equivalent options. Is this a "This is my Forme from two hundred years ago!" sort of thing, or are there time machine shenanigans, or what? It's kind of odd.

Gotta say, End Age Registeel is overall the best, being the only one with no double weaknesses. Ice Age is tortured by being Ice/Steel, which is just a bad, bad, bad type combination, and Icicle Crash isn't going to save it. (It's too bad there isn't any really amazing, Boomburst-esque Ice move) Stone Age bugs me because Power Gem is specifically a flash of light generated by a shiny gem, while Stone Age Registeel suggests that it is primitive and made of not-very-shiny rocks. Dark Age bugs me even more: Dark typing fits to the word Dark Age, but the Dark type is about being an amoral jerkface, basically, while the Dark Age(s) was a time where much technology was lost, barbarian hordes were at the gate, disease ran rampant, etc. Poison would be a more fitting typing to that, and in any event Dark Void is just a puzzling choice, particularly when compared against all these straight offense moves.

I like Modern Age though, double weakness to Ground or no.

Regice: That should be "Lightning", not "Lighting". Easily missed, still wrong. Overall statline change seems good, though I do wonder at the 15 Speed.

Does Deluge really need Steam Eruption? What's Regice doing generating those kinds of temperatures anyway? Scald would make more flavor sense, and Regice doesn't necessarily need overwhelming boosts to become OU relevant. Plus Scald has more PP, and that's important to a slow-game Pokemon like Regice. Aurora is slightly odd to me: I like the idea, but it's an established Pokemon thing that auroras=Electric (Aurorus gets a bunch of Electric moves while being Rock/Ice, and really,auroras are electromagnetic phenomenon), so it being a Fairy thing is sort of weird. Plus it just gets weird that Moonlight is on Aurora Forme (Weird lights generated by sunlight hitting the atmosphere and stuff) rather than Eclipse Forme. (Moon blocking the Sun!) Ultimately though, Stucco is my least favorite of the bunch, even though its typing is probably the most solid: the other Forme's are all supporters (Even if Parting Shot is odd for something that likes to build up with Charge Beam and Calm Mind) while Stucco Forme is randomly a straight attacker. Spikes is Ground type and everything...

There's also not a clear overarching connection between the Forme's. What's their common ground other than being Regice Formes?

Regigigas: Little bit min-maxy stat distribution, which isn't a big deal in singles play because Reigigas is that awful, but it could make it maybe too good in Doubles where Moxie Entrainment Pyroar fixing it up is a thing. This is particularly concerning with Risen getting Roost. I do appreciate not raising its already monstrous Attack, though.

Actually, Synch getting Skill Swap does make the stats concerning, because it can turn its weakness into a strength. As much as I liked Role Play Regigigas in Alphabetmons, I'm hesitant to thumbs-up a design that not only boosts its stats but lets it consistently bypass its weakness with no disadvantage, and in fact by dumping it onto its enemy. Especially with Aegislash currently banned from OU (Skill Swap will fail on Stance Change and Multitype), this is kind of bull.

I find myself wondering if the creator remembered that Agony will Curse the enemy rather than modify its own stats. It seems like an awful move to give a Ghost-typed Reigigigas.

In general, I feel like there's almost a theme to the Forme's, but not quite. Like, I can sort of see several of these having a theme of Regigigas undergoing enormous suffering of various sorts, but then what are Synch and Risen? Really, what the heck is Risen in general??

Mold is the only one I'm completely happy with. Regigigas already has some kind of moss or mold on it, so it's actually sort of sensible to imagine that the stuff grows out of control, takes over Regigigas' body ala Parasect, and starts trying to spread itself. Or it could be a symbiotic relationship, whatever.

Regirock: Main things I have to add to my admittedly uninformative statement on it are...

I still have no clue how to justify Bendy lore-wise. (And the more I think on it the more I feel like the name suggests High Jump Kick over Close Combat, ugh)

Grit was for some flexibility to Regirock's playstyle and because I've long felt that Regirock would maybe be OK as a straight Ground Pokemon spamming Earthquakes and supporting them with the Rock moves, vs being painfully bad as a straight Rock type that has non-STAB Earthquake...

Seeded was to extend one of Regirock's better things -that Assault Vest Regirock is actually decent with Drain Punch. I considered Leech Seed, but my own experience with Regirock is it actually doesn't work that well as something that tries to set up and grind the enemy down.

Zen Statue was actually the last one I came up with and was because I really really couldn't think of anything else that didn't run into problems I was unwilling to accept. (The fact that the only Rock/Psychics that currently exist are so bad I often am convinced the typing hasn't been done yet is just a bonus)

Possessed was because A: Golurk is cool B: Rock/Ghost hasn't been done yet and C: Night Shade is not based on stat matchups, and one of the things Regirock struggles with in competitive play is anything with high defensive stats and low HP (Shuckle chiefly), because it doesn't have any amazing offenses and lacks percentage-based attacks and so on. Also Rock/Ghost is actually a nifty, decent typing.

Registeel is pretty neat. I'm quite fond of the flavour concept. It evokes feelings of despair and of the apocalypse like something out of a cyberpunk film or comic. Just seems pretty badass picturing it as a time travelling cyborg. One problem I have with it, as Ghoul King pointed out, is the addition of Dark Void to its movepool for the Dark Age. To be fair, it seems there aren't really any dark-type moves that fit the Dark Ages. Crunch might fit the brutal, barbaric image of the Dark Ages better.

They all seem to be quite viable competitively too, particularly End-Age and Modern-Age. End-Age has a better support movepool than Aegislash and overall more bulk while Modern-Age has freakin' STAB Fusion Bolt. Yeah, I think these are my favourite forms so far.

Regice looks pretty cool. Steam Eruption doesn't make sense flavour-wise, as already mentioned. I think the Ice / Ground one has potential because its STAB combo is really potent and it's neutral to SR. Other than that, I think it will still struggle to be competitively viable because of how crippling Ice-typing is on something that slow. I don't really know, maybe its improved bulk is salvageable enough for it to put in some work?

Regirock is well done. Grit is a good spiker and bulky ground though it can't support as well as Hippowdon. Bendy gets a great STAB combo and a slow CC which appears useful, and Drain Punch actually gets STAB now! Rock / Grass is an interesting typing as many of Grass and Rock's individual weaknesses are suddenly neutral. I think something like Power Whip would be a better choice over Horn Leech since it already gets Drain Punch.

Will do the rest later.

Last edited:
Regigigas: Little bit min-maxy stat distribution, which isn't a big deal in singles play because Reigigas is that awful, but it could make it maybe too good in Doubles where Moxie Entrainment Pyroar fixing it up is a thing. This is particularly concerning with Risen getting Roost. I do appreciate not raising its already monstrous Attack, though.

Actually, Synch getting Skill Swap does make the stats concerning, because it can turn its weakness into a strength. As much as I liked Role Play Regigigas in Alphabetmons, I'm hesitant to thumbs-up a design that not only boosts its stats but lets it consistently bypass its weakness with no disadvantage, and in fact by dumping it onto its enemy. Especially with Aegislash currently banned from OU (Skill Swap will fail on Stance Change and Multitype), this is kind of bull.

I find myself wondering if the creator remembered that Agony will Curse the enemy rather than modify its own stats. It seems like an awful move to give a Ghost-typed Reigigigas.

In general, I feel like there's almost a theme to the Forme's, but not quite. Like, I can sort of see several of these having a theme of Regigigas undergoing enormous suffering of various sorts, but then what are Synch and Risen? Really, what the heck is Risen in general??

Mold is the only one I'm completely happy with. Regigigas already has some kind of moss or mold on it, so it's actually sort of sensible to imagine that the stuff grows out of control, takes over Regigigas' body ala Parasect, and starts trying to spread itself. Or it could be a symbiotic relationship, whatever.
One Paragraph a time.

It was to give you a sense that this thing being 50 BST stronger than Arceus wouldn't break it. Also this won't be a doubles format, just singles. 110/160/110/80/110/100-> 110/180/100/80/100/100 could be better if you want.

Uhhh... what do i say. I don't know what to change it to, and i'm not giving it STAB. Nomrla/Psychic is quite shitty, Meloetta-A can tell you that.

I do know that, it's meant to be awful. Going through an eternal agony in it's sleep makes going near it risking recieving the same. Like in a different context, being so evil that going near others makes them evil(eventually). Plus, balance. I want the Normal/Ghost thing to have something that lowers it's 1 weakness, 2 immunity almost Arceus-like bulk by half. Especially with no recovery.

Synch-Psycho there. Risen: I dunno, that one form that conquers and rises from the ground? Got a better name? Because i don't(sarcasm unintended).

Hence Leech Seed. It can't get enough of Regigigas, and will leech off it's enemies too to sate it's hunger.

Thanks for your input.

WALL OF TEXT INBOUND
---------------------------
Registeel:
Stats-
Overall a good, balanced boost that stays true to Registeel’s position as the more balanced Regi. Personally I would have put the extra 5 stats into Special Attack since more of Registeel’s relevant moves are special anyways, but w/e.
Theme- I think the theme here works very well. It gives me the impression that Registeel is some kind of ancient machine that changes and rebuilds itself with each major age in Earth’s history, which I feel only Registeel can pull off due to the fact that it has the most mechanical design of the Regis.
Competitive Use- End Age is definitely the best out of all of these, seeing how it’s basically Aegislash but with a different ability and without the need to sacrifice bulk in order to attack, although no King’s Shield and lower offenses might prevent it from being as powerful. Dark Age is the only other forme I could see being particularly useful, because Dark Void is a great support move.

Regice:
Stats-
Like Registeel, Regice’s new stats stay true to its base forme. TBH I’m not quite sure what’s up with the speed boost though, since Regice can’t outspeed much anyways.
Theme- It seems the theme here is weather and other things that have to do with the sky, but I’m not sure how Stucco fits in, since stucco is a kind of building material. Also, minor nitpick, but what I’m assuming was supposed to say “lightning” says “lighting”.
Competitive Use- Since Ice is an awful defensive typing, I like how most of these formes seem to be geared more towards bulky offense. Aurora has me the most interested, since Moonlight will be great for keeping Regice alive longer. I’m not sure how to feel about Eclipse, since although Parting Shot is a great move, I’m not sure if Regice has the stats or typing to use it to its full effect. Also, as great as Steam Eruption on Deluge is, I don’t feel like it makes much sense flavor wise.

Regirock:
Stats-
Same comments as Regice. Not sure whats up with the speed, but aside from that stats are faithful to the original.
Theme- The theme looks like it’s supposed to be different kinds of statues, but the way some of them are worded is a bit awkward. I’m assuming Grit is supposed to refer to a statue that’s been worn down and has a rough appearance. Bendy makes very little sense to me. I’m assuming it’s supposed to refer to the statue becoming more flexible so it can use Fighting type moves, but to me it sounds like it has flailing noodle arms. Seeded seems to mean that the statue is covered in plants and moss, so I personally would have just called it Mossy or something like that. Zen and Possessed are fine, although I would remove the “statue” from “Zen Statue” for consistency.
Competitive Use- Overall I’m seeing a lot of diversity here, which is good. Grit could be a good hazard stacker thanks to its bulk and the addition of Spikes, Seeded seems like it could be an OU alternative to Cradily, and all of the formes could probably run a good Assault Vest or Choice Band set, although I’m sort of questioning the addition of Night Shade on Possessed, and I think that Shadow Sneak or Shadow Punch would have been better.

Regigigas:
Stats-
All around a nice boost. The addition to speed actually makes sense here, since Gigas already had decent speed. More Attack would have been nice to help get around Slow Start, but considering the moves the new formes get, it’s acceptable.
Theme- Honestly I’m not sure what to say about this. Inferno, Agony, and Risen suggest suffering followed by redemption (which is pretty appropriate considering how Slow Start works), but Synch and Mold seem unrelated.
Competitive Use-
Overall it seems that the theme here is giving Gigas new moves to get around Slow Start somehow. Synch’s Skill Swap is easily the best at this, since it lets Gigas replace its ability turn 1. Mold’s Leech Seed is a nice alternative, as it provides Gigas with steady damage and healing while it waits for Slow Start to wear off. Roost is similarly useful, but the lack of damage might be an issue. Inferno and Agony have pretty awful moves though. Flare Blitz might be powerful, but not enough to make up for Slow Start, and the recoil doesn’t help. Curse, on the other hand, is useful in theory, but becomes less effective when you realize the opponent can just switch out after being cursed, leaving Gigas at around half health and therefore easily KOed.

Reactions: EV

EV

Banned deucer.
I want Regice/Regirock to mirror each other. Which one's stats should we commit to?

I gave Regirock 5 Speed because the wording of the original post sounds like you're supposed to increase four stats and lower one. Not many people have done that and nobody's been called on it so maybe I misunderstood, but that's why. If that's not a thing, I'd rather give Regirock more of a boost by dumping the pointless Speed boost and increase its Attack a little more.

Now that you mention it I'm not sure why I didn't go for Shadow Sneak on Possessed. I'm thinking it should be switched to.

My intention with Grit is that where Regirock is made of a variety of large-ish stones that sort of hold together somehow, Grit Forme would be a vaguely humanoid pile of... grit. Sand, small rocks, that sort of thing.

Bendy was, yeah, it's somehow a flexible statue. Maybe Plastic?

I called Seeded Seeded because Leech Seed. I wasn't thinking moss, I was thinking grass and flowers. More visually interesting, though less "realistic". Also thorny vines all over it, in part as the explanation for horn leech.

I appreciate your feedback.

EDIT: Oh, and Warriorman, the thing about Risen that I'm getting at is that it's not really clear why Regigigas is now a Flying type. Did it just sprout wings? Has it ascended to become a superior being who can float because Reasons? It's a very ambiguous name where I have no clue what Regigigas-Risen is supposed to be like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)