Forum Suggestion

I've noticed that in a lot of places people reply to posts saying that this forum is for "bug reports and suggestions" or something of the sort. It seems like they're getting annoyed with people for posting things that aren't in those categories.

However, if you go back and read the thread labeled "Read This Before Posting" - which is, obviously, the thread you would read before posting - it clearly says that this forum is for discussion of Shoddy Battle. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to either put in that post that this forums is only for bug reports and suggestions, or tell the people that are mini-modding to cut it out and stop telling people what to post in this forum, as well as clarify that this forum is in fact for discussion and not just bug reports.

Yeah, that's all. : D

EDIT: Also, if it is not for discussion, there really should be some sort of forum dedicated to discussing the Shoddy meta, setting up battles/tournaments in Shoddy, and so on. But again, just my opinion; Shoddy just doesn't seem proper to post in the normal Competitive forum.

Also, if it is not for discussion, there really should be some sort of forum dedicated to discussing the Shoddy meta, setting up battles/tournaments in Shoddy, and so on.
The Stark Mountain and Tournaments boards are purely for the shoddy meta. If you're more looking for WiFi meta, then look in the WiFi board. It's really that simple.

I favor this idea, because being active in just this forum on smogon for over a year, I have seen numerous Shoddy 1 bug reports, not going to get fixed. I would love a forum inside it, then I don't need to waste time reading them.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As Otterpaw has already stated, having another forum devoted to Shoddy meta and Shoddy tournaments is just redundant. Shoddy meta is the metagame being discussed in forums like Stark Mountain. In Competitive the tournaments are being run on Shoddy anyway. Unless you can think of anything significantly different that is worth discussion and applies exclusively to Shoddy then these forums will stay the way they are.

Duck92, you really ought to be active outside the Shoddy forum, there's honestly not that much here.

I am. I know it's not a lot here, but I still go here, mainly just something to do in my spare time.
Also, I am quite active on many other forums, and websites non-related to Pokemon, thank you very much.

None of this changes OR addresses my original point, that the purpose of this forum should be clarified somewhere for newcomers. Even simply having a thread that says "This forum is to be used for bug reports and suggestions" would save a lot of time for the moderators replying to people who don't need to post here in the first place, and in any case the intro thread does in fact say this forum is for discussion and is therefore misleading.

And if the Stark Mountain board is for Shoddy meta, then it should also be changed to reflect this. : / Honestly, changing descriptions is a five minute job and should not be all that big a deal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)